New Song Snippet - Another Day Featuring Lenny Kravitz (Merged) *No Links*

claims to be the full version, but there is a download link in the info section. Can someone upload it to Youtube without a download like so we can direct fans to the new download-free link?

At night, I pray before I sleep in hope of finding stars?!
And you're the only one who could take me this far

Do you seriously think it's full? :scratch:

Have you heard both versions that Lenny did? I agree the remix version is much better than the album version. I first heard the remix version & then was disappointed when I bought the album.

No.

Its really a Lenny Kravitz song called Another Day! This was the original title for it but once MJ didnt use it and gave it to JayZ (who ruined it!) then they retitled it.

The Jay Z version has no melody too it. Im not saying this as an MJ fan but as a music fan.

i just heard 'storm' by kravitz..

i'm telling you, this is another instance where MJ doesn't get his credit due. MJ took the rhythm, and wrote new music from it. that's how extremely different his production and arrangement is from Kravitz's. Kravitz never said that Michael arranged and produced this version. and Kravitz said that that wasn't the final mix. even with the dj's on it, it sounds final enough to me, and like night and day. makes me wonder about Quincy Jones, Gordy, and a load of other collaborators. MJ was the exec producer, from the beginning, if he was involved. and that's where the magic came in.

well duh

could someone please fill the ??? part :)

:heart: Another Day
---------------------

1st verse
My life has taken me beyond the planets and the stars
And you're the only one that could take me this far
I'll be forever searching for your love

chorus
I walked away but I was wrong
(I can't wait, wait another day)
You're the one that keeps/make me strong
You're the fire that keeps me warm
How will I get through this storm?
(I can't wait another day ????? my love)

2nd verse
At night, I pray before I sleep in hope of finding the stars
you're the only one that could take me this far

chorus
You're the one that keeps-make me strong
(I can't wait another day ????? my love)....

could someone please fill the ??? part :)

:heart: Another Day
---------------------

1st verse
My life has taken me beyond the planets and the stars
And you're the only one that could take me this far

chorus
You're the one that keeps/make me strong
(I can't wait another day ????? my love)

2nd verse
At night, I pray before I sleep in hope of finding the stars
you're the only one that could take me this far

chorus
You're the one that keeps-make me strong
(I can't wait another day ????? my love)....
???=without ?

from whom you have your CORRECT information?

Please provide us with a link or a reliable PROOF!

Its a common fact that Another day from the Invinicble sessions...

If you have been following Mj news before the release of Invinicble back in 1999 to 2000 to the summer of 2001 ,you would know that Mj did a track with lenny ,he also did some with sisqo,will smith,co-wrote one with lauryn hill, R.kelly, teddy riley,carol bayer sager, David foster.......the list is endless, it made the news back in the day.......

If you have been following Mj news before the release of Invinicble back in 1999 to 2000 to the summer of 2001 ,you would know that Mj did a track with lenny ,he also did some with sisqo,will smith,co-wrote one with lauryn hill, R.kelly, teddy riley,carol bayer sager, David foster.......the list is endless, it made the news back in the day.......

also remember hearin bout missy elliott too!!

-Dal

Yes, this particular Lenny track has been known for years. I believe it's also named in the book 'Michael Jackson For The Record', which was released prior to this leak.
All reports that this is a recent track recorded by Lenny and MJ are completely false and when they quote Lenny talking about working with MJ on a track, he never specifies WHEN he worked on the track. The media just added that it was recently themselves. Even on the recent video released by Lenny he doesn't mention WHEN it was recorded, which I thought was strange at the time, but I guess it might work in his favour if he allows people to believe it was a recent track. It raises his profile and perhaps raises interest in the music, which in turn may increase the track's value to the record company when negotiations to release the track begin. I hope this and other unheard, 'recent' tracks are released on an album soon, but I'm just not sure that Sony would do that.

from whom you have your CORRECT information?

Please provide us with a link or a reliable PROOF!

Weekend at Lenny’s

Posted Saturday 09/15/2001 1:00 AM

“Working with Michael Jackson was probably the best recording experience of my life,” he says. “He was totally cool, absolutely professional and a beautiful, beautiful guy. And let’s not forget, Michael is a musical genius.”

The song, “Another Day,” which Kravitz wrote and produced, will appear on Jackson’s long-awaited new album. It transports you back to more innocent days, when “Beat It” ruled the world.......

http://www.blender.com/guide/66733/weekend-at-lenny146s.html

i just heard 'storm' by kravitz..

i'm telling you, this is another instance where MJ doesn't get his credit due. MJ took the rhythm, and wrote new music from it. that's how extremely different his production and arrangement is from Kravitz's. Kravitz never said that Michael arranged and produced this version. and Kravitz said that that wasn't the final mix. even with the dj's on it, it sounds final enough to me, and like night and day. makes me wonder about Quincy Jones, Gordy, and a load of other collaborators. MJ was the exec producer, from the beginning, if he was involved. and that's where the magic came in.

very good observation. Just like you, i don't think that lenny is the sole producer of the song, as he would want us to believe, from his video message. Lenny's production for storm was crap. Lenny should stop trying to claim all the credit for the production. Paul anka no. 2

MJ not putting Another Day on the 2001 Invincible album makes me wonder if MJ lost his touch as to what he thinks sounds good and what should go on a album. Maybe that's where someone like a Quincy Jones was needed to select which songs go on the album.

I don't believe it when ppl say MJ was saving his songs because that makes no sense because it's not like you can get away from a major label like Sony so easy. Invincible was a huge album for MJ and he took it seriously. He just didn't select the right tracks for the album.

