Michael will be in "we are the world

Feel my wrath

(Janet, Mike, 3t and other talent artists who got sucked in this doesnt include you guys)

drink_stare.gif

281160490921c2b1c98f9cb8914c43db612.gif

ashitmess.jpg

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Feel my wrath

(Janet, Mike, 3t and other talent artists who got sucked in this doesnt include you guys)

drink_stare.gif

281160490921c2b1c98f9cb8914c43db612.gif

ashitmess.jpg

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

i'm gunna have to learn your method of posting. it just blows me away.

People need to realise this is a wake up call to how bad our music is these days. Todays finest artists are on this project and its a complete fail. Comparing to what music was back to the original WATW. Wow! This is bad!

Some of you are doing way too much. All this bitching is unnecessary. In 15 years or so you'll look back at this and laugh. The song isn't meant to be groundbreaking or anything. It's just one big ass pop culture cheeseball, like the original.

Some of you are doing way too much. All this bitching is unnecessary. In 15 years or so you'll look back at this and laugh. The song isn't meant to be groundbreaking or anything. It's just one big ass pop culture cheeseball, like the original.

The original touched my heart
but this one makes me cringe

People need to realise this is a wake up call to how bad our music is these days. Todays finest artists are on this project and its a complete fail. Comparing to what music was back to the original WATW. Wow! This is bad!
image-0FFB_4B4DD026.gif

I haven't seen it yet but what do you guys mean by auto tune? From what I am reading so far not many are impressed with this.

I thought auto tune was what recording engineers use to make singers electronically sing in tune. I guess it can also alter the voice with special effects? I don't really know.

Clarify anyone?

It makes me wonder if they are going to have a We are the world 50th?

And who will orchestrate that? What are you thoughts?

I don't think it's a complete failure but the first one will always be better.
I watched the original video after the new one and you can see the passion in everyone there and they really work hard to make it sound good I definitely miss that in the new vid.

And of course the auto tune is awful.

Are there two versions?

long version and short version?

LOS ANGELES – The revamped "We Are the World" made its world premiere Friday during NBC's coverage of the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, and a simultaneous worldwide screening of the full, seven-minute version of the music video is planned for Saturday.
The worldwide simulcast on 53 domestic and international channels is planned for 2 p.m. (1900 GMT) Eastern time.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100213/ap_en_mu/us_we_are_the_world

When did this actually air? 'cause I watched the damn opening ceremonies from beginning to end and I did not see it! All of 3 hours wasted waiting for the premiere of the video with sleep just killing me and then nothing!:doh: So when did this actually air? could'nt have been that first hour on NBC 'cause that was not apart of the opening ceremony.

And to now be able to see and hear the new video and song, I gotta say I want those wasted 3 hours back. The song had some good parts to it but the rap and autotune mess killed it. The faces just blurred together, you did'nt even know who was who and don't get me started on the much hyped MJ/JJ collab 'cause that just did not go off well. Was Janet supposed to be heard 'cause I sure did'nt hear a word from her mouth, it was all Michael.

Like I thought at the out set, a new song should've been written for this cause, it would'nt have been that hard to do. This whole thing looked and obviously was rushed!

LOS ANGELES – The revamped "We Are the World" made its world premiere Friday during NBC's coverage of the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, and a simultaneous worldwide screening of the full, seven-minute version of the music video is planned for Saturday.
The worldwide simulcast on 53 domestic and international channels is planned for 2 p.m. (1900 GMT) Eastern time.

And now reading this and finding out that the longer version will air today just makes me want my wasted 3hrs. back even more!

i kinda felt michael's presence in the video, seeing all the different type of artists coing together for a common spelled michael's message, it might not be as great as the original but i think they trying to get the young kids motivated with the artists of today

we are the world is a world wide athem and one of the biggest selling singles of all time 25 yrs and still going strong :)

Quincy's ''success'' as a music producer pretty much faded/stopped after Michael gave him the boot, unless you count his work with Tevin Campbell and his likes who had only limited success for a short period of time ''success'.

I don't even know who Tevin Campbell is lol. He still should have treated Michael with respect. I remember reading something where Michael fought for Quincy to be his producer for Off the Wall. I could be wrong but he had faith in Quincy and all I hear is him badmouth Michael.

I don't even know who Tevin Campbell is lol. He still should have treated Michael with respect. I remember reading something where Michael fought for Quincy to be his producer for Off the Wall. I could be wrong but he had faith in Quincy and all I hear is him badmouth Michael.

You guys Michael never booted Quincy, Quincy referred Teddy Riley to Michael!!! Michael said "The door is always opened" for Quincy.

Anyways moving on to the topic, I can't wait until this song is out of my memory.....this is not directed towards 3T, Janet and the other people who wanted to use their talent to help out.

You guys Michael never booted Quincy, Quincy referred Teddy Riley to Michael!!! Michael said "The door is always opened" for Quincy.

Anyways moving on to the topic, I can't wait until this song is out of my memory.....this is not directed towards 3T, Janet and the other people who wanted to use their talent to help out.

I see. I still haven't heard the new version. I am afraid lol.

I saw it, I heard it - after this I had to listen couple times the original version over and over again to get the new one out of my mind.
I knew it'd be different, I didn't expect it'd be better... but I hoped it won't be soo bad. I know it's for the right cause, but I don't even feel the spirit of the song. I guess no one wanted to compare himself with MJ's vocals, so it's good they were untouched, shame we can barely hear Janet on it.
You shouldn't touch things that were already perfect, Mr. Jones...

Just seen a clip of Lionel talking about the song on Oprah and he tells a very funny story about Michael from the time they wrote WATW in his room! Lionel mentions how they were sitting on the floor in Michael's room when suddenly Lionel sees some records fall over. Michael then calmly goes 'oh good I've found the snake!' Proceed to a very scared looking Lionel with Muscles two feet away from his face! :lol:

Just seen a clip of Lionel talking about the song on Oprah and he tells a very funny story about Michael from the time they wrote WATW in his room! Lionel mentions how they were sitting on the floor in Michael's room when suddenly Lionel sees some records fall over. Michael then calmly goes 'oh good I've found the snake!' Proceed to a very scared looking Lionel with Muscles two feet away from his face! :lol:

OMG poor Lionel! I would have crapped my pants, I hate snakes

Back