Michael knew foreign languages?

ds8989

Proud Member
Michael knew foreign languages besides his native English?

well if knowing i love u in x amount of languages counts lol. other than that no he didnt speak any

I have heard him say

"Ich liebe dich mehr" - I love you more (German)
"Bonjour" - Hello (French)
"Auf Wiedersehen" - Goodbye (German)

Are there any more?

Yes, there is.

"Todo mi amour eres tu" (Spanish)

He probably knew a few basic phrases in different languages considering how much he travelled.

He sang a spanish and a french version of IJCSLY

I've seen a couple of clips where he was on a foreign show or broadcast, and was clearly confused. It was so cute! :wub:

There's also a French IJCSLY? *goes off to search*

Michael actually studied French in school.
In one of the videos, it shows his report card and it shows that he got a B+ in French...

the majortiy learn some lanuage in school doesnt mean u have a clue other than knowing a few words when u get into adulthood lol

Which album is the french version of IJCSLY is included? Pls let me know.

Michael's mother tongue is English?

Yes, he's American, and his parents were born in the U.S. too.

Michael actually studied French in school.
In one of the videos, it shows his report card and it shows that he got a B+ in French...

i took French in school and i wouldn't say i know the language. its an option to take other languages in high school , but it seems many of us dont walk away speaking another language fully. A+ or F- lol
he may have also known *some* spanish words being American, but again that doesn't mean he spoke full on spanish either. im not going to say i speak spanish because i know only a few sentences.

not every singer who sings a song in another language can speak it. you are told what to say and and how to pronounce the words. if michael couldn't speak French fluently like he does with English, then English is his only dialect.

I thought he was Indian as he was born in Indiana (which I assume is in India, judging by the name of the city)

Last edited:
he spoke fluent french. i remember the owner of planet jackson, he said one day someone called him or his staff and was speaking french to them since that was th eir native lang. and it took him a while but they realized it was michael! lol he fooled them badly!

and the kids also were learning multiple languages. i hope that still continues

So how come he has a weird way of pronouncing words when his native tongue is English?
His grammar was bad too and he spoke rather slowly.. are you guys sure he was a native speaker?

So how come he has a weird way of pronouncing when his native tongue is English?
His grammar was bad too and he spoke rather slowly.. are you guys sure he was a native speaker?

Definitely, it's just the way he speaks.

He didn't sound American to me, he didn't have an American accent his was Indian.

So how come he has a weird way of pronouncing words when his native tongue is English?

He was born in Gary, Indiana, USA.

He didn't go to school the same way the rest of us did.

It's also just the way he spoke.
I say words wrong and have a hard time with spelling. I was born in California.

Back