Lady Gaga admits taking cocaine ‘occasionally’

^^ :hysterical:

She's becoming more ridiculous every time I see her..

The cover looks so amateurish, I mean look at the font :mello: Quite underwhelming for "the best album of this decade".

The cover looks so amateurish, I mean look at the font :mello: Quite underwhelming for "the best album of this decade".

"Best album of this decade"?? LMAO! :lol: What delusional idiot fancied that? Musically speaking, her stuff is subpar. The best thing she's got going for her is her live performance work, and it's not what I would call impressive.

"Best album of this decade"?? LMAO! :lol: What delusional idiot fancied that? Musically speaking, her stuff is subpar. The best thing she's got going for her is her live performance work, and it's not what I would call impressive.

Lady Gaga herself pulled that quote out of her backside! We'll be the judge of that one hun!

Keep playin' in to Gaga's hand y'all! Lovin' it! Pure gold! You bitch and moan but you're only doing her a favor. LOL!

I am listening to 'Alejandro', though.....Good tune lol

I don't know if you remember Ace of Base, a pop group from Sweden. The group was quite famous back in the 90's. Ace of Base hit it big with the Sign. Alejandro sounds so similar to songs from Ace of Base's Happy Nation.

I still don't understand why people keep saying Lady Gaga is original and creative. Actually, many of her songs sound de javu to me.

Keep playin' in to Gaga's hand y'all! Lovin' it! Pure gold! You bitch and moan but you're only doing her a favor. LOL!

People are meant to be posting their opinions on a discussion forum, and it's not our fault Lady Gaga or others of this deliberately grotesque kind (no, not referring to Britney, because at least she's a good person unlike some other hot shots today) are the way they are. And if they're coming up with mostly crap nowadays, which they're obviously coming up with, I'd be loving it if more than just a few would 'fall' into their trap and bitch and moan, as you say, for, luckily, some have got a pair of eyes to see. Most are singing her praises, all it takes is reading some YouTube comments or read the press about her to see how she's being perceived as the best thing since fresh water.

I don't know if you remember Ace of Base, a pop group from Sweden. The group was quite famous back in the 90's. Ace of Base hit it big with the Sign. Alejandro sounds so similar to songs from Ace of Base's Happy Nation.

Yes, to me too.

I still don't understand why people keep saying Lady Gaga is original and creative. Actually, many of her songs sound de javu to me.

Yeah, don't get it either...

Yeah, it's a total rip-off of 'Don't Turn Around' (which is a great tune)....Same with 'Born This Way' is a rip-off of Madonna's 'Express Yourself'....It's fine to be inspired, but she sorta rips off melodies to a tee, really lol.....I like Gaga's music, but it's probably because her songs induce nostalgia of the originals lol...So, really, she's not as creative and original as people think she is....I think it's because a lot of her fan base are just too young to realize who's she's copying...

[YouTube]Us9O_Anwi_Q[/YouTube]

Not really. None of our opinions either contribute nor detriment from her "career" as a superficial American capitalist musician with no value whatsoever to the human spirit and no contribution to the fine arts, so I fail to see how an opinion either way would do her a favour. The only favour you could possibly do her is buy her albums/songs. In the end, the only thing she's after is $, just like all the others. Whether your praise her until you're blue in the face, or see her as the pseudo-artistic commercial drone she is, makes no difference in the end because the only thing that matters is the money.

If I recall rightly, you're quite vocal about your disapproval of Rihanna and Justin Bieber. Just as you have the right to claim Rihanna and Bieber are nothing special, we have the right to claim the same about Gaga and speak our mind. If that's "bitching and moaning" in your book, then you, sir, are equally guilty.

Yeah, it's a total rip-off of 'Don't Turn Around' (which is a great tune)....Same with 'Born This Way' is a rip-off of Madonna's 'Express Yourself'....It's fine to be inspired, but she sorta rips off melodies to a tee, really lol.....I like Gaga's music, but it's probably because her songs induce nostalgia of the originals lol...So, really, she's not as creative and original as people think she is....I think it's because a lot of her fan base are just too young to realize who's she's copying...

[YouTube]Us9O_Anwi_Q[/YouTube]

Exactly! Gaga's music reminds me so much of the Euro pop that I heard when I was a teen... Her music doesn't bother me. What I don't agree with is how people think she's the freshest thing ever. She's clearly not. Many people have done the kind of music she's doing long time ago.

The song is an inferior version of Bad Romance.It's the same beat. Very mediocre song. I laugh at the reaction of the music critics though. They don't know ish when it comes to music apparently.

Not really. None of our opinions either contribute nor detriment from her "career" as a superficial American capitalist musician with no value whatsoever to the human spirit and no contribution to the fine arts, so I fail to see how an opinion either way would do her a favour. The only favour you could possibly do her is buy her albums/songs. In the end, the only thing she's after is $, just like all the others. Whether your praise her until you're blue in the face, or see her as the pseudo-artistic commercial drone she is, makes no difference in the end because the only thing that matters is the money.

