Nov 17 News & Mentionings

I'm giving Michael the benefit of a doubt since years! But still... at this point I can't, really! Since it's all about whether it was a gift or wasn't and not whether he did or didn't get something!

Well, I know his condition and obviously he did sign something, regardless... and even almost one year later in '06 he still did that press conference with Guy Holmes regarding 2 Seas!

You'd think he had realized by then that he made a mistake! He could just give back the money and show good will and probably the isssue would be solved! But I see you don't want to understand that and see Michael again as the poor victim... which he probably is (signing things in the wrong state of mind, letting someone take advantage of him), but after the trial you'd think he'd be more carefull!

Great points. I don't know what Michael was thinking to be honest. The deal sounded good on paper but stupid in retrospect.

i'm sure this isn't the first time people took advantage of him in like manner, and other people had doubts, and he's still here. someone was watching over him then, and someone's watching over him now..so i'm not worried now.

Well, I know his condition and obviously he did sign something, regardless... and even almost one year later in '06 he still did that press conference with Guy Holmes regarding 2 Seas!

You'd think he had realized by then that he made a mistake! He could just give back the money and show good will and probably the isssue would be solved! But I see you don't want to understand that and see Michael again as the poor victim... which he probably is (signing things in the wrong state of mind, letting someone take advantage of him), but after the trial you'd think he'd be more carefull!

It doesn't seem like this case is about the record company/record label, per se. It just seems to me, that the Prince wants MJ to record HIS songs.

In all of the articles that have been posted today, there is no mention of Two Seas, but there is a lot of talk about the Prince being a songwriter and the fact that they will be playing one of his songs in court.

Which makes me think, what does playing one of the Prince's songs in court, have to do with this case? I mean, really!

PatrickS77 said:
You'd think he had realized by then that he made a mistake! He could just give back the money and show good will and probably the isssue would be solved!

If you never signed a paper where you accept the debt or the money as payment for something, then tell us how you are going to pay money to whoever claims you owe to him.

Do you seriously think people then will believe in that you (me, whoever else) would pay in this situation?

It doesn't seem like this case is about the record company/record label, per se. It just seems to me, that the Prince wants MJ to record HIS songs.

In all of the articles that have been posted today, there is no mention of Two Seas, but there is a lot of talk about the Prince being a songwriter and the fact that they will be playing one of his songs in court.

Which makes me think, what does playing one of the Prince's songs in court, have to do with this case? I mean, really!

It's a mess all the way around. A lot of bad judgment, no thought process, no nothing. Michael at least could've told the sheik "let me do my own songs". Obviously it seems he also agreed to record the dude's songs but then decided "to hell with it" and walked out because he didn't like the deal. And that's why we now hear him saying the seven million check or whatever it was, was a "gift". I mean, for real? THAT'S AN EXPENSIVE GIFT! :lol:

I wished someone would do that for MY broke ass. :lol:

And the ironic twist of him getting $7 million from them, the "Scream" video cost $7 million. Not trying to connect but I just thought I bring that up. :lol:

You don't sign a deal with a label and then tell them "no". I honestly don't understand Michael's defense even though the sheik does seem wanting to get coverage. It was a deal that shouldn't have happened.
no i meant he couldn't say "NO" before it not after.

maybe when he signed it, to him it wasn't serious and that he wasn't obliged to sing those songs but in fact it was so serious. got it?

gee, i wonder how Bahrainian fans feels about this? :(

I wish I could understand what both sides of this were thinking when the supposed deal was reached. As much as I like Michael, I wish he had just told the prince to give him time to think it over beforehand. And I also wish the prince wasn't so much in a hurry to get Michael involved in a business thing so soon after the trial in the first place. It could have prevented alot of hard feelings between the two of them. And this lawsuit would have not even existed.

Last edited:
"I'll never betray or deceive you my friend but...
If you show me the cash
Then I will take it"

Both Michael and the Prince probably needed put HIStory on before they got the paperwork out..

RIGHT! Like Candi Staton ('70s soul singer) said in her song, "Victim", Michael has become the very song he sings. :lol:

It's a mess all the way around. A lot of bad judgment, no thought process, no nothing. Michael at least could've told the sheik "let me do my own songs". Obviously it seems he also agreed to record the dude's songs but then decided "to hell with it" and walked out because he didn't like the deal. And that's why we now hear him saying the seven million check or whatever it was, was a "gift". I mean, for real? THAT'S AN EXPENSIVE GIFT! :lol:

I wished someone would do that for MY broke ass. :lol:

And the ironic twist of him getting $7 million from them, the "Scream" video cost $7 million. Not trying to connect but I just thought I bring that up. :lol:

Me and you both. LOL! Shoot, I'll take a 10th of that and be more than happy.

I was also thinking that the Prince better be one hell of a songwriter, otherwise it will explain why MJ didn't want to record his songs.

So now I'm looking forward to the MJ fans hearing this song, once it's played in court. LOL! You know how we like to dissect things.

no i meant he couldn't say "NO" before it not after.

maybe when he signed it, to him it wasn't serious and that he wasn't obliged to sing those songs but in fact it was so serious. got it?

gee, i wonder how Bahrainian fans feels about this? :(

If Michael treated it like nothing, then that tells you what he wanted out of it. He'll take the money and then not do nothing with the deal and just walk out of it? You don't get $7 million from a deal and treat it like sh*t which is obviously how Michael treated it.

Michael probably thought it was not serious but when someone wanna work with you, you either agree to it or don't. Mike is a grown-ass man too so he made the decision to do business with the dude. I'm not shocked that dude sued Michael to be frank about it.

