My message to disgracefull AEG LIVE....

actually i am not convinced that it is like that. i know that it means that you will get the ticket or money, but i doubt they will keep the whole amount. i bet they know too that this is too much

'In lieu' seems pretty final to me. AEG are doing what they need to do to recoup losses and survive as a business. The same way MJ made big invesments to keep his lifestyle going.

So you expect AEG, on top of already suffering huge loses from self-insuring 40 dates, to pay the costs of printing tickets and shipping them? Now who's being unreasonable...

well i expeted them not to keep making money on Michael's death because that is horrible and i did say that i wouldnt mind paying for the actual cost of the ticket and shipping etc but not the full £350 i paid cmon michael jackson would never have done this to us.

i think they will give us the tickets for a small amount. im still convinced we will get some money back even if we take the tickets... but we cant get the whole amount back.

they know that they cant charge us the whole money we were supposed to pay for a SHOW, just to get a small piece of paper

I wish you were right but you need to read their terms clearly. It is an EITHER/ OR option. There is no mention of partial amounts etc.

And to all those carrying on about poor AEG, insurance etc etc. Give a shit. The man is dead. Thats what insurance is FOR.

And in terms of the cost of printing and postage of tickets for the fans? Well we already paid for postage when we bought the tickets. And the printing would be lucky to cost 30p per ticket. Even if they charged a tenner they would more than cover the cost of printing and postage and then some.

This is exploitation plain and simple. They can keep their stinky tickets. Im gonna spend my money on a souvenir that celebrates his life. Not a shitty piece of fancy paper that reminds me of his death and the greed of others.

I wish you were right but you need to read their terms clearly. It is an EITHER/ OR option. There is no mention of partial amounts etc.

And to all those carrying on about poor AEG, insurance etc etc. Give a shit. The man is dead. Thats what insurance is FOR.

And in terms of the cost of printing and postage of tickets for the fans? Well we already paid for postage when we bought the tickets. And the printing would be lucky to cost 30p per ticket. Even if they charged a tenner they would more than cover the cost of printing and postage and then some.

This is exploitation plain and simple. They can keep their stinky tickets. Im gonna spend my money on a souvenir that celebrates his life. Not a shitty piece of fancy paper that reminds me of his death and the greed of others.

I am with you man well said

R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON YOU WERE THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO MUSIC,DANCE,ENTERTAINMENT ETC

I agree. They are being complete areholes. Why don't they keep just a few of our pounds and send the tickets out? I don't mind paying up to £8/£10 for the memory, but £70/£80 is just ridiculous, I'm sure Michael in Heaven is horrified :no:

I am writing to you as a Michael Jackson fan and i know that this email will be ignored because companies such as you do not listen to fans. Anyway am also writing to you concerning the ticket refunds and i am disgusted with the way your company has acted because you expected die hard fans to pay £85 max for a ticket that will never be used and this is taking advantage of Michael Jacksons passing and trying to make profits off him even when he is dead. I epxected you as a company to send out tickets with refunds or make fans pay a small amount which will cover the making of the tickets and this will give the fans a memory of Michael Jackson and will help then in ways to get over his death but this is absolutely disgracfull that you are doing this and charging us the full price for these tickets and you will be reported!

This is my message to AEG LIVE but all i need now is an Email address to send this to so if any of you guys can help...

All i want to do is make sure that this evil company is not taking advantage of us and Michael Jackson by making us pay ridiculous prices for something we deserve to have for free!

Thanks in advanced

totally agree... and 85 pounds? what about those who paid vip tickets?? its not fair at all charge 800 pounds for a card ticket to a concert we'll never see...if there is a small fee for the confection of the tickets I understand, but certainly will not pay 800 pounds for a piece of paper...

to be fair they are giving you a choice...

they are...but we're all in the peak of an emotional rollercoaster, we all still want to hang on to that last memory of him...all fans will want their tickets as a souvenir and many will act on impulse to get it...
imo it is taking advantage of us and of his passing...

:smilerolleyes: You don't get the point. 'That's what insurance is for'? There was NO INSURANCE. AEG are facing losses of £300 million, an even bigger debt than MJ was reported to have, and you guys would have them produce, print and ship tickets and send an armful of merchandise for free? You would never ask Michael to do that, so who's really being selfish here? AEG are doing what they need to do to survive, and they are giving people an option. Like it or not, it's better than nothing. They believed in Michael enough to go 40 dates with no independant insurance and whatever way you look at it that is a huge risk which needs to be paid for somehow. It's hardly exploitation as no one is being forced into giving up their refund. Like I said, people have been given a choice and it's up to the ticketholders to choose for themselves. AEG can hardly be expected to contact each buyer individually and cater to their selfish wants. It's completely unreasonable and naive to assume that AEG would do anything BUT try to recoup losses.

