March 06 - 08 News and mentionings - Album deal? The rumours are many!

mj'sholding up the baby...lol feel odd calling him one since he's 7 now..u can see his other hand around his father's neck.

and it looks like jr is just playing around. they're pretty tall for their age (paris and prince) but then again, their parents are taller than average

Bless his soul...Rest in Peace, Mr. Williams.

I'm really sad to learn about David Williams death. I love his work with MJ. RIP to him and condolences to his family.

weird i was was just watchin mj flick his guitar during black or white earlier 2day lookin @ how kool he looked,and 2find hes dead...may he rest in peace

I am so saddened to hear of David Williams demise. My thoughts and prayers are with his widow and family. R.I.P. David.

Thankyou for the news and mentionings and also the vids and pics. It is certainly Michaelmania, as always.

I'm saddened to hear that David Williams is no longer with us. RIP Mr Williams.

Could I ask if any fans want to go to this Daily Mail editorial article and give thumbs up (in green) to all the positive comments? They're quite a lot but as usual the haters wanted to give it thumbs dow (in red). Grrr... It's weird because the Mail DID have a couple of other positive articles...It's just this Amanda Platell columnist biatch... lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...L-*****-sad-day-British-values-.html#comments

Could I ask if any fans want to go to this Daily Mail editorial article and give thumbs up (in green) to all the positive comments? They're quite a lot but as usual the haters wanted to give it thumbs dow (in red). Grrr... It's weird because the Mail DID have a couple of other positive articles...It's just this Amanda Platell columnist biatch... lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...L-*****-sad-day-British-values-.html#comments

I would just ignore articles like this. The writer's upset because she can't understand why MJ got such a warm reception in London. Just ignore it. She's one of those haters who was prancing around saying MJ could never come back. Nobody liked him anymore, according to her. She's sore because the last few days have proven her wrong. People love MJ and she can't take it. The majority of comments are in support of MJ. Most are saying they dissagree with the writer. So don't worry about it.

Annie Lennox on MJ:

Of course, this week there has been another star who was famous in the 80s making a comeback. A certain Michael Jackson.
15236132.jpg
'King Of Pop' Michael Jackson

Annie Lennox never met the King Of Pop when they were touring around at the same time, but she is looking forward to his return.
"I certainly appreciate Michael's amazing talent as a musician and a performer," says Lennox.
"I'm sure there will be a lot of people who want to go and see him. I do feel kind of sorry for him. But as an artist I have a lot of respect for him, he's a huge talent."
But enough about *****, we've heard plenty about him lately - what's next for Lennox herself?
"Now I just feel that I'm enjoying being my own person and having my autonomy," she smiles, clearly relaxed.
"I need that feeling as an artist. I need to keep moving on and not necessarily to be looking back. So that's where I'm at."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh...well,_Questioning_His_Right_To_Judge_X-Factor

Im sad to hear bout mr david willams
He will sadly missed, but always remembered!

RIP DAVID WILLAMS!

*He also performed on the Triumph, Victory, Dangerous and HIStory tours....

http://earbender.com/2009/03/david-william...ackson-madonna/

DAVID WILLIAMS, GUITARIST WITH MICHAEL JACKSON, MADONNA

will_st.jpg

David Williams as he appeared
in an ad for Thomastik-Infeld
guitar strings

I was sorry to read the news about David Williams this morning in the NY Post (”Madge Guitarist’s Grim Death”). Apparently the lifelong sideman with some of the top names in the business died without health insurance, at Sentara Hospital in Virginia, of complications from high blood pressure.

David Williams played on countless records and was an exceptional rhythm guitar player. His most famous moment was the “clean” guitar solo on Michael Jackson’s breakthrough “Billie Jean,” including one of its most indelible performances, on the Motown 25 TV Special. On numerous records, we have listened to David Williams many, many times.

I believe the quotes from Williams’ wife who said the hospital treated her callously. More and more often, I find that “the system” not only favors those who can afford to pay, but actually disfavors those who can’t or are “on the edge.” We can assume the sad scenario of a hospital telling family members to “pull the plug” due financial hardship is being played out thousands of times daily across the country.

Another example of the moral decay of America. When did it become ok for corporations to abuse people? RIP David Williams, your music will live forever. It will be hard not to think about his demise as I hear some of the records — happy, funky music that now has a tinge of the blues.

