March 06 - 08 News and mentionings - Album deal? The rumours are many!

mariemarie

Guests
As I decided to do this weekends news thread, I was almost afraid to search for today's Michael Jackson's news and mentionings; There's simply TOO much! I never thought I would say this, but newssites are just packed with everything about yesterdays event from A to Z!

If you want to chat and read about yesterdays happenings, go to the newly created O2 forum (but you probably know that by now) A lot of fans is on board these days. Be nice to eachother and enjoy. Have fun :heart:

So, instead of posting what you guys allready knows, lets take a look at the Today in HIStory. Give In To Me were huge in todays history. One of my alltime favorite musicvideo and song. Don't you guys think it simply rocks totally all over the floor? Man, I love that...

Edit: Look for news posted further down this page as the day moves on!!

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1993 - Michael Jackson's single "Give In To Me" hit #2 in the U.K.

1996 - Maureen Doherty, former vice president and general counsel for MJJ Enterprises Inc., filed a lawsuit in California state court seeking damages for sex discrimination.

2001 - Michael Jackson gave a speech at Oxford Union.

michaeljackson_givein480.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Mar¨ch 06 - 08 News and mentionings

Steve Harvey is having Michael Jackson freedom friday day. they are playing all of Michael's music in regards to this concert in London.

Steve Harvey is having Michael Jackson freedom friday day. they are playing all of Michael's music in regards to this concert in London.

That's pretty awesome. Thanks for telling :)

Re: March 06 - 08 News and mentionings

Man, I'm so happy for MJ. He must be on top of the world today, feeling like a million bucks.

I'm thrilled!

I have no idea where to post it so I'll just do it here? I think it's a rumour(?) but
we'll see. :D

According to the head of AEG Live, Randy Philips, Jackson is expected to recieve more than $400m (£283m) for a deal to include a new album and the 10 concerts in London. A further deal could include a possible world tour and a 3-D movie based on the Thriller music video.

YAY! :clapping:Great to hear!

I have no idea where to post it so I'll just do it here? I think it's a rumour(?) but

According to the head of AEG Live, Randy Philips, Jackson is expected to recieve more than $400m (£283m) for a deal to include a new album and the 10 concerts in London. A further deal could include a possible world tour and a 3-D movie based on the Thriller music video.

I definitely Hope that is TRUE!! :)

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

:wild::wild:

you think if this whole shindig goes down and Mike makes $bank$ they will cut the bankrupt crap?...naw, somehow MJ will have had a shopping spree and spent it all and he will still be in debt. Just watch...but anyway

Fantastic news!!!:punk:

That's really cool of Steve. His friends pulling for him all the way. If anybody listens to the show, let us know what he says.

AEG seem to be involved in releasing his music as well.

Saturdays favourite for Jackson support

Friday, March 6 2009, 21:47 GMT
By David Balls, Entertainment Reporter
160x120_the_saturdays_interview_1.jpg

The Saturdays are being tipped as the most likely support act for Michael Jackson's upcoming 02 residency.
The 'Just Can't Get Enough' singers have been given better odds than established acts like Girls Aloud, Sugababes and Duffy to open Jackson's summer shows.
Bookmakers Paddy Power made the girlband favourite to perform at the comeback gigs with odds of 7/1. Lady GaGa, Janet Jackson and The Script are joint second favourites at 8/1.
The 'Thriller' star's former wife Lisa Marie Presley has been given outside odds of 150/1.
The Saturdays recently announced details of their first headline tour in June.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a148853/saturdays-favourite-for-jackson-support.html

^ Thanks for posting! even tho I dont like any of the bands/performers who Michael will let them start the show with..

Michael Jackson adds 10 more dates to comeback tour

• transparent.gif
  • transparent.gif
6/03/2009
this-is-it-michael-jackson-press-conference-450-943437956.jpg

Jackomania gripped the world again yesterday, and we can reveal the comeback star is to stage a further 10 London concerts.
The dates, in addition to the 10 already confirmed by the singer this week, will be announced to fans imminently.
The news comes after nearly a million people registered for tickets – enough to fill the 20,000-capacity O2 arena at the former Millennium Dome 50 times over.
And the website to register for pre-sale tickets is reporting 14,000 hits a minute.
A source said: “There is no question Jackson has still got what it takes. The fact that he has been away for so long has only added to the clamour for tickets.”
Meanwhile friend and business manager Dr Tohme Tohme has spoken about the star’s planned comeback.
Tohme, who is staying with ***** at the Lanesborough Hotel, West London, said: “He has come back to put an end to all the bulls**t rumours about his health. I think he has answered his critics.
“He is back to his old self – he’s fine, and couldn’t be in better shape. He was away for all this time because he was dedicating his life to his children and being a single parent. This is the reason he took a break from music.
“It was his idea to make a comeback because he misses his fans and his fans have missed him.”
*****, rumoured to have caught MRSA and have respiratory problems, has always denied that he is in poor health. Last night, he was set to go to the theatre with friend Mark Lester to see Oliver!
Lester, 50, played the title role the 1969 film adaptation of the Lionel Bart musical.
At the launch on Thursday ***** vowed: “The Moonwalk is coming back.” His O2 residency begins on July 8 for 10 nights. The 10 extra shows are expected to run soon afterwards.
Randy Phillips of promoter AEG Live said that the dates are the first step of a three-year tour with plans for concerts in New York, Mumbai and Paris.
It is estimated the London shows and merchandise could net ***** up to £50million, and with a tour to follow this could rise to £280million. Tickets go on sale at 7am on March 13.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...-more-dates-to-comeback-tour-115875-21177334/

is it poss to listen to the steve harvey show online ?

