Random Inspiration...

A thought for today...it is all in your perspective...
Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room’s only window.The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.

Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.
One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by.
Although the other man couldn’t hear the band - he could see it in his mind’s eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days and weeks passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths, only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.

He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.

It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said, “Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.”

Epilogue:There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.
Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

“Today is a gift, that’s why it is called the present.”

I take this story as a view on your perspective...If you choose to, you can see a wall...if you choose to, you can see a beautiful scene beyond that wall...

Linda,
What can I say but absolutely breath taking...

Keep helping to Heal The World~~~

Story and Moral for Today...
The Story Of The Boatman And The Teacher
A certain man named, Arya, who was the proud owner of a boat, invited the village teacher for an excursion on the Caspian Sea. The teacher lolled about under the canopy and asked Arya, "What kind of weather will we have today?"

Arya checked the direction of the wind, looked up at the sun, wrinkled his brow, and answered, "If you ask me, we is going to have a storm."

Horrified by this reply, the teacher made a face and said critically, "Arya, you should not say 'we is' but say 'we are'. Didn't you ever learn grammar?"

Arya responded to this reprimand with nothing but a shrug of his shoulders. "What do I care about grammar?" he asked.

The teacher was at his wits' end. "You don't know grammar. That means half your life is down the drain!"

Just as Arya had predicted, dark clouds developed on the horizon, a strong wind whipped the waves, and the boat tossed about in the rough sea. In no time there was lots of water in the boat and Arya asked the teacher, "Have you ever learned to swim?"

The teacher answered, "No. Why should I learn to swim?"

Grinning from ear to ear, Arya replied, "Well, in that case your whole life is down the drain, because our boat is going to sink any minute now!"

MORAL: Do not balk at learning new ideas and new skills, for you never know when they may come in handy!

Wow! Impressive...

You are truly a beautiful human being...Thank You for sharing..!

Small Acts of Kindness

How about that young man/woman who dresses weird, has body tattoos and metal objects stapled on them, who take the time to help a crotchety old person across a busy inter-section? How about that [tough] looking male sitting in the subway car who gives-up his seat for a toddler? Or maybe that faceless/nameless individual who is out of work giving one of their last dollars to another nameless/faceless young mother with two children who cannot quite come up with the full amount at the grocery store check-out line?

People who "accidently" come into contact with another and do these very small acts of heroism (or perhaps we can call it kindness) on a daily basis, get no reward and are not looking for anything. Heroes come in small packages and they come in very large, bigger-than-life packages. They come with disabilities. They come from impoverished inner-city dwellings. They also come with mega bank accounts. All sizes, all shapes, all color and stripe. They do "small" things for their fellow human yet "large" things in the eyes of God.

--klauden

65 Roses...

Sixty-Five Roses
by John Faucett

Upon learning that my four-year-old son,
Richard, has cystic fibrosis,
I was in shock, then I mourned.
Finally I became furious and fought back.
Franticly every night I would call everywhere
Looking for help; there was none.
One night after several long and agonizing
Phone calls pleading for help,
Richard came into the room
And said, "Mommy I know who you work for."
With some trepidation,
I posed the question back to him,
"Who, Richard?"
"Sixty-five roses," he said with a smile.
I went to him and tenderly pressed his tiny body
To mine so he could not see
The tears running down my cheeks.
I was amazed since I had never told him
That he has advanced liver cancer.
Then as I hugged him, I realized
He couldn't pronounce cystic fibrosis,
So now every time, for the past thirty-eight years,
As I visit Richard, I smile and cry as I gaze upon
A seven-year-old's gravestone
That reads "sixty-five roses."

Richard, it has been thirty-eight poignant years to the day
That is why "sixty-five roses" on your grave we placed today
Then on our knees we got and silently prayed,
No,not for you our sweetie
For we know you're safe in heaven
But for daddy and I,
Whose hearts have never mended.
We want to thank you Richard and need to apologize,
We stood by your grave today and told you our reaons why.
"Sixty-five roses" lay beautifully upon your grave
To signify the illness that took your life away
We always knew this is the place
Where in your youth you'd lay
And all we asked and wanted is for it to be maintained.
Many people loved you and many heard our plea,
For each time we come to visit
We find things placed anonymously.
"Sixty-five roses"
We placed there today
"Sixty-five roses" is what took you away.

