May 19, 2008: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings(Michael to release new single next month?)

Re: May 19, 2008: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings (Victoria Beckham visited Neverland)

Mmmmm what is highlighted in red is very interesting. We haven't heard anything yet from Michael, but if true then I hope he makes a huge announcement about it. We shall wait and see. :fortuneteller::timer:

I kind of think that the 'new single' part is actually just a reference to Wanna Be Starting Something with Akon because supposedly that is being released in the UK next month. I doubt it is a brand new single they are talking about because if it was wouldn't it have already been released to the radio already based on time needed for promotion and raise awareness.

I seen Janet Jackson on Ellen today and she announced that she is embarking on a global tour this September and the whole audience won free tickets lol. The tour is called the "Rock With U Tour"...which is stupid. Thats always going to be a Michael Jackson song. She should have called it the Discipline tour. She was asked about a J-5 reunion and Janet replied that she really hopes so and that she had been in "meetings" about it several times and that she has been trying to "convince" Michael to participate.

Last edited:
http://justjared.buzznet.com/page/2/

Janet Jackson Announces “Rock with U” Concert Tour

Mon, 19 May 2008

Janet Jackson announced on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday that after a 7-year hiatus, she’s returning to the stage for her “Rock with U” Concert Tour.
“I’m here to kick off my ‘Rock With U’ tour,” Janet shared. “Our first show is September 10. And I’ve set up a number for fans to call in and to leave what old/new songs you’d like to hear [at the concert]. The number’s 323-622-8139. Give me a call and let me know!”
The entire Ellen audience got two tickets each to Janet’s concert. SOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!
Ellen also asked Janet if there’s going to be a Jackson 5 reunion. Janet was optimistic: “I hope so. I’ve been really pushing my brothers and having conference calls and working on it.”
Watch Janet’s appearance on Ellen here. And to watch her perform her latest single “Luv”, click here.
P.S. Janet’s book is due out in stores in in November from Karen Hunter Publishing. She talks about her struggles with her fluctuating weight and self-esteem issues.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/page/2/

Janet Jackson Announces “Rock with U” Concert Tour

Mon, 19 May 2008

Janet Jackson announced on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday that after a 7-year hiatus, she’s returning to the stage for her “Rock with U” Concert Tour.
“I’m here to kick off my ‘Rock With U’ tour,” Janet shared. “Our first show is September 10. And I’ve set up a number for fans to call in and to leave what old/new songs you’d like to hear [at the concert]. The number’s 323-622-8139. Give me a call and let me know!”
The entire Ellen audience got two tickets each to Janet’s concert. SOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!
Ellen also asked Janet if there’s going to be a Jackson 5 reunion. Janet was optimistic: “I hope so. I’ve been really pushing my brothers and having conference calls and working on it.”
Watch Janet’s appearance on Ellen here. And to watch her perform her latest single “Luv”, click here.
P.S. Janet’s book is due out in stores in in November from Karen Hunter Publishing. She talks about her struggles with her fluctuating weight and self-esteem issues.

Thanks for posting this Dorothy. I really hope Janet's tour goes well for her, I know she's been having a tough time with the album so I do hope the tour goes really well for her.

Good luck to Janet. But for real, if Michael doesn't want to tour with his brothers, nobody should be trying to force him.

Re: May 19, 2008: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings (Victoria Beckham visited Neverland)

Robin Leach rumor:
http://blogs.lasvegasmagazine.com/VegasLuxeLife/
Pop-king Michael Jackson, who will be releasing a new single next month took his children to see the newest film in the Narnia Chronicles at the Brenden movie theaters in the Palms.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............. :wild: !

Wow. I hope this is true. It would explain why it is so quiet.

Robin Leach rumor:
Pop-king Michael Jackson, who will be releasing a new single next month took his children to see the newest film in the Narnia Chronicles at the Brenden movie theaters in the Palms.

Let's just sit tight, wait and see...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............. :wild: !

Wow. I hope this is true. It would explain why it is so quiet.

I have a feeling that they mean the Wanna Be Startin Something 2008 with Akon that is being released in the UK next month.

I seen Janet Jackson on Ellen today and she announced that she is embarking on a global tour this September and the whole audience won free tickets lol. The tour is called the "Rock With U Tour"...which is stupid. Thats always going to be a Michael Jackson song. She should have called it the Discipline tour. She was asked about a J-5 reunion and Janet replied that she really hopes so and that she had been in "meetings" about it several times and that she has been trying to "convince" Michael to participate.

I think that too.. she shouldn't have called it Rock with U Tour...

I have a feeling that they mean the Wanna Be Startin Something 2008 with Akon that is being released in the UK next month.

Party pooper...

Robin Leach rumor:
Pop-king Michael Jackson, who will be releasing a new single next month
Robin Leach
f_doh.gif

notable blog entries..

Emmanuel doin his thang
emmanuel-lewis-and-waitress-at-cathouse-co-cathouse.jpeg

Luda had a booboo
ludacris-cr-angela-weiss_-prive.jpg

f_cheers.gif

Party pooper...

