New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand (update pg.1)

Some news for UK fans, the song has been C-listed on Radio 1.

That's good news. They'll probably move it up to their B-list next week and by the time it's released it could very well be A-listed.

I have not heard it once in arizona yet... WTH why?? the requesting process for my kissfm or other popular channels 98.3, or 101.5 are not playing it.. those are the three that would most likely would.. cud you guys help us up

I have not heard it once in arizona yet... WTH why?? the requesting process for my kissfm or other popular channels 98.3, or 101.5 are not playing it.. those are the three that would most likely would.. cud you guys help us up

post info and i will try :)

thank you, I really want MICHAEL to do well in every way

^That's not good at all. Sony hasn't been promoting this like I thought they were, no incentive at radio and no advertisements on I-Tunes.

Why isn't Sony promoting the crap out of this album?? I don't get it...this is pathetic, really...

The reason why it's not performing well in US and Canadian I-tunes...

Because nobody knows its even there! Usually songs get into the top 10 i-tunes chart from a front page advertisement or from heavy radio airplay. Right now Hold My Hand has none of those playing in it's favor. The only people downloading it right now are hardcore fans from fanclubs.

Bottom line: In order for this single or any single to succeed we need advertisement on that front page, and we need steady radio airplay. Without it, they might as well not even release a single.

The reason why it's not performing well in US and Canadian I-tunes...

Because nobody knows its even there! Usually songs get into the top 10 i-tunes chart from a front page advertisement or from heavy radio airplay. Right now Hold My Hand has none of those playing in it's favor. The only people downloading it right now are hardcore fans from fanclubs.

Bottom line: In order for this single or any single to succeed we need advertisement on that front page, and we need steady radio airplay. Without it, they might as well not even release a single.

....i feel defeated, and tired of it all....i mean, why even bother putting this album out if they're not gonna do it right? it's a damn embarrassment.....sorry ....i don't mean to be so negative...but this is utter bullshit...

....i feel defeated, and tired of it all....i mean, why even bother putting this album out if they're not gonna do it right? it's a damn embarrassment.....sorry ....i don't mean to be so negative...but this is utter bullshit...

I think maybe all we are really seeing now is early sales, the song hasn't even been played in Ireland yet but it can be bought on itunes here, maybe next week will see the big push from Sony, at least i hope this is the case.

I think maybe all we are really seeing now is early sales, the song hasn't even been played in Ireland yet but it can be bought on itunes here, maybe next week will see the big push from Sony, at least i hope this is the case.

...yeah, i'm trying to think more positively..but it's really hard...maybe yes, it's too early..who knows...

People, don't be so negative, it's only first day and without promotion. I agree with Calotte12, it will climb but slowly. Be patient. :)
Also I agree with Gottobethere, maybe next week we will see the big push from Sony, so...

update...
US: #258

Edit:

Canada: #198 :)

Last edited:
Back