Quincy Jones' Latest Interviews *Update Post 25*

Some of the posts here are really pathetic...

It's funny, for he said but a couple of things about Michael and the headline is all about Michael and a very strange title:

'I knew how to handle Michael'

and then some others pick the info and go like this:

"Quincy Jones has denied reports he used to kick Michael Jackson to keep him in line, but says he “knew how to handle” the late star."

(http://www.musicrooms.net/rock-and-pop/15243-quincy-jones-i-never-kicked-michael-jackson.html)

And people go... O-M-G :bugeyed :swoon:

it's such a sensationalistic article. No real information, no important facts, but mostly general talking with one line good enough to make a crazy headline to link to Michael Jackson.

That's all, imo -_-

Re: Quincy Jones was just on the one show (bbc1)

WATW25 was a massive fiasco that made me feel sick. Quincey Jones and Lionel Richie lauding it up for the first ones success, taking all the credit for creating the song when Michael was the one that did 98% of that song. Its his song, Lionel changed two words, and here they were taking all the credit for it. It made me angry.

yeah. i think Richie betrayed MJ, because of that WATW 25 fiasco. no magic there cus MJ wasn't there live. i think Richie saw what he knew was true all along. and got jealous of MJ. Jones just showed his jealousy a little earlier, that's all.

It's funny, for he said but a couple of things about Michael and the headline is all about Michael and a very strange title:

'I knew how to handle Michael'

and then some others pick the info and go like this:

"Quincy Jones has denied reports he used to kick Michael Jackson to keep him in line, but says he “knew how to handle” the late star."

(http://www.musicrooms.net/rock-and-pop/15243-quincy-jones-i-never-kicked-michael-jackson.html)

And people go... O-M-G :bugeyed :swoon:

it's such a sensationalistic article. No real information, no important facts, but mostly general talking with one line good enough to make a crazy headline to link to Michael Jackson.

That's all, imo -_-

well..the media always couldn't get enough of MJ. they just had a hateful way of showing it.

You see the thing with Quincy is that he acts like a bunch of other people who seem to think that they MADE Michael and I would just like to say to him andthem.....

HELL NO YOU DID'NT!!!!!!!

It was Michael's decision to work with anybody he chose, so I don't see how that could be seen as MJ firing him. It just seems to me that Quincy has been harbouring quite a lot of ill will toward Michael, hence the comments he makes about him.

You see the thing with Quincy is that he acts like a bunch of other people who seem to think that they MADE Michael and I would just like to say to him andthem.....

It was Michael's decision to work with anybody he chose, so I don't see how that could be seen as MJ firing him. It just seems to me that Quincy has been harbouring quite a lot of ill will toward Michael, hence the comments he makes about him.

thank you. and when MJ fans call that out, it seems like they have to walk in a mine field.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thank you!! great post!

I respect Quincy as a producer and for all his accomplishments as well, but I have little to no interest in what he has to say about Michael. He is a huge hypocrite and has said awful things about Michael, so I cannot respect that, sorry.

Thank u! Well Said.

I've heard and read several interviews where Quincy talks about the making of the "Thriller" album and he gave credit to every single person except Michael. Same thing with "Off The Wall" and "Bad". He made no mention of MJ's incredible vocal or songwriting talents. He acts as though MJ had nothing to do with his sucess. It's quite pathetic actually how Quincy goes out of his way to downplay MJ's talent and success.

and if Michael decided to change his direction producer, chef, house, country... what?
It was his right.
so.... I think it is true: Michael decided to fire him and last time I knew, all employers have the right to make that kind of choices, provided they respect all laws involved and pay any money needed.
And I am pretty sure Michael had no single monetary obligation with this QJ... otherwise, he would have been first in line to sue him :smilerolleyes:

and if Michael decided to change his direction producer, chef, house, country... what?
It was his right.
so.... I think it is true: Michael decided to fire him and last time I knew, all employers have the right to make that kind of choices, provided they respect all laws involved and pay any money needed.
And I am pretty sure Michael had no single monetary obligation with this QJ... otherwise, he would have been first in line to sue him :smilerolleyes:

well...i think we've learned that being first in line to sue MJ isn't necessarily a legitimate thing. i mean he's been literally sued for having too much talent, ever since he was fourteen years old. i mean, disgruntled jealousy is not an excuse for a lawsuit. but that's another subject for another thread.

Last edited:
I have no respect for Quincy anymore! Ever since he said he only knew MJ musically when ask about the allegations!:no: That was it for me...I mean really, all those yrs around MJ and you don't know him as a person....not even a little? :doh: Oh please! -_-

Old age ain't no excuse for what he has said about MJ! Q said he was old when he was doing thriller at 50! But, he was happy go lucky then wasn't he!? :smilerolleyes: He just really need to get over his bitterness towards MJ because that is what it really is all about!

