MTV try to make the new KOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find people trying to replace Michael quite upsetting and in my opinion i dont find it stupid!

Yes we the fans know that will never happen but i dont want to turn the radio on one day to hear someone announce that the next song to be played is by the king of pop and out blasts Angels or Rock DJ!

So we cant say we dont like him????

No, because you dont know him to judge.

He is from what i have seen arrogant and sooooo in love with him self!

From what you have seen? He puts up that front on stage. Hes actually very humble.

I thought Michael Jackson fans would know best that its not right to judge someone you dont even know like that.......

But I guess that only counts for Michael and not anyone else...hmm.

Ok guys, IMO is very silly idea that someone thinks they can fabricate a new KOP, anyway, IS NOT HAPPENING!!!! No matter how many times they repeat on radio or TV or wherever. Michael was the KOP because ppl chose him, not some agents and marchidise executives. We all know that even if they try it wont work, so save your energy cause this IS NOT HAPPENING!!! :D

A) Where/when did MTV state that Robbie Williams was the new KOP?
B) How can Robbie Williams be the new KOP when he isn't a global superstar? When few people even know who the hell he is in the US (the biggest music market in the world)?

I can't even name one of his songs LOL! I don't think we have to worry about Mr. Williams taking his crown LOL!

No, because you dont know him to judge.

From what you have seen? He puts up that front on stage. Hes actually very humble.

I thought Michael Jackson fans would know best that its not right to judge someone you dont even know like that.......

But I guess that only counts for Michael and not anyone else...hmm.

Okay my friend is a massive fan of Robbie and has met him on many occasions and he is rude and has no times for his fans! So from what i have seen and been told he is not a very nice person!

Ok i dont like the chandlers but i dont know them does that mean i shud keep my dislike to myself???

Just to clear my reply up, I was just stating I haven't heard of him for nearly 10 years. I had to look up who he was. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or comparing him to crap. Just stating, I haven't heard from him in years.

I think we should start a petition to get Chris Martin of Coldplay named the new King of Rock' n 'Roll and then, I don't know, Ne-Yo can be the new Godfather of Soul, why not? Hmm, what other titles are out there that we can give away? ;) (Sorry. I'm trying to have fun with the ridiculous notion, lol.)

I find people trying to replace Michael quite upsetting and in my opinion i dont find it stupid!

Yes we the fans know that will never happen but i dont want to turn the radio on one day to hear someone announce that the next song to be played is by the king of pop and out blasts Angels or Rock DJ!
MIchael will NEVER BE replaced. His place in history is nail in stone now.

Okay my friend is a massive fan of Robbie and has met him on many occasions and he is rude and has no times for his fans! So from what i have seen and been told he is not a very nice person!

Ok i dont like the chandlers but i dont know them does that mean i shud keep my dislike to myself???

You are comparing judging Robbie Williams to the Chandlers.......?

The Chandlers did something really horrible that stands out. Robbie hasnt.

What you say doesnt add up, shes a massive fan of his even if he was rude to her and other fans? Sorry, but I kind of get the impression you made that up in order to prove your point. Your friends a massive fan of Robbie, yet came back from meeting him and told you how horrible he was?! Please dont insult my intelligence.

You are comparing judging Robbie Williams to the Chandlers.......?

The Chandlers did something really horrible that stands out. Robbie hasnt.

What you say doesnt add up, shes a massive fan of his even if he was rude to her and other fans? Sorry, but I kind of get the impression you made that up in order to prove your point. Your friends a massive fan of Robbie, yet came back from meeting him and told you how horrible he was?! Please dont insult my intelligence.

This is an MJ board...if you are not happy, you know where to go. Robbie is overrated and has a massive ego..you can defend him all you like, ain't gonna change jack.

:agree:
I think we should start a petition to get Chris Martin of Coldplay named the new King of Rock' n 'Roll and then, I don't know, Ne-Yo can be the new Godfather of Soul, why not? Hmm, what other titles are out there that we can give away? ;) (Sorry. I'm trying to have fun with the ridiculous notion, lol.)

I looooove Coldplay but then Matthew Bellamy of Muse should be the new King of Rock to be honest :D

This is an MJ board...if you are not happy, you know where to go. Robbie is overrated and has a massive ego..you can defend him all you like, ain't gonna change jack.

So, because you say it....that makes it fact? Now let me ask you. WHO has a massive ego? I think you need to look in the mirror.

Seriously though, thats a terrible attitude to have. People here arent JUST mj fans. So because I like another artist, and try to defend them. I should leave. Right.......

I am just astonished at how certain rules only seem to apply when its to do with Michael.

