MTV Talking to MJ About Upcoming Video Awards

joemjni1

Proud Member
MTV Networks President confirmed to Entertainment Weekly (issue July 11, 2008) that they are talking to a number of high-profile stars about appearing on the Sept. 7 show, including Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
like that is going to get me to watch that suck azz station :lol: Nice try CRAPtv :hysterical: OOOO we are talking to michael jackson and he may come ... aint it a little early to be pushing the ratings of a show that is two months away ?? dorkwads !!

yeah on second thought, ur right chichi.

MJ needs to go on the BET awards...skip MTV anyway.

This happens EVERY YEAR. They say Michael may attend and get everyone hyped up and tuned in and he almost never shows up.

I don't think he'll show up again after the "Artist of the Millenium" stunt

MTV: "we're not worthy we're not worthy but could ja please please please come to our whack show michael!":hysterical:

ME: Don't do it michael don't do it.:hysterical:

Gosh man michael cut a few vocals and now everybody wanta be on his nuts.:hysterical:
Get it MIKEEEE!:punk:

Last edited:
grrrrr...If i'm made to watch another awards show with my finger on the record button......

I mean, I love award shows...but DONT tell me Michael Jackson ids coming if he's not!!!!! lol!

Oh, they really need him. All that events are nothing without Michael. Of course they would want him. That's the way they get attention for their show. They know the whole world would watch it. But this time, they have to give him an award if they want him to come.

Oh, they really need him. All that events are nothing without Michael. Of course they would want him. That's the way they get attention for their show. They know the whole world would watch it. But this time, they have to give him an award if they want him to come.
If MJ goes he would do well to check the awrd first before writing his acceptance speech. I wouldn't trust Mtv after there last prank.

I don't understand how they have a music video awards show when they don't show videos.

One thing is for sure though, when Michaels does the MTV awards, MTV do go full out and they put alot more money into the sets and stuff than any other show does, look at 1991 & 1995, Michael gets what he wants with them

I would actually be sick to my stomach if Michael would attend the MTV VMAs.

Just look what they did to Britney Spears last year. First, they allowed her to perform despite widespread common knowledge that she was both unstable and unprepared at the time. Then, immediately following her opening act, they allowed Sarah Silverman to viciously attack both her and her children (calling them mistakes) for an extended amount of time on stage. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, yet nobody seemed to care or even talk about it because it was apparently more popular to make fun of Britney at the time :rolleyes:.

After what MTV has done to Michael in the past and the way they totally downplayed his significance to the network for the 25 year anniversary, that would be the very last music awards show I would ever want to see him attend again. It's a complete joke, as are most of the other award shows these days. American Music Awards is another one that I cringe at the thought of Michael appearing. A lot of these specials thrive on controversy.

Last edited:

Just look what they did to Britney Spears last year. First, they allowed her to perform despite widespread common knowledge that she was both unstable and unprepared at the time. Then, immediately following her opening act, they allowed Sarah Silverman to viciously attack both her and her children (calling them mistakes) for an extended amount of time on stage. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, yet nobody seemed to care or even talk about it because it was apparently more popular to make fun of Britney at the time :rolleyes:.

After what MTV has done to Michael in the past and the way they totally downplayed his significance to the network for the 25 year anniversary, that would be the very last music awards show I would ever want to see him attend again. It's a complete joke, as are most of the other award shows these days. American Music Awards is another one that I cringe at the thought of Michael appearing. A lot of these specials thrive on controversy.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

MJ should start charging for the use of his name. It could live off that alone.

Truer words have never been spoken. :rofl:

Edit: And I agree with TSCM on the point about MTV. Ick!

Last edited:
MTV Networks President confirmed to Entertainment Weekly (issue July 11, 2008) that they are talking to a number of high-profile stars about appearing on the Sept. 7 show, including Michael Jackson.

Thanks for posting.

Now, I am going to look at the bright side - I hope that this is true. Hear me out. I know that crappy MTV VMAs played MJ back in 2002. However, if they apologized to MJ for what they did, then it is all good. (I doubt they did, but Mike tends to move on.) I wonder if MTV were also talking to Prince and Madge about their award show as well. Wouldn't it be cool if MJ, Prince and Madonna did a huge performance together since they are all going to be 50 at that time, and they ruled MTV for much of the 1980s when MTV meant something? I mean, think about the BET Awards making it hot regarding the performances and special guests. I wouldn't be shocked if the BET Awards beat the MTV VMAs in the ratings a few times. Let's face it: MTV is basically about crappy reality show (I like the Hills, LOL.) and the like.

Let's not forget about HMH. This could be possible. I am just being positve and I know that a lot of fans will be bashing MTV Vmas so.....go ahead.

I hope he told them to kiss his skinny ass.

Thanks for posting.

Now, I am going to look at the bright side - I hope that this is true. Hear me out. I know that crappy MTV VMAs played MJ back in 2002. However, if they apologized to MJ for what they did, then it is all good. (I doubt they did, but Mike tends to move on.) I wonder if MTV were also talking to Prince and Madge about their award show as well. Wouldn't it be cool if MJ, Prince and Madonna did a huge performance together since they are all going to be 50 at that time, and they ruled MTV for much of the 1980s when MTV meant something? I mean, think about the BET Awards making it hot regarding the performances and special guests. I wouldn't be shocked if the BET Awards beat the MTV VMAs in the ratings a few times. Let's face it: MTV is basically about crappy reality show (I like the Hills, LOL.) and the like.

Let's not forget about HMH. This could be possible. I am just being positve and I know that a lot of fans will be bashing MTV Vmas so.....go ahead.

now that would be one hell of a performance :yes:

I completely agree. MTV have trashed Michael at every turn. Now they supposedly want to beg him to be on their show after treating him like dirt for years. I personally hope he stays as far away from them as he can get. They don't deserve him.

Last edited:
This kind of thing could only benefit Michael. But frankly, they don't deserve Michael. He's become, oh I don't know, too good for them.

Now they supposedly want to beg him to be on their show after treating him like dirt for years

That is so funny to me. They now know that they are crap and are now trying to "make amends" by trying to get MJ on their so called VMA award show. Pathetic. We see a network desperate for high ratings and they know that getting MJ (or trying to) on their award "show" can give them the best ratings they ever had in a long time. They forget that since 2002, their show has been lackluster and trashy. Their network is not about music videos anymore, it is about reality shows that could be scripted. (Even though I like the Hills, it is possible that it is scripted.) What they did to Britney last year was the remix of evil and to add insult to injury, that ugly Sarah Silverman trashed the poor woman and her children. Blah. I would love MJ to come there for the hell of it and cuss MTV off for allowing them to play that terrible Eminem video and playing him in 2002.

now that would be one hell of a performance

Yes, it would have been.

Last edited:
Oh, God, I hope Michael saves his performances for BET and the Grammies. Please stay far away from MTV. If anybody isn't relevant anymore, it is MTV.

ugh..other rumor** i hate being hyped up....

Back