March 06 - 08 News and mentionings - Album deal? The rumours are many!

oh my god! Thanks Lorraine!! and thaz great that ur daughters and friend was there!!!
wow.... THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE there huh?
Amazing!
MichaelMania is totally back in full swing? And would I be exagerrating if I said...BIGGER AND BETTER!!!?

Omg that video, I remember Natalie from MJNO! :eek:

And daang, literally LOTS OF PEOPLE, no space, just filled with them! Talk about a very warm welcome. o_o :lol:

Wonderful pictures from the hotel! Awww look at mj and his kids waving! :wub: Cute!

Last edited:
Michael Jackson adds 10 more dates to comeback tour

• transparent.gif
  • transparent.gif
6/03/2009
this-is-it-michael-jackson-press-conference-450-943437956.jpg

Jackomania gripped the world again yesterday, and we can reveal the comeback star is to stage a further 10 London concerts.
The dates, in addition to the 10 already confirmed by the singer this week, will be announced to fans imminently.
The news comes after nearly a million people registered for tickets – enough to fill the 20,000-capacity O2 arena at the former Millennium Dome 50 times over.
And the website to register for pre-sale tickets is reporting 14,000 hits a minute.
A source said: “There is no question Jackson has still got what it takes. The fact that he has been away for so long has only added to the clamour for tickets.”
Meanwhile friend and business manager Dr Tohme Tohme has spoken about the star’s planned comeback.
Tohme, who is staying with ***** at the Lanesborough Hotel, West London, said: “He has come back to put an end to all the bulls**t rumours about his health. I think he has answered his critics.
“He is back to his old self – he’s fine, and couldn’t be in better shape. He was away for all this time because he was dedicating his life to his children and being a single parent. This is the reason he took a break from music.
“It was his idea to make a comeback because he misses his fans and his fans have missed him.”
*****, rumoured to have caught MRSA and have respiratory problems, has always denied that he is in poor health. Last night, he was set to go to the theatre with friend Mark Lester to see Oliver!
Lester, 50, played the title role the 1969 film adaptation of the Lionel Bart musical.
At the launch on Thursday ***** vowed: “The Moonwalk is coming back.” His O2 residency begins on July 8 for 10 nights. The 10 extra shows are expected to run soon afterwards.
Randy Phillips of promoter AEG Live said that the dates are the first step of a three-year tour with plans for concerts in New York, Mumbai and Paris.
It is estimated the London shows and merchandise could net ***** up to £50million, and with a tour to follow this could rise to £280million. Tickets go on sale at 7am on March 13.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...-more-dates-to-comeback-tour-115875-21177334/

OMG.. I can't wait for Mike to come to New York! :wild:

Thank for the window pics. I can't get over how GORGEOUS that smile of his is. He truely is a handsome man.

The pics of MJ and his children are so precious. Thanks for posting that.

:punk:Isn't this excting times for us MJ fans we actually have news.This week has been a roller coaster ride with the news. More news about the Michael Jackson Week for American idol, and of course the big announcement Michael Jackson made on Thursday is still on fire!

Michael Jackson News fro March 7, 2009:

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/bl...13-will-sing-michael-jackson-songs-next-week/
American Idol: The Top 13 Will Sing Michael Jackson Songs Next Week

March 7, 2009 12:00:38 by Paulene Hinds

michael-jackson-american-idol-week-one.jpg

Fox has confirmed that the Top 13 American Idol finalists will perform Michael Jackson’s hit singles next Tuesday on the show. Will Michael Jackson be mentoring the contestants? No way.

A rep for American Idol says Jackson will not be mentoring the contestants, and says to his knowledge Michael Jackson will not be appearing on the show either.
Oh well, we still have to look forward to two rockin’ performances by special guests in week one of the Top 13 showdown. Kanye West and American Idol Kelly Clarkson are scheduled to perform on Wednesday’s elimination show.
It is interesting to note that American Idol judges must have had a change of heart about the King of Pop. In the past they have warned contestants about choosing his songs? With season 8 of American Idol being chocked full of surprises, maybe Michael Jackson will make an appearance afterall.
Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news and info! Visit our American Idol message boards and tell us what you think. For more on American Idol, check out SirLInksALot: American Idol.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...F589A-A1CF-4665-8001-A6BB6DA903E4}&dist=msr_1

Giraud says 'Idol' to have Jackson theme

Last update: 2:22 p.m. EST March 7, 2009

LOS ANGELES, Mar 7, 2009 (UPI via COMTEX) -- "American Idol" finalist Matt Giraud says the U.S. TV show's final 13 competitors will perform hits from pop star Michael Jackson.
Giraud said he was excited to perform a Jackson hit during next week's show as the "Idol" judges continue to whittle down the Season 8 competitors, E! Online reported Friday.
"I think that Michael Jackson theme night is coming up, so I'm excited about that," Giradu said Thursday. "I love the Jackson 5 stuff too, but I'm not sure what song to sing yet."
E! Online said the Jackson-themed performances have been scheduled for Tuesday night. The theme night will be followed up Wednesday with performances from rapper Kanye West and former "Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson.
Meanwhile, FOX representatives confirmed Jackson will not be appearing on "Idol," one of the network's biggest hits.

http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/43289

Michael Jackson sees Rowan Atkinson in 'Oliver!'

