Michaelmas is coming...............UPDATED!

Sparticus! I like that.

Very sweet suggestion about the cards Spoonie.

Becca suggested everyone wearing their MJJC user name on a badge, so people can recognise each other on the night.

I think that's a great idea!

Maybe I'll just wear a spoon, incorparate it into a necklace or something :D I remember at TII last year (a year ago today can you believe it?) somebody had a name badge but didn't wear it in the end. And at some meet ups there have been people with shirts with names on too.

It's a shame Motsey doesn't like to give out his real name, he could have saved time and effort and just worn his works name badge haha.

Whoop! Going to make a festive/Michael name badge :) of course if I forget/run out of time I'll be the one with a hastily scribbled post it note.

Whoop! Going to make a festive/Michael name badge :) of course if I forget/run out of time I'll be the one with a hastily scribbled post it note.

Ha ha! Knowing what I'm like, I'll prob. end up hastily scribbling mine too!

Can't believe this is only a month away...:clapping:

We need to make arrangements about meeting up for Thriller Live too hon.

What time shall we all meet and where?

aww wow - this sounds great!! Are there any places to stay for the night near this event?

Thanks
Jackie xx

For accommodation in Brighton, there is a Travelodge on West Street, close to the venue.

View Larger Map

Brighton, East Sussex BN1 2RQ
0871 984 6405

--

Another hotel close-by is the Hotel Du Vin, on Ship Street.
(West Street is visible, showing how close the two hotels are).

View Larger Map

2-6 Ship St
Brighton BN1 1AD
01273 718 588

--

There are plenty of others, but these two are the closest to the venue itself. Remember to book well in advance to save money and avoid problems.

Hey Jackie,

There's a much cheaper hotel which isn't far from the venue at all, called the Beach Hotel. It's right on the seafront.

I know it, 'cause my folks stay there when they come down. A single room's around £ 30. Here's the link:

http://www.beachotel.co.uk/tariff.htm

The ones Tom recommended are handy for the venue but are both quite expensive, as I'd already them visited them to enquire about rooms when I knew people would want to stay over in Brighton. If you share a room at the Travelodge however, it work out about £ 45 per person.

Tom - thanks for the suggestions 'though hon. Please don't think I was trying to highjack your post! :)

BingBong;3041298 said:
Hey Jackie,

There's a much cheaper hotel which isn't far from the venue at all, called the Beach Hotel. It's right on the seafront.

I know it, 'cause my folks stay there when they come down. A single room's around £ 30. Here's the link:

The ones Tom recommended are handy for the venue but are both quite expensive, as I'd already them visited them to enquire about rooms when I knew people would want to stay over in Brighton. If you share a room at the Travelodge however, it work out about £ 45 per person.

Tom - thanks for the suggestions 'though hon. Please don't think I was trying to highjack your post! :)

Hehe no problemo ;) Wasn't aware of that hotel, so thanks!

Lol but it was soooooo funny!!!!!! Memories from Saturday are gradually flooding back lol!

I know. I so needed just a big old carefree laugh. Here's to Michaelmas being even more fun! :D
Honestly though, it's a brilliant night, anyone who can come down should :)

Maybe if there's a few staying in Brighton we can meet for a bit the next day too?

I'm definitely up for meeting up with everyone the next day.

Perhaps we should arrange a little get together beforehand too? Maybe a pre 'Michael-mas' cocktail fest?!! :cheers:

The venue's right in town, so there are plenty of friendly places to meet up.

Spoonie - What time are you thinking of getting into Brighton?

Spoonie - What time are you thinking of getting into Brighton?

Not sure yet, was going to come up sort of saturday evening but could come earlier. Motsey just suggested we go earlier and make a whole weekend of it so guess we'll be there during the day on saturday :)

BingBong;3041298 said:
Hey Jackie,

wow thank BingBong :)

and thank you Tom

:) xxxxxxxxxx

Pre Michaelmas cocktails sounds like a brilliant idea. And I'm up for meeting up on Sunday. I'm in no rush as I have Michaelmas week off work plus off on the Monday, need that to recover lol!

Yay! Glad drunken me didn't scare you off! :ninja:

You asked me like a thousand times if I was putting you off! :p Honestly don't worry, we're all friends after all ;)

Lol but it was soooooo funny!!!!!! Memories from Saturday are gradually flooding back lol!

Clear as day :ninja:

I'm not in any hurry to go back on Sunday so I'll probably stay around to mumble through the following morning :p

I wanna book into a hotel where we are all staying.. we could try to sneak in afters. :fear: :lol:

Have booked into the travelodge, I did look at the other hotel that somebody linked to but there was a notice saying they don't normally accept bookings for saturday nights only or something?

I guess you don't remember asking if it was a banana you could see in the distance either? :mello:

Stacey: 'Soph is that a bananna I can see in the distance?'
Me: 'Dunno Stace, I think so, it looks like a banana!'

Back