**New Date**'This Is It' Movie - released 28th Oct (topics merged)

$ony rolling on the floor laughing. But of course I have to guess I will go to the theather tough.Don't forget the tissues :(

wow
nearly a birthday present to me
27th would be perfect...

How do you know IMAX theatres won't be showing it?

Then what theatres will?

Hmm, I'd be surprised if the IMAX didn't show it, especially since it will be in 3D...

Anyway, I'll definitely be there more than once. Can't wait!

I rang them earlier today and they said they decided not to buy the rights to show it at their cinemas, and we (the fans) can't even request for them to show it :(

I think only about 10 minutes of it will be 3D so it would be a waste to IMAX it, Dont IMAX films have to be shot with an IMAX Camera anyway?

I think only about 10 minutes of it will be 3D so it would be a waste to IMAX it, Dont IMAX films have to be shot with an IMAX Camera anyway?

Not sure. But it was shot with a very modern RED (I think that's what it's called) camera. Don't know if that's capable of IMAX. Oh well, no point discussing it, it's not happening.

whats up tomthedude, you the VT2009 guy hahaha

Oh THAT'S where you are from. :D Well I try to keep my personas seperated, so I don't like to talk about it :(

Anyway, sorry for the off topic-ness, let's keep the discussion going.

What do you predict in terms of records? Will it sell out?

I have so many mixed feelings about this...on one hand I want to see him so bad. ON the other hand: it's SONY and AEG people!!!! Plus, to know that preparing for this tour actually killed him. It's too much. We will watch him dying....dancing on the stage, laughing etc while DYING. Oh, my poor angel, you wanted to spread your wings and fly but your wings were broken :( We love you forever and you are our KING

Last time I cried hard in theater that was for Titanic. :( next time will be This is it!
I don't want This is it to be like this finally but at least we can see him when he worked so hard for his comeback and of course what he did for us, his fans. :( sad again sorry

There was a time when I thought this wouldn't be such a great idea. The reasons were like many of you have explained, i.e being that it is a rehearsal and Michael was a perfectionist and wouldn't like it released etc, however one has to look at what this movie WILL provide.

It will not only show the millions of fans, but interested non-"fans" the true Michael Jackson. We know of the other side of Michael through snippets and stories because as fans, we seek this information and have understood the man for a long time. Not only will we see Michael performing, but we'll see Michael the businessman, Michael the choreographer and Michael the playful, joking human.

This is NOT something that Michael would have released on his own accord if he was still with us, but circumstances change, and this movie is perfect in every regard for fans and non-fans alike.

It pains me when I go to other artists concerts since Michael's passing (The Game & P!NK) and see how dynamic and explosive live performances are and how those attending a concert can turn from admirers of the musician to LOVERS and life-long fans of that artist. I stood in both concerts looking up at the stage just imagining what kind of impact Michael would have on those attending his concerts... and this movie (hopefully) will play a similar role.

Think of the curls on the big screen... come on girls!

I'd rather have it released directly on DVD not on theatres, don't wanna be in a room full of all kinds of people from fans like me to,why not, haters ...

Going to be there as soon as it comes out. I never went to any of his concerts sadly, so this would be the next best thing. Of course it's going to be sad too, thinking of what all this could have been.

I'd rather have it released directly on DVD not on theatres, don't wanna be in a room full of all kinds of people from fans like me to,why not, haters ...

i agree wih the haters,but with a true fan turn out we can show those haters what theyve been missing. and true haters wudnt be dare in the theater. like youd never catch me @ a prince movie or anything to do with the man,whether heas alive or not

does any one knows if Michael's estate get any money from the sale of the movie on box office?I mean except the 90% of 60million that colombia picture supposed to give them .

its good that it will be released in theatres :) although im afraid i might end up going there alone cuz no one of my friends is interested in MJ. but well, thats life. i will be there! no matter what!

I can imagine the movie in the cinemas being something like this

thisisitatthecinema.jpg

Courtesy of photofunia

www.photofunia.com

i agree wih the haters,but with a true fan turn out we can show those haters what theyve been missing. and true haters wudnt be dare in the theater. like youd never catch me @ a prince movie or anything to do with the man,whether heas alive or not

um haters gonna be all kinds of stupid for dropping 12.75$ just to hate on this.

I can imagine the movie in the cinemas being something like this

thisisitatthecinema.jpg

Courtesy of photofunia

www.photofunia.com

:swoon:

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but will the release date be the same worldwide?? I'm in the UK and would like to arrange something for the day of the release :)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am hoping that the film being released on Oct 30 at the movie theatres show the world who the Father, the Human Being, The Humanitarian, The Musician, and the Artist is...

ANYTHING less would truly be a travesty to the legacy of what him and his are and always been all about...

:angel:We Are The World...Heal The World...Education IS the Key~~~[/FONT]

Back