May 19, 2008: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings(Michael to release new single next month?)

SunsetDriver

Proud Member
MJ mentionings:

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/d...rPk=112383&pNodeId=188965&returnNodeId=188965
Beckhams' trip to Neverland

Victoria Beckham has revealed she has taken her sons to Michael Jackson's home Neverland.

The Spice Girl, who has three sons with husband David Beckham - Brooklyn, nine, Romeo, five, and three-year-old Cruz - defended the outlandish pop star, saying what a nice place for families it is.

Victoria told London's Heart radio: "I've been to Neverland with the kids. I'm not going to say if Michael Jackson was there. It was amazing and I have met Michael Jackson and he's a very nice man. What I thought was really nice is there's pictures of family everywhere and that's what I mean about a lot of these people are actually really nice and just the same as everybody else. They've got pictures of kids up everywhere, which I think is really cool. Pictures of his kids!

"You wouldn't imagine that because we do read such bizarre things about everybody."

The 34-year-old also revealed living in Los Angeles has changed her kids.

She said: "They've gone very LA, the kids. They're getting little American accents and they wear their hats sideways.

"They're quite hip hop."

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/15180
R. Kelly Court Docs Closed To The Public, Says Judge
written by Brandi Hopper

In the interest of insuring a fair trial for R&B superstar R. Kelly, the judge in the singer's case has denied a media request for access to sealed documents.

"Of paramount concern is that the defendant gets a fair trial," Cook County Judge Vincent Gaughan wrote, as reported by The Chicago Sun-Times. "The torrent of media interest in this case has prompted entry of the order which prevents the serious and imminent threat that this case would be tried in the media."
[...]
Gaughan cited the 2004 ruling in the Michael Jackson criminal case to back up his ruling.

"If it wasn't for the press, we wouldn't have the type of justice we have today," Gaughan said in court. "Nobody wants to inhibit the press."

http://www.waltontribune.com/story.lasso?ewcd=928196a3fa2eea31
Radio still valued medium
By Brian Arrington
The Walton Tribune

[...]
As a child I would listen to Top-40 radio, tapping to Michael Jackson’s “Beat It,” and Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It.”

http://www.whitelakebeacon.com/news.php?story_id=15935
Getting ready for the prom, 80s style
[...]
The crew at Dimensions reminisced about their prom experiences Saturday, May 10, while styling hair for girls attending the Whitehall or Reeths-Puffer proms that night.
[...]
The top songs were sung by Madonna, Pat Benatar, Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Duran Duran and The Police, among many others.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24707607/
Underwood all-time most popular ‘Idol’
[...]
Archuleta's rendering of John Lennon's "Imagine" in February was rated best of the season by 35 percent of those taking part, with Cook's rock version of the Michael Jackson hit "Billie Jean" in March also getting 35 percent.

http://blogs.sohh.com/soul/2008/05/what_to_expect.html
Usher Sponsors Contest + What to Expect from Here I Stand: Soul Rebel's Album Review
3. "This Ain't Sex" ( prod.by Tricky & Jazzy Pha) - Despite the title, this upbeat track actually isn't all that sexual. The concept of the song is about getting deeper than lust. There were a few tracks on this album where Usher's voice in places reminded me of Michael Jackson in his heyday, and this was one of them. The song itself put me in mind of old school joints from Guy and Morris Day and The Time. It's got a catchy "this is love, this is real, this is how you make me feel," refrain that I couldn't help repeating.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080519/NEWS01/805190305/1002/NEWS01
Innkeeper revives a historic house

HASTINGS — April Tubbs heard rumors that 92-year-old Harry Adrounie, who owned the shuttered historic home of his childhood, would slam the phone down on prospective buyers.
[...]

Has anyone famous ever stayed here?

"We had Michael Jackson's housekeeper stay here because her brother lives in the area. Of course, she couldn't tell us much."

