October 14 News and Mentionings

mariemarie

Guests
Mentionings

From bohemian to debonair singer

After an inexplicable seven-year sabbatical from the music scene, the premium-priced tickets for Maxwell's comeback gigs may have seemed a tad audacious, but the near capacity crowd he drew to Massey Hall Sunday night (top tier: $150) got their money's worth from the neo soul flag bearer's smooth 90-minute set.
Four dates into the two-month North American tour, he was a lean, playful machine with a voice like butter. And he was quick to acknowledge his absence: "I know I took too much time. I know I took too long. Thank you for being patient with me."

In recent interviews, the 35-year-old Brooklyn native has said he took a voluntary break after his third disc, 2001's 1.7 million-selling Now, to spend time being "a regular person."
Sporting a ring on his wedding finger, Maxwell looks like he spent his downtime doing Pilates, rehearsing with his band and studying Michael Jackson's choreography.
Gone is the billowing Afro and knit caps that led some to dismiss him as a contrived bohemian. Maxwell is now Rat Pack debonair; he was clad in a dark grey suit, bowtie undone, fronting a funky 10-piece ensemble with gents in tuxes, and female backup vocalists in gowns and elbow-length black gloves.

More http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/516734

'Doffing the everyday you'

Patrick Langston discovers his inner nobleman while dressing up for the History Costume Ball.
Born too late. That's what I realized when I heard the ladies' admiring responses as I sauntered into their midst, a nobleman of Nouvelle-France and a dashing figure from the tips of my thigh-high boots to the top of my tri-cornered hat with its jaunty feather. "Perfect!" gasped one. "Oh, mon Dieu," murmured another, blushing.

When I asked why she was making me resemble an 18th-century Michael Jackson by insisting I wear only one glove, she demonstrated how the other was to slap the chops of anyone who insulted me or mine. I took that under advisement.

Full story http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/story.html?id=e4c830c3-5754-46aa-aa6f-2098bc64ea0e

Maureen McCormick admits to swapping sex for drugs

Maureen McCormick, better known for her portrayal of the wholesome older sister ‘Marcia Brady’ on "The Brady Bunch,” has spilled the beans on her life, both on and off TV, in her new memoir: Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice.

The 52-year-old actress has opened up about her depression, drug addiction and unwanted pregnancy in her very own memoir, hitting stores Tuesday.
In her tell-all book, the TV sweetheart has admitted she once traded sex for grugs and wasted her young adulthood hooked on narcotics. McCormick discusses her romance with TV brother Barry "Greg Brady" Williams, her dates with “King of Pop” Michael Jackson and Steve Martin and an unwanted pregnancy.

Full story http://www.themoneytimes.com/articl...its_to_swapping_sex_for_drugs-id-1038371.html

Teatro Luna playwright Tanya Saracho is drawn to 'people's darkness'

"Sex and the City" legitimized the art of girl talk, proving it could be a highly entertaining and addictive genre. In Chicago, only one theater company has been smart enough to generate an equally consistent chummy vibe.

Her plays reference Johnny Depp, Michael Jackson and My Little Pony alongside the '80s Mexican teen pop group Timbiriche. She spoke of " The Hills" and Kanye West. She has a life-of-the-party personality. Consumerism is interwoven into the lives of her characters because these are the very things that define our lives as Americans.

Full story http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/stage/chi-teatro-luna-10122008,0,7745977.story

Villains come to campus

DJ duo Villains will headline an AB-sponsored dance party in Rangos Ballroom tomorrow at 9 p.m. that will also feature local mix artists Cutups and Keebs.