:smilerolleyes: You don't get the point. 'That's what insurance is for'? There was NO INSURANCE. AEG are facing losses of £300 million, an even bigger debt than MJ was reported to have, and you guys would have them produce, print and ship tickets and send an armful of merchandise for free? You would never ask Michael to do that, so who's really being selfish here? AEG are doing what they need to do to survive, and they are giving people an option. Like it or not, it's better than nothing. They believed in Michael enough to go 40 dates with no independant insurance and whatever way you look at it that is a huge risk which needs to be paid for somehow. It's hardly exploitation as no one is being forced into giving up their refund. Like I said, people have been given a choice and it's up to the ticketholders to choose for themselves. AEG can hardly be expected to contact each buyer individually and cater to their selfish wants. It's completely unreasonable and naive to assume that AEG would do anything BUT try to recoup losses.
you need to stop. They shoulda go insured for all the date. If they couldn't then they shouldn't have done more the 10. That's nobodys fault but theirs. AEG been trying to capitalize like crazy off michael with setting him up for 50 date in the first place. Now the tickets are ALREADY printed..and it didn't cost that much to print, so why charge the FULL price. That's crazy. An WHAT just WHAT are they gonna do with those tickets if WE don't buy them. They need to stop. Also AEG is in NO WAYS in debt. THis company has millions and millions of dollars so I ain't even trying to hear that. Michael lost his life and the world lost the greatest in music ever. Ppl are mouring and these jerks are still trying to capital off that. Some times you just got to take the lost. Michael did, his family did, we are. I don't even want to hear this madness from aeg right now.

theyve made enough intrest off the money they have kept since march for the tickets ontop of screwing everyone at viagogo shame on them

Grrrrr! i want the ticket but my mum and dad doesn't understand so they're just gonna get the refund :( i really wish they would send them out to the fans who are coping with the loss of there beloved hero :( please.

I'm not writing on this board very often (as you can see), but let me just say one thing: WAIT until tomorrow, when AEG releases the final and full information about the ticket refund!

They say that "in lieu of the FULL refund", you have the option to get the ticket. Now, you can read into that whatever you want, but from a logical standpoint (at least the one I have), that means nothing else than: "your refund will get smaller (=no FULL refund), but you will receive a good portion of your money, even IF you decide to get the ticket".

Otherwise, they would have written something along the lines "in lieu of A refund". The word "full" makes the important difference here.

Apart from that, it would be totally ridiculous to keep 100% of the ticket price if you decide to have them sent to you, simply because the tickets where priced differently. Even AEG would not dare charging different prices for a piece of paper...

But just as you, I am as uncertain about that. So keep cool, and wait for what will be announced tomorrow.
A piece of cardboard is nothing to become so upset about, anyway ;)

Last edited:
I'm not writing on this board very often (as you can see), but let me just say one thing: WAIT until tomorrow, when AEG releases the final and full information about the ticket refund!

They say that "in lieu of the FULL refund", you have the option to get the ticket. Now, you can read into that whatever you want, but from a logical standpoint (at least the one I have), that means nothing else than: "your refund will get smaller (=no FULL refund), but you will receive a good portion of your mony, even IF you decide to get the ticket".

Otherwise, they would have written something along the lines "in lieu of A refund". The word "full" makes the important difference here.

Apart from that, it would be totally ridiculous to keep 100% of the ticket price if you decide to have them sent to you, simply because the tickets where priced differently. Even AEG would not dare charing different prices for a piece of paper...

But just as you, I am as uncertain about that. So keep cool, and wait what will be announced tomorrow.
A piece of cardboard is nothing to become so upset about, anyway ;)

exactly what i am talking about! good point!

AEG should be ashamed by this, after all the work and support by Randy Philips, and he does this to us and MJ, I don't need a ticket to remind me of Michael Jackson.

AEG did have insurance for 23 dates, even Randy Philips said it. Plus AEG are not facing £300 million in losses, the only loss they have is from the production costs which is nowhere near that figure and plus the insurance they did have will cover most of their losses.

Plus AEG are not facing £300 million in losses, the only loss they have is from the production costs which is nowhere near that figure and plus the insurance they did have will cover most of their losses.
They have to refund the ticket money, of course that is a loss for them! What else should it be. Even if 23 of these dates are being compensated by the insurance (nobody knows yet if "death" was part of the insurance contract), they still have an approximate loss of 50 million£ from ticket refunds alone.

And don't forget that AEG booked the o2 Arena almost exclusively for two thirds of a year! I don't wanna know how expensive it is to even book the arena for a single day. If they won't be able to find other acts jumping in for most of the dates, they will be in real trouble.

(I'm not trying to support AEG here, but you have to see this from a realistic point of view. Planning and paying for a 50-date residency is a little more complicated than you would imagine.)