Rodney Jerkins said there were tracks that had that old school MJ flava that were hot, but MJ didnt want to use those tracks

MJ not putting Another Day on the 2001 Invincible album makes me wonder if MJ lost his touch as to what he thinks sounds good and what should go on a album. Maybe that's where someone like a Quincy Jones was needed to select which songs go on the album.

I disagree on that. Another Day sounds like a song anyone can make today. Maybe they can't sing it like Michael, but a song like Another Day can be made today, definately.

But when I think of 2000 watts, and the beat and rythm in that one, and of Heartbreaker, Butterflies, Break of Dawn, all those songs on Invincible, or mostly all of them, they sound so different, not like something we even hear today.

Michael always wants his albums to be NEW, something no one has heard before. Tell me how many songs since 2001 are similar to Another Day.

And then how many sound like Break of Dawn, 2000 Watts, Unbreakable etc?

I don't believe it when ppl say MJ was saving his songs because that makes no sense because it's not like you can get away from a major label like Sony so easy. Invincible was a huge album for MJ and he took it seriously. He just didn't select the right tracks for the album.

Rodney Jerkins said there were tracks that had that old school MJ flava that were hot, but MJ didnt want to use those tracks

Are you serious?

Ever heard of innovation? Maybe Mike wanted a new sound... :rolleyes:

I don't believe for a sec that Quincy was responsible for Mike's success. Michael has as good as an ear as Quiny. No offence, Q was the one who thought Billie Jean should not make the cut for Thriller. In addition, Mike's demos (from what I have heard; DSTYGE, WDAN, BJ) sounds almost like the complete version of the songs.

I agree with you though... I understand. There are some tracks that just boggles my mind because it wasn't released! For example: Sunset Driver for OTW. That song was solid gold. I can seriously imagine it as a hit- it's almost a homage to LA at that time.

And lots more from the Ultimate Collection.. tsk tsk... I kinda agree that Mike made SOME weird choices in regards to Invincible.

No links makes sense as was in here a few hours ago when chat about our you tube channel was taken off.....................we were concerned about MJJ site....here our home being jeapordised by posting links to unreleased material........ :-(
I cant sleep so am back on here!!
Cant think of a better place to be ....................than with my MJ family!!
xxx

Another day is better than Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, 2000 Watts, Invincible. Those tracks sound to overproduced. Another day the beat is nice and MJ is singing in that smooth tone which is catchy. I remember 100.3 the beat hosted by Steve Harvey and Power 106 hosted by Big Boy in LA California playing the entire albums and none of them liked the up tempo tracks. They were like Butterflies, Break of Dawn and Heaven Can Wait. Many r&b, Hip Hop stations played Butterflies without Sony's permission. Thats how much they liked it. They didnt play Unbreakable or the fast tracks without permission because they didnt like them.

Unbreakable is more of a fan track. Not a track the average music fan would like and be like thats the jam. Fans want to hear you sing about relationship type stuff because it relates to them.

Another day is better than Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, 2000 Watts, Invincible. Those tracks sound to overproduced. Another day the beat is nice and MJ is singing in that smooth tone which is catchy. I remember 100.3 the beat hosted by Steve Harvey and Power 106 hosted by Big Boy in LA California playing the entire albums and none of them liked the up tempo tracks. They were like Butterflies, Break of Dawn and Heaven Can Wait. Many r&b, Hip Hop stations played Butterflies without Sony's permission. Thats how much they liked it. They didnt play Unbreakable or the fast tracks without permission because they didnt like them.

Unbreakable is more of a fan track. Not a track the average music fan would like and be like thats the jam. Fans want to hear you sing about relationship type stuff because it relates to them.

well it's a good thing that radio and average music fans aren't the only people in this big world. not all of us are influenced by radio. i think Unbreakable is killer. along with another day. and it's a good thing that there are sooo many Michael Jackson fans in the world who aren't arsed with the thinking of average music fans, and radio. in the end..the money from a radio host and the money from a Michael Jackson fan, are the same money.

Another Day, A Place With No Name are 2 killer tracks that I would love to hear all of soon.

Another Day, A Place With No Name are 2 killer tracks that I would love to hear all of soon.

I agree with you on Another Day but A Place with No Name is just a cover for A Horse with No Name by America I believe. I'm not crazy about Michael making cover songs although Smile was a real nice one and of course Come Together was really special, much better than the original IMHO. Anyway, I am glad Michael was never into recording cover songs as oppossed to other artists that do a lot of that. That's one of the many reasons Michael was so unique and special.

Sony was pulling the strings man. Sony rejected the old school MJ flavor and wanted a new sound. He had an album all ready to go and Sony said no you can't use it so he went back to the studio and recorded what became Invincible.

You can not get out of your contract that easily. Dude Sony tramples all over people's work all the time. Just look at what happened to spider-man. Sony forced Raimi to ruin spider-man 3 and they were going to do it again with part 4.

Sony was pulling the strings man. Sony rejected the old school MJ flavor and wanted a new sound. He had an album all ready to go and Sony said no you can't use it so he went back to the studio and recorded what became Invincible.

You can not get out of your contract that easily. Dude Sony tramples all over people's work all the time. Just look at what happened to spider-man. Sony forced Raimi to ruin spider-man 3 and they were going to do it again with part 4.

I love a place with no name and I hope we get to hear the full version.

I didn't know that about Invincible. I wonder what the original version sounded like? Do you have any idea?

There is not only not going to be a SM4, they a rebooting the whole franchise. Talk about ruination.

Back