Villains, composed of artists Mad V and Koncept, hails from Los Angeles and specializes in ultra-dancey electronic club mixes. Gaining popularity in early 2007, they have quickly become hipster royalty in L.A.’s club scene, dubbed an “L.A. party machine” by Vice Records late last year.
Often compared with electro/club duo L.A. Riots, Villains caters to a similar crowd and collaborated with the Riots on a remix of Hot Chips’ “Ready for the Floor.” Their mix tapes, Vol.1 and Vol. 2: Second Offense, include remixes from artists like MSTRKRFT, SebastiAn, and Justice on tracks by Simian Mobile Disco, Buddy Akai, Bloc Party, Boys Noize, and Chromeo, among others.
Villains excels at taking high-energy, raw material to the next level. In addition to retooling epics like Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and Daft Punk’s “Around the World,” Villains also plays with newer fabrics, rolling out an explosive and critically well-received mix of New Young Pony Club’s already energetic 2007 hit “The Bomb.” In September, Villains’ official remix of Felli Fel’s “Get Buck In Here” featuring P. Diddy, Akon, Ludacris, and Lil Jon premiered on southern California’s biggest hip-hop station, and is now in regular rotation.

More http://thetartan.org/2008/10/13/pillbox/villains

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1972 - Michael Jackson's single "Ben" became his first #1 single. He was 14 years old at the time.

482994799_bb54beef0b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the NEWS :)

Marsha Brady dated the King of pop :wub: :LOL: COOL
I find that very refreshing for some reason

Im glad Maureen has overcome her addictions
and is doing well :)

thank you!
I also find this :""Mr cormick's time with jackson was innocent.they met while she was starring on "Brady" and he was part of the jackson 5. """(the brandy bunch from 1969 to 1974)

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?ArticleId=407198

""""McCormick’s time with Jackson was innocent. They met while she was starring on “Brady” and he was part of the Jackson 5.

“Once we went ice-skating and he held my hand as we glided around the rink,” the book recalls. “I wondered if he might try to kiss me, but he didn’t. After another outing, he did give me a kiss goodbye. But it was only a gentle peck on the cheek.”""""""

http://www.theinsider.com/news/1258828_Maureen_McCormick_tells_all_about_Brady_drug_addiction

Last edited:
mariemarie I forgot to tell you that I already made a thread last night and I was going to combine the threads together, but that is fine that you already made one.

mariemarie I forgot to tell you that I already made a thread last night and I was going to combine the threads together, but that is fine that you already made one.

Oh, ok. I was in a little rush while making it today, so I forgot to check yesterdays thread =)

A somewhat funny read:

Dressed up cosily in the Las Vegas sunshine - why, even his face was cosy, in that beard - Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel put in a surprise appearance at a Barack Obama rally at the weekend.
"We've never been so inspired by one person," Justin told the crowds. What, not even Michael Jackson, Justin? I'm sure you owe a lot of your dance moves to him. :innocent:

"I'm not here as some dude who writes goofy songs," Justin continued. "Me and Jess, we're here as Americans. We're here as humans, because this is something we had to do."
The couple apparently spoke for about half an hour, urging fans to vote for Obama using a printed-out list of talking points - which included the issue of women's rights. "Nobody should be able to say what you can do with your body," Jessica told the crowd. Well, of course. Except for Justin. Because he's allowed to tell us to "rock" it.

http://www.osoblog.tv/2008/10/justin_timberlake_and_jessica_2.html

McCormick’s time with Jackson was innocent. They met while she was starring on “Brady” and he was part of the Jackson 5.------- See, this is a gentlemen. Michael seem to be shy, nice, and a gentlemen.

In her tell-all book, the TV sweetheart has admitted she once traded sex for grugs and wasted her young adulthood hooked on narcotics. McCormick discusses her romance with TV brother Barry "Greg Brady" Williams, her dates with “King of Pop” Michael Jackson and Steve Martin and an unwanted pregnancy.

Actually, her and Michael would've made a cute couple back in the day.

Thanks Marie. :)

Maxwell is back!!! Yay!!!! LOL. Finally. :)

Maureen's date with Mickey was so sweet and innocent. Aww-ness. Why can young men be like that today? It is a shame. She expected him to give her a kiss on the lips, but instead she got a kiss on the cheek. Well, good. At least she didn't try to seduce him like a certain child star who shall remain nameless. I am glad that she is able to tell her story. It reminds you once again how famous people have issues like regular people.