When its Michael its all 'Why do people judge him when they dont even know him', and 'Why do people base their opinions of him on what they read in the paper!'

But when it comes to other artists, thats fine. Maybe people would start taking us all a little more serious if you applied all those rules to every artist.

There is no point bashing other artists here. This was only a poll on a website, which is voted for by teen girls. They always vote for the bloke that they fancy. Twlight is hardly going to win best movie but it'll still win Best movie at MTV awards. MJ will always be the king of pop-there is no comparison. Please don't make this into a bigger deal than it already is. I don't even like Robbie Williams but it isn't fair to bash him for this.

I dunno why you guys post things this. Things YOU already know the answer to but you post it anyway and work yourselves over because of it.... why even post it when it doesnt even matter? Michael is the king of pop AND MTV knows that. F*** MTV there going to say and do anything for ratings.

So, because you say it....that makes it fact? Now let me ask you. WHO has a massive ego? I think you need to look in the mirror.

Seriously though, thats a terrible attitude to have. People here arent JUST mj fans. So because I like another artist, and try to defend them. I should leave. Right.......

I am just astonished at how certain rules only seem to apply when its to do with Michael.

When its Michael its all 'Why do people judge him when they dont even know him', and 'Why do people base their opinions of him on what they read in the paper!'

But when it comes to other artists, thats fine. Maybe people would start taking us all a little more serious if you applied all those rules to every artist.

dude just give up.....this "debate" ain't gonna go anywhere, people have different ideas and thoughts and usually these conversations lead to the thread being closed, you are over reacting, take a chill pill...I'm out.

dude just give up.....this "debate" ain't gonna go anywhere, people have different ideas and thoughts and usually these conversations lead to the thread being closed, you are over reacting, take a chill pill...I'm out.

I dont recall over reacting. Ive allways argued my point calmly.

You however, basically told me I should leave the forum if im not happy with what I read.

Ive allways been taught to stand up for what I believe in, so im not just going to stay quiet when I think something being said is unfair in fear of the thread being closed. Threads like this shouldnt even be posted in the first place tbh.

though no artist should be bashed, people afford special protection for MJ here, because it's an MJ board. they come here for MJ haven, for him and his fans. and we all know that MJ gets 'special' treatment in the media that no other artist gets.

if this was a Robbie Williams fanboard, he would get the same treatment..and often, other artists, such as MJ get lot worse treatment over on those boards.

so, you can understand the protectionist attitude toward Mj on an MJ board.

now...if there is a board that is an 'every artist in the world' board..well...(and i mean, the entire site, not just one section) then, most likely, everybody will have at it, in a fair..or..unfair way to ALL artists.

the title of the site, understandably, makes all the difference.

it has to be admitted though, MJ sites happen to be the biggest sites in the world, for obvious reasons.

wow I can't believe how unpopular he is outside Europe, no one even knows of him. I know of him of course, but that just proves the point that Michael has audience worldwide, unlike Robbie... MTV are idiots. Who cares what they say/do?

King Of Pop will always remain the title associated with the one and only - Michael Jackson.
:agree:

But seriously I thought I knew everyone in the entertainment industry...until I saw this thread and its title...I was in shock...Someone that I've never seen,or heard a song from is to be the next KOP?:hysterical:

I used to think the KOP title was too little for MJ anyways.:smilerolleyes: He's much more than music.They dont have a fitting title for MJ's grandiose yet.

I agree with someone who said that no one's rushing to find the next king of rock and roll...why are they in a rush for KOP? they've been trying to do this to MJ ever since he was alive by insinuating that Justine Timberlake, Usher or Chris Brown was the next KOP, let em keep fooling around, pathetic losers.:ermm:

Does this guy even dance?:mello:

Someone who the European media has been pimping for the past 10 years, He's a nobody a big headed looser, that's what he is.

Read my posts above. Jeeeeeeeeez. People!

Hes hardly a nobody or a loser. Hes a massive star all over Europe.

Before anyone tells me, no.......I will not leave it.

Unlike some of you, I keep an open mind on EVERYTHING. Not just Michael.

he is an MJ hater

Yeah, thats why he wrote a song about him on his new album :O

Never said he's a nobody or a loser. I'm pretty sure he has talent which has lended him to being discussed right now, but the problem is that he is no where near MJ's calibre...

I don't know the guy at all. I will google him later though.

I dont care about that title anymore as I think MJ's more than a King of Pop. It only crosses the line when people say that so and so will be the next Michael Jackson.

LOL, plus MJ is everything and more.:cheeky:. 4EVER.

How amusing..Robbie Williams the new KOP. Thats hilarious. I'm sure this was said some years ago that he was the new KOP. Obviously it didnt stick if they're still trying sell that one to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back