March 5th is almost upon us [All threads merged]

Screamin

Proud Member
Im sure im not the only one who is dreading March 5th , I mean i keep thinking back to how happy we all were this time last year and with the PC almost a year ago i just cant bear it.

It was the best day ever and i never forgot that amazing feeling whilst being in the presence of the man himself.

Anyone else dreading march 5th ?

Re: March 5th is almost upon us

I was thinking about that too.

My birthday is on March 3rd and I was having a really shit day until I found out about the press conference that was going to happen on the 5th. I couldn't quite believe it. I remember I was about to leave the house to go to the cinema and my wife called me and said "there's some big MJ announcement that's going to be on the news" and I ended up missing the film because I was just too excited about the press conference.

:(

Urgh I ain't thinking about that : It was hell for me anyway.

I was mad at Michael for being so negative at the conference and I was mad at my dad for saying we won't be going.

(We did get tickets later on)

March 5th was the 1st time i had ever seen Michael in person :( just looking back i am never going to forget how Happy i was when i saw him :) it was a truly epic moment in my life

Can't even think about that right now...the thought of it makes me feel a bit sick. So bittersweet now.

Same here :(

I was mad at Michael for being so negative at the conference

Yeah, I was kind of mad too, but mostly more sad about his decision. After the pre-sale started I was so damn happy, almost screamed around to this early hour :lol: but I had to bite my tongue.

Gosh, there are so many happy moments with this depressing aftertaste. It was supposed to be a happy and exciting time :cry:

Urgh, I was so excited. :cry:

Don't remind me of this time filled with joy and excitement - the return of the King... :(

I screamed when I saw him live on TV in my country.
i remember me and my mum waited hours for him to come on, when i saw him i screamed "GOD HE LOOKS AMAZING" :cry:
it was the best day of my life.
my dad was out working and texted me saying "we wont be able to go"
I wasn't really bothered at the time I was too excited about his return,
the next day at school me and my friends were just chanting THIS IS IT THIS IS IT! everyone was excited for me.
on March 10th I came downstairs in the afternoon and my dad had been up since 6 oclock in the morning but the website was stuck, after hours of waiting we finally had confirmation and was going to see Michael on the 26th July :cry:

thank you Michael :(

Last edited:

Oh Em_Mj your post brought back so many memories for me too :cry:
All the excitement of the announcement and then the anxious wait for tickets then the happiness of getting the tickets and then.....:cry:

How things can suddenly change :cry:

Omg, I will never forget this day.
I was so excited, I couldn't focus on school. I skipped my last hours of school, to make sure I would be home on time..
But Mikey, got stuck in traffick haha. I expected him to come down by helicopter or something, but no, he went by bus. xD

I was so nervous, I needed to pee so badly, but I was afraid I was going to miss out as soon as I walked away. So I just sat there in front of my computer ranting on MJJC about Mike being late. Once is started my internet broke down, so I ran like I never ran before to the television to search for BBC. I tuned in on the ''I just want to say that these will be my final show performances in London.'.

I screamed haha, I just couldn't controll myself anymore. And I remember thinking ''OOH, he said London! HES GONNA DO WORLDTOUR!!!!''. MJJC went crazy, everyone was so excited. I signed up for pre sale, after making 10 different email accounts haha. I even signed up all my friends for pre sale, so I got extra codes.

I remember us all talking about Mike having this swagger walk. xD Someone searched up what kind of jeans he was wearing, $400 dior jeans. :p I remember when he walked out of that bus, he looked like ''What..we're not taking the golf buggy?''.

Damn, those were the times...

You guys still remember this? :) We were having so much fun with this.

Ahh I am dreading this day/ week... it really was the best, most exciting week of my life! :(
I just remember the moment they said mj will be making an announcement at the o2, I literally was jumping all over the house screaming and I have a dent in my bedroom ceiling to prove it!.. It was so exciting, rushing home from school to see the announcement and everything, I had it on my computer, and two different tv channels so I wouldn't miss it, but then mike was a few hours late haha! and then watching that 3 minute long advert on ITV.. it was so great to see that he was back! :(
Oh and the day I got tickets was so good but frustrating!! :L , I woke up so early and had about 10 presale codes because I had applied so many times! and I ended up taking the morning off school just trying to book tickets because it was taking so long to load haha!

