Michael Jackson: Before He Was King by Todd Grey (Photographer)

I preordered it too. I can't wait to get it!!! This pic alone is like SQUEEEEE!!! :heart:

42160418.jpg
Yeah that pic is..:swoon:

The book qualifies for free shipping if you purchase it and something else and total is $25+..
I am looking for something else to order along with the book.. hmm i need the blood on the dance floor cd..

I ordered it today. I just couldn't stop thinking about this book. It better be good and have A LOT of rare photos.

Last edited:
oh. my. goodness. !!
Those pics are sooooo beautiful:wub::wub::wub:
I might have to get this.

:mello:I got this email from Amazon:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on September 17 2009 (Order# xxxxxxxxx).

Todd Gray "Michael Jackson: Before He Was King"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0811875067

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on November 01 2009, if we haven't located it by then.

Now it's
Publisher: Chronicle Books (October 21, 2009)

Delivery estimate: November 3, 2009 - December 15, 2009

I want the book NOW :(
It's my bday present from my parents...my bday was 3 weeks ago! Such a long wait.

AHHHHH!
I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it!
:rollin:

This is one of the best books I have on Michael and the Jacksons. It mostly comes from the 1979-81 era that I consider to be his best look. He seems very much a regular guy here, at least for someone famous. I relate to this Michael. It also shows how close he still was to his brothers at this point and gives them credit for their part musically and performance wise. One of THE most positive and essential books I ever read. 5 stars

This book came today. I literally tore open the box, closed my office door and look at every single page. Not only are the pics some of the most beautiful ones I've seen (some never seen before,at least by me), but the photographer does a wonderful job of describing Michael as a beautiful person with a pure soul, very similar to the experiences of others who worked with or new Michael at this time.. The book spans the late 70s to the early 80s ending with pics from the Beat It video shoot. Michael looks happy, innocent, reflective, and of course absolutely electric on stage. The pics are high quality. My **only** complaint is that some of the pics take up two pages so the binding of the book cuts them off and sort of takes away from their epicness. I'd rather have had them smaller pics but only taking up one page instead of two.

Overall this book gets a definite thumbs up from me and is a must if you are a collector or, like me, just have a massive LOVE for Michael during this period in his life...

This book came today. I literally tore open the box, closed my office door and look at every single page. Not only are the pics some of the most beautiful ones I've seen (some never seen before,at least by me), but the photographer does a wonderful job of describing Michael as a beautiful person with a pure soul, very similar to the experiences of others who worked with or new Michael at this time.. The book spans the late 70s to the early 80s ending with pics from the Beat It video shoot. Michael looks happy, innocent, reflective, and of course absolutely electric on stage. The pics are high quality. My **only** complaint is that some of the pics take up two pages so the binding of the book cuts them off and sort of takes away from their epicness. I'd rather have had them smaller pics but only taking up one page instead of two.

Overall this book gets a definite thumbs up from me and is a must if you are a collector or, like me, just have a massive LOVE for Michael during this period in his life...

Thanks for this description! It really made me want to buy this book!
I love the late 70s-81 look...:love:

Could anyone post some scans if they have any time? That would be wonderful!

Thanks! OMG the last pic...makes me cry

Last edited:
Thanks! OMG the last pic...make me cry

Yeah it is a nice one... there is a little story behind those pics too. The photographer give you little stories about Michael throughout the book, quick little paragraphs but still very sweet stuff.

Hei Guys.. a question for all that have bought this book in internet... (play, Amazon...)... but do the books arrive in perfect condition.. also the cover?!? i'm afraid of this!!!

I got it from amazon.com. It was wrapped very well and was in excellent condition. I'm afraid to touch it I don't wanna put my finger prints on it. :lol:

Back