Now, Justin's comment was laughable. He has become a complete ass. So, he now he says that he was never really inspired by any one person. Does Michael Jackson, the man that Justin loves to take his dance moves, his songs and his title from him, rings a bell? Fool. Yes, this is coming from a JT or soon to be a former JT fan. He is a true ass. Not only disrespecting his fans, but being an ungrateful bastard. Looks like MJ not accepting his offers (just saying) to produced or write for him.

And let me just state that I mentioned about JT famously not being kind to his fans - Ringo Starr made a video blog stating that he wants his fans to stop sending him mail. Isn't that something? A former Beatle saying that to his fans. He must have forgetten that the fans are the reason why he has a career. You never see MJ telling his fans to stop sending him mail. It reminds you all how good we MJ fans have it. We love a man that loves us and accepts us. :)

Ringo Starr made a video blog stating that he wants his fans to stop sending him mail. Isn't that something? A former Beatle saying that to his fans. He must have forgetten that the fans are the reason why he has a career. You never see MJ telling his fans to stop sending him mail. It reminds you all how good we MJ fans have it. We love a man that loves us and accepts us. :)

like hes got any fans anyway. prob just a publicity stunt seeing as its all over the news.

^ Probably. LOL. What an old fart.

Maureen McCormick Kisses & Tells about Michael Jackson and 'Greg Brady'

In the memoir, out Tuesday, the former Celebrity Fit Club champ also comes clean about her romance with her TV sibling Barry Williams, who played Greg Brady. They shared a kiss, but McCormick says, the "timing was never right for us."

She also chronicles her dates with Michael Jackson and Steve Martin – not to mention wild parties at the Playboy Mansion.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20232873,00.html

I swear that I must read something different than others do. Just what did Justin say that has folks getting all worked up again about him (this time)?

He said "we've never been so inspired by one person", referring to Obama. Why is there something wrong with that statement, Obama may be our next president and bring with him ideas/plans that could change our nation down the road.

"I'm not here as some dude that writes goofy songs" to me it meant he was there not as a performer/songwriter, but as an American that is interested in Obama/the presidential race.

Where did this come from? "What, not even Michael Jackson, Justin? I'm sure you owe a lot of your dance moves to him. "

What in the world and why would anyone even bring Michael into this equation/scenario? Dang, anyway

I know right. Thats a very cute story about Maureen going on a date with MJ back in the day. :)awwww

^^^nice signature. I love it esp the image on the right. (=

Billboard.biz is reporting that:

"Sony/ATV Signs Wayne Wilkins To Worldwide Deal"

Wilkins recent songwriting forays include work on Michelle Williams' just-released "Unexpected" album and Beyonce's upcoming third solo album.

Wilkins is also working with the Black Eyed Peas, David Archuleta, Girlicious and Universal Motown's new girl group Jada. He is also starting to write for Natasha Bedingfield's third album.

"Sony/ATV is at the stage where it's being built into a much bigger entity," says Wilkins, "and I want to be a part of that."

(Sony/ATV has been making moves left and right. So much interesting and "rewarding" news, since Martin Bandier came on board. Go Mike!)

To Bgz: That is known. However, the writer of that blog mentioned or reminded people that Justin was inspired by one person who is Michael Jackson. Then the writer goes on to state that he owes a lot of his dances moves to MJ. That was why MJ's name was bought up. JT was talking about Obama saying that comment. I see nothing wrong with that statement but it does shows that JT has forgotten who is supposedly his true inspiration. I mean, I am fine with JT liking Obama. I do as well, but the writer was trying to point out something regarding his comment.

This little story is very cute, and look at PEOPLE.COM giving MJ top billing over "Greg Brady." That's cute too!

I noticed that about people.com. I actually was shocked when I read it. Wow, what a way to get hits on a website. But man, for Maureen to have sex to get crack - wow. It was bad for her at that time. SMH.