I just can't believe its almost a year ago, its gone too fast and its so sad :(

I had written a short poem on March 5th 2009. I considered it to be the best day of my life as i couldn't believe that i'd be getting the opportunity of going to an MJ concert.
I might post the poem I wrote almost a year ago. Jesus, I don't want this day to come.

Omg, I will never forget this day.
I was so excited, I couldn't focus on school. I skipped my last hours of school, to make sure I would be home on time..
But Mikey, got stuck in traffick haha. I expected him to come down by helicopter or something, but no, he went by bus. xD

I was so nervous, I needed to pee so badly, but I was afraid I was going to miss out as soon as I walked away. So I just sat there in front of my computer ranting on MJJC about Mike being late. Once is started my internet broke down, so I ran like I never ran before to the television to search for BBC. I tuned in on the ''I just want to say that these will be my final show performances in London.'.

I screamed haha, I just couldn't controll myself anymore. And I remember thinking ''OOH, he said London! HES GONNA DO WORLDTOUR!!!!''. MJJC went crazy, everyone was so excited. I signed up for pre sale, after making 10 different email accounts haha. I even signed up all my friends for pre sale, so I got extra codes.

I remember us all talking about Mike having this swagger walk. xD Someone searched up what kind of jeans he was wearing, $400 dior jeans. :p I remember when he walked out of that bus, he looked like ''What..we're not taking the golf buggy?''.

Damn, those were the times...

You guys still remember this? :) We were having so much fun with this.

Oh yeah, the steve porter mix:wild:
Loved it and played it like 24/7 xD

And the walk he did when he left his bus, it was the time like 'here comes Mike and I'm going to conquer the world again' :)

OMG HAHA, I JUST FOUND AN EMAIL I SEND TO MICHAEL JACKSON LIVE.
I remember being so pissed off, because they released tickets before it's official selling time. I send them a ranting email, because I remembered there was this girl who complained about the victory tour tickets being too expensive and she got free tickets and a backstage pass. I must have been thinking that Michael was going to read my emai or something and feel sorry for me lol, it totally doesn't make any sense what I wrote.

Especially because I got tickets a few minutes after I wrote the email lol. After a while I just got so stressed out, that I just randomly clicked on every date, not even checking for which date I was trying to buy myself a ticket anymore. And at the end it turned out to be opening night! :D

Here's my email haaha xD

Dear MichaelJacksonLive crew,

I'm Maura a 17 years old teenager from The Netherlands, who has been a Michael Jackson fan for a very long time. I didn't got to go to any of his concerts or tours before and was really excited when the 02 concerts were announced. I was so happy with the news I could literally cry and couldn't stop talking about anything else since the announcement was made. It got so bad, my teachers would let me sit in the hallway everytime I was about to pronounce the name 'Michael Jackson'.

I immediatley signed up for the presale and was so happy when I received a email with my code. I knew that there was only a tiny chance of actually getting a ticket at the presale, but I stayed up all night long yesterday and didn't went to sleep at all to increas my chances of getting a presale ticket.

I was online all night staring at my computerscreen and refreshing every Michael Jackson Concert page for some new information. It was about 6.58 (Uk Time) when I checked the fanboard again and it was then that I saw messages which were post at 6.45 from people who said they already got their ticket booked on 6.40!
I immediatley tried to buy myself a ticket on ticketmaster, which said tickets weren't online yet. So apparently some tickets were given away before 7.00 AM (UK Time) and some not. When I gave it another show at 7.00 AM it was too late, most of the presale tickets were already given away and I was on the waiting list right ''for 15 minutes or more'' (While I immediatley signed in at 7.00 AM).

I waited for half an hour when my waiting finally went to 12 minutes, when it went down to 2 minutes, when it went down to minute it said some ''error occured'' and that I couldn't get my ticket.

