Sasha01

Proud Member
championk.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
972.724.3039; lbiro@championmgt.com

Michael Jackson Appoints New Management
Leonard Rowe, legendary promoter, to steer singer’s latest comeback

Beverly Hills, CA (March 27, 2009) – Michael Jackson, universally acclaimed as the King of Pop, today named Leonard Rowe, the legendary concert promoter from Atlanta, as his new Manager. Rowe succeeds Dr. Tohme Tohme.

“I am very pleased that Leonard has accepted my offer to manage my business affairs during this important period in my career,” stated Jackson. He added, “Leonard Rowe has been a long-time friend and business associate whose judgment I have come to trust.”

Rowe has worked closely with Michael and the Jackson Family since promoting the family’s “Off the Wall Tour” in March 1979. “For the past 30 years, I have had a great feeling of admiration for Michael and his family,” said Rowe. “We worked hard together and made history on the ‘Off the Wall Tour.’ I am grateful to Michael for this opportunity and look forward to once again working with my friend to ensure a successful and historic comeback,” stated an enthusiastic Rowe.

Rowe has been a staunch advocate for African-American rights in the concert promotion industry for the past 35 years. His landmark antitrust and civil rights litigation against nearly every concert promoter and agency in the music industry won the promoter a no-nonsense reputation for challenging the status quo.

Renowned Civil Rights leader Dr. Joseph Lowery recently said, “Rowe has foughthard to preserve the rights of both African-American promoters and artists in the music industry against rampant industry discriminatory practices.” Rowe has dedicated his career to successfully promoting and touring hundreds of acts, including the Jacksons, Prince, R. Kelly and the late Marvin Gaye.

Source: Thanks to micon @ MJJB
Champion Management / (.pdf)

I remembering reading about this on R. Friedman's blog a few days ago. I never posted anything because it was from...well you know lol. I guess it was true. Good news, I for some reason didn't trust this Tohme Tohme guy. Mike is starting fresh, hopefully this new management team is trustworthy and treats Michael well!

Michael Appoints New Management

http://www.championmgt.com/home-corp.htm

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release
972.724.3039; lbiro@championmgt.com

Michael Jackson Appoints New Management
Leonard Rowe, legendary promoter, to steer singer’s latest comeback

Beverly Hills, CA (March 27, 2009) – Michael Jackson, universally acclaimed as the King of Pop,
today named Leonard Rowe, the legendary concert promoter from Atlanta, as his new Manager.
Rowe succeeds Dr. Tohme Tohme.
“I am very pleased that Leonard has accepted my offer to manage my business affairs during this
important period in my career,” stated Jackson. He added, “Leonard Rowe has been a long-time
friend and business associate whose judgment I have come to trust.”

Rowe has worked closely with Michael and the Jackson Family since promoting the family’s “Off the
Wall Tour” in March 1979. “For the past 30 years, I have had a great feeling of admiration for
Michael and his family,” said Rowe. “We worked hard together and made history on the ‘Off the
Wall Tour.’ I am grateful to Michael for this opportunity and look forward to once again working
with my friend to ensure a successful and historic comeback,” stated an enthusiastic Rowe.
Rowe has been a staunch advocate for African-American rights in the concert promotion industry for
the past 35 years. His landmark antitrust and civil rights litigation against nearly every concert
promoter and agency in the music industry won the promoter a no-nonsense reputation for challenging the status quo.

Renowned Civil Rights leader Dr. Joseph Lowery recently said, “Rowe has fought
hard to preserve the rights of both African-American promoters and artists in the music industry
against rampant industry discriminatory practices.”
Rowe has dedicated his career to successfully promoting and touring hundreds of acts, including the Jacksons, Prince,
R. Kelly and the late Marvin Gaye.

leonardroweta9.jpg

(Pic From Official Site)

http://www.pr-inside.com/legendary-promote...ins-r909848.htm

Re: Michael Appoints New Management

Thank the lord. That Tohme guy was starting to freak me out. Michael's not taking any nonsense anymore. He's keeping on top of everyone now, and that's fantastic.

Last edited:

How come this was posted before and disappeared? If you click on their site it looks official.
I noticed I posted in another thread today and can't find it now. Is there problems with the servers or something? weird.

And nice that he got someone that doesn't have his name as both his first and last.

thank god for that.

Thank God, someone who knows Michael and knows the business. Someone who appears to have Michael's best interest at heart. Someone with common sense!

But what exactly does a tour manager do? Are they responsible for handling the money? I hope not, cause R Kelly won his $3.5 mil lawsuit against this guy and he was also sued by some other folks.

Hopefully, he has a better working relationship with Michael.

Last edited:

lmao @ the "off the wall tour" im assuming hes reffering 2 the triumph tour haha

World Tour is the plan which is excellent. It won't end with London :)

Great news, lets hope he isn't another bob jones. All we need is big frank back now

Please god let this guy be good for MJ and his career.

No no, the last thing we need is "big frank"

I don't understand how can someone you don't know anything about be "shady"

we don't like when "they" judge Michael but it seams to me some of us are learning quickly
from "them".

I don't know much about Mr. Tohme but what I do know is that since he took over Michael's finances there are no big news about legal nor financial troubles... and the tour deal was finally finalized.

seams that all i know about him is positive.
do you know something else ( facts ? ) that is influencing your oppinion / judgement?

I would also wait a few days to understand better what's going on.
A business manager is not the same as a promoter or a music / career manager !

HUMAN.

Concert promoters are a very rare breed of human beings

^^oh, really? maybe i should...

Actually Frank Dileo is the only one who has stood by Mike through everything, he was with mj in court and has stayed with mike on numerous occasions this past year, talking to mike and playing with the kids. So i have massive love for Frank Dileo and he is someone that mike can trust

like all the others time will tell, however it's up to Mike whom he wishes to work with... so we shall see... As long as mike produces great work the public will eat it up!

So how many managers and spokes people has we seen come and go this decade? Im dizzy!!!!! I liked the 80's when there was just the same faces after Thriller started when he hired Frank.. Anyway at least lots of stuff is happening so here's to a bizzy MJ summer of new songs, album..etc

lmao @ the "off the wall tour" im assuming hes reffering 2 the triumph tour haha

Well, you know at the time they were calling it "The Michael Jackson show" since he was so dominating his brothers on stage, lol. So why not "Off the Wall" tour, haha.

Check out this half right, half wrong 2 year old article that mentions MJ was in talks with this new guy in 07! it's...

http://www.vegaspopular.com/2007/02...nning-jackson-family-tour-criss-angel-on-csi/

....Two respected sources in recent days have indicated that Joe's return validates rumors of a "family summit" held a week ago to jump start plans for a new world tour with both Janet and Michael singing separately, .....
....reported that Atlanta concert promoter Leonard Rowe, who worked with the family during its heyday, wanted a new Jackson family tour with all its members -- Janet, Rebbie, Jermaine, Randy, Marion and Tito -- and Michael apparently agreed to it.

Actually Frank Dileo is the only one who has stood by Mike through everything, he was with mj in court and has stayed with mike on numerous occasions this past year, talking to mike and playing with the kids. So i have massive love for Frank Dileo and he is someone that mike can trust
yes despite all his flaws frank is a true friend I love him for that

I actually like this announcement.

I'll tell you why I didn't trust Dr Thome Thome. Because at least one recent article posted on here said it was Michael's management team (Thome) who arranged for Michael to sign away all his most treasured possessions to Julian's Auction House, when Michael was under the impression they were just going on display for a while, not being sold. So it's no surprise that, following the start of a lawsuit against the auction house, Michael should also get rid of his management team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back