Oscars pay tribute to the ones we lost...MJ is one of them MERGED (Video, photo)

mkgenie

Proud Member
just saw it on TV...

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZAsOItnDY

young MJ perform Ben
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1dAQN5QcZU

thank you guys...

10-1.jpg

Singer James Taylor performs as a picture of Michael Jackson is displayed during a segment to remember members of the film industry that have passed away in the last year during the 82nd Academy Awards in Hollywood March 7, 2010.

REUTERS/Gary Hershorn (UNITED STATES) (OSCARS-SHOW - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT)

Last edited:
Michael Remembered at the Oscars

During the Memoriam clip, they showed Michael...='( Anyone notice how under all the others they included the occupation, like "actor" or "director", but under Michael's name there wasn't anything...meaning he did it all!
I'll be watching to see if he's mentioned again.
Bittersweet...

Re: Oscars pay tribute to the ones we lost...MJ is one of them

what clip of him did they show?

I did not watch, as was the tribute?
Only lasted a couple seconds.. Flashed a clip from the "Black & White" video and said Michael Jackson

Interestly his was the only name who didn't include what he did others said actor, writer, etc..

Only lasted a couple seconds.. Flashed a clip from the "Black & White" video and said Michael Jackson

Interestly his was the only name who didn't include what he did others said actor, writer, etc..

yep..i'm glad they see that MJ is big enough not to need description. i think this tribute probably was similar to golden globes tribute...

idk..i missed it..

Thanks! It is a very important award and only the fact that Michael got a little honor is something great. :wild:

IMO they should have given him a special Award since His made short films and they were hugely influential beyond Music.

Re: Oscars pay tribute to the ones we lost...MJ is one of them MERGED

That was probably the last "In Memoriam" includng Micheal. :(

Glad they included Michael but what about Farrah?

Good thing I didn't watch or I'll probably start bawling again.... :cry:

I got a little emotional when they flashed him up. I kept waiting and waiting thinking he'd show up and he ended up being a few from the last. I didn't think they were going to, so it kind of caught me off guard. I wonder what it's like for his kids to watch award shows like these, seeing their father being remembered.
There are so many great pics of MJ out there, yet they continue to show the same ones over and over again, kinda pisses me off =/.

Re: Oscars pay tribute to the ones we lost...MJ is one of them MERGED (photo added)

It was nice to see the montage sung to my favorite Beatles' song "In My Life."
We all miss all who have left a mark on us fans who loved the Movies and who left a soundtrack that made beautiful music to our ears.I thank the Oscars for including Michael in their montage.He was a part of that soundtrack of the movies and even though he was only nominated for 1 Oscar as a child,He still left a legacy that will always be remembered on film,It doesn't matter if they where shortfilms,Videos,Guest appearances,or soundtracks,Michael still be remembered as an visionary and trailblazer for what he has left on the world.He will be truly missed. Oh Yeah They should have shown Farah, She was in Movies as well. BAD OSCARS... And I have Cablevision and they are not showing Channel 7 WABC and The Oscars,They are having a dispute over money,Both Blame eachother in this Dispute or as I write this ,it should be on as soon as I get off here and The Oscars are over.They claim the both companies came to an agreement. Go figure....Before this Cablevision had a dispute with The Food Network and HGTV. All In All.Cablevision is thinking about raising rates anyway.I feel like Switching to someone else if this keeps up.

Re: Oscars pay tribute to the ones we lost...MJ is one of them MERGED (photo added)

I watched The Academy Awards 2010 as well,and saw Michael's photos cover the screen in memory. :heart:

You know it really does emphasize to me that he is gone when i see these in memoriams, I guess i am just numb and I do feel that he lives on through his music and legacy

yay...showed Michael too. i think was it the Golden Globes(?) who had a more touching memoriam than the Oscars though in comparison to me...plus the Globes had shown The Wiz clip. i found it odd the Oscars did not show that, but only random music ones for him. he was a music star, granted, but still let people know he was in a movie. also it was a joke the academy forgot Farrah Fawcett who died the same day as Michael. she was also in hollywood movies and was simply an actress. Bea Authur another great wasn't included either. hmm, i guess i expected more watching it. but at least he wasn't left out.

I rarely watch the Academy Awards and when I do, I usually end up changing the channel but I really liked it this year and the montage with Michael in it, I thought was very nice. When I saw that the show didn't put a description under his name, I said "it's cuz he did everything and he was everything!" Wonder why they didn't include Farrah or Heath?

Glad they included Michael but what about Farrah?
They probably didn't include her because she is considered a television actress. The Oscars are snobbish and has never really taken television seriously. Some actors/actresses who 'escaped' from television and made it in the cinema usually never mention it or look down on what they were doing, saying it was a "paycheck".

Glad that MJ was included, but I agree with others who say Farrah should have been included too.

I've been to 5 movie sites and most are saying WTF to her exclusion.

They probably didn't include her because she is considered a television actress. The Oscars are snobbish and has never really taken television seriously. Some actors/actresses who 'escaped' from television and made it in the cinema usually never mention it or look down on what they were doing, saying it was a "paycheck".

so they only showed screen actors, and Michael, but no Wiz clips? ..ironic..

but he's a big pop culture icon, and it makes you feel they did this for that reason.

but missing out on Farrah is quite odd, since the golden globes and SAG's didn't miss her, and the globes are the prelude to the Oscars.

Last edited:

They showed bllack or white, thriller and the wiz in one shot. It's like 3 in one. It made me cry and remind of how much I do miss him.

Aww! I didn't get the chance to watch the Oscars but that is amazing that they included him. How lovely.

I just read that both Roger Ebert and Jane Fonda have tweeted about Farrah not being included and stated that it was a huge mistake. Farrah made 12 movies and was Golden Globe nominated for Extremities in 1986.

:cry: still breaks my heart ... i miss him

I was wondering if the Oscars were going to include Michael in their Memoriam. I though they would have to because 'Ben' was an Oscar nominated song and Michael performed at the Academy Awards in 1973.

Here is that performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1dAQN5QcZU

They also had a bit of MJ in 'The Wiz' on a screen on the left and I think 'Beat It' on the right.

Back