I tried to buy myself a ticket for 5 times now, but all I get is this:

There was a problem processing your request.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I knew that there was only a little chance of me getting a ticket, but the thought of that some fans, including myself, didnt get to sleep at all and then tickets are sold before the official selling time is just unacceptable! This is just so unfair towards the fans, who waited till 7 AM. If it is said that presale starts at 7 AM then it should start at 7 AM and not at 6.45!
I know the demand is huge, but this way I was not given a fair opportunity to buy a ticket. There are so many fans who bought their ticket before 7 AM and even got the time to buy theirself multiply tickets to several shows when they found out they could purchase them before 7 AM.

I know there's a general sale on friday, but I don't even want to know what's going to happen then. Will people purchase a ticket at 5 AM?

I'm really wondering what went wrong, and how this could happen. You would think that with such a major event, everything would be really organized. I think the organisation has a lot of explanation to do. At this moment, I am at my 10th attempt to buy myself a ticket, I'm outside the UK but I tried to call the English Ticketmaster line, which keeps hanging up on me. The fact that it isn't clear wether presale tickets are sold out or not is just really frustrating.

I hope you guys can give an explanation why this happened and if I should try to buy my ticket earlier on friday or that I should just stick to the regular time.
I apologize for my grammar, but I'm just too tired to think clear in English. (I remember wanting them to feel sorry for me xD)

I hope to get reply before friday!

Finally...
Finally, he has made it thru,
After all the trials and tribulations,
After all the doubts and frustrations,
After all the sadness and madness,
He has come back, to perform for you
So honor, honor the man,
Do you hear me?,
Don't shatter his dreams
Really...,

Softly you say to him,
That you will be there,
And...,
That you do care...

actually I had just changed some lyrics of ''Will you be there''... that is how happy I was back then.

hi guys..
i want to share my messages i sent to my friend in march on Bebo
you can see how happy and excited i was,
click on the pictures to make them bigger

29za8o8.jpg

x0nvh0.jpg

oh god, when i got tickets :cry:
2aiki9k.jpg

Last edited:

hi guys..
i want to share my messages i sent to my friend in march on Bebo
you can kinda see how happy and excited i was,
click on the pictures to make them bigger

and look at the dates :(

29za8o8.jpg

x0nvh0.jpg

oh god, when i got tickets :cry:
2aiki9k.jpg

^ Heartbreaking.

I was soooooooooooooo happy when I got my tickets that I cried and I couldn't sleep.

This thread brought tears to my eyes. :boohoo: All the emotions from that day are flooding back. Getting tickets to see Michael. I've never been so happy in my life. And I don't think I will ever be as happy as I was on that day. Coming online talking to everyone, sharing stories about seats etc was just the greatest feeling in the world. Although the dream never got to come true, unfortunately, at that moment in time NOTHING could get us down as we thought they were. What happened after isn't going to take away my immense feelings of happiness from that day. Ever.

I was living in Rotherham for work at the time and I was at my flat texting back and forward sooo excited. I had the laptop so close to my face when he came on anyone who entered would have thought I was trying to get into my laptop! :D

This thread brought tears to my eyes. :boohoo: All the emotions from that day are flooding back. Getting tickets to see Michael. I've never been so happy in my life. And I don't think I will ever be as happy as I was on that day. Coming online talking to everyone, sharing stories about seats etc was just the greatest feeling in the world. Although the dream never got to come true, unfortunately, at that moment in time NOTHING could get us down as we thought they were. What happened after isn't going to take away my immense feelings of happiness from that day. Ever.

See what I mean? People keep making these topics and it just upsets people! At least if your going to make a thread like this then actually make it on march 5th! Posting a screen capture of your reaction to Michael announcing the shows is even worse!

It just upsets people all the more.

I know how you feel hun. :better:
But remember that those are our memories and that there is no one who can take those away from us. This is something that we will cherisch in our hearts forever. It's one of those moments which made me feel so proud to be a MJ fan, because besides being happy about him performing again, it truely showed how his music connected fans from all over the world.
It made me realize that we all had this special relationship and unity together, because of him.

Don't be too sad about it. I just realized that today is the first day that I look back with a smile upon my face on those events, instead of thinking of ''what could have been''.
I truely feel honoured to say that I was a part of this, the whole 'This Is It' mania. Feel blessed that you were able to witniss that magical moment.

Gees, I remember being on my laptop at 5am in the morning, logging onto FB and seeing everyone online! I couldn't sleep that night, and as soon as the tickets went on sale I woke up my whole house when my confirmation went through with my squeal of delight. :( What I'd give to have that back, how it could go from sheer delight to despair still eludes me.