"Sony/ATV is at the stage where it's being built into a much bigger entity," says Wilkins, "and I want to be a part of that."

I like what is going on here. Thank you for posting that, Big Apple.

I swear that I must read something different than others do. Just what did Justin say that has folks getting all worked up again about him (this time)?

He said "we've never been so inspired by one person", referring to Obama. Why is there something wrong with that statement, Obama may be our next president and bring with him ideas/plans that could change our nation down the road.

"I'm not here as some dude that writes goofy songs" to me it meant he was there not as a performer/songwriter, but as an American that is interested in Obama/the presidential race.

Where did this come from? "What, not even Michael Jackson, Justin? I'm sure you owe a lot of your dance moves to him. "

What in the world and why would anyone even bring Michael into this equation/scenario? Dang, anyway

Justin didn't say it. It's the journalist/writer's somewhat funny remark about that Obama is the only person he have been inspired by. That's all.

What, not even Michael Jackson, Justin? I'm sure you owe a lot of your dance moves to him. "

Justin didn't say it. It's the journalist/writer's somewhat funny remark about that Obama is the only person he have been inspired by. That's all.

As much as Justin annoys me in general, his comment had nothing to do with MJ, what so ever. And he didn't say he'd never been inspired by anybody except Obama. He said he hadn't been as inspired and he wasn't even talking about artistic influence.

Frankly, I think it's rather uplifting to hear him talk about being inspired by a politian. At least that means he's interested in things outside of entertainment. At this point in time, Barack Obama is a heck of a lot more important to our future than Michael Jackson.

On a lighter note, yes, P (aka Pharrell Williams of The Neptunes/N*E*R*D) went there! (I would've too, if I had the funds) lol I prefer the letterman's jacket from the video or the black/white one from the rehearsals myself, but this one ain't too shabby. Taken from a show in Brooklyn, NY recently.
dsc06307.JPG

dsc06420.JPG

dsc06431.JPG

dsc06413.JPG

This OFF TOPIC... BUT is that a RAT on the BEN single album???? or an ARMY of rats?? wow that's so random ...LOL.:hysterical:

On a lighter note, yes, P (aka Pharrell Williams of The Neptunes/N*E*R*D) went there! (I would've too, if I had the funds) lol I prefer the letterman's jacket from the video or the black/white one from the rehearsals myself, but this one ain't too shabby. Taken from a show in Brooklyn, NY recently.
dsc06307.JPG

dsc06420.JPG

dsc06431.JPG

dsc06413.JPG

LOvin the jacket Pharell has on!!Thriller hehehehe :D

As much as Justin annoys me in general, his comment had nothing to do with MJ, what so ever. And he didn't say he'd never been inspired by anybody except Obama. He said he hadn't been as inspired and he wasn't even talking about artistic influence.

Frankly, I think it's rather uplifting to hear him talk about being inspired by a politian. At least that means he's interested in things outside of entertainment. At this point in time, Barack Obama is a heck of a lot more important to our future than Michael Jackson.

It was just a funny comment from a blogger/writer. It ain't nothing wrong with beeing inspired by a politician, Obama 2008, he gotta win, but it was just a remark towards Jusin's comment, and I found it funny lol

I agree. I don't think what Timberlake has said had anything to do with Michael Jackson. I think that he correctly distinguished political fare from pop music.

I can't believe I'm defending Justin Timberlake. Blah! :doh::doh::doh:

This OFF TOPIC... BUT is that a RAT on the BEN single album???? or an ARMY of rats?? wow that's so random ...LOL.:hysterical:

Hmmm, you do know that the song Ben is from the motion picture 'Ben' that was about a rat, yes?

I pity anybody who put their faith in politicians to make anything better.it is not going to happen We have been there all before. all obama will have if he wins is the task to clean up the mess that was created. Every politician leaves a mess behind and obama will make his own mess. he will be hated by both blacks and whites cause he will not fulfill their demands. And yes, michael jackson will be healing souls with his music while politicians cause more heart aches.

Back