Lionel Richie on Michael

I don't think I want to watch. Usually I would but with what he has said lately I don't know.

Yes he is on now and Piers said he is going to ask him about Whitney oh lord.

He mentions Michael. Um he talks about the pressure Whitney went through with her voice and he mentioned how Michael had the pressure to not only sing but dance. He says how people in the industry are perfectionists and all this pressure they put on themselves and he says what happened to both of them were tragedies. I am summing this up. I am sorry i can't remember word for word.

I was expecting this sooner or later :( don't forget what he said on Aug 2010.

I will be there for his children... I think they have a better chance now. I think they have a better opportunity to live a normal life. You know it's hard to be Michael Jackson's kids because you're out and it's you with Michael Jackson and he was larger than life."
Yeah Lionel you really are there for PPB, with "loving friends" like you they can have a normal life now..they are better without their father :(

What?!? Did he actually say that? I just can't believe it.
I just can't believe someone would actually say that.

OMG he said that? I don't remember reading about it at the time. That's a shocking quote.

Y'all better read that again. From what I read, those are not a part of Lionel's words.(the red part)

But nevertheless, what he did say leaves little to be desired.

Back on topic, Michael was silly and had a helluva sense of humor. (that's a good thing)

Lionel Richie, Smokey Robinson et al has long proved they loved and cared for MJ. They are quite vexed about the way MJ died. All they are saying...is they don't condone taking propofol in a home setting... Nor Should They.

Walking in reality...

Lionels words were harsh, and In my opinion totally unnecessary. I don't see anything wrong with him airing his opinion on prescription drug addiction and whatnot, but those last words were completely uncalled for and quite disrespectful. I am not the type of fan that believes Michael was untouchable, that he had not a single flaw, but Lionel really should not be saying such convicting harsh statements.

I suppose lionel means the children whilst under mj's care, were prevented from having their photos in the newspapers every week and from being involved in lots of exciting business opportunities with shady men and appearing on lots of different talk shows to promote stuff for other people where interviewers can exclaim how normal they appear to be. I'm guessing to a celeb like lionel this is being better off. Words fail.

Yeap, and the thing that makes me even more angry about these comments is that these people do not even know what these kids lives were like. These kids learned more because they were exposed to more knowledge via books, trips, shows, lessons, love, dialog with dad and others, etc., etc., than Lionel and his children ever did. They make it seem like putting on a veil when they were with Michael and home schooling is the most terrible thing in the world. Thank God for the few like Kathy, Chase, and Randy who insist publicly that he was a wonderful father.

I will be there for his children... I think they have a better chance now. I think they have a better opportunity to live a normal life. You know it's hard to be Michael Jackson's kids because you're out and it's you with Michael Jackson and he was larger than life."

Sorry but that comment is far more then talkin about just bein against medical drugs. No child can possibly be better off without their parent, unless the parent is an child abuser. Which MJ was not! So just because MJ was famous like no other don't mean that his kids are better without him now. Which is pretty much what Lionel implied unfortunetly.

MJ protected his kids far more better then they are now reguardless of his fame. I lost count as to how many pictures of Paris they are every month some where posted online since they showed their faces in his memorial...it's ridiculous. That's not trying to make MJ perfect by saying he did a better job then the situation they are in now but, it's a damn fact he did a far better job in their protection. Stating this don't make me a non sane MJ fan either. And I find it stupid that others have to accuse someone of this when trying to make a damn valid point. Geez!

Last edited:
I wish Michael was still here for them all the time. He had their best interests at heart like nobody else.

Sorry but that comment is far more then talkin about just bein against medical drugs. No child can possibly be better off without their parent, unless the parent is an child abuser. Which MJ was not! So just because MJ was famous like no other don't mean that his kids are better without him now. Which is pretty much what Lionel implied unfortunetly.

MJ protected his kids far more better then they are now reguardless of his fame. I lost count as to how many pictures of Paris they are every month some where posted online since they showed their faces in his memorial...it's ridiculous. That's not trying to make MJ perfect by saying he did a better job then the situation they are in now but, it's a damn fact he did a far better job in their protection. Stating this don't make me a non sane MJ fan either. And I find it stupid that others have to accuse someone of this when trying to make a damn valid point. Geez!
Well said. I know Lionel didn't flat out say the kids are better off without their father but that's what the comment implied. In my opinion saying that the kids have a better chance of living a normal life now that their loving father is dead is just entirely inappropriate. Their lives are always going to be in some ways different from average because of who their father is. Michael's death doesn't change that. Saying that the kids will in some way benefit from their father being dead sounds really insensitive and inappropriate to me.

