Michael Jackson's Bad To Be Honored At Pepsi/Billboard Concert

bluesky

Proud Member

Michael Jackson'sBadTo Be Honored At Pepsi/Billboard Concert
Posted byJoseph Lee on 08.21.2012

With Ne-Yo, Melanie Fiona and Swizz Beatz...

Billboardreports that Pepsi will continue to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Michael Jackson'sBadwith a concert on August 29 at the Gotham Hall in New York City. Performances include Ne-Yo, Melanie Fiona and a DJ set from Swizz Beatz with additional songs from DJ Cassidy.

The event will be the end of Pepsi and Billboard's 2012 Summer Beats Concert series, which featured a performance by Katy Perry at the premiere of her filmPart of Me 3D, a Nashville concert with country group Gloriana and a performance last week from Pepsi spokeswoman[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Nicki
[FONT=inherit !important]Minaj[/FONT][/FONT]at New York's Roseland Ballroom.

The concert will also feature performances of the artists' current hits, including Ne-Yo's "Let's Go", a collaboration with Calvin Harris that was originally written as a European soccer anthem for Pepsi Max. Pepsi previously celebratedBadwith one billion limited-edition cans featuring Jackson, worldwide giveaways for special prizes like jackets inspired by theBadtour, tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour and free downloads of custom remixes by dance producers like A-Trak.

Brad Jakeman, president of Global Enjoyment Brands and Chief Creative Officer of PepsiCo Global Beverages Group said in May: "Pepsi has always been at the forefront of pop culture, helping to shape the music landscape. This unique global partnership, around such a legendary music milestone, invites Pepsi fans from around the world to experience Michael Jackson's music in an engaging and very now kind of way -- it's a model example of how Pepsi's 'Live for Now' campaign can manifest itself in a way that resonates the world over."
[/FONT]

Read more athttp://www.411mania.com/music/news/...psi-Billboard-Concert.htm#RJgWPMGjTL1wgdFm.99

If they've "always been at the forefront of pop-culutre" why don't they (in conjunction with The Estate or Sony) give us The Chase series of Bad adverts in HD and throw them on wembley 88 as extras or do all The Jackson's/MJ's adverts as a blu-ray or something. Honestly those commercials are incredible and deserve to be restored and seen by "a whole new generation"!! Great that Ne-Yo and others are doing the concert.

They should TOTALLY be airing those old Pepsi commercials on TV!

yeah, i totally agree ;) would be nice to see them again in HD

I mean, they already have the Pepsi cans. Might as well air those. Even if it was just the one where he sings the Pepsi song in the tune of Bad.

If they've "always been at the forefront of pop-culutre" why don't they (in conjunction with The Estate or Sony) give us The Chase series of Bad adverts in HD and throw them on wembley 88 as extras or do all The Jackson's/MJ's adverts as a blu-ray or something. Honestly those commercials are incredible and deserve to be restored and seen by "a whole new generation"!! Great that Ne-Yo and others are doing the concert.

They should TOTALLY be airing those old Pepsi commercials on TV!

I mean, they already have the Pepsi cans. Might as well air those. Even if it was just the one where he sings the Pepsi song in the tune of Bad.

:agree:

Those commercials are pure genius, and were one of a kind in its premiere back in 88, and still are today.:yes: I would just love to own ALL the MJ commercials in blu ray. Estate: can you hear us!! Please we want those commercials!!

Please we want those commercials!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!! :shout: :woohoo:
kermit.gif

Lets just hope this concert wont be like that other tribute concert :ph34r:

Will the stream be accessible for those of us outside of the US?

Last edited:
More info regarding live stream

Michael Jackson's 'Bad' to Be Honored at Pepsi/Billboard Concert Tonight at 8:45 PM ET
August 29, 2012 | By Andrew Hampp, New York
Pepsi will continue its year-long celebration of the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Bad tonight (Aug. 29) at New York City's Gotham Hall with performances from Ne-Yo and Melanie Fiona (right) and a DJ set from Swizz Beatz, with additional tunes from DJ Cassidy. The concert will be streamed live on Pepsi.com and Twitter.com/Pepsi beginning at 8:45PM ET.

The event will mark the conclusion of Pepsi and Billboard's 2012 Summer Beats Concert Series, which also featured a performance by Katy Perry at the premiere of her movie "Part of Me 3-D," a Nashville concert with country trio Gloriana and, just last week, a special performance by Pepsi spokeswoman Nicki Minaj at New York's Roseland Ballroom.
Backbeat: Katy Perry Premieres New Film, Performs For Neil Portnow, Randy Phillips, Epic and ASCAP Execs
In addition to celebrating the music of Bad, the Summer Beats Concert will also feature performances of the artists' current hits, including Ne-Yo's "Let's Go," a collaboration with Calvin Harris that was originally written as a European soccer anthem for Pepsi Max.
10 Hits You Didn't Know Were Jingles
Earlier this year, Pepsi also celebrated the 25th anniversary of Bad with 1 billion limited-edition cans featuring Jackson's iconic silhouette, worldwide giveaways for special prizes like jackets inspired by the original BAD Tour and tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour and free downloads of custom remixes by dance producers like A-Trak.

"Pepsi has always been at the forefront of pop culture, helping to shape the music landscape," Brad Jakeman, president, Global Enjoyment Brands, and chief creative officer, PepsiCo Global Beverages Group, said in a statement in May. "This unique global partnership, around such a legendary music milestone, invites Pepsi fans from around the world to experience Michael Jackson's music in an engaging and very now kind of way -- it's a model example of how Pepsi's 'Live for Now' campaign can manifest itself in a way that resonates the world over."

Read more at http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...at-pepsi-1007905552.story#XDcgjVyeUT6mpjCe.99

^^ I take it that concert is on 8:45 PM in NY time, UK is 5 hours ahead, so 1:45 in the middle of the night for UK/Ireland:)

I would think they show it to everyone who will stay up :chillin:

Just found out about this. I'm a little upset, because I would have gone to see it live had I known about it prior to ten minutes ago.

Hopefully it's worth watching.

Okay is everyone seeing Michael's videos playing? Or am I on the wrong link?

Back