November 11 News and Mentionings

^^ No. Rock 'n' roll is hard to categorize to one sound. Soul music is a rock 'n' roll/rhythm & blues subgenre as is rockabilly, dance music, etc. In a sense MJ has much to do with "rock music" as Elvis does, so it kinda makes sense, to me it does, but anyway...

Well Mike has not been ranked number one on any recent poll that I have seen lately, but you must admit that there are more artists out their and they have left their footprints as well

Well yeah, but 25? Come ON. Aretha is great but it's a case of the emperors new cloths with that one, I'll tell ya. Well it's just because people don't know anything about what makes a good singer.

Well Mike has not been ranked number one on any recent poll that I have seen lately, but you must admit that there are more artists out their and they have left their footprints as well

He's #25 out of 100. LOL

And he's the youngest on the list... that should tell you something.

And honestly it does make little sense since there were all these great stars that came before MJ. Hell I'd put Sam, Ray, Stevie and Marvin above MJ any day of the week.

Plus you gotta understand this is a magazine that don't usually cater to urban artists as much as we would've liked, lol.

So I don't get the anger. LOL

I rather him be mentioned than not mentioned at all.

Yes for sure Michael is an amazing talent, without a doubt a legend of our time but some people must recognize that there also many other people who we can call legends
For me yes Michael is my true favourite entertainer of all time without a doubt, but I also very much like stevie wonders music amongst other artists. So therefore Michael getting to number 25 is a great achievement especially when there are some many more great artists around!
In a short answer Michael is deserved winner of alot of awards and polls but I can totally see why he has been placed within number 25! This does not however change any factor of me personally being a fan
I'm very much the same fan I was 5 years ago, 10, years ago and so on

of course it makes no difference frankly im surprised mj even got on the poll seeing as what the question was. that in its self is something

Hell :no: ! :lol:

It ain't far from obvious. Aretha makes me cry tears of joy when I hear her sing. Michael makes me wanna dance. :D

Big difference. :lol:

"Tito give me some tissue! Jermaine, stop teasing!" :lol:

Yeah it's amazing actually. I'm actually quite surprised MJ does make these lists in the first place.

if someone asked me to name the greatest voice of the rock and roll era tbh mj would be the last name id think of. the question makes u think of little richard ray charles etc. just like if someone asked the greatest singer of the soul era then you would think of marvin etc.u cant box mj into a cat because he sings everything

if someone asked me to name the greatest voice of the rock and roll era tbh mj would be the last name id think of. the question makes u think of little richard ray charles etc. just like if someone asked the greatest singer of the soul era then you would think of marvin etc.u cant box mj into a cat because he sings everything

Exactly.

Ray Charles was the probably the greatest male singer to emerge from the early rock era (yes I consider most of his Atlantic recordings rock music), Marvin would be the greatest soul singer, Michael is one of the greatest singers, yes, you can't normally fit him in a box. :)

But Ray also sung everything so then again to me, Ray tops MJ in that category.

That's true. To me, Michael's just the best singer over all. He can do anything with his voice, and on the technical side, he's the best. He just never tops any list of best singers. He never gets the credit he deserves.

Last edited:
Thanks for the mentionings.

It would have been nice for MJ to be ranked a little higher than 25 on that RS list. But as was stated he is the youngest person on the list....soooo

on a side note, Elvis at #3?.......................................come on now, shamone -_-

thanks Timmy well it didn't say that MJ is the youngest, just that he is the youngest in the top 25 which i have no problem with. I am cool he even made the Rolling Stones list due to the last 15 years of hell for him. For once his peers like Prince and Madonna ain't being put ahead of him and that's how it SHOULD be they came AFTER him.

thanks Timmy well it didn't say that MJ is the youngest, just that he is the youngest in the top 25 which i have no problem with. I am cool he even made the Rolling Stones list due to the last 15 years of hell for him. For once his peers like Prince and Madonna ain't being put ahead of him and that's how it SHOULD be they came AFTER him.

I see, lol.

Back