He needs to be grateful that a 20 something yr old (MJ) would want a older jazz producer his record company (SONY) was not even supported of in the first place) wanting to even work for him because he believed in what they can accomplish together! Cause that's what MJ did for Q! So instead of sour grapes he should be grateful!:angry:

Last edited:
Why would Michael tell Quincy rap was dead when he actually used rap in so many Dangerous tracks for the first time AFTER he 'kicked' QJ out? Damn at least check the facts before u lie like that.

It seems to me that many people who worked with Michael in his early years are trying to make it look like it's all thanks to them and that without them Michael Jackson would have been nothing. For all people who think we should praise QJ for making Thriller possible or whatever - Just remember - When people hear Quincy's name they think about his work with Michael... and not the other way around.

I love Michael's projects with him but when i get to hear demos and stuff like that I can't give QJ too much credit cause the tracks were already good in the first place... the rest are improvments, which many producers could've done...Michael picked Quincy.

And I'm not even mentioning the fact he thought Bille Jean is'nt a strong track LMAO! GENIUS! :D

yeah. i think Richie betrayed MJ, because of that WATW 25 fiasco. no magic there cus MJ wasn't there live. i think Richie saw what he knew was true all along. and got jealous of MJ. Jones just showed his jealousy a little earlier, that's all.

I don't think he was jealous. Richie has stood by him since they became friends in '85. WATW25 was a mistake, and he maybe should have prevented it from being released after hearing what had happened to it. You can't recreate that magic. MJ might have stopped it had he been alive, or maybe he wouldn't. When hearing Fergie's version of Beat It I have my doubts. When he allowed that, MJ might also have allowed WATW25.

Why'd you guys have to remind me of WATW 25? .........

I know right?

I remember I tried really hard to like WATW 25 because it was all for a good cause and they include Michael in this version and the song is written by Michael etc etc.

But now just thinking of it makes me shudder. Because they took a perfect song and completely ruined it.

well...i think we've learned that being first in line to sue MJ isn't necessarily a legitimate thing. i mean he's been literally sued for having too much talent, ever since he was fourteen years old. i mean, disgruntled jealousy is not an excuse for a lawsuit. but that's another subject for another thread.

yes, so true.
but that's really not the focus. Michael could do what he wanted in regards to his music. And he did. Period. If that was good/bad/poor/great, we can all have our opinion, but the fact that this man has taken things to a personal level even making statatements saying Michael lied about his vitiligo and that he didn't care so much about his work with MJ for he had done it all and MJ was but just one more.... that's not the case. I haven't seen that from Jennifer Batten, for instance. Michael choose Orianthi instead of Jennifer and she has nothing but nice words to Michael and his decition to hire Orianthi and not her. Jennifer was in Chile last year and that was the first question from fans. She was simply grateful Michael gave her the chance to work together so many years.

And I agree: being old doesn't mean being bitter, the same way being young doesn't mean being nice. It's just a personal thing.

I know right?

I remember I tried really hard to like WATW 25 because it was all for a good cause and they include Michael in this version and the song is written by Michael etc etc.

But now just thinking of it makes me shudder. Because they took a perfect song and completely ruined it.

Absolutely.
As they sang in We are the World III:

We Are The World
Was good the first time
But this remake
It was a big mistake
But well intentioned

sing.gif

^ I still havent even listend to, or seen the video of WATW 25 lol!

Click To View the Fullsize Image/s
Legendary producer Quincy Jones
t_mini-a.png
has spoken about his history making partnership with Michael Jackson.
Quincy Jones is a living testament to the questing spirit in American music. The producer cut his teeth on jazz sessions, before writing material of his own. Already a hugely respected figure in the industry, the producer put his reputation on the line to work with a young Michael Jackson.
The partnership would result in three albums which would change the course of pop music. Amongst them lies 'Thriller' which is unlikely to be surpassed as the greatest selling album in chart history.
Speaking to The Guardian, Quincy Jones recalled his partnership with Michael Jackson. The pair split in the late 80s, with the producer eager for the singer to attempt to incorporate more hip hop elements.
"He said, 'Quincy doesn't understand the business any more. He doesn't know that rap is dead.' But it's OK. It wasn't so obvious then."
Continuing, the producer explained that they remained friends until the end. "I was in London when he sold out the 10 concerts, and then sold out 40 more. He called me. He wanted to bring the kids over. But I was with Mohamed Al Fayed at his place. I said, 'I'll see you in Los Angeles.' And that was the last time I talked to him" he said.
With Michael Jackson's doctor currently involved in a court case, many have accused Dr Conrad Murray of being involved in the singer's death. Quincy Jones, though, is unwilling to point the finger of blame.
"There was no way to know. There's no way anybody could be blamed for what happened. Artists of that stature – they can do whatever they want. You'd have to monitor him 24-7 to know what's going on."
"I don't know, man. It's personal. So, so personal. There's too many details. Unless you're totally cognisant of everything, it's hard to make a judgment."
Quincy Jones is currently working on an expanded version of 'Thriller'.

