Michael will be in "we are the world

The short version should not be playing again. The full version is much much better. T-Pains part should be deleted pronto.

I haven't seen it yet but what do you guys mean by auto tune? From what I am reading so far not many are impressed with this. I wish they had left it alone. Classics are classics for a reason and it doing a new version is never better than the original. You see it all the time when people do remakes. The artists of today should write something new. I think they only kept Michael in it because his mother requested. Even if she didn't he should still have been a part of it in some way because he wrote the song and had a lot to do with it in the first place.

mjgif6.gif

WOW!! :O

I didn't even know it will be that BAD!

Wyclef... what was that? :lol:

It's for a good cause and I hope the general public will still support it.

LMFAO! :lol: That gif sums up my reaction pretty much. I watched the longer and I just wanna say if the following wasn't included, it would've been a lot better and I would've liked it more:

Justin Beiber singing the opening line
Miley Cyrus singing her line (Though, I can't believe I'm saying this, it wasn't so bad. Just would've preferred someone else)
Lil' Wayne
Akon
T-Pain
Basically all that autotune bullsh*t! (WHY do people need to put that sh*t in nearly every song?! This song did NOT need it! The autotune just annoyed the f*ck out of me!)

Of the artists that I listed above, they should've let better singers do those lines. Also, I wasn't a big fan of Wyclef's...what was that? Screaming? ...In the video. :/

It was great hearing MJ on the track, but, like many have said, I can't really hear Janet. Speaking MJ and Janet, the part where they both appear in the video just felt...awkward to me. Bad editing. It's like they rushed and just put that part of the video together at the last minute. It could've been better.

If I could give it a grade, I'd give it a C...and I'm being generous. It just doesn't have the same magic and quality of the original to me. At least it's for a good cause.

Last edited:
Apparently Quincy hasn't been quiet the same producer ever since he left Michael.. (...) Quincy's vain attempts to ''create'' and introduce the world a ''new Michael Jackson' in the 1990s are not forgotten.. e.g. Tevin Campbell

I honestly think Quincy is overrated. Remember he is the one that did not want Billie Jean to be part of Thriller! It was after Michael's insistence that it was part of the album. Michael was producer of all his albums and always had the final say.

Don't attack me ya'll but I think having MJ's visual in the video was a bit...strange. I think they should have kept just his voice in. The way they cut straight to the EXCAT fotage from the original was kinda random and Janet's split screen appearnce didn't help. Idk, maybe it wasn't the whole video...

And don't get me started on the others...the whole thing was just a mess. I felt it as soon as I saw (and heard) JB's opening...wowzers!

I agree.. The editing was terrible. But the whole beat of the song threw me off the most. I hate that it was turned into a kind of hip hop song. Total mess :doh:

I honestly think Quincy is overrated. Remember he is the one that did not want Billie Jean to be part of Thriller! It was after Michael's insistence that it was part of the album. Michael was producer of all his albums and always had the final say.

Really? I can't imagine no Billie Jean. I still get goosebumps hearing the first beats of the song. Was it Michael that left Qunicy? I always thought Michael wanted to grow and move on. He left motown and then moved on from qunicy.

Really? I can't imagine no Billie Jean. I still get goosebumps hearing the first beats of the song. Was it Michael that left Qunicy? I always thought Michael wanted to grow and move on. He left motown and then moved on from qunicy.
It was Michael, it wasn't Quincy I was being sarcastic when I said Quincy left MJ.

yeah no Billie Jean? what an idiot! shorty after Michael left us I was out driving around with my best friend and Billie Jean came on, we rolled down the windows and turned it all the way up and sang along, my favorite!

For sure is.
heck the one from his memorial service was 100% better
Agree.

see..that's what makes me appreciate that MJ did more than just sing, in a studio session. and wasn't going to leave with something with his name on it, where he actually participated in the making of it. no matter how radio people edited it, or let the long version play..if MJ produced it...it still came out right.
Very true, that's exactly what made him unique.

I'm actually liking the rap verse more and more. I think LL Cool J did a good job with the lyrics and he has Michael's message of Love in it. "we are the world united by love so strong"

I'm actually liking the rap verse more and more. I think LL Cool J did a good job with the lyrics and he has Michael's message of Love in it. "we are the world united by love so strong"

Yeah, I honestly didn't have a problem with the rap verse either. It just reminded me of the rap portion in the "What's Going On" All Star Tribute that was done back in 2001 for 9/11 and AIDS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMo8L1W-_rY

OMG. Just after listening to the long version again. Listen to Jamie Foxx trying to sound like/be like Ray Charles from 5:40 to 5:50. LOL.

