Michael Jackson to receive Lifetime Achievement Grammy

Who are the rest of these people?
BTW, hypocrites grammy. Give MJ back his 1988 awards!!!!

Same thing happened to [FONT=&quot]"Dangerous", "HIstory" and "Invincible".

Only directors
Jim Blashfield for "Leave Me Alone" (BAD) and Mark Romanek for "Scream" (HIstory) and Bruce Swedien (BAD, Dangerous) & Teddy Riley (Dangerous) for Best Engineered Album, won Grammys. Invincible had one nomination.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Same thing happened to [FONT=&quot]"Dangerous", "HIstory" and "Invincible".

Only directors
Jim Blashfield for "Leave Me Alone" (BAD) and Mark Romanek for "Scream" (HIstory) and Bruce Swedien (BAD, Dangerous) & Teddy Riley (Dangerous) for Best Engineered Album, won Grammys. Invincible had one nomination.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

What a slap in the face to Mike. :no: ...I mean...What are they giving him a lifetime achievement award for? What are they basing it on? Two albums?...(or was it lifetime-before-the-age-of-25?) :scratch: They are confused, confused. :doh:

Fantastic yet bittersweet! I hope it's a fitting tribute as well.

Thanks for posting. :flowers:

Remember they refused to honor him last year , they pulled out the Thriller 25 tribute..

i do not want MJ's kids to honor those morons , they will get more ratings and this would hurt MJ to see his kids around his number one enemies and giving more help to gain money with ratings and stuff...

NO WAY!!

OK ,i back off , i want to see Jermaine "i'll close my eyes though" LOL.

I wish Michael received a Kennedy Center Honor while he was alive.

This is what I wished the most as well. I thought about that even before he died about receiving that award. Even back then I worried that they wouldn't give it to him unless he was like 80 or dead.....well my fear came true in that scenario....

BAD is not THAT amazing. This album is great, but definitly not the best of 1987.

Bad was GREAT.

So was Prince's Sign O the Times & Madonna's True Blue.

Duran Duran were KILLING IT too (love you Simon & John & Roger & Andy & Nick !!!) - Sade, The Cure, Depeche Mode, British music all over was KILLING IT - incredible and timeless music was coming out of England. Too many to mention.

And the Hip Hop explosion - was MASSIVE. Erik B & Rakim, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Beastie Boys, KRS One & Boogie Down, so many.

Latin Freestyle too - Sa-fire, Cynthia, Coro, Latin Rascals, incredible scene in NYC & the globe.

But time passes and as I grow older - NO ARTIST can touch Michael's impact and influence & music. NO ARTIST can match it.

None. Prince & Madonna, close. But not like MJ - and they've acknowledged that too, that's why I always respect them.

I will never forgive the "grannies" for snubbing my favourite album "Bad"...I remember how sad I was that one after another, they gave the trophies to U2.

It was obvious they did not want a repeat of the thriller sweep. I can only imagine how hard and humiliating it must have been for MJ to seat in the audience and never once hear his name. He lost all his nominations...and the freaking came kept showing him....Horrible. I was close to tears that night.

....but I am glad they are giving him this award next January.

Last edited:
Very well deserved. So happy for Michael. He will forever live on. :heart:

I hope they pay him great tribute. I definitely think this award is worth giving to him, at any time because it definitely does something for his legacy.

BAD is not THAT amazing. This album is great, but definitly not the best of 1987.

That maybe so, but Man in the Mirror lost best song of 87 to Don't Worry be Happy. This song also beat out a Prince song which was nominated for this honor.

Also, what casually person actually remembers most of the albums hat came out in 1987 besides Bad? Only the most hardcore would remember, so that should tell you something right there.

So, the 1987 Grammy was questionable at best. The others are more up to debate.

I remember that too - but U2's the Joshua Tree is an album that I still listen to.

If MJ was going to lose - it was in the Rock category - not this overall sweep that they did on him that year.

Only that - the BEST performance in Grammy history was done that night.

Man in the Mirror at the Grammys is one of the most heroic & inspiring performances MJ has ever performed in USA TV.

Michael GAVE IT ALL and put all them to shame.

I will never forgive the grammes for snubbing my favourite album "Bad"...I remember how sad I was that one after another, they gave the trophies to U2.

It was obvious they did not want a repeat of the thriller sweep. I can only imagine how hard and humiliating it must have been for MJ to seat in the audience and never once hear his name. He lost all his nominations...and the freaking came kept showing him....Horrible. I was close to tears that night.

....but I am glad they are giving him this award next January.

I mentioned some of them earlier in a post above.

DAMN, I'm old.

That maybe so, but Man in the Mirror lost best song of 87 to Don't Worry be Happy. This song also beat out a Prince song which was nominated for this honor.

Also, what casually person actually remembers most of the albums hat came out in 1987 besides Bad? Only the most hardcore would remember, so that should tell you something right there.

So, the 1987 Grammy was questionable at best. The others are more up to debate.

Congrats Mike....

No one deserves it better....

For the 45 years, I can not thank you enough....

Hope you're happy and smiling up there.... :love:

they are only doing it cause of whats happened. totally fake as it is when this happen to any artist /actor etc.

Guilty? You guilty? No, friend, don't say that. We have all gone through this one time or the other. As you say, we are facing the hardest time ever. We thought things were hard back at the trials... but even then, there was hope of better things to come. Mike is now gone and our small world of music, dance is makig is broken forever.

It's going to take a long, long time to heal. Or at least, just to learn to live with this pain. Almost six months now... are you feeling better? I am not.

You are not guilty at all. Big hugs and thanks for your words. We have such a long way ahead...

hugs back to ya :love:

what is the best "most kickass" grammy award is there and does MJ have it and do other people have it as well? (yes this is a VERY long question :p)

I mentioned some of them earlier in a post above.

DAMN, I'm old.

me too! :lol:

god, time does fly, does it not? ugh.

I still remember seeing his face as he kept losing each category. my heart felt so heavy that night. but he changed everything -- EVERYTHING -- with that performance. we all knew who the true king was that night.

I do love U2 -- especially War and Joshua Tree -- but 1988 should've been MJ's year, the 8 previous Grammys notwithstanding.

He should've gotten this when thriller25 was out. They messed up real bad that year.

that's good. it would have been his whether or not it was officially presented, or created. and it was his, long before last year, even though it's being presented, now.

My first reaction to things like this, tributes etc is just sadness. Reminds me he's not with us :(

So glad he's getting the award :) A little late if you ask me but thats no biggie at the moment, go Michael!

I am happy and sad at the same time. Everything that has happened since he died is all just bittersweet. I just really wish he was still here.

Why is that Michael has never got the "MusiCares Person Of The Year" Grammy Award?

This award is given to the person who does both a significant achievement in music and done a lot of stuff for charity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MusiCares_Person_of_the_Year for more info!

The saddest of all this is - Michael Jackson has been the top donator of the MusicCares foundation.

He's given 10s of millions of dollars - and MusicCares truly is a great organization.

me too! :lol:

god, time does fly, does it not? ugh.

I still remember seeing his face as he kept losing each category. my heart felt so heavy that night. but he changed everything -- EVERYTHING -- with that performance. we all knew who the true king was that night.

I do love U2 -- especially War and Joshua Tree -- but 1988 should've been MJ's year, the 8 previous Grammys notwithstanding.

Oh, MJ left that stage, the audience & the WORLD - stripped of all it's bullsh*t and gave the most memorable performance of Grammy HIStory.

It was breaktaking, emotional and heart-wrenching.

Back