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/quincy-jones-on-michael-jackson

Michael fired Quincy...

MICHAEL JACKSON fired longtime friend and collaborator QUINCY JONES after the producer tried to turn him into a rapper.

The pair worked together on Jackson's albums, Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad, but their relationship soured when Jones tried to steer the King of Pop's musical style towards hip-hop.

Jones tells Britain's The Guardian, "Michael fired me... He said, 'Quincy doesn't understand the business any more. He doesn't know that rap is dead'. But it's OK. It (hip-hop) wasn't so obvious then."

The pair remained friends, however, and Jackson reached out to his pal shortly before his death last year (09), while he was preparing for his London concert series.

Jones regrets he wasn't able to make the time to meet his one-time protege.

He adds, "I was in London when he sold out the 10 concerts, and then sold out 40 more. He called me. He wanted to bring the kids over. But I was with (former Harrods owner) Mohamed Al Fayed at his place. I said, 'I'll see you in Los Angeles'. And that was the last time I talked to him".

http://www.contactmu...y-jones_1165080

Quincy Jones is currently working on an expanded version of 'Thriller'.

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/quincy-jones-on-michael-jackson

Michael fired Quincy...

MICHAEL JACKSON fired longtime friend and collaborator QUINCY JONES after the producer tried to turn him into a rapper.

The pair worked together on Jackson's albums, Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad, but their relationship soured when Jones tried to steer the King of Pop's musical style towards hip-hop.

Jones tells Britain's The Guardian, "Michael fired me... He said, 'Quincy doesn't understand the business any more. He doesn't know that rap is dead'. But it's OK. It (hip-hop) wasn't so obvious then."

The pair remained friends, however, and Jackson reached out to his pal shortly before his death last year (09), while he was preparing for his London concert series.

Jones regrets he wasn't able to make the time to meet his one-time protege.

He adds, "I was in London when he sold out the 10 concerts, and then sold out 40 more. He called me. He wanted to bring the kids over. But I was with (former Harrods owner) Mohamed Al Fayed at his place. I said, 'I'll see you in Los Angeles'. And that was the last time I talked to him".

http://www.contactmu...y-jones_1165080
:eek:

:fear:

I think Michael was right , and that he made the correct decision ! because Michael's message , dancing , character, and even look ,has nothing to do with hip-hop and rap...he would never be the king of pop , or the king of anything else !

God bless Michael , he gave us the best of the best :yes:

^ true. rap would not have done Michael any justice :no:

I don't think he was jealous. Richie has stood by him since they became friends in '85. WATW25 was a mistake, and he maybe should have prevented it from being released after hearing what had happened to it. You can't recreate that magic. MJ might have stopped it had he been alive, or maybe he wouldn't. When hearing Fergie's version of Beat It I have my doubts. When he allowed that, MJ might also have allowed WATW25.

FYI:

Richie and MJ was friends waaay before '85. Richie and The Commodores used to open for The Jackson 5 back in the day and have been friends ever since.

Actually Lionel Richie wrote the melody on We are the World and he came up with the title. MJ wrote all the other lyrics. I don't like the bashing of two people who were very close to Michael. Lionel Richie had dinner with him two weeks prior to Michael's passing, so it wasn't like he had abandoned him. At the same occation Paris met his daughter Sofia and they are now best friends.

Sofia and Paris met at MJ's memorial. On Access Hollywood, Lionel said He and Mj always talked about setting up a play date with their daughters but it never happened. He said they were to meet the same week that he died.

yes, so true.
but that's really not the focus. Michael could do what he wanted in regards to his music. And he did. Period. If that was good/bad/poor/great, we can all have our opinion, but the fact that this man has taken things to a personal level even making statatements saying Michael lied about his vitiligo and that he didn't care so much about his work with MJ for he had done it all and MJ was but just one more.... that's not the case. I haven't seen that from Jennifer Batten, for instance. Michael choose Orianthi instead of Jennifer and she has nothing but nice words to Michael and his decition to hire Orianthi and not her. Jennifer was in Chile last year and that was the first question from fans. She was simply grateful Michael gave her the chance to work together so many years.

And I agree: being old doesn't mean being bitter, the same way being young doesn't mean being nice. It's just a personal thing.

i agree.

Quincy is a fake and a fraud.. Does he believe MJ had vitiligo now that the autopsy proved it? Have you noticed how the media is no longer tallking about MJ's skin color since the vitiligo was confirmed?

Why would you say "update post 25"? wouldn't it be easier to say the page number where the update is? makes it easier to find. Just a thought:)

Back