Now, I am mad. Why did I throw out my radio?! I would have heard that the man Steve Harvey was dedicating his whole show to Michael. That is amazing news. Steve has been there for Mike ever since the bull happened to him. I hope that he and the other members of her show get a chance to go to the concerts. They deserve it! :)

I do not mean to be a Debbie Downer but I read the local metro paper (Philadelphia edition) this morning and I was LIVID. The clown that writes "The Word" edition for the crap paper, trashed MJ saying things like, "does he have fans anymore?.... they were more like gawkers....." Referring to the fans that went to the O2 event. I e-mailed that fooled and let her have it. Here is her e-mail addy:

dorothy.robinson@metro.us

Now, you do not have to do this, but if you do, please let her know that you are a fan, where you are from, and tell her off. That way she knows that she should know her facts before she trash Michael and his fans. Fans, we have been through so much and do not feel sad when clowns like this miserable Dorothy Robinson character want to rain on Mike's and the fans' parade. We have to put our anger into a positive way and be proactive.

Also, on the Today Show, fouth hour, Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford talked about MJ. According to my sister, Kathie Lee stood up for Mike. She basically said (parahasing) that MJ has been through so much in his life, the media needs to leave him alone and that she wants to see what he is going to do onstage.

Thanks marie and everyone for the news.

The Mirror has a good article for the 3rd day in a row! And pigs fly indeed! lol

Forever a child but Michael Jackson will still thrill

• transparent.gif
  • transparent.gif
By Fiona Phillips 6/03/2009
michael-jackson-pic-getty-101190380.jpg

There are hordes of fans who adore Michael Jackson. And just as many people who don’t.
So when he uttered, in his boyish way, “This is it” – announcing that his London dates would be his last in the UK – his words will have provoked conflicting reactions.
Me? I sort of feel as though I know him. From meeting him in 1991 when he launched his Heal The World charity, to reporting from outside Neverland Ranch when he was first accused of child abuse in 1993, then reporting from inside it when he opened the gates to welcome children’s charities with his then-wife Lisa Marie Presley, and having interviewed his mum, dad, sisters and most of his brothers, I feel I’ve got the measure of the man.
I feel for him but not as overwhelmingly as some.
I remember meeting a British fan, while I was covering the story of Jackson being accused of child abuse by the father of 13-year-old Jordy Chandler in LA in 1993. Her name was Denise Pfeiffer but she called herself Wendy “because Michael is Peter Pan”.
She was thrown in jail after being accused of harassing the Chandler family “for the lies they’re telling about Michael”.
Advertisement - article continues below »

Anyway, we all ended up at actress Lynn Redgrave’s Hollywood house after Lynn put up £10,000 to bail Denise/ Wendy out. Lynn was moved by her plight because she believed in Michael’s innocence, too.
To some, Michael is an untouchable performer – the King of Pop. To others he’s a weirdo with an unhealthy interest in children. But to most he’s a unique talent, whose vision of the adult world has been warped by his childhood dealings with it. It’s why he has never really wanted to grow up. He has a child’s attitude towards money and relationships. His best friends are children because, essentially, he’s still a child. And why wouldn’t he be, when all his life people have done things for him?
In his Neverland bedroom he had pictures of Mickey Mouse and former child stars like Liz Taylor – not out of some perverse pleasure but because his adulthood was arrested by never being allowed to develop.
He has the naivety of a child – he was only five when blasted to stardom – yet has a musical gift and insight that verge on genius. He has a huge personality when he performs and an apologetic demeanour in company.
When I shook hands with him 17 years ago, his hold was limp as he whispered: “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”
Come the summer at London’s O2 Arena, I have a hunch that the pleasure will be all ours.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/column...el-jackson-will-still-thrill-115875-21176925/

When will Steve Harvey play his music?

Edit: Ok Nevermind lol

Last edited:
The news comes after nearly a million people registered for tickets – enough to fill the 20,000-capacity O2 arena at the former Millennium Dome 50 times over.
And the website to register for pre-sale tickets is reporting 14,000 hits a minute

Damn!:wild:......

I can't wait for these tickets to go on sale and what a thing it would be if most of the tickets get sold out from the presale?LOL

The critics would be dumbed into silence!

Aww that is fantastic!
I love him :wub:

Back