Michael’s personal chef Kai Chase talks about upcoming book ‘Fit for a King’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
A new version of Michael’s last days will be coming to light by year’s end, with the release of Fit for a King, the first cookbook from celebrity chef Kai Chase.

In an interview with Chase about the March 18 Drawing Hope International Gala Masquerade event in Beverly Hills, for which she is providing some of her trademark cultural fusion cuisine. Kai Chase, who has cooked for luminaries including Mary J. Blige and President Obama, was also Michael’s personal chef, and as soon as his name comes up, the conversation shifted. Chase makes it clear his impact on her life was profound.

She tells us, “When you read the book, you’ll see how things were different” as far as the portrayal of Michael’s world. “I was feeding him and his children. He was going to rehearsals and the recording studio. He was energized, looking good, feeling good. I want to talk about the fun times — the practical jokes played on me in the house, me and the kids planting gardens. I was seeing him every day and working with him every day. He talked to me about a lot of things, as a boss and as a friend — how to move on with your career, write books, this and that.” However, “I was let go at a certain point,” recalls Chase. She was back at the mansion the day Michael died.

Since then, her list of celebrity clients has grown, and “a lot of things are really coming to the forefront right now,” notes the chef, who listens to Michael’s “Keep the Faith” song because “it keeps me inspired and motivated for greatness. The blessings keep pouring down. Sometimes I think he has something to do with that, and imagine him and God high-fiving.”

Source: http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2012/03/10/new-version-of-michael-jackson’s-last-days-coming/

We will see...

Is it a cook book or is it a book about Michael's last days?
A mix of both, I guess.

It's not something I would just buy and see if it's good.
Some excerpts will surely be posted somewhere and those I'll read, but that's about it.
I have nothing against this woman, but I don't like her or anything, either, like I feel like supporting her career move.
You know what I mean?

Yes I also think it sounds like a mixture of both. But it sounds odd to me and I hope it's not a dietary countdown to Michael's passing as that would be too macabre.

If its a cook book, the title is misleading and... well, quite convenient...
If its the account of the last days with Michael, well...

In both cases, I'd rather shut up bc I'm tired of the same scheme over and over.

If she was a real Chef, she will not blablabla about Mike or his diet. She will continue to work as a Chef, that's it.

Anything for money.

I'd better buy her cook book with favorite Michael's recipes than another one personal look at his last days. I want just a cook book and I'm a little bit tired of staff tales and books to be honest lol

OK I'm a person who welcomes books by those who where there like, frank, frank, mac, liz taylor, you know the bunch that were close till the end... but this sounds just weird.

Money makes the world go round and round.... all though, and it's just because I love cooking and food, I would love to know what Michael loved to eat and stuff like that. But not like this.....

Money makes the world go round and round.... all though, and it's just because I love cooking and food, I would love to know what Michael loved to eat and stuff like that. But not like this.....
that's the thing. if she'd come out with a cookbook of food he enjoyed it'd be fun. but to have it mixed with stories? i mean witch is it? a cookbook or book with stories of your ex boss?

that's the thing. if she'd come out with a cookbook of food he enjoyed it'd be fun. but to have it mixed with stories? i mean witch is it? a cookbook or book with stories of your ex boss?

It's just sorta sad and pathetic is what it is....Using the cooking as an excuse to slip in personal stories of Michael....:smilerolleyes:

Boy you can never please some MJ fans on here lol.

I like her. She doesn't seem shady like certain people who wrote recent books. FYI, She actually has her OWN business so she has money. She defended Mike well in the CM trial.

Honestly I don't mind personal books about Mike just as long it's not revealing or gossipy. It's partial cookbook so that's cool.

Btw the kids seem to love her, remember what Prince tweeted the same day Kai testified saying how much they loved her and missed her. Paris retweeted a tweet from Kai the other day.

^^^ This

I look forward to it. :) Recipes and some light hearted stories about Michael.
Michael should be written about - forever. Some people think his name should
never be mentioned again, That would be soooo sad.

Another one cashing in. cause thats all it is at the end of the day whether it be positive or negative. tacky tacky tacky

I don't know, I think I'll just wait and see what form this book takes before I make any assumptions. Kai seems to be a nice person to me, so hopefully whatever she presents will be well done.

Last edited:
In my opinion there can never be enough POSITIVE books written about our Michael so I’ll support this one. I think that every time MJ is publically spoken about in a good light it helps erase the many negative lies that have been said and written about him. Go Kai!

So is she going to write what MJ ate the last day/night b4 he passed away?
Well, I don't wanna judge her before I read the book (if I'll read it), because as for now I thought she was really sweet, humble woman, who loved MJ's kids and really enjoyed working for MJ. But it just doesn't feel right trying to cash on his name.

She is a woman who met Michael and he talked to her.
She can write down what she saw and heard and doesn´t have to go to other persons and ask them what Michael did and what he said.

Every situation is different when writing about Michael. One siz doesnt fit all
If it is positive and done respectfully it carrys on his legacy in a good light.

Michael stated he didnt care if people wrote about him, all he requested is it be truthful and respectful.

Boy you can never please some MJ fans on here lol.

I like her. She doesn't seem shady like certain people who wrote recent books. FYI, She actually has her OWN business so she has money. She defended Mike well in the CM trial.

Honestly I don't mind personal books about Mike just as long it's not revealing or gossipy. It's partial cookbook so that's cool.

Btw the kids seem to love her, remember what Prince tweeted the same day Kai testified saying how much they loved her and missed her. Paris retweeted a tweet from Kai the other day.

I just think fans are cautious at this point. I'm one that had been anxiously awaiting the bodyguards book, then they defended Murray. Not saying that would be the case with Ms. Chase at all, just cite them as an example of many disappointments that have led to low expectations and even suspicion about people relating their thoughts and writing them on MJ. Especially when they have to appease a publisher to get them published.

Plus, when you realize Ms. Chase was in his life for about 12 weeks total, you realize it's not going to be just "partial" recipes. To fill a book, unless it's a booklet, it's going to be mostly recipes because she wasn't in Michael's sphere long. Yet the book will be titled in a way to entice MJ's fans to buy it, which is fine. I love great stories about MJ, but it's definitely a wait and see kind of scenario for me than any expectation that it is really going to be something worthwhile purchasing.

I just think fans are cautious at this point. I'm one that had been anxiously awaiting the bodyguards book, then they defended Murray. Not saying that would be the case with Ms. Chase at all, just cite them as an example of many disappointments that have led to low expectations and even suspicion about people relating their thoughts and writing them on MJ. Especially when they have to appease a publisher to get them published.

Plus, when you realize Ms. Chase was in his life for about 12 weeks total, you realize it's not going to be just "partial" recipes. To fill a book, unless it's a booklet, it's going to be mostly recipes because she wasn't in Michael's sphere long. Yet the book will be titled in a way to entice MJ's fans to buy it, which is fine. I love great stories about MJ, but it's definitely a wait and see kind of scenario for me than any expectation that it is really going to be something worthwhile purchasing.
OK. I totally understand what you are saying. I get skeptical when someone is writing a book on MJ, too (the Bodyguards I don't care for anymore). But Kai seems very genuine regardless. We will wait and see what happens.

I wouldn't mind finding out about the recipes of Michael's favourite food!!!!

But I doubt this book will have the secret to KFC!!!!!

I am confused. This book is about Michael and what she cooked for him and his kids? Or a general book of recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back