---------------------------------------------------------

credits:

* Michael Jackson
* Off the Wall
* Guitar

* The Jacksons
* Triumph
* Guitar

* The Jacksons
* Live (Epic)
* Guitar

* Michael Jackson
* Thriller
* Guitar

* Paul McCartney
* Pipes of Peace
* Guitar

* The Jacksons
* Victory
* Guitar

* Jermaine Jackson
* Jermaine Jackson
* Guitar

* Michael Jackson
* Bad
* Guitar

* Michael Jackson
* Dangerous
* Guitar

Oh wow! Thats shocking!
But its too true. I see it and read about it all the time.
And the treatment his wife got from the hospital is deplorable.
It's very disheartening when you continue to realize the many levels of
discrimination.

Rest in peace, David.

Good morning everyone! I shall post the latest updates in the news thread for March 8, 2009. Did anyone remember to change your time here in the US?

All the news articles are repeating the same news that we have posted in the news thread already so I shall not post anymore of those news articles. There is nothing new to report except for word that Michael has already left UK for the US and you may discuss that here on this thread: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60778

Michael Jackson Mentionings for March 8, 2009:

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/opinion...aig/2009/03/08/alison-s-diary-78057-21181695/

Off to see Thriller at the Festival Theatre. It's the history of Michael Jackson's music, from ABC to the present day. Within 15 minutes the entire audience are on their feet and waving their arms, myself and Teenwolf included. By half time, there is a buzz round the auditorium and by the end everyone is moonwalking or doing a Thriller zombie routine. Great night. We get in the car and Teenwolf tries to find a dance track on the radio so we can boogie on the way home. "No way can I sleep after that," he says, so we sit up, drink hot chocolate and eat cake. Even watching other people exercise makes me hungry - there is no hope.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article9297.html

For instance the financial capital of the middle east Dubai that saw house prices during the whole of 2008 soar by 40%, however this masks the fourth quarter reversal that saw an 8% drop that has continued to accelerate during the first two months of 2009 into a full blown crash in property prices. The pace of decline is put at an eye watering 7% per month which is prompting panic amongst many foreign investors that bought into the Dubai property bubble including many of the worlds celebrities as the Mirror reports CELEBS LOSING £80K A WEEK ON THEIR DUBAI MANSIONS
Stars including David and Victoria Beckham, Michael Jackson and Brad Pitt are losing £80,000 A WEEK as their luxury Dubai villas crash in value.
Celebs who bought the properties in their droves over the last few years have seen prices halve, with pads worth £3.2million in October now on the market for £1.6million.
Already some of the mainstream press's property sections are implying the fall in prices is a great time to buy i.e. the Property Times Online - " For Dubai's fans, this makes it a great time to buy."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh...well,_Questioning_His_Right_To_Judge_X-Factor

Of course, this week there has been another star who was famous in the 1980s making a comeback. A certain Michael Jackson.
15236132.jpg
'King Of Pop' Michael Jackson

Annie Lennox never met the King Of Pop when they were touring around at the same time, but she is looking forward to his return.
"I certainly appreciate Michael's amazing talent as a musician and a performer," says Lennox.
"I'm sure there will be a lot of people who want to go and see him. I do feel kind of sorry for him. But as an artist I have a lot of respect for him, he's a huge talent."

http://www.fresnobee.com/entertainment/music/story/1246011.html

It has been more than 20 years since Paul Simon helped introduce the American mainstream to Ladysmith Black Mambazo on his "Graceland" album. These days the group is still doing what it has been since the 1960s -- using a capella harmonies and captivating dance to share a piece of South Africa with the world.
Ladysmith Black Mambazo has won Grammys, performed at the Olympics and for Nelson Mandela, plus worked with such entertainers as Michael Jackson to Josh Groban.

http://www.sltrib.com/arts/ci_11846202

Transfusion Hype Dance Company and artist Todd Powelson team up for "About Love," a merging of performing and visual arts. The show will feature Powelson's pen-and-ink drawings as the sets for the show, paired with original music by Mason Newport. The dance company was founded by Ashlee Prentice, who has danced and choreographed for Michael Jackson and BB King.

Michael Jackson HIStory for March 8, 2009:

1993 - Michael Jackson started a film company to produce movies with uplifting themes.