We didn't know much about this killer disease at first but we do now.
While doing research for our son Richard, who had cystic fibrosis.
My husband and I read, over 30,000 children a year die from it.
The children are so young that they are unable to pronounce cystic fibrosis.
So they call there disease "sixty-five roses"
This moved us,
Enough to both support and contribute to finding a cure
And to tell you about the disease; our little boy heard as,
"Sixty-five roses" - cystic fibrosis.
Easy to say as "sixty-five roses",
Difficult to cure as cystic fibrosis.

Most of what I really need to know how to live and what to do and how to be, I learned in kindergarten. These are the things I learned: Share everything. Play fair. Don't hit people. Put things back where you found them. Clean up your own mess. Don't take things that aren't yours. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody. Wash your hands before you eat. Flush. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you. Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. When you go out into the world, watch for traffic, hold hands and stick together. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the plastic cup. The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that. Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the plastic cup - they all die. So do we. Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and sane living. Think of what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk about 3 o'clock every afternoon...or if we had a basic policy in our nations to always put things back where we found them and clean up our own messes. And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world, it is better to hold hands and stick together.

65 Roses...

Sixty-Five Roses
by John Faucett

Upon learning that my four-year-old son,
Richard, has cystic fibrosis,
I was in shock, then I mourned.
Finally I became furious and fought back.
Franticly every night I would call everywhere
Looking for help; there was none.
One night after several long and agonizing
Phone calls pleading for help,
Richard came into the room
And said, "Mommy I know who you work for."
With some trepidation,
I posed the question back to him,
"Who, Richard?"
"Sixty-five roses," he said with a smile.
I went to him and tenderly pressed his tiny body
To mine so he could not see
The tears running down my cheeks.
I was amazed since I had never told him
That he has advanced liver cancer.
Then as I hugged him, I realized
He couldn't pronounce cystic fibrosis,
So now every time, for the past thirty-eight years,
As I visit Richard, I smile and cry as I gaze upon
A seven-year-old's gravestone
That reads "sixty-five roses."

Richard, it has been thirty-eight poignant years to the day
That is why "sixty-five roses" on your grave we placed today
Then on our knees we got and silently prayed,
No,not for you our sweetie
For we know you're safe in heaven
But for daddy and I,
Whose hearts have never mended.
We want to thank you Richard and need to apologize,
We stood by your grave today and told you our reaons why.
"Sixty-five roses" lay beautifully upon your grave
To signify the illness that took your life away
We always knew this is the place
Where in your youth you'd lay
And all we asked and wanted is for it to be maintained.
Many people loved you and many heard our plea,
For each time we come to visit
We find things placed anonymously.
"Sixty-five roses"
We placed there today
"Sixty-five roses" is what took you away.

We didn't know much about this killer disease at first but we do now.
While doing research for our son Richard, who had cystic fibrosis.
My husband and I read, over 30,000 children a year die from it.
The children are so young that they are unable to pronounce cystic fibrosis.
So they call there disease "sixty-five roses"
This moved us,
Enough to both support and contribute to finding a cure
And to tell you about the disease; our little boy heard as,
"Sixty-five roses" - cystic fibrosis.
Easy to say as "sixty-five roses",
Difficult to cure as cystic fibrosis.

My goodness gracious, this is brings tears to my heart...Gosh..

Most of what I really need to know how to live and what to do and how to be, I learned in kindergarten. These are the things I learned: Share everything. Play fair. Don't hit people. Put things back where you found them. Clean up your own mess. Don't take things that aren't yours. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody. Wash your hands before you eat. Flush. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you. Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. When you go out into the world, watch for traffic, hold hands and stick together. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the plastic cup. The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that. Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the plastic cup - they all die. So do we. Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and sane living. Think of what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk about 3 o'clock every afternoon...or if we had a basic policy in our nations to always put things back where we found them and clean up our own messes. And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world, it is better to hold hands and stick together.

Isn't this the truth. Beautiful..!

My goodness gracious, this is brings tears to my heart...Gosh..

It is so great that we have come so far in medicine to not lose children like this so young...but there is so much more to do. When I read this the first time, I was a bucket too....

Humility is the solid foundation of all the virtues.

-Confucius

Oh I forgot to mention it's by Robert Fulghum

General standards of human rights apply to the people of all countries because, regardless of their cultural background, all humans share an inherent yearning for freedom, equality and dignity. Democracy and respect for fundamental human rights are as important to Africans and Asians as they are to Europeans and Americans.

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama, "Harvard International Review," 1995

Heal the World~~~"Education is the Key"

Re: Love Letters to Your Kids

"Let your children know that you love and support them all year long--with a note.
By Patti Teel

If you've ever attended a classroom Valentine's party, you've seen how enthralled children are to open each and every valentine. Starting around age three, children not only enjoy receiving notes and tokens of affection, they take great delight in giving them. Many children also begin to express their love by drawing and presenting their pictures and homemade cards to their family and teachers.