Last edited:
They have to refund the ticket money, of course that is a loss for them! What else should it be.
And don't forget that AEG booked the o2 Arena for all the 50 dates, I don't wanna know how expensive it is to even book the arena for a single day. If they won't be able to find other acts jumping in for all the dates, they will be in real trouble.

(I'm not trying to support AEG here, but you have to see this from a realistic point of view. Planning and paying for a 50-date residency is a little more complicated than you would imagine.)

They probably have insurance for this so this is a shame to charge 100% of the ticket

They probably have insurance for this so this is a shame to charge 100% of the ticket

Plus if a dvd is released they would get some money from that, that alone would cover any losses they will make. They will probably start selling the merch too & anything else they can think of.

I don't see what is wrong with them to offer either your money back or a special ticket designed by Michael???

They have to refund the ticket money, of course that is a loss for them! What else should it be. Even if 23 of these dates are being compensated by the insurance (nobody knows yet if "death" was part of the insurance contract), they still have an approximate loss of 50 million£ from ticket refunds alone.

And don't forget that AEG booked the o2 Arena almost exclusively for two thirds of a year! I don't wanna know how expensive it is to even book the arena for a single day. If they won't be able to find other acts jumping in for most of the dates, they will be in real trouble.

I'm not saying they aren't sufferring any losses, but IF they keep all of the £75 for those who want to keep a ticket, then I don't think that's right at all but that is my personal opinion, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm not saying the tickets should be given away completely free but keeping all the £75 or however much someone paid for the ticket is just wrong. If they refund 70% of the money and give people a ticket, I think that would be much more reasonable.

Randy Phillips was just interviewed on sky news and it looks like its either your ticket or your refund. I'm sorry but I feel that is not good enough for his fans. Michael would not want that. Where is this petition?

I don't see what is wrong with them to offer either your money back or a special ticket designed by Michael???

I think the problem people have IF it is the case that they keep all your money if you want a ticket is that it doesn't cost them anywhere near £75 to produce one of those tickets. Keeping some of the refund I don't have a problem with but all of it just doesn't seem right.

Last edited:
Plus if a dvd is released they would get some money from that, that alone would cover any losses they will make. They will probably start selling the merch too & anything else they can think of.

They probably will, of course, but no company in the world would say "hey, we just lost millions, but don't worry, we will sell dvds afterwards to make up for it".
They would have sold the dvds and all the other stuff anyway, so whatever breaks away from the whole "this is it"-project is seen as a loss, not as something to compensate with something else.

Just trying to explain all that a little more thoroughly, because things are getting seriously oversimplified in this thread. Please don't be mad at me ;)

I completely agree with you in one point, though: If AEG announces tomorrow that the tickets will indeed be given out only when you pass on 100% of the ticket money, they will have made a really stupid decision. A little bit of respect for the fans should still have survived.

I think the problem people have IF it is the case that they keep all your money if you want a ticket is that it doesn't cost them anywhere near £75 to produce one of those tickets. Keeping some of the refund I don't have a problem but all of it just doesn't seem right.

That's my issue to the point. They are effectively now charging people £75 for a piece of paper. I understand AEG will be at a major loss here, but surely if they say charged £20 for it (even that is too much) then maybe more people would have taken up on their offer anyway and they would probably make the same amount, if not more, than charging everyone the full price.

£9.50 service charge was for the production of your ticket. So why are we paying £75 for a ticket? I would like them to take my service charge in exchange for my ticket.

That's my issue to the point. They are effectively now charging people £75 for a piece of paper. I understand AEG will be at a major loss here, but surely if they say charged £20 for it (even that is too much) then maybe more people would have taken up on their offer anyway and they would probably make the same amount, if not more, than charging everyone the full price.

I think you are right that if the tickets were offered at a reasonable price most people would go for it, i doubt in this current economy people will pay £75 for a bit of card, when it can go towards paying bills.. i guess we will just see.

Randy Phillips was just interviewed on sky news and it looks like its either your ticket or your refund. I'm sorry but I feel that is not good enough for his fans. Michael would not want that. Where is this petition?

Did the news presenter ask why they are charging a full £75 for the ticket? We were getting Michael for the £75, not just a ticket..

I just watched a full interview with Randy Philips and I feel he is a good man, and showed a lot of emotion. The money from these tickets looks like it may go to the Jackson 'Estate' i.e. Michaels kids, and family (he didnt say that but he said they are his focus now...his "client".)

He said: People have an option, they can keep their tickets and not get a refund or they can get a full refund..
Hmm we better wait till tomorrow to see, but they can't exploit my sadness and are not getting my full money for a piece of paper we can print ourselves if we wanted to!!

You have a choice. Refund or not. So stop complaining. No one is pushing you. Stated it wasn't only them that made the decision, also made with Michael's estate.

Back