Michael to be honored at Soul train Awards, Nov.3rd 2009

We were gypped.

The Soul Train award for MJ had no one singing his music in tribute, and had no one accepting the award in his behalf. Where were members of the Jackson family during this show? Jermaine, Marlon, Randy, LaToya...or even Joe would've been fine in this case. No representative from Sony, Columbia Pictures, AEG or MJ's own staff bothered to show up? Mr. DiLeo? Mr. McClain?

Ohhhhh. I got you. The Motown tribute. Yea, The Jacksons should have been a part of the Motown tribute since they were the last major act to come out of the old era of Motown.

Mods please change the title of this thread to read:

Michael To Be Dishonored At Soul Train Awards, Nov. 3rd

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

Marty In LA

That soul train was SUCKS. I am so disappointed nobody didn't pay tribute to him or do his songs.

Yeah. It comes on again later tonight but I aint trying to see it.
My time feels wasted watching the whole show.
It was the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time.
I never heard or read that it was a Legends Award show.
But thats cool. W/e.
And I'm still trying to understand this so called "honor Michael" stuff.
I must have blinked cuz I think I missed it! :blink:
Did the show seem "thrown together" to anybody but me?

Keri Hilson looked awesome tho. Her hair was shaaaarrrp!

I just dont get it. Debra Lee? Can you tell us what happened?
Or like the BET Awards, this one was rushed too.

Speaking of awards.......

I just dont get it. Debra Lee? Can you tell us what happened?
Or like the BET Awards, this one was rushed too.

Speaking of awards.......

BET don't know how gets anything right. I am so disappointed with Soul Train Awards. MTV and ABC Dancing With The Stars are the best one know how to pay tribute.

You guys are hilarious! I had it on in the background while doing some homework and thought the whole ceremony was rather strange. I was confused a whole lot (it was jumpy) and some of the singing was........off.

But uh.. the 3 minute "tribute" (?) was nice I guess...because they at least showed Michael's face. :mello:

WHAT PISSES ME OFF about BET is that those FUCKERS REFUSE and I do mean REFUSE to show pictures of MJ from BAD ERA ON!!!!!!!! They only show pics of him before the vitiligo UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK DEBRA LEE!! They did that bullshit at the BET awards!

ahhh they brought out johnny gill tho...much props for that!

WHATTTTTTTTTTTT AND CHICO DEBARGE!! HELL YEAH!!!
Chico DeBarge was propped up, Janet's ex-brother-in-law, but her deceased brother, MICHAEL JACKSON that practically "grew up" performing on Soul Train, gets nothing but 3-5 minute pics from past performances on the show?!! Makes no sense. I could careless if The Soul Train Awards show returns, after the pitiful little "tribute" they gave him. They'll never get my viewership again!!

They failed and flop>>>>>>>>>>>waits for another award show claiming another failed honored BLAH

Chico DeBarge was propped up, Janet's ex-brother-in-law, but her deceased brother, MICHAEL JACKSON that practically "grew up" performing on Soul Train, gets nothing but 3-5 minute pics from past performances on the show?!! Makes no sense. I could careless if The Soul Train Awards show returns, after the pitiful little "tribute" they gave him. They'll never get my viewership again!!

ummmm i dont know about you but Chico was the shit back in the day...it was good to see him :)

ummmm i dont know about you but Chico was the shit back in the day...it was good to see him :)
Yeh, he was; but that means nothing!!!! MJ is The King of Pop, which didn't get a proper tribute or dedication!!!! He put Soul Train/Awards on top and now he's dead and all he gets is a less than 10 minute tribute? I'm appalled!!!

Yeh, he was; but that means nothing!!!! MJ is The King of Pop, which didn't get a proper tribute or dedication!!!! He put Soul Train/Awards on top and now he's dead and all he gets is a less than 10 minute tribute? I'm appalled!!!

so i cant enjoy the rest of the show because of lame tribute that soul train put together? i agree with everyone else that the tribute was ass and MJ deserved more...but im still gonna enjoy the rest of the show...soul train awards havent been good since the 90's anyway!

you are hella over reacting...HELLA

sad to say but the only person to give a proper MJ tribute is not here with us in the flesh anymore :( I truly believe the only person who would ever give MJ a proper Tribute is MJ himself.

so i cant enjoy the rest of the show because of lame tribute that soul train put together? i agree with everyone else that the tribute was ass and MJ deserved more...but im still gonna enjoy the rest of the show...soul train awards havent been good since the 90's anyway!

you are hella over reacting...HELLA
Well, we are entitled to our opinions. The show was a total flop and a waste of time for me.

Well, that was pretty disappointing. I thought Michael was going to be presented with an award (and maybe someone from the family would accept). Where was it? All I saw were clips from the Jackson 5 era. I thought he was being honored with a "special ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR award." All they did was say a few nice words and show a montage which anyone could do. And they didn't even show images of Michael past his 20's. Still, it was more of a tribute than the AMA's gave him (aside from the untelevised one from the red carpet event). I don't know. I think he deserved more - especially from the Soul Train people.

To be honest I sat there and watched it through the MJ part but right after that I stopped watching it.
I thought it would be bigger or something? But it wasn't. They really let me down. :/
It should have been bigger, it was a tribute for Michael.
It seems just odd that it only lasted a few seconds (what it seemed like to me) but I was crying when it finished showing it.

so they only played a short clip.did anyone record the montage that they played?

I've been trying to make some sense of this thing.
Soul Train announced that they were honoring Michael
in the show. The only thing I can come up with is they meant the
ST years. Did he appear on the show in the late 80's? The 90's
and beyond? I dont recall. But at any rate, to honor Michael,
that should include ALL of his musical contributions.

Maybe I'm just grasping here. :scratch:

The show was just strange to me anywayz.
I didnt understand all the "skits" and....oh, neva mind. :ermm:

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED IN THE TRIBUTE. I BLINKED AND IT WAS OVER. we the fans can give him the tribute he deserves by keeping his memory and legacy alive.

I watched the Soul Train Awards last night and if what they showed last night was a tribute, I would rather hope they did not even bother!

That was plain CRAP and showed NO THOUGHT whatsoever!

Well, someone uploaded the tribute to youtube. I don't understand. After all Michael gave to them on the Soul Train show and multiple performances on the ST awards show!!! Michael even came to give Eddie Murphy an award when he broke his ankle and was all up on crutches and a wheelchair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JXMH8APQeg

BET should be ashamed of themselves for this sorry attempt of a tribute. I can understand the unhappiness over the BET awards tribute, but they put that together in 3 days and it was still better than this one, which they had 5 months to put together!

Back