My message to disgracefull AEG LIVE....

£9.50 service charge was for the production of your ticket. So why are we paying £75 for a ticket? I would like them to take my service charge in exchange for my ticket.

That is what I am thinking, we already paid (included in the price for the printing and delivery of the tickets), I would gladly let them keep that, if they mailed me my tickets. That is fair. I would pay for the ticket (what it would normally cost) I am not paying for a show I am not going to see.

Here's a question... What if you bought more than one ticket, could you get a refund for a few and just pay for one? I mean if you purchased them altogether.

Yeh he said if you bought 4 tickets you can get a refund on 3 and keep 1

Here's a question... What if you bought more than one ticket, could you get a refund for a few and just pay for one? I mean if you purchased them altogether.

£86 was to see the greatest entertainer in the world perform an amazing show. It was going to be the best night of my life. £86 was not for a piece of paper, it was for Michael.

£86 was to see the greatest entertainer in the world perform an amazing show. It was going to be the best night of my life. £86 was not for a piece of paper, it was for Michael.

This is exactly how i feel well said!!

We definitely shouldn't be paying over £80 for the ticket. I wouldn't mind paying some money towards printing costs etc but I really don't think we should be paying that kind of money for the ticket. They still haven't been 100% clear so I'll wait for further details on how this will all work out.

If you feel AEG are treating the fans unfairly by only releasing the tickets in lieu of the full refund please sign our petition in the link below. Leave your name, an optional e-mail address and a few words in the comments box in the form.

We will be spreading the word across the Michael Jackson communities as of now and posting the forms to AEG as soon as possible to let them know the reaction to this situation and hopefully make a change.

I for one do not think Michael would've approved of AEG asking for the extortionate amount of £75 plus booking fee for these tickets to be kept as souvenirs, if you also disagree please act now and help us spread the word by signing and posting the link to anyone you believe is affected.

Thank you Maximum Jackson Team

Sign here...
http://www.maximum-jackson.com/comments.html

but what about the people who bought on viagogo... i paid hundreds for my opening night tickets.. surely they can expect me to forfeit all of that money for the tickets :( anyone know?? thankss

but what about the people who bought on viagogo... i paid hundreds for my opening night tickets.. surely they can expect me to forfeit all of that money for the tickets :( anyone know?? thankss

I think the situation for viagogo and Thriller package ticket owners is that you will just pay the face value of the ticket (£75), receive the ticket and have the remainder of your refund.

I think the situation for viagogo and Thriller package ticket owners is that you will just pay the face value of the ticket (£75), receive the ticket and have the remainder of your refund.

reallly??!! how you know this.. i think you have just made my day.. thought i was going to have to pay out a LOT more than that! Just a shame that it is that much to pay.. we paid that money to see the man himself not for just the ticket :(

thanksss :)

reallly??!! how you know this.. i think you have just made my day.. thought i was going to have to pay out a LOT more than that! Just a shame that it is that much to pay.. we paid that money to see the man himself not for just the ticket :(

thanksss :)

I heard it on Sky News earlier, am really sorry I cannot remember who but am very positive this was the case.

I've signed the max-jax petition. I'd be a disgrace this way, AEG live is playing a foul game and should really reconsider their offer!

we need more people to email AEG its at like 62 people on that list come on!

Just wwrote a comment there...

Maria joao silva
icon10-external-url.png
This is unbelievable...Michael is not even burried!
we Michael fans,are completly devastated...we just want to honnor and pay tribute to the man we love...Michael would be so mad with this situation...
why can't someone,at least once,do something nice?
If not for you,at least for the people in pain.
Some respect is so much aprreciated...
Oh and if there's anyone human there,please reconsider your actions!
Thank you so much

Hope it helps somenhow

With all due respect, AEG is a business who put a lot of money on the line for this. Not Michael Jackson and not the fans. The price of the ticket and even travel would never compare to what AEG laid on the line for Michael to see his dream. Yes, they did it for money, but so did Michael because at no time did he offer to have these concerts for free or just to cover overhead costs.

Unfortunately, even at this time, they have to think about financial loss just like even at their darkest time, the Jacksons have to think about Michael's estate and the finances.

I will be forever grateful and I mean forever, for AEG to not give up on Michael until they got him to say "yes" and put his name on the dotted line. He obviously thrived on the deal. They defended him and gave him what he requested and did not stand in the way of his vision by all accounts that we have heard. For this, he had his moment that solidified his talent and genius to the world.

