[press release + exclusive picture!] - kenny ortega announced as show director

he looks amazin love the hair on his face ... i cannot wait. this is going to be the greatest show ever. michael thank you we love you .

“This Is It” is a spectacular concert experience incorporating iconic Jackson songs and choreography mixed with original new works. Ortega says, “Our show goals are to create more than a concert but a complete theatrical musical experience with a dynamic balance that features Jackson in both spectacular production and intimate settings. The stage set, choreography, costumes, lighting, effects and overall production will be of the highest standard and pushing the state of the art.”

just for your notice:

with "new works" they mean and emphasize that the performances will feature new stage settings, band, backup dancers, special effects, some new choreographies and some intermediate pieces etc.

Maaaaan, I was ULTRA excited then with regards to the 'new' works :lol: But still wooohoooo!!! :punk: 'Intimate' settings too.. Ahhh wouldn't it be bliss if it were just him and a mic singing a couple of powerful songs :wub:

This actually seems very likely. This whole thing is being aggressively promoted as the biggest musical event ever. It would only make sense if there's going to be quite some time dedicated in documenting how it was all put together.

I hope a month is enough to rehearse everything. Seems like such a short amount of time.

That's what I was thinking, the the time for rehearsals seems quite short but then again its most likely that a lot of the planning could have already been done last year and earlier this year. It seems like MJ himself though had been rehearsing months before the announcement of the O2 concerts in March.

A friend of mine told me that one of the choreographers Todd Sams worked on a show called Le Reve I think in Las Vegas. But anyway there was a part in the show where the dancers jump into water. Maybe some of the American fans have seen it and can tell us more.
I am really excited about the concert, it looks like it is going to be spectacular.

A friend of mine told me that one of the choreographers Todd Sams worked on a show called Le Reve I think in Las Vegas. But anyway there was a part in the show where the dancers jump into water. Maybe some of the American fans have seen it and can tell us more.
I am really excited about the concert, it looks like it is going to be spectacular.

That makes sense because Michael and Kenny Ortega went to the La Reve show in Las Vegas a couple of months ago to get some ideas and inspiration. It seems like these concerts are going to be very grand and unlike anything we've ever seen before :).

Thanks for fixing the thread page size :) Such a contrast to yesterday. An article like this just makes you even more excited about the concerts. London is going to be a very interesting place to be this summer :D

I hope they use the red-ray cameras to film the show and to project up on to the big screens he normally has :) michael in HD!

good times.

hey all! OMG For not being able to go to london for the concerts i am so excited to see ANYTHING dealing with it.

The picture is fantastic. I love seeing Michael's reflection in the mirror its funny. He looks really good and i hope he remembers to hydrate and rest in between Rehearsals. Don't want another "One Night Only" drama.

I got goosebumps all over when reading that, I'm so happy to have the chance to witness all this.. I can't believe this is really happening!! I'M GOING TO SEE MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:mg: :wild:

omg is that the kinda camera i think it is? is that a red camera? omg thats a red camera! omg!!

Love this picture!!

When i look at it i get a little scene into my head lol....

Kenny: "ummm, michael? i don't really know how to use this thing."
Michael: "Just point it at me and follow"
Kenny: "Ok no problem mike"
(Noise of snapping & breaking)
Michael: "what was that?"
Kenny: "ummm.. nothing"
(Michael looks at camera)
Michael: "Do i have to do everything myself kenny?"
Kenny: "sorry mike"
Michael: "I forgive you, now go get me a snow cone"

omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg im so hype now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im finna go crazy!!!!!!!!!! whoa

not sure if its been mentioned but the picture has Michael with the Red Camera, its a fantastic camera you have to be on a waiting list for, basically it allows you to record as if you were recording to film but digitally, the definition and quality of the footage is awesome, I wonder if this technology will be utilised during the concerts?

It seems that I can now forgive Kenn Ortega for the awful travesty that was High School Musical :)

lol
someone made a good point earlier, how can michael see through the camera lens with his sunglasses on? LOL

lol...special MJ glasses.

We'll hopefully at some point see the concert in HD!!! :clapping::wild:

That's what I was thinking, the the time for rehearsals seems quite short but then again its most likely that a lot of the planning could have already been done last year and earlier this year. It seems like MJ himself though had been rehearsing months before the announcement of the O2 concerts in March.

I hope they use the red-ray cameras to film the show and to project up on to the big screens he normally has :) michael in HD!

good times.

omg is that the kinda camera i think it is? is that a red camera? omg thats a red camera! omg!!

does the red camera shoot bullets?

not sure if its been mentioned but the picture has Michael with the Red Camera, its a fantastic camera you have to be on a waiting list for, basically it allows you to record as if you were recording to film but digitally, the definition and quality of the footage is awesome, I wonder if this technology will be utilised during the concerts?

Now..yall see? this is MJ's habit. paying top dollar for top entertainment and top equipment. this is the very thing that critics hated on him for. they always said that he overspends and gets in debt. yet i don't see one peep here who isn't overjoyed that MJ goes for the best. that's why we get the best. that's why he can never go under, as critics would like to believe. people will be buyin this ish for ages.

but anyway...lol...i just get heady readin that press release. i really missed that exciting feeling.:clapping::punk:

i really look forward to all of this!

and by the way, i love that cloak MJ is wearing in that pic. i like calling it the genius cloak, cus it looks like a one piece seemless outfit that geniuses wear when they are at work. lol..the hair, sunglasses and cloak..all musical genius attire.

Last edited:
If I didn't have to get off here and get some work done tonight I'd camp out in this thread. :cloud9: I read most of it in the news thread but reading it all again was just as exciting reading it the first time. This thing is seriously coming together in a big way but it's still kinda surreal for some reason. Guess it won't really sink in until I'm actually there and actually SEE him on the stage. This is it, this is really it. eeeeee!

Oh dear, I actually squealed "eeeeeeee" like a little girl as I typed that. For shame!! :lol: Definitely time to get off here.

Thanks to all for the articles. Sooooo excitingggggg!!!

Edit: Forgot to say the pic is SWEEEET! :happy:

I can not get the picture to show up... could someone please reupload it for me please!? :)

if Michael is using the latest and best in recording technology for the screens, projection (which will no doubt be HD), what can we expect in terms of lights, cheorgraphy, staging? MAN! Michael will be bringing shit no other artist has even thought about, once again he has to come up and shake everyone up, the music industry and the tours will be better as a result ;)

Back