Michael knew foreign languages?

I agree this is a little bit of a fun thread. :)

Like any world traveler, Michael picked up phrases in many different languages and used them.

But, he is an African-American (hence the AA accent/phrasing/slang), born and raised in Indiana, USA (hence the Hoosier-Midwest accent), spent most of life in California (hence the Beverly Hills accent), travelled the country and world over (hence the occasional little picked-up accents).

Ethnically is primarily African-American but also has some Native American and some Caucasian.

TwinklEE I hope you are all straightened out now. :)

Aw, some of the comments in here made me laugh so hard.
Michael was most definitely American and most definitely spoke English as a first language. :lol:

I love the Spanish version of IJSCLY...loved when he sang it randomly in TII and then pronounced Kenny Ortega's name with a spanish accent. "Orrrrtega". So cute.

yeah!

"Orrrrrrrrrrteeeeeeeegaaaa, Orrrrrrrrrrteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegaaaah!"

:lol:

ps. this reminds me of when I met him back in pre-history. actually, back in 1988 :) he asked me my name, and then said, "you weren't born here, were you?" I said, "how'd you know?" he grinned ear to ear and said "I can tell an Indian accent when I hear one, 'cos I'm from Indian-aaah!".

LOL dude was funneh! gawd how I miss him. to know that I'll never see him again.. :cry:

yeah!

ps. this reminds me of when I met him back in pre-history. actually, back in 1988 :) he asked me my name, and then said, "you weren't born here, were you?" I said, "how'd you know?" he grinned ear to ear and said "I can tell an Indian accent when I hear one, 'cos I'm from Indian-aaah!".

LOL dude was funneh! gawd how I miss him. to know that I'll never see him again.. :cry:

Aww, what a precious story, haha.

yeah!

Aaaawwwww.:D

I miss him too.:(
Just imagine the things he could have done the next 30 years. But I am somehow thinking despite his death things will move. We will hear where he helped, which orphanages he supported without us ever knowing...

I love threads like these. I love when Americans speak about Michael's accent because being from Holland I have no clue if Michael had a 'standard' accent or a funny one. We have different accents in Holland....so I try to compare and stuff.

I picked up my English by listening to Michael and later I picked up words and pronounciations (sp?) from friends. Mostly the way I pronounce things comes from Michael doing interviews. In English class I always said white ("hhhhwhite") the way Michael said it, and my teacher would correct me :lol:

^ aww no don't take your teacher's advice! hhhwwite is much cuter :) i wish i learned english from michael !

^ aww no don't take your teacher's advice! hhhwwite is much cuter :) i wish i learned english from michael !
I learned how to understand and speak English through Michael doing interviews. I learned how to read German because I used to read "Black & White" magazine and used a dictionary to understand what was written.

Along the way I picked up a little Spanish (todo mi amor eres tu started that off.....).

So, yeah. I owe a huge THANK YOU to Michael. You taught me, by sharing your life :wub:

Very innerresting! Overlooking the clift...:punk::D

I loved listening to interviews with him. He taught me English as well- together with Bill Bryson and Garrison Keillor.

I remember trying to make sense of "Jam" and couldn't figure out why he was singing of preserves and marmalade....:doh:
Good thing I was able to figure it out later.:smilerolleyes:

I love his creativity in that aspect. "You know, when you go to bed and turn the light off ching, ching!" Love it.

I love his creativity in that aspect. "You know, when you go to bed and turn the light of ching, ching!" Love it.

Michael was very good at expressing himself. I guess because he traveled the world and sometimes had to deal with people (or fans) who spoke poor English he had to find other ways to express himself. So he used sounds, gestures and simple words. :)

I love what you said about "Jam". LOL. I remember when I was little, I used to sing "keep the feet" instead of Keep the faith because I really thought Michael sang "feet" :lol:

yeah!