Neither side's the victim but clearly Michael agreed to the deal so he's not one to think that he was "wronged" in the deal. He's gotten a lot of "gifts" over the years that led to lawsuits and out-of-court settlements.

If you never signed a paper where you accept the debt or the money as payment for something, then tell us how you are going to pay money to whoever claims you owe to him.
Well, apparantly did Michael sign a paper!

Do you seriously think people then will believe in that you (me, whoever else) would pay in this situation?
Listen, Michael lived in the prince's palace on his dime for over a year! Obviously the prince was paying for everything, thinking that he would release Michael's new album on his own label, which Michael supposedly signed a paper for, then Michael left!

Then the prince sued him for taking 7 mio dollars which supposedly were a advance for the album! At the latest by the time Michael received those court papers he should have realized, that the prince wanted something from him... that was about a year ago!

Michael could have paid back that money... the money which was spent on him while he was staying at the prince's palace and the prince probably would have much less of a case!

Me and you both. LOL! Shoot, I'll take a 10th of that and be more than happy.

I was also thinking that the Prince better be one hell of a songwriter, otherwise it will explain why MJ didn't want to record his songs.

So now I'm looking forward to the MJ fans hearing this song, once it's played in court. LOL! You know how we like to dissect things.

Shoot. Give me a 5th of that! :lol:

But yeah, we're notorious for "dissecting things". If we think the song's bad, we go "yeah Michael was right for leaving", if the song's good, "the hell was Michael thinking".

:rollin:

If he was tricked, he should've SUED the Prince himself instead of Prince SUING him or when the Prince did sue him COUNTERSUE him. Obviously he didn't. :doh:

But yeah, we're notorious for "dissecting things". If we think the song's bad, we go "yeah Michael was right for leaving", if the song's good, "the hell was Michael thinking".

Well I hope it's a good song, but I have to wonder. If the Prince is such a good songwriter, how come we have never heard any of his songs before. LOL!

I mean, does the Prince get down like Ne-Yo, or what? LOL!

If he was tricked, he should've SUED the Prince himself instead of Prince SUING him or when the Prince did sue him COUNTERSUE him. Obviously he didn't. :doh:

COME ON!!!!!!!!!
sue the prince for he has given him 7 million $ for free?

tell me one thing?
do u think alll these years :heart:Michael that he had the money, he knew he had to pay something back to the arab man and didn't? and that je knew the money wasn't a gift?

he didn't know, so why he had to sue him? now that he is sued, he has stated that he though it was a gift and that he's not read the terms? and he ain't lying

got my point?

Obviously if you felt like someone did a dirty deed on you, WOULDN'T YOU SUE?

I just don't buy his excuse (MJ's). The defense is it was a gift but we were all singing a different tune in 2005 weren't we?

Well I hope it's a good song, but I have to wonder. If the Prince is such a good songwriter, how come we have never heard any of his songs before. LOL!

I mean, does the Prince get down like Ne-Yo, or what? LOL!

I don't think he even gets down like Quincy Jones but we shall see. :lol:

But just to reflect, what was the title of that song that Michael said he was dedicating to the fans? :lol:

This was gonna be on the 2Seas album. :lol:

Well gee wilikers, it sure is on Yahoo. Makes me glad i forgot my password to that site :ermm: lol...

EDIT: Heh... at least if u click on the article, they use a sexy ass pic of Michael :D So... yay???

PatrickS77 and Timmy84:

Where did you ever read that Michael signed anything beyond "2Seas Records" contract, which in itself has nothing to do specifically creating albums, musicals, books?

There was never such information, even Prince's lawyers never once mentioned contract .

Yet somehow you continue to claim that Michael is responsible and he had to pay back.

The more so it is strange for Jackson to hear that hospitality, even generous, had to be paid back with something as obligation (which he did not sign the more so).

Again: countless people (from Gregory Peck and Marlon Brando to Arvizos) lived from weeks to months at Michael's hospitality and received "gifts" and pay checks just of generosity with really big money. Jackson gave away like everything he had to his guests.

So then why would Michael necessary expect that some friend of him, who is tens times more reach than himself, will require a payback for his friendly help?

The fact that the prince was pushing his musical works and dreams onto Michael DURING the trial, and had Michael record a new song for him ONE DAY after the trial ended, is both disgraceful and insensitive. Michael barely made it out of the court that last day and had to go to the hospital afterwards, yet he was still asked to record a song for the prince the following day? The prince has been pushing his musical agenda for years, before Michael there was something in the works involving Jermaine that never developed. The way his lawyer is talking (about how the court will see what a great song writer he is), it appears his main agenda is still to get his name and image out there as a musical talent.

The main weakness I see in Michael is that he has a very difficult time saying no to anyone, for any reason. He's too generous, and this gets him into waves problems as history has shown.

Obviously if you felt like someone did a dirty deed on you, WOULDN'T YOU SUE?

I just don't buy his excuse (MJ's). The defense is it was a gift but we were all singing a different tune in 2005 weren't we?

See here's where I see a problem with the Prince's case. I don't know who's right or wrong, I'm just saying. LOL!

The YAHOO articles says that a statement by the sheikh was read in court today and one of the things he said was:

"I saw the payment as an investment in MJ's potential." Also, the Prince said that "MJ said that he would pay me back through our work together."

Sounds like there was a verbal back and forth, if true, but no solid contracts to fulfill the facts. I mean, the Prince SEEING the payment as an investment in MJ's potential, is not the same as having a signed contract.

Back