Michael Jackson's Bad To Be Honored At Pepsi/Billboard Concert

Neyo - Smooth Criminal (he falls around 2:37 doing the lean)

Neyo - The way you make me feel

Neyo - IJCSLY

Melanie Fiona - Dirty Diana

Melanie Fiona - Bad

FYI - I've been told that this was not an Estate event and Estate had no involvement in the event. It was a Pepsi / Billboard event.

Correct it should be noted this was not sponsored by MJ Estate its a Pepsi Event part of ther summer series partnered with Billboard. But the estate did help promote it for the fact it was a promotion of BAD25. Being this was promoted billed as a MJshow they should have done More MJ songs and maybe a couple of their own. but turned out to be the opposite.

Neyo didnt fall he went straight down no pause- (humor part of the act) to show respect that only MJ can do that proper.
Was his tribute and we know he is a huge fan. He admits he nor anyone else can ever do MJ justice. but I did enjoy their tributes. maybe they shoudl have had more acts to contribute MJ songs. But all in all i enjoyed the perfomances they did do for Michael. Just wish their was more.

Neyo Pre show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Sy9ITANxseA
]

If I knew Youtube would of had the MJ parts up so fast I wouldn't have wasted my time watchin some of it as I did last night. So just watched the Ne-yo parts...o_O He forgot some of the lyrics and the lean looked like a real fall so the humor was missed by me

The parts of the show I saw where they covered his songs were pretty good, of course it wont be as good as Michael, that would be an unreal and pointless expectation. The covers were pretty entertaining though and that should've been the majority of the show. It should've been an MJ tribute event with a few of their own songs but it ended up being the opposite.

What have the media been saying bout this so called tribute?

FYI - I've been told that this was not an Estate event and Estate had no involvement in the event. It was a Pepsi / Billboard event.
Thanks for the confirmation, that is good to know. I considered going to this concert but passed because the list of performers did not seem interesting to me. I just saw the clips on YouTube now and am glad I did not go. My goodness, that was really bad (and not as in 'Bad' bad, but just bad bad:smarty:).

Neyo - Smooth Criminal (he falls around 2:37 doing the lean)

This performance is just a hot mess. Ne-Yo forgetting the lyrics to Smooth Criminal, then the keyboard player being horribly off-key (check out the massive 'wtf?!' expression on the horn player's face at 1.11, before he yells at the guy that he is in the wrong key :lol:). Whether the fall was staged or not, it contributed to the overall trainwreckiness of the performance. :)

TWYMMF and especially Bad were painful to watch as well. It just seems like they did not rehearse at all, as I would think that one rehearsal would have made it obvious that the songs should have been played in a higher key for Melanie Fiona and in a lower key for Ne-Yo, for instance.

I'm glad that this tribute seems to have been a rather low-key affair (not unlike Melanie Fiona's problems on Bad...:unsure:). I guess that for the people that do end up seeing it, it just reinforces how special MJ was.

Back