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/colu...9_Kanye_West_descends_from_the_firmament.html
Kanye West descends from the firmament
[...]
A full-size band played in a pit below the stage, reshuffling beats and aiding a fiercely focused West as he breathed fresh life into tunes such as the ebullient Michael Jackson-sampling "Good Life," and "Heard 'Em Say" in which he showed that the Rev. Jeremiah Wright is not the only Chicagoan with a bully pulpit rapping that "the government administers AIDS."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/05/18/m1a_orange_bowl_0519.html
Farewell, old friend: Orange Bowl's history ends as demolition nears completion
MIAMI — A backhoe swings its shovel against a wall of concrete and another piece of hallowed South Florida history comes crumbling down.

The Orange Bowl stadium is being demolished and hauled away, bit by bit, bin by bin, truck by truck. They are trucks weighed down with memories.
[...]
Later it became a venue for some of the era's most popular music acts, jamming tens of thousands people in for performances by the Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson, The Eagles, Police, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Prince, David Bowie, and Pink Floyd.

http://www.thewiire.com/news/1307/1/Konami_Throws_An_Even_Hotter_Hottest_Party
Konami Throws An Even Hotter Hottest Party
[...]
In Hottest Party 2, Konami looks to build on motion controls by adding more motions for an even more intuitive experience. Players will dance to music that is an eclectic mix from artists like Maroon 5, Michael Jackson, Rihanna, and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: May 19, 2008: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings (Victoria Beckham visited Neverland)

the beckhams love michael :D i know david is a big fan :yes:

Re: May 19, 2008: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings (Victoria Beckham visited Neverland)

SunsetDriver;1456716 where Usher's voice in places reminded me of [B said:
Michael Jackson[/B] in
They are deaf. I wish there would be someone who ´s able to sing like him. My children could be happy.
Thanks for the mentionings.

"I've been to Neverland with the kids. I'm not going to say if Michael Jackson was there. It was amazing and I have met Michael Jackson and he's a very nice man."

This made me laugh:)
She won't tell if he was there but she did meet him.... so he was there...
Or does she mean she met Michael once?

Thanks.. that awesome that the Beckhams love Michael...how great!!!

Very nice words from Victoria...I've always felt she's actually a nice person and not the b***h the press makes her out to be.

Finally after months of searching I finally get a quote from victoria!!!!

What I find funny is that she does an interview and she's a huge celebrity in her own right, but the article evolves around a ten second mentioning of MJ :lol:

What I find funny is that she does an interview and she's a huge celebrity in her own right, but the article evolves around a ten second mentioning of MJ :lol:

that tends to happen a lot

Ain't that how it always happens. LOL!

They can be interviewing you about anything, but once you say you know MJ, or have met MJ, or have recently spoken to MJ, the interview automatically shifts gears. It cracks me up!:lol:

Thanks for posting the news.

That was nice was Victoria Beckman said and I liked how she made it clear in that interview about NL and MJ. Good for her.

"I've been to Neverland with the kids. I'm not going to say if Michael Jackson was there. It was amazing and I have met Michael Jackson and he's a very nice man."

This made me laugh:)
She won't tell if he was there but she did meet him.... so he was there...
Or does she mean she met Michael once?

I think she meant that she has met Michael, she knows him personally, but whether they met when she visited Neverland as well is a secret :p

Nice interview ^_^ Thanks for the news :flowers:

Adding some info...

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1979 - The Jackson 5 album "Destiny" hit #33 in the U.K.

2004 - The California Supreme Court denied the media's request to lift a gag order in the Michael Jackson child molestation conspiracy case.

Michael Jackson Quote

I Like The Feelin' You're
Givin' Me
Just Hold Me Baby And I'm
In Ecstasy
- Michael Jackson, The Way You Make Me Feel
And we have several birthdays this week - so a very warm and happy birthday to all :yes:

Monday 19th

aaliyah (26)
xxilovemjxx (17)
chalovesmrj (17)

Tuesday 20th

Glynda (44)
Sylvan2004 (27)
Tiger4MJ (23)
smoothcriminal123 (19)
Leila_AnOceanAway (17)

Wednesday 21st

CrescentMoon (58)
Ditka (33)
Queen_Sarah (26)
SUNrise (26)
mjjmsc (26)
mcangie (25)
RITLE (24)
Mr Sweden (23)
Woodibabalou (23)
TW.87 (21)
queencharms (21)