0935_180122_michaeljacksonpaphotos1L50309.jpg
Pic: PA Photos

Singer hits the London theatre scene
Michael Jackson has hit the London theatre scene – heading out last night (March 6) to catch West End musical 'Oliver!' at the Theatre Royal in Covent Garden.

The singer, who announced that he would play ten shows at the London O2 Arena in July during a press conference on Thursday (March 5), watched the Rowan Atkinson-starring performance with his children and a few minders, reports The Sun.

Jackson signed autographs for fans outside the venue and hugged one bold admirer who came up to him during the interval. He clapped along to the performance and according to theatre-goers seemed to know the words to the songs.

Actor Alan Davies was in the crowd, and was astonished to suddenly find himself sat a few seats away from the King Of Pop.

"He was about four seats away all night," he wrote on his Twitter stream, Twitter/com/alandavies1. He added that Jackson was "loving the show. He applauded a lot at the end, signed a couple of programmes and left. Funny old world."

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/a148881/report-jackson-to-play-10-extra-shows.html

Report: Jackson to play 10 extra shows

Saturday, March 7 2009, 8:48am EST
By Sarah Rollo, Entertainment Reporter
160x120_michael_jackson.jpg
Rex Features

Michael Jackson is reportedly expected to announce a further ten London concerts after nearly one million people registered to see him in his "final curtain call".
The Mirror reports that the further O2 arena dates will be announced by the singer imminently. More than 14,000 people per minute are visiting the website to register for pre-sale tickets, and so far numbers could see the 20,000 seat arena filled 50 times over.
A source said: "There is no question Jackson has still got what it takes. The fact that he has been away for so long has only added to the clamour for tickets."
Jackson's O2 residency is said to be part of a £283 million comeback deal with AEG Live and begins on July 8 for ten nights. The extra shows are expected to run soon afterwards and are planned to be followed by concerts in New York, Mumbai and Paris.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for March 7, 2009:

http://www.chipleybugle.com/localnewsmar09/chipola-3-7.aspx

Tickets still available for CHIPOLA’S ‘Back to the 80’s’
Tickets are still available for Chipola Theater’s totally awesome musical, “Back to the 80’s,” which opens a five-day run March 18.
“Back to the 80’s,” is straight from the era that brought the world The Rubik’s Cube, Michael Jackson, Madonna and The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all set to the biggest hits of the 80’s.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20090307/LIFESTYLE/903070318

In honor of Friday the 13th, we're pulling together a DVD Swap and some horror movie trivia for a fun night out. We're encouraging you to bring your favorite action, thriller, horror, adventure movie to the event that you've watched and are ready to pass along - and you then network with others at the event and agree to a mutual DVD swap. You can agree to give it up for good, or negotiate a future exchange - you decide. We've got great prizes, snack foods, and drink specials. And if you stay long enough - maybe a dance off to the classic Michael Jackson hit Thriller. This event is $5 for [iF] Mover and Shaker members, $10 for non-members. If you purchase your annual [iF] membership at the door, you'll get into the event for free!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/siegfried-roy-d.html

So it was with some trepidation that I tuned in to last night's 20/20 installment Siegfried & Roy: The Magic Returns, which chronicled the duo's journey back from Roy's 2003 tiger attack to their recent farewell performance for charity. After all, most of the story of their lives has already been detailed (met on an ocean liner, became famous showmen, had the Mirage resort built for them, got special Michael Jackson song recorded for them, ranked among the world's highest-paid entertainers) or glossed over (that, um, unique bond of theirs) countless times in the past. And the tale of their tragedy, survival, and recovery has also been the subject of several TV specials and interviews.

Michael Jackson HIStory for March 7, 2009:

1992 - Michael Jackson's single "Remember The Time" hit #3 in the U.S.

1997 - The Best R&B/Soul Video Award was renamed the Michael Jackson Video Award at the 11th annual Soul Train Music Awards.

2005 - During Michael Jackson's child molestation trial, the younger brother of Jackson's accuser described to jurors in graphic detail how he twice saw the performer fondle his brother.

Anyone have a Remember the Time doll?

Gallery%20pic%201%20MJ%20doll.jpg

I've never ever seen one of those Remember The Time dolls before, I didn't even know they existed lol. The hair isn't right though lol.

