New Album Rumour - Summer 2011 [Legacy]

KingMikeJ

Proud Member
I saw this over at Max Jax and thought it deserved a thread here.

Hey everyone...

I've been keeping close to the Micahel Jackson unreleased material list on Wikipedia. Almost every day something new is added and I like to see what information if provided. But a few days ago, something weird popped up...

n9qnd.png

http://i55.tinypic.com/n9qnd.png

It claims that there is supposed to be another album of unreleased material to be released this summer. According to info by Damien and NewDawn, this album isn't going to happen until next year or 2013. I just figured the two could shed some light on this...

Here it is on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_(Michael_Jackson_Album)

UPDATE: I have looked up some info on the tracks he haven't heard of much:

Rise Above It All - Composed and produced by Dr. Freeze during the Invincible sessions.
Has not been finalized, vocal parts may not have been recorded.

D.I.E - Written by Michael Jackson, Theron "Neff-U"Theron "Neff-U" Feemster, Michael Durham Prince. Recorded in 2009.
Reported as "An amazing song with strong synth melodies that get into your head like an ear-worm.

On My Anger - Written by Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley. Written in 1999. Failed to make the Invincible album. Possible lyrics leaked online.

Last edited:
Re: New Album Rumour - Summer 2011

I'm curious about this as well. It's apparently going to be an EP with 8 tracks, called "Legacy". Personally, I think all posthumous releases should be EPs from now on in order to focus on getting all the songs right. Does any of our insiders have any info on this?

I hadn't seen this page before. But i did notice in the wiki list of unreleased songs that next to "Can't get your weight off me" it says "confirmed for summer 2011 album" But next to "I was the loser" it says this "May appear on future posthumous album, due in 2012 or 2013." so i dunno whats going on, lol. I know wiki is not the best sorce, but its being spoken about an most other forums, several of them not citing wiki as their source for the info

I know we shouldn't trust this but lets remember that the Michael album was rumoured to be released in November 2010 and it was released in early December.

I would like to believe this is so. If it is true. I will "cry out of joy"

I'm curious about this as well. It's apparently going to be an EP with 8 tracks, called "Legacy". Personally, I think all posthumous releases should be EPs from now on in order to focus on getting all the songs right. Does any of our insiders have any info on this?

I agree, and they should only feature unreleased tracks. Leave demos and early version of known songs for the re-issues of the old albums.
I hope they keep the track listing the way it is too.

Wouldnt DYKWYCA be a little controversial to release? Even though it is a good song, do you guys think it would be smart to release it?

Probably not, there'll be too many immature jokes made about it. Unless they can mask it a bit better than just changing the title to "12 O' Clock", then it should stay off a big release to avoid a lot of mocking.

This is strange, the tracklist has been changed since this article first appeared, look:

9kqb7b.png
282jij8.png

Do You Know Where Your Children Are has been replaced with Legacy.

iam wondering what will happen to this material which has got recorded in 2009,
if you look at the unreleased page on wiki, its pretty much which was recorded in 2009.

i hope those really exist, i'd prefer a whole album which contains his LATEST work (only) so much more...

any1 knows how reliable those wiki entries are concerning the 2009 work?

Well the ones that are "confirmed" have stayed the same. I wouldn't hold me breath for this just yet. I have asked the MJ Online Team about this and they haven't replied yet.

Probably not, there'll be too many immature jokes made about it. Unless they can mask it a bit better than just changing the title to "12 O' Clock", then it should stay off a big release to avoid a lot of mocking.

Naturally it would be smart, but we honestly need to be mature if it is released. and by WE i mean people that believe MJ did commit misconduct. I really hope an EP Album is released.

I'll belive this when i see it

yep, same here. I personally don't expect a new album any time soon

Neither do i. But if there is going to be one released again, they need to do more promotion for it

To be fair, these songs have been known to exist for some time. Wikipedia is a publicly accessible and editable site. How hard would it be to update it with bogus information and pass it off as fact? Don't get me wrong, if it's true, then no one would be happier than me.

I hope it does get released this summer only time will tell

Well I just hope they've learned their lesson soon enough to release proper material only lol

I personally would be sickened if they didn't release DYKWYCA just because of the possibilty twat will make comments. Seriously, its about time we as a fan base stop bending to these idiots. The song is AMAZING, that's all that matters.

I personally would be sickened if they didn't release DYKWYCA just because of the possibilty twat will make comments. Seriously, its about time we as a fan base stop bending to these idiots. The song is AMAZING, that's all that matters.

seconded. there will always be bigots. leave them to it.

In my opinion, saying Do You Know Where Your Children Are should not be released because of the jokes that could come with it is like saying Billie Jean should not be played on the radio anymore because Billie could be counfused with Billy, a male name.

I really, really do notlike that song and I would be happy if it was not released as a main track on an album. That being said, I would like to know what is going on with the other songs on the album.

I like that song too but like u said non fans will just make disgusting comments bout it.

I wouldn't trust the article. The Estate still has nine more Cascio tracks, so it seems strange that they aren't on that 'tracklist'. I think songs like 'Soldier Boy' and 'Water' will be on the new album, which I expect to be released in 2013 or 2014.

Maybe the Estate listened to the fans outrage over the Cascio tracks and decided to leave them off all future releases. It's unlikely, I'm just hoping it's true. I don't want any more controversy with new albums.

Slave To The Rhythm really should have been put on The Michael album. That song had instant hit written all over it especially with the whole 'club muisc craze' that seems to be going around these days. Releasing Slave To The Rhythm as a single really should have been a no brainer

Since what did wikipedia became reliable, at all? Seriously, anybody can go there and edit any article and basically write anything. Here, I'll give you an example, I'll go there and change the artice:

5zflz9.jpg

Go to the article now.

Back