Aw gosh, what a sweet story. :cry: :heart:

Dutchie?? Do I know you from somewhere? *scratches head*:D

I think it's also the way he was thinking. He also seemed to think in these images which is fun, very imaginative. I noticed that in "This is it". He would always find a metaphor to describe what's inside his head. Big fan of that.

Dutchie?? Do I know you from somewhere? *scratches head*:D

I think it's also the way he was thinking. He also seemed to think in these images which is fun, very imaginative. I noticed that in "This is it". He would always find a metaphor to describe what's inside his head. Big fan of that.

LOL I don't know if you know me because I don't know you but I do know that you think you know me!! ;)

*scratches head too*

Erhm...yeah. Where do you know me from?

lol you guys are totally funny :D

please, please share your thoughts and stories about the past

btw where I can see him say "white"? I haven't noticed "hhhwhite" or whatever :D

lol you guys are totally funny :D

please, please share your thoughts and stories about the past

btw where I can see him say "white"? I haven't noticed "hhhwhite" or whatever :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3noJ8pIQE

He says "Black or white" a couple of times in this clip :)

As far as stories.....remember the Barbara Walters interview from 1997? I recorded the interview on video....then played the video and recorded the sound on a cassette.....and then played the cassette over and over in my room with a pen in one hand and a dictionary in the other trying to look up what Michael was saying :lol:

He didn't sound American to me, he didn't have an American accent his was Indian.

Americans have all different accents (they way they pronounce words) depending on which part of the coutry
they are from _ the easteners have a different acent from the westerners as do northeners from southeners_

Michale was born and raised in midwest United States
The state is Indiana the city is Gary -

His accent has nothing to do with American Indians
although there is some American Indian heritage in his family
on his mothers side I believe

Michael Jackson was born and raised in the Untied States
he speaks the English language with his own unique american accent

I was born and raised in the north Michigan bit I lived in the
south for many years so I do have hint of a southern accent now

Even in your country people speak with different accents
depending on what part they come from _ they speak the same
language but pronounce words a little different (Thats called accent)

how would you know that?:smilerolleyes:
from the biography of his mother and his sisters and brothers
its stated in many of the Jackson bio's_ They come from American Indian
heritage on his mothers side _ I also come from american Indian

Last edited:
Aw gosh, what a sweet story. :cry: :heart:

I know! we talked a bit more but I'll always remember his grin and then his laugh when he realized he had me with that "Indian-aah!" it was so much fun! he was fun!! I couldn't tear my eyes away from his dimples when he laughed like that. I'll always hold that memory close to my heart :wub:

that was the only time I met him :( I wish some of you who've met him would share your stories. I'd love to hear!

Aaaawwwww.:D

I miss him too.:(
Just imagine the things he could have done the next 30 years. But I am somehow thinking despite his death things will move. We will hear where he helped, which orphanages he supported without us ever knowing...

I hope so too!! I am hoping for total vindication some day :)

a friend just told me Michael also pronounced "three" very strangely. videos? :D

p.s. not to disrespect the various kinds of accents but they all look the same to me. ( except ebonics for a reason lol )

yeah!

That is SO cute. :cry: :heart:

I learned how to understand and speak English through Michael doing interviews. I learned how to read German because I used to read "Black & White" magazine and used a dictionary to understand what was written.

Along the way I picked up a little Spanish (todo mi amor eres tu started that off.....).

So, yeah. I owe a huge THANK YOU to Michael. You taught me, by sharing your life :wub:
Same here! :D Being a quite young fan and coming from The Netherlands wasn't always easy.
I've been learning it through observing and listening to Michael too and after that I always got the highest grades in English class because I already know so much through learning from Michael. :lol:
Now I even speak more English than Dutch....sometimes I forget the Dutch words...LOL.

I love Michael's pronouncation. It's so clear and understandable...almost as if he speaks any language through it....with the tones on the right words and the way he's making some words longer. Together with that angelic voice. Love it.

Back