Most parents receive an assortment of pictures and cards containing colorful rainbows, hearts, and words of love--which are all the more precious because they record the backward letters and phonetic spelling of a child's learning years. These pictures and love notes fill your heart--as well as boxes, files, and a significant portion of your garage.

If you're only giving your children cards and notes on "special" days and holidays, you're missing out on a wonderful opportunity. Through the written word, parents can express love, encouragement, appreciation, concern, and understanding. It's also an effective way to settle a misunderstanding, offer an apology, or express constructive criticism.

During the turbulent teen years, notes and letters can be a wonderful way to keep the lines of communication open and to gain a deeper understanding of your child. And while it's easy to let a thoughtless or angry remark slip out of our mouths, writing notes requires us to be reflective as we carefully choose the words that will communicate a clear and thoughtful message.

Sometimes, older children and teens are more comfortable expressing their heartfelt emotions through the written, rather than the spoken word. My teenage daughter writes me notes with a depth of thoughtfulness and understanding that takes my breath away. The colorful cards of her childhood have been replaced by letters and email that express her growing maturity, love, and the agony and joy of young adulthood. Whether your child is three years old or 17--cards, notes, letters, email, and ecards are a great way to deliver a message of love and understanding.

Here are some ways to use the written word in your relationship with your child. Use notes to...

"Express love"
Children can't be told too often that we love them or that we're thankful to be their parent. In addition to telling your children that you love them, leave little love notes in visible places—taped to the bathroom mirror, by the front door, etc. "Sticky" notes are perfect for this purpose.

"Give appreciation and thanks"
When your child surprises you by straightening a room or helping with the dishes, write a quick thank-you note, and post it where he or she is sure to spot it.

"Congratulate and celebrate"
Young children love to receive mail. Occasionally, surprise your child by sending a congratulatory note in the mail. For example, "Congratulations! You finished your science project! Let's celebrate with a scoop of ice cream!"

"Apologize"
If you lose your temper, or make a mistake that affects your child, write an apology note. You will be teaching your children to accept responsibility for their actions and to make amends to anyone who is harmed by them.

"Remind your child"
While verbal reminders can feel like nagging, notes can clearly list the chores your child is expected to do.

"Give encouragement"
When your child will be facing a particular challenge at school, tuck a note in his lunchbox or backpack saying, "You can do it," or "I have faith in you!"

For older child or teens, use notes or emails to:

"Gain understanding and stay close"
Share a journal with your older child or teen. Pass it back and forth and keep it in a place where each of you can get to it and easily express your feelings. Or keep an email chain going between you.

"Show concern and clear up misunderstandings"
If your child becomes defensive and angry when you try to correct his behavior, notes or emails can be especially effective. A thoughtful note can clear up a misunderstanding and help to ensure that constructive criticism is taken in the spirit that it is intended.

Beliefnet.com

Heal The World~~~"Education Is the Key"

Re: Precious Human Commodities

In 1964 the Beatles released a song titled Can’t Buy Me Love. Like most Beatle songs, it had a great melody, wonderful harmonies and catchy lyrics. As I heard this song on the radio the other day, the punch line caught my attention, and that’s what I want to talk to you about today. The line goes as follows: Cause I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love.

In a 1966 interview about the song, Paul McCartney talked about his motivation for writing it. He said, "The idea behind it was that all these material possessions are all very well, but they won't buy me what I really want." Very profound and very true, as money and material things can’t buy us love or happiness. Sure, it helps in many ways to have money, and I would much rather have it than not have it, but money cannot buy you love or happiness. Those precious human commodities are not found in ritzy boutiques, luxurious homes or hefty bank accounts. So, with that as my foundation, here is what I would like you to think about today: In your life, how does the accumulation of money and material possessions factor into your ability to find love and happiness?

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare

beautiful thread. I enjoyed reading all the stories in here a lot. :)

Awwe...I am pleased that you enjoy reading all the stories, reflections, and inspirations. Life certainly can be difficult sometimes, but it can always be worse. Periodically we think that we have it bad and then we read, hear, or are personally effected by others difficulties and realize that life is precious and should "never" be taken for granted..!

If you enjoy these posts, check out my blogs, I try to not to post/repeat the same Refections of Thoughts ...but sometimes...I truly feel that a perticular reflection, story, inspiration should be given the utmost respect and admiration of being shared by more than one area of the net...