Awww, I'm not trying to be a party pooper. It would be cool if he was releasing a brand new single next month but I'm just saying it's likely that they are referring to Wanna Be Startin Something 2008.

Awww, I'm not trying to be a party pooper. It would be cool if he was releasing a brand new single next month but I'm just saying it's likely that they are referring to Wanna Be Startin Something 2008.

Yeah that makes the most sense... I dont think Michael will be releasing a single so soon especially when we havent had any statements about his music yet.

When ellen said "The biggest selling recording artist of all time" not exactly an accurate description for her but MJ most definately and as I said before I don't see no J5 reunion happening.

I'm glad that Victoria stuck up for Michael, put a big smile on my face. She mentions a lot that she looks up to him and that her favourite album is Off The Wall. .
Must be from a different interview cus I never heard that stuff.

My heart definetly skipped a beat when I saw this thread!....anyhow, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with this possible new single.

My heart skipped a thousand beats! :lol: Well, guess we'll just have to wait & see!

Why do yall think that buzz will proceed the first new single? Michael has everybody on lock down and scared to talk. He also has been quoted as saying he wants to surprise everybody. So I would not expect to hear all kinds of buzz before the song is released.

I can easily see Michael releasing the single to radio stations without any announcement. This alone will make them even more excited about playing it.

The first single will probably get "leaked" to a radio station and buzz will start from there. At least, that sound's plausible.

I heard from other news that the Beckham wish to buy Neverland. >_<

its not going to be sold right? OMG! Please don't. And Vic's visit doesn't mean she checking out the house before buy it. right?

Anyway...what we heard from the news before that no body lives in Neverland. but...when someone could visit it. it means someone is there right?
Maybe Michael is at home?

I heard from other news that the Beckham wish to buy Neverland. >_<

its not going to be sold right? OMG! Please don't. And Vic's visit doesn't mean she checking out the house before buy it. right?
After what MJ just went through to secure Neverland, I doubt he's going to sell it.

No I don't recall they wish to buy it and no the ranch is NOT being sold hence that auction being CANCELLED and i'm not exactly sure when she visited his ranch let alone meeting MJ inperson.

http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=42190

LA Judge Rejects New Trial in Michael Jackson Taping Case

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A judge has denied a new trial for an air charter service ordered to pay $20 million for secretly video taping Michael Jackson.

The now-defunct XtraJet Incorporated, which was based in Santa Monica, was ordered to pay the huge award for taping Jackson and his lawyers as they flew to the pop star's surrender on molestation charges in 2003.

Monday Superior Court Judge Soussan G. Bruguera rejected the motion for a new trial by the company and its owner Jeffrey Borer.

In March, the judge ordered XtraJet to pay $20.25 million to Jackson's lawyer, Mark Geragos, and his associate, Pat Harris, for invading their privacy.

Jackson was at first also a plaintiff in the case, but later withdrew.

---

"Ha ha!"

But in Vegas, where Leach is, which is USA, WBSS08 has already BEEN released;)

Yeah that makes the most sense... I dont think Michael will be releasing a single so soon especially when we havent had any statements about his music yet.

Nothing shocking about announcing a single via statement. MJ wants to shock and surprise. Releasing a single next month before anyone even knows about an ALBUM would surely shock! We can only hope:)

http://www.kansas.com/485/story/409515.html

LA judge rejects new trial in Michael Jackson taping case

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - A judge on Monday denied a new trial for a Santa Monica-based air charter service that was ordered to pay $20.25 million for secretly videotaping Michael Jackson and his lawyers as they flew to the pop star's surrender on molestation charges in 2003.

Superior Court Judge Soussan G. Bruguera rejected the motion by the now-defunct company XtraJet Inc. and its owner Jeffrey Borer.

In March, Bruguera ordered XtraJet to pay the $20.25 million to Jackson's lawyer, Mark Geragos, and his associate, Pat Harris, for invading their privacy in order to sell the video of Jackson to the media. The pop star was a plaintiff in the 2003 lawsuit, but later withdrew from the case.

Borer and his associate Arvel Jetter Reeves, the mechanic who installed cameras in the plane, pleaded guilty to conspiracy last year. Borer was sentenced to six months home detention so he could care for his ailing wife, while Reeves received an eight-month prison sentence.

Borer's lawyer, Lloyd Kirschbaum, said he would appeal the compensatory and punitive awards.

Kirschbaum said the judge ignored crucial evidence in favor of his client because she mistakenly believed that the tape included sound.

Without audio captured on the tape, Geragos and Harris could not claim a breach of the attorney-client privilege, Kirschbaum argued.

He also said the plaintiff won't be able to collect from XtraJet because the company is bankrupt.

"It's like trying to get money from Enron," Kirschbaum said.

Geragos' attorney, Brian Kabateck, praised the decision. He said Kirschbaum's motion raised the same issues the defense had argued unsuccessfully before.

Even if the tape, which is in the hands of the FBI, had no audio on it when obtained by authorities, the intention was to record conversations, said Kabateck.

Last edited:
Back