1996 - The musical "Sisterella" premiered at the Pasadena Playhouse in Pasadena, CA. Michael Jackson was co-executive director and had invested in the play.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE KING OF POP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=047P-WGkh4A

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! I shall post the latest updates in the news thread for March 8, 2009. Did anyone remember to change your time here in the US?
:eek: no,I didn't...but I think all of ours must have changes automatically.....whew!!! thanks

aww man the news about David Williams is so sad, he and Michael looked like they had fantastic chemistry working together, he was always laughing around him too! :( so sad that he wont be playing with Michael at his gigs in July. RIP David! :(

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmkE50HQfng&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmkE50HQfng&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></EMBED>

http://newsblaze.com/story/20090308092006tsop.nb/topstory.html

New York's Disability Community Reaches Out to ''King of Pop'' Michael Jackson

New York's disabled community reaches out to perform at Michael Jackson's comeback tour. One of New York's largest disabled and individuals with special needs organizations, Family Residence Essential Enterprise (FREE), based in New York, is reaching out to music legend Michael Jackson upon hearing his announced on March 5, 2009. Jackson is looking to mount a thriller of a comeback after not performing in more than a decade and the Feeplayers were thrilled to hear it. After performing Thriller over a 100 times they are confident in reaching out to Jackson to help him brush up on his moves or teach him a few new ones.
Jackson's comeback has erupted idea's of being a coming out for the Freeplayers who have worked hard, despite all obstacles, to replicate the dances from the 1982 video. It would be an honor to be recognized for all of their hard work and tributes to the king of pop. "Our 3,000 individuals with special needs still today look up to Jackson as one of the greatest performers of the 20th century" says Jeff Cohen, Director of Gift Planning.
He is not only an idol for the Freeplayers but his devotion in raising money for charities and non-profits has sparked Free's imagination on how to give back and the group is rigorously reaching out and has high hopes in becoming the new Jackson 5 for 2009.

About National Foundation for Human Potential
The National Foundation for Human Potential through Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. (FREE), benefits more than 3,000 individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental illness or traumatic brain injury and their families each year on Long Island.
document.write('
Comment on this story, by email comment@newsblaze.com
Click here to get NewsBlaze News in your email
');

http://acn.liveauctioneers.com/inde...chael-jackson-lawsuit-over-neverland-contents

Auctioneer reacts to Michael Jackson lawsuit over Neverland contents
Written by CATHERINE SAUNDERS-WATSON, Auction Central News International
Sunday, 08 March 2009 11:06 BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (ACNI) - In an exclusive telephone interview from Ireland, entertainment memorabilia auctioneer Darren Julien expressed his surprise and bewilderment over the lawsuit Michael Jackson's representative filed against his company, Julien's Auctions, on March 4, 2009. The suit seeks to stop the upcoming sale of more than 2,000 personal items from Jackson's Southern California property, Neverland Valley Ranch, and alleges Julien's has "effectively stolen Michael Jackson's personal property" and refused to return any of it "despite repeated demands."

Julien told Auction Central News he has "no idea why" the lawsuit was filed. "We have a contract," he said, "and hopefully they will come to a realization and honor the contract. Everything we have done, Dr. Thome (Jackson's manager) has approved...We're proceeding with the auction because that's what our contract is for." The high-profile event is scheduled for April 22-25 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.

Julien said there can be no misunderstanding as to the role Julien's Auctions was expected to play in the dispersal of more than 2,000 personal items from Neverland, with contents including Jackson's platinum and gold records, a Rolls-Royce limousine and even the distinctive entry gates to the entertainer's property. "They contacted us in July 2008, and our whole dialogue for the last eight months has been for nothing but an auction," said Julien. "We are not movers or a storage company; we are auctioneers.'

"I work with very high-profile celebrities and estates, and am a very rational, honest and ethical person. We wouldn't have (the Michael Jackson) contract if that were not the case," Julien said. In the past, Julien's company has conducted auctions on behalf of U2, Barbra Streisand, Cher, William Shatner, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne; and the Estates of Bob Hope and Marilyn Monroe.

The original plan was for the Neverland residence to be cleared out within 30 days, Julien said, but the scope of the operation required an extension to 90 days. On one occasion while working at Neverland, Julien said, he received a phone call from Jackson himself, who expressed his appreciation to the auctioneer. "He said he was very thankful to us for saving his property."
According to Julien, Dr. Thome Thome, who has represented Jackson's interests throughout the negotiation and planning of the auction, visited Julien's warehouse "many times, probably 50 times" to supervise the lotting and cataloging process. "Our instructions had been to take everything from Neverland," Julien said. "Michael Jackson and Dr. Thome had already removed what they wanted, so we cleared it out - we took everything. Dr. Thome even made a point of telling us not to forget to take the entry gates on our way out, as they would ‘bring a lot of money.' Now he's saying he never told us to sell anything." The lawsuit specifically alleges that Julien's Auctions had no right to dismantle and take the gates.

