Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Yeah 'The Future' just doesnt make sense. Please explain to me what 'The Future' suggests?

'Immortal' suggests he lives on forever through his music, and his death wont stop him dominating the music industry.

I realise there is a song called 'The Future' but thats all it should be.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Do we know the title of any of the Cascio tracks? How do we know that Immortal is NOT the title of a song?

If there is a song with this title this will be like a treasure for Sony.. to connect with the album name.It's so outstanding and strong title.

oh I give up. I can't get the chat to load to the login screen. It did earlier but wont' do it now. I'm gonna try again later in an hour or so.

As I'm gonna be offline for a while, I'm sure the announcement is bound to come while I'm not here! :)

I like Immortal, then again I like The Future...

..there's only one way to find out FIGHT! LOL!

Why are people wanting The Future instead of Immortal?

Immortal carries on the theme of past albums of having one word titles. The word Immortal isnt supposed to remind us that he is dead, it basically says.

He isnt dead and he will live on forever through his music.

Thats why its an excellent title, The Future doesnt make any sense at all. . . . Its about THE CURRENT album, not about the future.

In 1982, Michael Jackson was a Thriller.

In 1987, Michael Jackson was BAD.

In 1991, Michael Jackson wad Dangerous.

In 1995, Michael Jackson left a mark in HIStory.

In 2001, Michael Jackson was Invincible.

In 2010, Michael Jackson is Immortal.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Just one thing, I hope the artwork and cover are drastically different from the Cirque show artwork so when they decide to produce a soundtrack for the Cirque Du Soleil show, people won't confuse Immortal the soundtrack and Immortal the album... Just in case the album is indeed titled Immortal... :cheeky:

Well Immortal is much better than L.O.V.E. That's for sure.

I like Immortal, then again I like The Future...

..there's only one way to find out FIGHT! LOL!

haha. I love Harry Hill!

I dont get the love for The Future though...

Yeah, no way it would be good idea to put the circus artwork to the album.Michael looks unrealistic and his mouth angle is bad. Strange painting.:p And I can't say It's the good strange this time.

Please, can you give me username and password for the chat? :D Thanks! :)

Check your PM's :)
Anyone else wanting a username please request for one in the thread in the help section of the forum.

If Immortal ends up being the title, I will become a very happy fan. It's catchy, easy to remember and very "Michaelish". While it does aknowlage his death, it doesn't do so in a sad way. It just establishes once and for all the fact that we've all known for a long time; Michael Jackson was, is and always will be Immortal. It wouldn't hurt if the cover were found out to be something like Dangerous either.

No news yet?
agggg
:ermm:

But the thing is, Michael would never have named his album "Immortal". It works now because he's gone, but it would have been too pompous for him to have titled it that himself while he was still here. So, the name reminds me that he's gone and that he didn't take part in creating this album. (He created the songs, but the estate put this album together.) Immortal just sounds kinda' general and blah and so predictable/cliche for a posthumous album. I personally liked 'Escape'. It's edgy, creative, and loaded. :( *Le sigh* Oh well. Still excited! :yes:

But the thing is, Michael would never have named his album "Immortal". It works now because he's gone, but it would have been too pompous for him to have titled it that himself while he was still here. So, the name reminds me that he's gone and that he didn't take part in creating this album. (He created the songs, but the estate put this album together.) Immortal just sounds kinda' general and blah and so predictable/cliche for a posthumous album.

I agree 100% with every word in this^!!.

I personally liked 'Escape'. It's edgy, creative, and loaded.

Nah, I think Michael "beLIEvers" will have a ball with that :smilerolleyes:

But the thing is, Michael would never have named his album "Immortal". It works now because he's gone, but it would have been too pompous for him to have titled it that himself while he was still here. So, the name reminds me that he's gone and that he didn't take part in creating this album. (He created the songs, but the estate put this album together.) Immortal just sounds kinda' general and blah and so predictable/cliche for a posthumous album. I personally liked 'Escape'. It's edgy, creative, and loaded. :( *Le sigh* Oh well. Still excited! :yes:

Invincible and Immortal pretty much mean the same thing. so why the fuss?

Is there any more info coming from the chat room? :D

I HATE Immortal, reminds me of comic like charatcer -Spawn-or religious sth, I propose ETERNAL ! Or simply Michael even if mainly album titles come with album's song tittle. For us Michael will NEVER be dead to be Immortal.

It doesn't look the announcement will come today again... arf

I dont care what it's called, just release a song from it!! :D

Ugh... hopefully tomorrow...

I HATE Immortal, reminds me of comic like charatcer -Spawn-or religious sth, I propose ETERNAL ! Or simply Michael even if mainly album titles come with album's song tittle. For us Michael will NEVER be dead to be Immortal.

Immortal means to never die.

Therefore the title Immortal suggest that Michael will never die and will love on through his music. Thats why imo it is the perfect title.

Immortal follows logically "invincible"

I don't think I have visited this thread as much as I have today! Nothing I take it yet? :timer:

Can't wait to join you all in the chat room when I get home from work. :D

I don't mind Immortal. It's definatly better than L.O.V.E

Immortal follows logically "invincible"

Indeed it does, Immortal makes the most sense of any title.

It makes so much sense in fact, that people have been pitching it as the title name for weeks (along with Eternal), way before we were made aware the Cirque Du Soleil tour would be called 'The Immortal World Tour'.

The only way 'The Future' makes sense is that there is a song called 'The Future' as well which would be the title track.

If several of you can explain to me how calling the CURRENT ALBUM 'The Future' makes sense, I will give every single one of you a rep. It has to make sense though. :cheers:

Ok, seems like this will not be the day.
I will leave for a while and come back later.
In of course, as soon as I leave, you will have the announcement. Such is my fate!
LoL

Nah, I think Michael "beLIEvers" will have a ball with that :smilerolleyes:

Haha. Yeah, I know. =P But that wouldn't affect album sales or anything else, just a little silly drama.

Invincible and Immortal pretty much mean the same thing. so why the fuss?

Well, for one - you bring up another good reason not to name it that, haha. I can already see people confusing the two. Casual fans who aren't necessarily familiar with Invincible will definitely mix them up.

Also, they sound extremely similar, but the connotations are very different. 'Invincible' is more like a "f-u" to the press and haters for all of the the cruelty spewed at him. It's like saying "You aren't going to break me with that". 'Immortal' is just like saying "I'm a super-human" yano...a god. He always said he wanted his work to live on, he wanted immortality through his work (*after* he's gone). That's very different than if he'd called himself immortal while still on earth.

Anyway, I just want it to be exactly like an album he'd put out right now if he was here. :(

Last edited:

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but is it just me or does anyone else think Michaeljackson.com needs a major makeover? I hope they totally re-vamp the site when the announcement does finally come cause at the moment it doesn't look very impressive at all. I mean this is the official michael jackson website for crying out loud. Whoevers in charge, please sort it out.

Haha. Yeah, I know. =P But that wouldn't affect album sales or anything else, just a little silly drama.

Well, for one - you bring up another good reason not to name it that, haha. I can already see people confusing the two. Casual fans who aren't necessarily familiar with Invincible will definitely mix them up.

If they arent familiar with Invincible then they wont know it to be able to mix the two up :S

Back