Thursday 22nd

freestyler (24)
Liberian Boy (21)
rawness (18)

Friday 23rd

zaustintx (47)
friend (42)
reecieboo23 (31)
Amy Smith (25)
mjsbabygirl (20)
Michael Jackson 459 (18)

Saturday 24th

apoetissvoice (46)
MJsDoll225 (38)
Billie (36)
Liberian Girl (32)
barok232 (23)
Se_Xy-Ba_BE (19)

Sunday 25th

applepie (35)
I Am The Incredible Hulk (26)
Miadry (25)
Moonwalkerin (21)
superflysister (21)
Maddogg (20)

I keep pressing 'play' but it won't. :(
You are pressing the right one aren't you? It's the top launch audio not the second one, second one doesn't work me either. It doesn't buffer or anything, it should just start playing...

Otherwise, if it still doesn't work, you probably need to update your version of Windows Media Player.

Here's the clip:

http://rapidshare.com/files/116085267/Victoria_Beckham_mp3.mp3.html

LOL, I just realised in that clip, there's this little @#$%$ that comes in every two seconds saying please purchase soundtap :-\

Does anyone know of any free programes where you can record internet streams, audio, etc?

Last edited:

I'm curious to know if the visit was recent or a few years back :)

thanks for news and mentionnings !

thanks for the rapidshare it helped alot!

Finally the truth has come out...since I watched a becks documentary, I could see a lot of Mj in becks .... by that i mean he said stuff that mike would say. So i had a feeling, they must have talked together before.. about stuff like being a celbrity and its pitfalls etc.

Then we had the interviews of becks biggin up mike and his music,

Now, we finally have proof, that they were close enough for Becks to have actually visited neverland. thats so cool, cuz I love them both (and also posh. lol).

by the way in the audio version of the becks interview, tehre was no mention of kids pics in neverland.

Is there any truth to the you-know-who rumor about MJ buying property in upstate NY?? Or is he just emitting hot air again as usual?

the beckhams love michael :D i know david is a big fan :yes:
Which is why when Martin Bashir approached him in Japan (2003/2004) for a documentary, he told him to "F*** OFF" :lol:

Say it like it is Victoria - Michael is a very nice man.:clapping:

"Victoria told London's Heart radio: "I've been to Neverland with the kids. I'm not going to say if Michael Jackson was there. It was amazing and I have met Michael Jackson and he's a very nice man. What I thought was really nice is there's pictures of family everywhere and that's what I mean about a lot of these people are actually really nice and just the same as everybody else. They've got pictures of kids up everywhere, which I think is really cool. Pictures of his kids!"

"You wouldn't imagine that because we do read such bizarre things about everybody."

neverland-ranch-auction.jpg

Robin Leach rumor:
http://blogs.lasvegasmagazine.com/VegasLuxeLife/
Pop-king Michael Jackson, who will be releasing a new single next month took his children to see the newest film in the Narnia Chronicles at the Brenden movie theaters in the Palms.

I'm glad that Victoria stuck up for Michael, put a big smile on my face. She mentions a lot that she looks up to him and that her favourite album is Off The Wall. David Beckham seems to be a big fan too, he quoted one of MJ's songs in an interview, he said 'as Michael Jackson says 'she rocks my world''.

I was channel surfing on the way to work yesterday and heard Ryan S's radio show..
he was interviewing some young guy from the Hill's TV show name Caberera ...

he said his girlfriend is Riley.. and Ryan kept asking how did u meet her.. and ask who is her Mom...

her Mom is Lisa Mara Presley and he said he met her through his best friend who is Michael Jackson's nephew...

Ryan then said........."you sure move in big circles"... the guy did NOT want to give details. he kept saying.. its a long story...and changed the subject...

Last edited:

Robin Leach rumor:
http://blogs.lasvegasmagazine.com/VegasLuxeLife/
Pop-king Michael Jackson, who will be releasing a new single next month took his children to see the newest film in the Narnia Chronicles at the Brenden movie theaters in the Palms.

Mmmmm what is highlighted in red is very interesting. We haven't heard anything yet from Michael, but if true then I hope he makes a huge announcement about it. We shall wait and see. :fortuneteller::timer:

Back