A man that was so dearly treasured is dead. And it hurts. And I hope it leaves lessons to all. One of those is perspective of what is truly worth fighting for, what is truly worth anger, and what is truly worth just letting go because it doesn't make a difference in anyone's life when it comes to forging the love that Michael so wanted. His legacy is not those tickets. His legacy are those things that I just listed. That is if we truly believe as Janet stated that he was more than just a music icon.

You know whenever I heard of Michael talking about sadness over people being taken advantage of or used, it was never on the scale of a business choice about ticket refunds. Let's not belittle his feelings about fans being taken advantaged of.

Thank you AEG. You did right by Michael and he appeared to have respected your business approach. I have seen so much more trash thrown at Michael these past few days worthy of anger and petitions. A clear choice being given to people to exercise with their own free will-- I just don't see it.

And since we are concerned about people in pain over Michael's death, why don't we keep in mind that many of those at AEG and with TII production were not only fans but colleagues helping him see through his dream.

Perhaps, we should be considerate of their pain too and wonder if they should have to deal with this while also dealing with painful heartaches about actually experiencing Michael's commitment to this but his not being able to see it through. We should be considerate that this is probably hard enough having to look at concert tickets or send refunds knowing how close they and Michael were to what could have been. They weren't suppose to be refunding for tickets; they were suppose to be helping Michael celebrate what was to be one of his best of times. We should be considerate that in addition to having to deal with refunds, they have to deal with what to do with the proud work that Michael created with them and how best to honor him with that.

With all due respect, AEG is a business who put a lot of money on the line for this. Not Michael Jackson and not the fans. The price of the ticket and even travel would never compare to what AEG laid on the line for Michael to see his dream. Yes, they did it for money, but so did Michael because at no time did he offer to have these concerts for free or just to cover overhead costs.

Unfortunately, even at this time, they have to think about financial loss just like even at their darkest time, the Jacksons have to think about Michael's estate and the finances.

I will be forever grateful and I mean forever, for AEG to not give up on Michael until they got him to say "yes" and put his name on the dotted line. He obviously thrived on the deal. They defended him and gave him what he requested and did not stand in the way of his vision by all accounts that we have heard. For this, he had his moment that solidified his talent and genius to the world.

A man that was so dearly treasured is dead. And it hurts. And I hope it leaves lessons to all. One of those is perspective of what is truly worth fighting for, what is truly worth anger, and what is truly worth just letting go because it doesn't make a difference in anyone's life when it comes to forging the love that Michael so wanted. His legacy is not those tickets. His legacy are those things that I just listed. That is if we truly believe as Janet stated that he was more than just a music icon.

You know whenever I heard of Michael talking about sadness over people being taken advantage of or used, it was never on the scale of a business choice about ticket refunds. Let's not belittle his feelings about fans being taken advantaged of.

Thank you AEG. You did right by Michael and he appeared to have respected your business approach. I have seen so much more trash thrown at Michael these past few days worthy of anger and petitions. A clear choice being given to people to exercise with their own free will-- I just don't see it.

It was their choice to take the risk to fund Michael's production, why should we be the ones to be out of pocket. Am pretty sure Michael's family won't see a penny of the money from the money they keep from the tickets. This is going directly to into AEG's pockets

If you disagree that's fine, but we'd just like to give the fans who are upset about this the chance to voice their opinions

And since we are concerned about people in pain over Michael's death, why don't we keep in mind that many of those at AEG and with TII production were not only fans but colleagues helping him see through his dream

Money isn't going to ease the pain though is it, so I don't know why they can't offer a fairer deal

It was their choice to take the risk to fund Michael's production, why should we be the ones to be out of pocket. Am pretty sure Michael's family won't see a penny of the money from the money they keep from the tickets. This is going directly to into AEG's pockets

If you disagree that's fine, but we'd just like to give the fans who are upset about this the chance to voice their opinions

Money isn't going to ease the pain though is it, so I don't know why they can't offer a fairer deal

And it was all buyers' choice to take the risk of buying a ticket. And why would you be out of money? They are offering refunds. If you want the money, simply request your refund.

AEG, bottomline, is a business that may take a huge hit for this. They have not been given the clear in terms of insurance; I'm sure there were conditions and it will depend upon the investigation results. Depending on how things go, they can be out way more than the cost of a ticket.

And my God, if life was about being fair, we wouldn't be dealing with any of this right now. Michael's children could probably tell us a thing about fairness.