May peace bring joy and happiness throughout your day!

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

Last edited:
I'm living proof that if you fight hard enough, and you're determined, you can make anything happen as long as you keep your integrity and you stay true to yourself....You just need to have faith and to stay honest real.

-Beverley Mitchell

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."

George Washington Carver

Re: Random Inspiration...Hundred Years From Now

A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW~~~

It will not matter what my bank account was,
the sort of house I lived in or what kind of car I drove...

But the world may be a different place because,
I was important in the life of another human being...

Author Unknown
Paraphrased by Susie

Heal The World~~~
Knowledge Is Growth~~~"Education Is The Key"

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one! by CS lewis

Food For Thought:

Unless we as a society are personally effected by things, we tend to become blinded about the issues that truly effect our children, the elderly, and society as a whole...

The courts do what they can to help, guide, and eleviate some of the burdeons that are placed on our children, young adults...at a time when they should be enjoying there childhood they end up the innocent victim (s)...

In the United States, we have two types of nursing home facilities...State & Privately owned with two types/set of rules/guidlines that each must follow...

We as a Nation have stricter Laws, Rules, Guidelines, more Investigators for the food industry than we do to PROTECT our elderly.....!

Until we as a society recognize and help change all the shenanigans going on in Privately owned Nursing Home Facilities...

"Our elderly will continue to be disrespected instead of being treated with "great honor and dignity..!"

Always remember... Natural cycle of life + human beings body + eventually start to shut down = "Do unto others as you would want do unto you..!"

How Can We Help Animals? Ways we can be responsible to our furry friends.

Most people believe we have a responsibility to our fellow creatures, but what that means is...​

content_3.gif

Have You Visited Our Pets Page?

Share Your Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes

content_4.gif

The Calming Angels of Peace
"It was a day where everyone around me seemed to be upset by one thing or another. Since I was a readily available sympathetic ear, I listened to venting and ranting..." shared Doreen Virtue in her newest blog entry.

Last edited:
Re: Random Inspiration...don't worry!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From: http://www.inspirational-quotes.info/dontworry.html

:yes:
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quotes to Overcome Worry and Anxiety[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't waste your life in doubts and fears: spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ralph Waldo Emerson[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope and fear;
But grateful take the good I find,
The best of now and here.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
John G. Whittier[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is not work that kills men, it is worry. Work is healthy; you can hardly put more on a man than he can bear. But worry is rust upon the blade. It is not movement that destroys the machinery, but friction.
Henry Ward Beecher[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Be just, and fear not.
Let all the ends thou aim'st at be thy country's,
Thy God's and truth's.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
William Shakespeare[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Never let life's hardships disturb you ... no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.
Nichiren Daishonen[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ask yourself this question:
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Richard Carlson, writing in Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Surely there is something in the unruffled calm of nature that overawes our little anxieties and doubts; the sight of the deep-blue sky and the clustering stars above seems to impart a quiet to the mind.
Jonathan Edwards[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
Benjamin Franklin[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Imagine every day to be the last of a life surrounded with hopes, cares, anger and fear. The hours that come unexpectedly will be much the more grateful.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Horace[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The mind that is anxious about future events is miserable.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Seneca [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Present fears are less than horrible imaginings.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
William Shakespeare[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let us be of good cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those that never happen.
James Russel Lowell
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How much pain have cost us the evils that have never happened.
Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is the trouble that never comes that causes the loss of sleep.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Chas. Austin Bates
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
Henry David Thoreau[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We also deem those happy, who from the experience of life, have learned to bear its ills and without descanting on their weight.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Junvenal [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thus each person by his fears gives wings to rumor, and, without any real source of apprehension, men fear what they themselves have imagined.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Lucan[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Albert Einstein

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is idle to dread what you cannot avoid.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Publius Syrus[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enjoy the present day, as distrusting that which is to follow.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Horace[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He either fears his fate too much,
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To gain or lose it all. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Marquis of Montrose[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The rose is fairest when 't is budding new,
and hope is brightest when it dawns from fears.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Walter Scott[/FONT]

From the Masters....

1.) "It's not the situation, but whether we react (negative) or respond (positive) to the situation that's important." -- Zig Ziglar

2.) "Keep your face in the sunshine and you can never see the shadow."

Helen Keller
:punk:

"Some can be so self absorbed that they tuly forget about the qualities, and the opportunities to be all that you can be..!

Knowledge Is Growth~~~

Opps posted twice

Last edited:
Back