:cry: I remember I had to go somewehere so I couldn't see the press conference live but it was so exciting!
"See you in July" :weeping:

See what I mean? People keep making these topics and it just upsets people! At least if your going to make a thread like this then actually make it on march 5th! Posting a screen capture of your reaction to Michael announcing the shows is even worse!

It just upsets people all the more.
Yeah.. it's so hard to see these threads but still I personally keep opening them, I don't know why but I just read all the stuff that makes me so sad..

Gees, I remember being on my laptop at 5am in the morning, logging onto FB and seeing everyone online! I couldn't sleep that night, and as soon as the tickets went on sale I woke up my whole house when my confirmation went through with my squeal of delight. :( What I'd give to have that back, how it could go from sheer delight to despair still eludes me.

I'm totally with you on that!

I remember waking up at 4 and tossing and turning until 5 then got up and logged on and kept all computers in the house on - we had a bank of three computers going and three mobile phones. I made the kids late for school and phoned in work and, God forgive me, I lied and told them I was gonna be late because I was waiting for the repair guy to come and fix my daughter's wheelchair!!!!!!!!! :lol:

After so many false starts and site crashes we ended up with five dates - I floated to work. Wish I could spend my time in that bubble now :sad:

I'm totally with you on that!

I remember waking up at 4 and tossing and turning until 5 then got up and logged on and kept all computers in the house on - we had a bank of three computers going and three mobile phones. I made the kids late for school and phoned in work and, God forgive me, I lied and told them I was gonna be late because I was waiting for the repair guy to come and fix my daughter's wheelchair!!!!!!!!! :lol:

After so many false starts and site crashes we ended up with five dates - I floated to work. Wish I could spend my time in that bubble now :sad:

I never managed to get tickets but i so feel for you Diane :hug:

I know how you feel hun. :better:
But remember that those are our memories and that there is no one who can take those away from us. This is something that we will cherisch in our hearts forever. It's one of those moments which made me feel so proud to be a MJ fan, because besides being happy about him performing again, it truely showed how his music connected fans from all over the world.
It made me realize that we all had this special relationship and unity together, because of him.

Don't be too sad about it. I just realized that today is the first day that I look back with a smile upon my face on those events, instead of thinking of ''what could have been''.
I truely feel honoured to say that I was a part of this, the whole 'This Is It' mania. Feel blessed that you were able to witniss that magical moment.
Aww I know! :hug:Everyone panicking, crying, screaming.. .. Although we didn't actually get to go to the show, no one can say "nothing came of it". So much came of it - we all became so much closer through it, and had so much fun planning and flipping out together. The closeness we all developed because of buying tickets really meant a lot the night Michael passed... we all knew who'd be there for us.

You know the crazy thing is? It's that I never even KNEW about this until he passed on. :(
I was like "WHAT!? He was going to perform again?!?"
I'm in the U.S. I don't know how we didn't get commercials or anything for This Is It. My idea was that its because he wasn't performing here. Only out in London. But still. I imagined it was big enough news for the entire world to know. And the fact it sold out all 50 shows, totally freaked me out. Like I was the last person on earth to know about Michael's return. sheesh.

I miss him. Really... I really really miss him. I only come to this forum just to look at him (the pics you guys post of him) and read whatever news there is on him, even though he's no longer here with us. Otherwise I'd have canned my account long ago.

You know the crazy thing is? It's that I never even KNEW about this until he passed on. :(
I was like "WHAT!? He was going to perform again?!?"
I'm in the U.S. I don't know how we didn't get commercials or anything for This Is It. My idea was that its because he wasn't performing here. Only out in London. But still. I imagined it was big enough news for the entire world to know. And the fact it sold out all 50 shows, totally freaked me out. Like I was the last person on earth to know about Michael's return. sheesh.

I miss him. Really... I really really miss him. I only come to this forum just to look at him (the pics you guys post of him) and read whatever news there is on him, even though he's no longer here with us. Otherwise I'd have canned my account long ago.
Aww Nar :better: I'm sorry you didn't hear about it earlier. We're here missing him with you :hug:

Back