Michael Jackson museum induction to be hit by protests *Merged*

izilda

Proud Member
Michael Jackson is pictured leaving London's Lanesborough Hotel and boarding his bus as he heads to the O2 Arena to make announcements regarding his comeback concerts, expected to run to 30 dates later this year. - Splash News

By Gavin Wilson Jun 27, 2010, 18:55 GMT

Michael Jackson's induction into a US museum will be overshadowed by protests by child abuse survivors.

The singer is set to be inducted into the National Museum of Dance & Hall of Fame in New York in August for his contribution to dance.

But a group that represents people molested as children plans to disrupt the celebration by demonstrating outside the Saratoga Springs venue.

Jackson, who died on June 25, 2009, at the age of 50, was acquitted of child sex abuse charges in 2005.

'Most often a not-guilty verdict means a wealthy defendant had enough money to buy a verdict of 'reasonable doubt',' wrote John Aretakis and the Reverend Robert Hoatson of the group, Road to Recovery Inc, in a letter to the museum

'We know your Hall of Fame may do good work and is trying to secure state and national notoriety, media coverage and significant donations. However, to do so on the backs of childhood survivors of sexual abuse by honouring a paedophile is not a good business decision.'

Donna Skiff, a spokeswoman for the museum, told a US newspaper: 'We are honouring him for his dance and not for his lifestyle.'

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1566752.php

Re: Michael Jackson museum induction to be hit by protests

Clearly someone trying to get themselves some free PR.

saddos. normally ppl like this are the real pedos. they doth protest to much. do the same against polanski do they?

Words fail me!!!!! ... "honouring a paedophile"!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!

For every one of these person that shows up for them ten fans will show up so I say let them

funny how they never mention the kidnapping and holding ppl hostage. guess they dont like to mention that as its not quite as believable.attention seaking scum

:mat::mat::mat:
Idiots just won"t stop.
I hate this world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geez :mat::mat::mat:

ohh please I doubt they will show up

This crap makes me so angry, it's outrageous. Michael Jackson was an innocent man, proven in court. FACT. How dare they? I mean how can they get away with this slander? Can nobody do anything about this? It is so infuriating.

This is absolutely riduclous. :mat:
Oh.my.God. :sigh:
The anger is seriously boiling up inside of me. How dare these people. Michael was acquitted and found not guilty on all counts because of lack of evidence. People need to really start doing their homework and get their arrogant, one-sided heads out of their asses.
Oh please, this just isn't fair.

Michael is and will forever be INNOCENT.
It's not a belief, it's a FACT.

... ridiculous fuck!ng freaks.
I did know there were groups of such freaks that could not stand that fact that Michael Jackson has been getting such a huge media attention and honours!!!

It was a matter of time.
here it is.

16m7rb5.jpg
2v9271g.jpg

Last edited:

How about we counter-protest these attention hungry (whoops!) protesters and give them the facts about the cases?!

Argh. . . it's just so frustrating. No one ever deserves to be abused. . . but after everything, MJ still has haters out there that will slander him to get attention.

Freaks.

How about we counter-protest these attention hungry (whoops!) protesters and give them the facts about the cases?!

MJ still has haters out there that will slander him to get attention.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::punk::punk::punk:

I doubt it will happen. We here of protests every now and then for things and they never show up.

Besides they wouldnt wanna mess w/ MJ fans. MJ fans will OWN them! lol

thats just sad. People like that need a life

Blame the Candlers, Arvisos, and the Media, They all need to come out loudly and say the truth, its their flout these people are soooooo misinformed, but they are cowards. Not a stick of Honorability in any of them. :mat:

Last edited:

They say this a lot, they probably won't even show.

Bastards!

It's hurt like hell to read this!

This organisation is run by two priests and was set up specifically to provide counselling to victims of sex abuse by the catholic clergy. This is obviously a PR stunt and i am furious about it. How dare they slander Michael Jackson like this for their own gain.

Maybe they should start with reading the court transcripts.

They are so dumb and ingnorant, I can't believe it.

wth :no:

Don't ya love free speech, especially when it's in the name of trashing someone who was innocent and was vindicated in a court of law. I guess that doesn't matter when you are Michael Jackson. It's a free for all and it won't end...mark my words. People find the most f*ed up ways to bring attention to themselves using the name "Michael Jackson". A lot of that was going on at trial. Can you spell E-X-P-L-O-I-T-A-T-I-O-N? I can't imagine how he felt when this ish was going on while he was here.

Back