Program for Michael's service

This is exactly how I feel..peaceful....don't know why, but I do.

Me too actually. Last time I cried was about 2 weeks ago (mind you, I am not someone who cries much anyway), but time really does heal all wounds and I feel like I may finally be at the acceptance stage.

Um that quote that is supposed to be from Dancing the Dream - isn't, it's from the Oxford speech. Is this for real?

You are absolutely right. This is a quote from the Oxford Speech he gave back in March 2001.
This is a very surprising mistake.

Confirmed what - that his wife is inside?

She's BFFs with Jermaine & was on Larry King talking about the Tribute with Jermaine as well, so I'm taking a very safe guess that both larry & wife will be inside.

PS: Larry's show ends right when the ceremony begins - so who knows if he'll go inside?

So I take it that LK confirmed this???

The one positive thing out of that article, it seemed to suggest that the fans would be able to visit the grave site at some point since it is open to tourists. I dont know how close they will let you get but atleast you might be able to go and see.

It's still hard to believe that MJ is really gone, but when I see the memorial service or read the program it's hits me all over again.

I must be the odd one out... since the days of the memorial I haven't cried anymore. And today I just feel extremely peaceful.

I just got back from a Pet Shop Boys concert and something strange happened today. I was reading PSB's Literally magazine while standing in line. Literally is a quarterly mag in which Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe usually talk about their recent music, the music scene, and life in general. well, in this recent one (it's the July issue -- I think the interviews were taken sometime in April/May, 2009)... I came across something that made me do a little double take. in the song notes for their new album, Neil and Chris talk about a beautiful new song called King of Rome (one of my all time PSB favorite tunes)... and they talk about Michael being connected in the writing of it. I am copying the excerpt below:

Neil: I was writing the words for "The King of Rome", having written pretty much the whole lyric, I suddenly thought it could be "The King of Pop" instead. Though I didn't like the phrase "King of Pop" -- "Rome" reads better. But I was thinking what a tragic figure Michael Jackson is, endlessly roaming the world. That's why there's the very puzzling second verse:

"Beneath the moon/a blue lagoon/we glide upon the surface".

It's like arriving in Dubai, and they've built a lake in the middle of the desert -- that's what I was thinking of. Maybe the lake's even in the middle of a shopping centre. Though actually I didn't write that at first about MJ -- it was the lagoon which suggested MJ to me."

anyway, as the concert ended (around 10pm), I found myself curiously at peace as well. it was a good concert with Neil singing some of his most heartfelt tunes as well as the typically PSB dance numbers. I found myself thinking of Michael, about his children, about all of us who seem to be in this together -- for life... about how surreal life really is... and I felt as if a part of me was finally free. even this morning and this afternoon, I didn't feel this way. all the tears had sort of congealed in my throat lately and the hard lump just wouldn't go away. but tonight -- as the night progressed, I felt as if I had found some sort of space within myself, some strange kind of solace.

I was born and brought up a Hindu, and we believe that the soul is at peace at death and roams free and clear of all our earthly worries. that's why we cremate because the body matters little afterward. but maybe -- for whatever or whomever was involved here -- the funeral was needed for us all to finally accept the one thing we haven't been able to accept -- that he is gone.

I am gonna go to bed now and do something I haven't done in a long, long time. I am gonna say a little prayer tonight. I'm gonna take all the hurt, the anger, and the frustration... put them in a little box for a while, and just wish his soul well.

so good night, sweet King, see you on the other side... take care, all of you. :love:

King of Rome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_12wyOI5Uc

it's this particular set of lyrics that reminds ME of Michael:

And if I were the king of Rome
I couldn't be more lonely
With so much scope to dream and hope
Someday you'll deign to call me

King Of Rome lyrics

Songwriters: Lowe, Christopher Sean; Tennant, Neil Francis

Small man, big world
Lost beyond the pale
I know you inside out