It was Michael, it wasn't Quincy I was being sarcastic when I said Quincy left MJ.

Oh okay lol. I always thought it was Michael. I mean why else would Quincy have almost like a grudge against Michael. It feels like that anyways.

OMG. Just after listening to the long version again. Listen to Jamie Foxx trying to sound like/be like Ray Charles from 5:40 to 5:50. LOL.

ok...... seriously i was waiting for this to download to donate again. but i won't be downloading, they have butchered it.

but i will donate additional $$$ to the redcross though:agree: the people of Haiti have been so inspiring. but WATW remake is crap. :doh:

My understanding is that Michael left Quincy because like you mentioned he wanted to grow and work with other producers. He took a great risk since he was doing so well with Qunicy on those first 3 albums, but great artists, or any successful person take risks - it is a characteristc of legendary and incredibly successful ppl - Michael made the right move and that is one of the many reasons he is the legend that he is!!:clapping:

ok...... seriously i was waiting for this to download to donate again. but i won't be downloading, they have butchered it.

but i will donate additional $$$ to the redcross though:agree: the people of Haiti have been so inspiring. but WATW remake is crap. :doh:

I listened to the long version, and I didn't like it at all. First of all what is all that rap about, and the yelling and that - echo singing?? is that the auto tune ppl are talking about?? Why couldn't they just kept it like the original?? This is crap! The only things that I loved was Michael's parts - the harmony was all his (I think Janet just lip synced - and I am glad because it should have been just Michael's part) and also his other part which was from the original. I was happy to see him, but also sad at the same time. I guess he was the only one from the original in it, but I have a feeling that it wasn't their original intentions to have him there, but tell me who could've been able to do those parts like only he can??

This whole thing is bittersweet for me. Maybe I'll just try to buy the original version if it is available. God bless you Michael for writing this inspirational song! You are the World!:angel:

gee i thought it was ok. apart from the radom screaching on occasion. and i'm glad mj got to sing some on his own.

My understanding is that Michael left Quincy because like you mentioned he wanted to grow and work with other producers. He took a great risk since he was doing so well with Qunicy on those first 3 albums, but great artists, or any successful person take risks - it is a characteristc of legendary and incredibly successful ppl - Michael made the right move and that is one of the many reasons he is the legend that he is!!:clapping:
I think he did the right thing too. 3 albums with the same producer is pretty good but eventually you want to expand and learn new things. If Qunicy disliked Michael after that it's too bad because I don't think Michael would ever disrespect Qunicy. He always thanked him long after they stopped working together.

I think he did the right thing too. 3 albums with the same producer is pretty good but eventually you want to expand and learn new things. If Qunicy disliked Michael after that it's too bad because I don't think Michael would ever disrespect Qunicy. He always thanked him long after they stopped working together.

I think,unfortunately there was always this resentment on the part of Quincy because of the fact that Michael left him. After all, look how successful Quincy was with Michael. But Quincy should have understood. Instead Quincy disrespects him and talks crap about him even after his death? That's just not right - not at all!

I think,unfortunately there was always this resentment on the part of Quincy because of the fact that Michael left him. After all, look how successful Quincy was with Michael. But Quincy should have understood. Instead Quincy disrespects him and talks crap about him even after his death? That's just not right - not at all!

Didn't Quincy work with other artists too? He was still successful after not working with Michael anymore. I don't get the resentment and bad talk towards Michael. It's not right at all.

Didn't Quincy work with other artists too? He was still successful after not working with Michael anymore. I don't get the resentment and bad talk towards Michael. It's not right at all.
Quincy's ''success'' as a music producer pretty much faded/stopped after Michael gave him the boot, unless you count his work with Tevin Campbell and his likes who had only limited success for a short period of time ''success'.

I'm one of the outcasts on here that find that song not that bad. It goes without saying that the original can't be touched in any way, but of course the artists had to be younger ones, popular ones in order to sell the song.

Of course, there were parts I don't agree with, but geez, does it help the Haiti people?

As I already mentioned, you don't have to support that song in order to help the people but complaining about it and surrouding yourself with negative emotions doesn't help either, does it?

Well, on that I have to say I'm happy that Michael, Janet and 3T were in it. To be honest, seeing the old footage made me cry again, because it made me realize that's all what we have left of Michael.... footage :cry:
There were other singers I liked, but too tired to count them. But I was also happy that Mary Mary were in it, I love these gurls.

They can all go to hell puttin a rap verse in there. What a complete and utter joke.

And AUTOTUNE! (T Pain/Lil Wayne)

Back