New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand (update pg.1)

...in my collection:
Michael Jackson - Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon) PRSP10-52 [2010/Polish Promo SingleCD]

michael_jackson_akon_hold_my_hand_promo_singlecd2.jpg

I think some fans are expecting too much too soon. The song only went to radios on Monday... wait till they have the video out and we get closer to the release of the album. I'm pretty sure we'll see a difference then.

I know here in the UK the song is getting a respectable amount of airplay and it's not even released over here till the end of November.

It's surged to #77 on Canadian i-tunes... up 40 positions from 1am last night.

MICHAEL has yet to hit the Top 200 albums

UPDATE: It's up to #68 on Canadian i-tunes (up 9 positions from 30 min ago)

Last edited:
BBC Radio1 Xtra have now also playlisted 'Hold My Hand' on their B-List!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/playlist/new#b

US RADIO & ITUNES UPDATE:

MICHAEL JACKSON - Hold My Hand (Duet With Akon): 11.718 (+ 1.882)

That's and audience impression of 11.718 million listeners for the single so far.

(1.882 increase from yesterday - steady progress)

Currently at #71 iTunes USA.

Slightly surprised this hasn't climbed much quicker up the itunes chart, but considering it hasn't been available for the early part of the week and doesn't have any advertising space it's ok for this week. Hopefully if radio play keeps going up we can build some momentum for next weeks sales - the first full week of sales.

BBC Radio 2- donate to Children In Need charity and it should guarantee a play of "Hold My Hand"

Good job US and Canada, climbing slowly but surely :)

I think some fans are expecting too much too soon. The song only went to radios on Monday... wait till they have the video out and we get closer to the release of the album. I'm pretty sure we'll see a difference then.

I know here in the UK the song is getting a respectable amount of airplay and it's not even released over here till the end of November.
I agree :yes:

I hope HMH gets some boost in next few weeks in Finland, too, because now it seems it won't make it to #1. It's #6 here atm.

Back