Julien said Dr. Thome told him in confidence last November that Jackson would be announcing a series of farewell auctions to take place at London's O2 arena in July. "Dr. Thome even referenced that when (Jackson) announced the concerts in the spring, that would help promote the auction," Julien said.

Neverland - named after the fantasy island in the story of Peter Pan, where children never grow up - is nestled on 2,800 acres near Los Olivos, Santa Barbara County, California. The property formerly included a zoo and a private amusement park.

Julien said that last fall, acting on instructions from Dr. Thome, his company dismantled and sold many of the rides and amusements by private treaty. "The house is empty, now, and the animals have gone to zoos and other places. There were only a few left when we were there."

On Nov. 11, 2008, Jackson transferred Neverland's title to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC, and neighbors reported immediate activity on the property including removal of the amusement rides. It was unclear at that time whether or not Jackson still owned a stake in the property, since Sycamore Valley Ranch is a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital LLC, an investment company run by billionaire Thomas Barrack, Jr. According to Julien, Neverland's ownership was "taken over by Colony Capital. I don't know what they'll do with it down the road." Reportedly, Jackson is now living in the exclusive Los Angeles neighborhood of Bel Air.

Julien said he is hopeful that the pending lawsuit will not damage his company's reputation, and said those who know him well within the entertainment community have assured him it does not impact their impression of him. "I think the public knows we would not go into a place and remove property without the intention of doing an auction," Julien said. "We have a good team and good attorneys. No matter how we are treated, we will continue to treat (the consignor) fairly and honestly. Right now, all I'm focusing on is doing a first-class job for the client."

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/*****-tour-could-be-a.5050337.jp

Jackson tour could be a real Thriller for Aston

1pixel_spacer.gif

« Previous
« Previous

Next »
Next »

View Gallery

Published Date: 08 March 2009

BOYBAND star Aston Merrygold was today remaining tight-lipped over growing showbiz rumours that JLS are set to perform with the King of Pop Michael Jackson at his forthcoming London concert dates.

It was announced on Thursday that the global superstar would be performing 10 "goodbye" shows at the O2 Arena, in Greenwich, this July.
And the news has reignited international speculation that JLS, featuring Peterborough's own Aston, would be one of the support acts for the superstar.

The 21-year-old former Jack Hunt School pupils and his JLS bandmates were finalists in popular TV talent show X Factor – singing some Jackson classics along the way.
A source close to Jackson (50) was quoted as saying that the singer of hits such as Bad and Beat It was a huge fan of the show, and JLS in particular.
The rumours eventually subsided, but now that Jackson's shows have been officially announced. American TV's ABC News has been Startin' Something – with speculation once again of a connection between the star and the young wannabes.
Today, Aston would not say if the speculation was Off The Wall. He told The Evening Telegraph that if they were lined up to perform with Jackson or not, he simply couldn't comment.
However, Aston did speak of his delight at the prospect of Jackson performing in the UK and also of his disappointment at missing out on a meeting with the star.
"It's amazing that he's here," said Aston, adding: "We were supposed to be having a picture with him on Thursday at the O2, where we were performing that night, but we were stuck in traffic.
"As everyone knows, I performed as him on Stars in Their Eyes when I was younger and he's a hero to me."
Aston was speaking to The Evening Telegraph from a recording studio where JLS have been laying down tracks for a soon-to-be-released first album.
The popular four-piece act, which also includes JB, Marvin and Oritse, have been in a plush studio every chance they get in between their X Factor tour dates.
He added: "The recording's going well and we are working really hard. We're putting down as many tracks as we can and doing it as soon as possible.
"There's no release date just yet, but hopefully a single will be out as soon as possible. The songs are something fresh to the ears, nothing that's been done before and exciting."

It almost reads like Tohme signed for or agreed to things that didn't jive with MJs wishes !!!

Thanks for the news.

Great video! - MJ is the only person on earth who could possibly get this many people to gather outside a theatre!

So nice to see him out in the puplic again!

If Julien is focusing on doing a first-class job for his client named Michael Jackson, then he needs to give Michael back the things that Michael does not want to part with. Julien can simply update his website to let people know which items are no longer available. That would be the ethical thing to do.

Back