R.I.P. Patrick Swayze

ElleBella

Proud Member
Patrick Swayze Dies

Posted Sep 14th 2009 7:57PM by TMZ Staff

Patrick Swayze died today after a long battle with cancer. He was 57.

Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January 2008. His publicist says he died with his family at his side.

He was the star of such movies as "Ghost," "Dirty Dancing," and "Road House." Swayze was named People's Sexiest Man Alive in 1991.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0R86xMSCL

Patrick Swayze dies.... :(

'Dirty Dancing' star Patrick Swayze at 57

2 mins ago
LOS ANGELES – Patrick Swayze, the hunky actor who danced his way into viewers' hearts with "Dirty Dancing" and then broke them with "Ghost," died Monday after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 57.
"Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," said a statement released Monday evening by his publicist, Annett Wolf. No other details were given.
Fans of the actor were saddened to learn in March 2008 that Swayze was suffering from a particularly deadly form of cancer.
He had kept working despite the diagnosis, putting together a memoir with his wife and shooting "The Beast," an A&E drama series for which he had already made the pilot. It drew a respectable 1.3 million viewers when the 13 episodes ran in 2009, but A&E said it had reluctantly decided not to renew it for a second season.
Swayze said he opted not to use painkilling drugs while making "The Beast" because they would have taken the edge off his performance. He acknowledged that time might be running out given the grim nature of the disease.
When he first went public with the illness, some reports gave him only weeks to live, but his doctor said his situation was "considerably more optimistic" than that.
"I'd say five years is pretty wishful thinking," Swayze told ABC's Barbara Walters in early 2009. "Two years seems likely if you're going to believe statistics. I want to last until they find a cure, which means I'd better get a fire under it."
A three-time Golden Globe nominee, Swayze became a star with his performance as the misunderstood bad-boy Johnny Castle in "Dirty Dancing." As the son of a choreographer who began his career in musical theater, he seemed a natural to play the role.
A coming-of-age romance starring Jennifer Grey as an idealistic young woman on vacation with her family and Swayze as the Catskills resort's sexy (and much older) dance instructor, the film made great use of both his grace on his feet and his muscular physique.
It became an international phenomenon in the summer of 1987, spawning albums, an Oscar-winning hit song in "(I've Had) the Time of My Life," stage productions and a sequel, 2004's "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights," in which he made a cameo.

_____

RIP :cry:

Re: Patrick Swayze dies.... :(

Oh nooooooooo!!! My love for his family :( I love his movies!!!

poor thing, we knew it was coming, but it doesnt make it any easier. rip

RIP Patrick
This makes me very sad
I really loved that man

my son had the same cancer and was a surviver
they had to remove half his stomach, pacreas and
intestines _ I cant tell you how scared I was
they said is was a miracle ..

I was praying for a miracle for Patrick *weeping*

Patrick Swayze's Sad Episode Preview on the View
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJOgVkrla4

Patrick Swayze & Wife Lisa Dancing At World Music Awards 1994
They have been maried for over 33 years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y0TWOttkVo

I loved this movie _ Dirty dancing _ The Time of my life
He was so Hott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XokDWnuqdP0

Last edited:
I knew this was coming, but damn... :(

RIP, Patrick. My fave film of yours is "Ghost". Now you'll really be an angel now. :(

God, I still can't believe it. I was only watching Ghost the other night, and wondering how he was going - because I hadn't heard anything.

I am shocked. It's so sad :cry:

I hate this year I want it to go away :cry:

I hear ya, Shay!!!

Damn!! Poor Patrick Swayze!! Even though we were expecting this news, it's still hard to take when it comes.

I loved him in Dirty Dancing!! And that song he did called, She's Like The Wind.

Last edited:
OMFG wat is going on .......................that is so sad really sad loved all his films he is a lovely actor im shocked,thought he was getting well?:boohoo:R.I.P patrick nd love to his family xx--xx

I know, it was only this year in an interview saying he thought he had 2yrs left.....
thats so increadably sad.
And he died the same age as his father which is a nasty coincidence. :sad:
xxx

my favorite one is "To wong foo thanks for everything julie newmar"
he was so funny in that.. such an amazing actor and dancer :cry:

I know, it was only this year in an interview saying he thought he had 2yrs left.....
thats so increadably sad.
And he died the same age as his father which is a nasty coincidence. :sad:
xxx

Ya i read that interview and he was calm that he was on the mend,i tell ya i so need a word with the grim reeper,it is taking all the wrong ppl so so wrong and the same age as his dad thats so sad bless him i so love ghost as well :cry: xxx

:cry:
I'm so sad, and I feel sick. It's just all too much.
:(
Rest in peace, dear Patrick. You were so brave and an inspiration to us all. God rest you.
:( x

I cried when I heard the news just a few minutes ago. I loved Patrick so much. I loved his movies and I had a crush on him also. Dirty Dancing will forever be the best movie I have seen him in. :no:I just don't know what to say. May he rest in peace and my condolences to his family. Lord what a year this has been:(:cry:

I was just thinking about him yesterday. Patrick will truly be missed. My love goes out to the family.

Rest in Peace Patrick..
This year the Lord has welcomed back home so many talented people. :better:

Back