Michael Jackson: Before He Was King by Todd Grey (Photographer)

I got it from amazon.com. It was wrapped very well and was in excellent condition. I'm afraid to touch it I don't wanna put my finger prints on it. :lol:

LOL...... me too... i'm jealous of my collection.!!!!
thanks for your information!!!

BHWKMike.jpg

MarlonMike.jpg

And yes there are more pics like the one on the cover...

Scan092870004.jpg

WOW! those are so beautiful especially the last picture :wub:
Thank you so much for sharing! :bow:

This book came today. I literally tore open the box, closed my office door and look at every single page. Not only are the pics some of the most beautiful ones I've seen (some never seen before,at least by me), but the photographer does a wonderful job of describing Michael as a beautiful person with a pure soul, very similar to the experiences of others who worked with or new Michael at this time.. The book spans the late 70s to the early 80s ending with pics from the Beat It video shoot. Michael looks happy, innocent, reflective, and of course absolutely electric on stage. The pics are high quality. My **only** complaint is that some of the pics take up two pages so the binding of the book cuts them off and sort of takes away from their epicness. I'd rather have had them smaller pics but only taking up one page instead of two.

Overall this book gets a definite thumbs up from me and is a must if you are a collector or, like me, just have a massive LOVE for Michael during this period in his life...

Thank you for your mini-review and scans! I am definitely getting this. Currently on Amazon it is $19.77.

One of the people who reviewed the book on Amazon said if they were to give a gift to his kids, it would be this book.

Thanks for sharing the reviews and scans. Looking forward to seeing my copy!

in Amazon.co.uk is not yet avaiable... you can only preorder it... it's strange because in amazon.com is in stock.... do you have more informations?? naturally in particular english fans........

in Amazon.co.uk is not yet avaiable... you can only preorder it... it's strange because in amazon.com is in stock.... do you have more informations?? naturally in particular english fans........

It says that the item is due for despatch on the 2nd November and is shipped from Amazon Europe

It says that the item is due for despatch on the 2nd November and is shipped from Amazon Europe

Yes.. so now is on pre order.. later than amazon.com.... but free delivery is naturally only for UK...isn't it?!?!

Yes.. so now is on pre order.. later than amazon.com.... but free delivery is naturally only for UK...isn't it?!?!

On the US site, its a free super saver shipping item. That means if you buy the book & something else to make it total $25 or more you can get free shipping.

And yes there are more pics like the one on the cover...

Scan092870004.jpg

OMGaaawd he so fine in this picture. All of them are but I really
L.O.V.E this one! Thanks so much!
All my favorite things....the jeans, the white tee, silhouette, arms and fro.
He's such a beautiful man. :girl_love:

Missing you like crazy Michael.

Last edited:
:wild::wild::wild::wild::wild:
*goes to amazon.com to buy the book*

Psssttt... did you see his ARM heartbreak... ???
*drrrooolllllsssss*

I love it.. it's so little, like I could put my whole hand around it.. I want to imagine that he had super soft skin... OMG! I'm Squeeee-ing just thinking about it. :heart:

For those of you who got the book, I spoke briefly to Todd Gray on Facebook and he wants folks to write reviews on amazon.. so go there and tell ppl how fab the book is!

I love it.. it's so little, like I could put my whole hand around it.. I want to imagine that he had super soft skin... OMG! I'm Squeeee-ing just thinking about it. :heart:

For those of you who got the book, I spoke briefly to Todd Gray on Facebook and he wants folks to write reviews on amazon.. so go there and tell ppl how fab the book is!
oh really??? I just read the reviews on there and everyone loves it!!!! I'll make sure to hurry up and get it so I can write one too!!!! Hmmm, maybe i'll write one before i even get it, tee hee hee

i hate bringing this up, but as u can see..he was always beautiful..and..always skinny. very skinny..but in a very special good sort of way..special in that he was made for his craft and movement on stage. and because this body type was unique and special only to him..that's why IMO there were controversies, later on in life.

people need to see repeat patterns and many like him to accept him..but..hey..there just was no one else like that body type. period.

still isn't another body type like that exact body type.

I am so excited to get this book!

I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything about the book Michael Jackson: A Life In Pictures...It looks similar but I dont think they are linked in any way what so ever.

Does anyone know anything about it?

I am so excited to get this book!

I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything about the book Michael Jackson: A Life In Pictures...It looks similar but I dont think they are linked in any way what so ever.

Does anyone know anything about it?

I think that book is made of drawings. No photos.

On the US site, its a free super saver shipping item. That means if you buy the book & something else to make it total $25 or more you can get free shipping.

Thanks but you can read the shipping rules on the site, you have to indicate a US address. :O(

Super Saver Shipping

FREE on Orders $25 and Over (some restrictions apply)

How do I take advantage of FREE Super Saver Shipping?

1. Place at least $25 of eligible Amazon.com products in your Shopping Cart. (Eligible items will say "eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping ..." next to their price.)

2. Proceed to checkout.

3. Ship your items to a single U.S. address.

4. Select "Group my items into as few shipments as possible" as your shipping preference.

5. Select Super Saver Shipping as your shipping speed. Once your items are available, your order will be delivered within 5-9 business days.

6. Place your order, and enjoy the free shipping!

I pre-ordered this book and received it last week. There is a cute picture of Mike on pages 4 and 5 of him napping in his hotel room. Todd Gray went into his room and snapped a picture of him and the flash woke Michael up! Such an adorable photo.

Back