And you say that money won't ease the pain. Well neither will a ticket, a simple refund, or a combination. I'm sure they wish they could find fairness in this also. Frankly it all makes me think what I thought when I saw Joe Jackson talking about a record company business: In the scheme of things, what the heck does it have to do with Michael, his love for his fans, and the pain that people are going through and most importantly at this time, what the heck does it matter in the view of it all.

Decide which is more important. Hell, I guess AEG wished they at least had had a choice about any of this occurring today.

exactly, im not doubting that AEG were 100% behind mike because i believe they were but lets face it, AEG are freaking out about the money they are going to have lost and these souvenir tickets are just another way to minimize their losses.

AEG insured 23 concerts and were more than willing to insure the remaining concerts which screams they have plenty of money. Insurance will cover costs of 1st 23 shows for definite, so not as much money is lost and the majority of £20million is recouped already.

How else are they going to make a killing?

Ah yes...by releasing footage of the final rehearsal if they decide to. Randy Phillips also mentioned there is a CD in the can based on Michael's vocals from rehearsals - that's gonna sell MILLIONS...more than Dangerous, HIStory and BAD did. Not to forget they have other events where they will make more money.

AEG won't be THAT hard up, especially with outside insurance off setting the blow of the costs.

well said, classic.
AEG insured 23 concerts and were more than willing to insure the remaining concerts which screams they have plenty of money.
It's fascinating how everyone seems to know the insurance conditions AEG had. Nobody knows at this stage if Michael passing away was even part of the insurance at all!

Apart from that, your argumentation is a little strange. If AEG had "plenty of money" spare, they wouldn't have had to insure the concerts in the first place, because they could have taken the risk on their own...

Anyway, I don't understand what all the fuzz is about...! Get the refund money, take those four rehearsal images of Michael, have them printed and framed professionally for your living room, and you will have a much better souvenir at a lower price ;)

Last edited:
exactly, im not doubting that AEG were 100% behind mike because i believe they were but lets face it, AEG are freaking out about the money they are going to have lost and these souvenir tickets are just another way to minimize their losses.

Of course they have to minimize their losses. You are talking about millions and millions of dollars in losses.

Do you think that Michael's estate will never do anything to continue to make money? Will that be taking advantage of the fans? If you all are truly worried about how Michael would have felt about this, why not petition his family to purchases the tickets for you?

Michael's allegiance to fans and AEG's were two separate things. But, somehow, I truly doubt Michael would be in shock at this. He understood things needing to be done purely for business standpoint. He himself has had to make such decisions.

They. Had. Insurance. That helps them massively and then there's the other stuff they also have.

There's even a video already made apparently - they'll whip that out on an official release and we'll lap that up. It won't cost them much to produce and package.

Anyway, petition is at 129 and counting. If every ticket buyer signs and follows through with actions...AEG will take notice as they want the money from as many people as they can manage to get.

I've signed it. My comment is rather angry, but AEG is infuriating. First people loose money when they move 3 show dates (I was supposed to go July 12th moved to March 3rd.) Now they want to charge 75pound per ticket! Disgusting!

Of course they have to minimize their losses. You are talking about millions and millions of dollars in losses.

Do you think that Michael's estate will never do anything to continue to make money? Will that be taking advantage of the fans? If you all are truly worried about how Michael would have felt about this, why not petition his family to purchases the tickets for you?

Michael's allegiance to fans and AEG's were two separate things. But, somehow, I truly doubt Michael would be in shock at this. He understood things needing to be done purely for business standpoint. He himself has had to make such decisions.

yes but part of business is being fair to the consumer keeping £85 for a ticket that they KNOW the fans are going to want is just taking advantage and isnt fair, if they wanted to keep £20 per ticket than I think that would be fair, they get to keep some of the money and we get a souvenier at a reasonable price.

What this really makes me think of is all the lame coverage now that has boiled down to nothing but "what was he worth" or "who will get the money" or "how much more he will be worth in death than life."

It is just sick that the man is not even buried and every thing just leads back to money. At this point, those with the most serious concern are truly only two factions: his family because of estate matters and AEG because of the huge investment that they AND Michael Jackson made.

They. Had. Insurance. That helps them massively and then there's the other stuff they also have.

There's even a video already made apparently - they'll whip that out on an official release and we'll lap that up. It won't cost them much to produce and package.

Anyway, petition is at 129 and counting. If every ticket buyer signs and follows through with actions...AEG will take notice as they want the money from as many people as they can manage to get.

You guys no nothing officially in terms of insurance. They do.

Back