I think people who make comments like that fail to realize how much Michael actually succeeded in giving them as normal life as possible. It's not like they wore masks all the time and lived inside their home all their lives. So what if they were homeschooled? They're hardly the only kids in the world to be homeschooled.

And I have to say I find it pretty funny that people always criticize Michael for having his kids wear masks, but at the same time they criticize him for not giving them a normal life. Don't they realize that because of those masks they actually could live a pretty normal life? Nobody knew what the kids looked like, and so they could go anywhere without being recognized. How are their lives more normal now that the paparazzi follow them around and tabloids write stories about them?

In my opinion making comments about the kids having a better chance to live a normal life without their father ignores
the fact that Michael did a great job of parenting his kids. Everyone who knows the kids agrees that they are happy, well-balanced, well-raised kids. Isn't that what's important?

Well said. I know Lionel didn't flat out say the kids are better off without their father but that's what the comment implied. In my opinion saying that the kids have a better chance of living a normal life now that their loving father is dead is just entirely inappropriate. Their lives are always going to be in some ways different from average because of who their father is. Michael's death doesn't change that. Saying that the kids will in some way benefit from their father being dead sounds really insensitive and inappropriate to me.

I think people who make comments like that fail to realize how much Michael actually succeeded in giving them as normal life as possible. It's not like they wore masks all the time and lived inside their home all their lives. So what if they were homeschooled? They're hardly the only kids in the world to be homeschooled.

And I have to say I find it pretty funny that people always criticize Michael for having his kids wear masks, but at the same time they criticize him for not giving them a normal life. Don't they realize that because of those masks they actually could live a pretty normal life? Nobody knew what the kids looked like, and so they could go anywhere without being recognized. How are their lives more normal now that the paparazzi follow them around and tabloids write stories about them?

In my opinion making comments about the kids having a better chance to live a normal life without their father ignores
the fact that Michael did a great job of parenting his kids. Everyone who knows the kids agrees that they are happy, well-balanced, well-raised kids. Isn't that what's important?

What is it with all these artists who are envious of Michael Jackson? I bet Lionel qualifies his comments, often, by saying he considered himself Michael's friend, and is trying to 'help' Michael. I always watch out for people who like to qualify their comments.

What is it with all these artists who are envious of Michael Jackson? I bet Lionel qualifies his comments, often, by saying he considered himself Michael's friend, and is trying to 'help' Michael. I always watch out for people who like to qualify their comments.

144000 Oh My Goodness, Oh My Goodness, Oh My Goodness, Oh My Goodness, it is so good to see you!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back to the fold. We missed you during the trial, but you are back when exciting things are happening like the Bad campaign.

About Lionel--that is the way all Michael's friends from the old days are.

How Many Of Michael Jackson's "Friends" Have Betrayed Him? Part 1

In the Michael Jackson fan community there has been much dicussion about the way some of his so called friends have talked about and portrayed MJ since his passing in 2009. Recently there has been much disappointment with some of the comments made by Lionel Richie.

On Access Hollywood Richie followed the medias cliche by making comments reffering to the circumstances of Whitney Houston's death being the same as Michael Jackson's. Weeks later that was proven false by Houston's toxicology report.

In another interview Richie talked said "what we saw later was a product of the failure of the rest of his life". On this web page we report the facts of the King Of Pops life and career. The facts are, just months before his death Jackson sold out 50 shows at the world's leading concert arena. By contrast Lionel Richie promoted his country album "tuskegee" by performing on the Home shopping Network. Perhaps Richie saw MJ's last years as a failure because Michael didn't change his style and *audience by going country. Jackson also never changed his love and devotion to his fans. Another thing that never changed was MJ always being with and raising his children since the day they were born. Paris Jackson called her dad the best father in the world and by all accounts he was excellent single parent. His children are always described as we'll mannerd and polite.

Lionel Richie should look at the erratic public behavior of his own daughter and the revalations known about his previous marriage. Take a look at his own career compared to the King Of Pop's. Then take a look at Jackson's autopsy and facts from the Conrad Murray trial that proved Michael Jackson was a very healthy man whose death was caused by another (homicide). If Richie is indeed a true friend perhaps then he would reconsider his comments and his definition of "failure".

MJ Legacy7

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Jackson-was-NOT-an-addict/288817687803025?ref=ts

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Last edited:
Back