NEW 3D release of THIS IS IT

Sounds like the MJ Air is included. - That's great.

Only I hope I can play the BR at my PS3. I don't have a 3D LED TV.

If there's a Limited Edition version of it, I'll probably pre order it and then wait until I buy a 3D TV (that'll be when they make glasses-free 3D TV)!!!!!

No you need a 3DTV AND a 3D Blu-ray player.

Oh that just confirmed I won't be buying this edition. I bought This Is It on Blu-Ray and I don't even own a normal Blu-Ray player, let alone any freaking 3D Blu-Ray player and don't even want to talk about my TV :D

Eventually, but the problem with glasses free i that it can only be seen from a sweet spot, even the ones that are being developed you have to sit in certain places or you wont't see anything in 3D. I just want Dangerous, extra choreography rehearsals, and all the lil bits like dstyge.

For god sakes MJ estate...just release the Victory, Bad, History tour on DVD. We already have This is It and there's no need to see it on 3D. 2D is just fine. What's not fine is a HD release quality of the Victory tour or Bad and history. RELEASE THAT por favor!

Last edited:
Once and for all, you don't need f#cking 3dtv nor 3d-blu-ray player.
When you play 3-D Blu-ray in a normal 2-D Blu-ray player (such as the PS3 with its current firmware), the machine can only extract one of the two camera views, and will only transmit a standard 2-D image to your display.

Buy that damn thing and be happy. And if you one day decide to upgrade to 3D, you'll be prepared. For now on i'll advice you to buy 3d versions of your movies if avaible, that way you won't have to double dip. So please stop complainig all.

Sony CEO, Howard Stringer made an announcement at the International Franchise Association Trade Show in Berlin that the PlayStation 3 firmware update that will allow users to watch Blu-ray movies in steroscopic 3D has been pushed back to October. Stringer also confirmed during the announcement that Spider-Man 3, Avatar, Green Hornet, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and Michael Jackson's This Is It will all be released in the 3D Blu-ray format in the future.

Source: MJFC / gamasutra.com

This WILL happen. the Nintendo 3DS has a 3D screen and you don't need glasses.

I know it will happen, but it won't be any time soon..........

...........this is because all the electronics companies want to make maximum profit from this cheaper technology!!!!!!!!

As far as the Nintendo 3DS.........I've got the 1st generation DS and I need to replace it soon so this new one will be released at the perfect time!!!!!!

I know it will happen, but it won't be any time soon..........

...........this is because all the electronics companies want to make maximum profit from this cheaper technology!!!!!!!!

As far as the Nintendo 3DS.........I've got the 1st generation DS and I need to replace it soon so this new one will be released at the perfect time!!!!!!
actually 3DTVs without glasses are very very expensive to produce. It's not possible to sell these TVs for like 1200$. It is only affordable for small screens like mobile phones or the Nintendo 3DS^^

actually 3DTVs without glasses are very very expensive to produce. It's not possible to sell these TVs for like 1200$. It is only affordable for small screens like mobile phones or the Nintendo 3DS^^

Yes, but they should still release them...........because when they start with production they'll get cheaper..........eventually.....

.......I actually remember when they first sold plasma TV's in the UK........
.......It was made by Phillips, about 40 inches, and it cost about £10,000!!!!!!!
.......And it was sold in Selfridges!!!!!!!

Yes, but they should still release them...........because when they start with production they'll get cheaper..........eventually.....
Toshiba is going to release a 3DTV without the need for glasses in the end of this year. But don't expect it to be affordable until like december 2011 or summer 2012...:cheeky:

I just received the BluRay 3D of THIS IS IT

the Bonus (thriller, smooth criminal including the Gilda parts, earth song) are in 3D, TDCAU is in 3D (the military parts only), they say there are about 10mn of rehearsals in 3D as well, but I haven't watched it completely yet...

the Bonus are amazing in 3D!

I just received the BluRay 3D of THIS IS IT

the Bonus (thriller, smooth criminal including the Gilda parts, earth song) are in 3D, TDCAU is in 3D (the military parts only), they say there are about 10mn of rehearsals in 3D as well, but I haven't watched it completely yet...

the Bonus are amazing in 3D!

Is it already released?

Is it already released?

Not yet to my knowledge, Sony brought me this morning a Promo 3D BluRay, the new edition...

For the 10 minutes of rehearsals in 3D; I do believe they only mean the parts shot in 3D... I'm currently watching, so I'll let you know if there are anything special additional in 3D...

Wow, this'll be interesting...

Why have they sent a copy to you????

Not yet to my knowledge, Sony brought me this morning a Promo 3D BluRay, the new edition...

For the 10 minutes of rehearsals in 3D; I do believe they only mean the parts shot in 3D... I'm currently watching, so I'll let you know if there are anything special additional in 3D...

Thank you!! Can you also sum up what's exactly new to us?? For example, is it worth buying this 3D release, even though you have the original Blu-Ray version?

For example, is it worth buying this 3D release, even though you have the original Blu-Ray version?

It is the same edition, with just 3D conversion on the parts shot in 3D, there are NO new videos or bonuses on this edition as of now (I'm currently watching and I'm on Beat It now).

But I have a promotional copy, so I don't know if the final release will be the same...

From what I know, this might be the only BluRay edition available when they will re-release it on BluRay, obviously soon...

Just know that, in order to read that 3D BluRay, you need a 3D TV/Projector, 3D glasses, and a BluRay 3D Player or PS3 - It will ONLY work with these 3 criterias...

But believe me, Thriller and Earth Song bonuses in 3D are INSANE!

Update : the ending credits has a 3D effect as well, but nothing fancy...

Last edited:
The cover... Front and Back

tii3d.jpg

tii3da.jpg

Ohh, I want to see it in 3D! But... I don't have a 3D TV, 3D TV Glasses, 3D Bluray or PS3... Oh well.

Back