LOL that doll is adorable. I've always wanted to get one of those MJ dolls, but never really found one.

Thanks for the updates. Michaelmania is back in full force. Michael's smart in that he's doesn't let himself get over exposed, so people never get tired of him. Even after 40 years in the industry, he's still drawing in crowds. I remember before the press conference the media were doubtful that anyone would show up LOL. "oh, the past had messed up Michael's career. He wouldn't have the same effect" they said. I would have loved to see their faces when they witnessed FULL GROWN MEN screaming and crying like teenage girls. Michael has always had this amazing presence. People can feel him when he's in the room with them, and it makes them go wild. I could even feel it watching the press conference through a computer screen. It's incredable.

Yep it's Michaelmania all over again! :punk:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-parisfashion7-2009mar07,0,3962304.story

Christophe Decarnin's Balmain show flashes back to Michael Jackson, MC Hammer

[COLOR=#333333! important]Olivier Theyskens' collection for Nina Ricci bucks the retro trend and steps into the future. Nicolas Ghesquiere makes recession-friendly fashions for Balenciaga.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#999999! important]By BOOTH MOORE, Fashion Critic
March 7, 2009 [/COLOR]
Reporting from Paris -- Michael Jackson couldn't have picked a better time to make a comeback. There he was on Thursday, the fashion muse of the fall season, announcing his "final" tour in London while dressed in a sparkly, "Thriller"-era jacket that looked a lot like the ones coming down the runway at Balmain just hours before at Paris Fashion Week.

Balmain designer Christophe Decarnin, who has been cribbing from Jackson and other '80s icons for a while now, is to blame for fashion's current crystal addiction, for sparkly biker jackets and disco-ball micro mini-dresses that have crept into the wardrobes of Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Moss, and onto nearly every runway this season.

Decarnin is the reigning king of trashy luxe. So, not surprisingly, he gave us a repeat performance for fall. His collection was one of several bold but varied statements in the opening days of the fall collections here, where expectations are high after lackluster weeks in Milan and New York.

*He also performed on the Triumph, Victory, Dangerous and HIStory tours....

http://earbender.com/2009/03/david-william...ackson-madonna/

DAVID WILLIAMS, GUITARIST WITH MICHAEL JACKSON, MADONNA

will_st.jpg

David Williams as he appeared
in an ad for Thomastik-Infeld
guitar strings

I was sorry to read the news about David Williams this morning in the NY Post (”Madge Guitarist’s Grim Death”). Apparently the lifelong sideman with some of the top names in the business died without health insurance, at Sentara Hospital in Virginia, of complications from high blood pressure.

David Williams played on countless records and was an exceptional rhythm guitar player. His most famous moment was the “clean” guitar solo on Michael Jackson’s breakthrough “Billie Jean,” including one of its most indelible performances, on the Motown 25 TV Special. On numerous records, we have listened to David Williams many, many times.

I believe the quotes from Williams’ wife who said the hospital treated her callously. More and more often, I find that “the system” not only favors those who can afford to pay, but actually disfavors those who can’t or are “on the edge.” We can assume the sad scenario of a hospital telling family members to “pull the plug” due financial hardship is being played out thousands of times daily across the country.

Another example of the moral decay of America. When did it become ok for corporations to abuse people? RIP David Williams, your music will live forever. It will be hard not to think about his demise as I hear some of the records — happy, funky music that now has a tinge of the blues.

---------------------------------------------------------

credits:

* Michael Jackson
* Off the Wall
* Guitar

* The Jacksons
* Triumph
* Guitar

* The Jacksons
* Live (Epic)
* Guitar

* Michael Jackson
* Thriller
* Guitar

* Paul McCartney
* Pipes of Peace
* Guitar

* The Jacksons
* Victory
* Guitar

* Jermaine Jackson
* Jermaine Jackson
* Guitar

* Michael Jackson
* Bad
* Guitar

* Michael Jackson
* Dangerous
* Guitar

Blanket looks so much like his daddy. Cute photos.

Whoa, sorry to hear about the guitarist that worked on MJ's albums. His work is appreciated.

Last edited:
............ThXXX for the pics and vid!
Awwwwwwwwwwww,his kiddies!:wub::D
So sweet and cute!:wub::D

I really hope somebody read the article I put up.

Yes I read it :). It is very sad about David Williams, my thoughts go out to his family and friends. Its terrible that he couldn't get the treatment that he needed because he didn't have health insurance. R.I.P. David Williams.

003.jpg

So sad about David Williams ... saw the news via Siedah Garrett's Facebook status, couldn't believe it. I hoped maybe he'd come back with some of the old band members for the London shows.

Sad to hear about David Williams. May he rest in peace.

Back