If I recall rightly, you're quite vocal about your disapproval of Rihanna and Justin Bieber. Just as you have the right to claim Rihanna and Bieber are nothing special, we have the right to claim the same about Gaga and speak our mind. If that's "bitching and moaning" in your book, then you, sir, are equally guilty.

Yes, really. You are keeping the very thing you despise relevant simply by the constant chattering of her name and music, her every move (be it negative or not). You can tell yourself whatever you like, but that's how I see it. The fact of the matter is, that Gaga is the "it" artist and with that, comes immense scrutiny. Once your top dog, everyone initially wants a piece and then eventually wants to see you fall. The media hasn't exactly gotten to that point, but the people certainly have. I see chatter all over the net from envious fans who wish their fave artist was doing as well as Gaga. It's the same cycle over and over again. I realize that there are legit people who don't like her and never have, but hating on her is becoming a fad in itself. Again, just how I see things.

Not everybody is hating on her, I don't, and I could speak for Mikage as well in that she only expressed her opinions of Lady Gaga's commercial worth all-out, views that happened to be shared by others as well. People are not going 'on and on' against anyone in particular, not on here at least, they're just debating, i.e., at the moment, on the cover for 'Born This Way'. I don't see the big deal of this and how anyone is favoring Lady Gaga by debating on her. Debating, that's what it is. If attributes like 'hideous' or 'hilarious' used to describe her work is offensive to some, I'm sorry, but again, ppl have the right to be emotionally (if not, solely cerebrally) honest about the things they see.

Frankly, I don't dare coming to your thread again about Britney, Travis, because you are obvious a fan of hers, and opposite opinions on her and her work are not welcome. This is not your thread, nor anyone's in particular, it has diverted from the topic, true, but the fact of the matter remains, that ppl are free to post their thoughts and feelings about a thread's topic, and that, just like you see nothing wrong with criticizing the likes of Rhianna, Justin Bieber or other 'crazies' who don't like Britney Spears' latest work. Very much so, unless the title of the respective thread indicates the opposite.

Very late here, but had to add my two cents on this double standard. ...

I love all the new songs from the album I heard.

Born This way: Love it because it's very 90's Madonna and it's a great anthem. Don't know why the song got so much hate, it was meant to be a fun dance song.

Goverment Hooker: Reminds me of some Grace Jones & Nico stuff but it's a really dancey and I love the simple lyrics.

Judas: LOVE IT. Just love it. :p

I don't care for all the hoopla to be honest if she sold out or not. I just want to dance.

Yes, really. You are keeping the very thing you despise relevant simply by the constant chattering of her name and music, her every move (be it negative or not). You can tell yourself whatever you like, but that's how I see it. The fact of the matter is, that Gaga is the "it" artist and with that, comes immense scrutiny. Once your top dog, everyone initially wants a piece and then eventually wants to see you fall. The media hasn't exactly gotten to that point, but the people certainly have. I see chatter all over the net from envious fans who wish their fave artist was doing as well as Gaga. It's the same cycle over and over again. I realize that there are legit people who don't like her and never have, but hating on her is becoming a fad in itself. Again, just how I see things.

No, it really doesn't help her at all. Not any more than your constantly vocalizing your desire for Rihanna to go away helps her career. Were I a mainstream music "critic" or media personality paid to promote her album or a fan of hers (who doesn't illegally download her "music"), perhaps I could buy your argument--but I happen to be neither, so your argument makes no sense whatsoever. Internet forums are for discussion--many things are shared all across the board, spanning from irrelevant threads debating which restaurants are good and which aren't up to standards, to more relevant topics such as debating whose presidential legacy had the best/worst impact on a given time period. Arguing that voicing our distaste for Gaga somehow "helps" her is about as moronic as arguing people voicing their dislike of, say, George W. Bush's presidency somehow "helps" him.

Just like with Justin Bieber and other annoyances, it is the media, through its constant mention of her, who keeps her relevant. There's nothing one can do but wait it out--but I have the right to express my opinion while we wait for her to fade, and I intend to use it, just as you have repeatedly voiced your opinion on Rihanna. How are we any different, in that regard?

As for "envious" fans, I daresay you ought to re-learn the definition of the word "envy." People who envy do so because they lack something others have. All the artists I happen to be a fan of have more talent (vocal, lyrical, musical, and stylistic) than Gaga. Therefore, none of them have to "envy" that artificial attention whore, or any of the others who are popular within the mainstream. Do I wish they had as many "fans" as Gaga does? No. In my perspective, it's all about the quality, not the quantity. Gaga may have a lot of fans now, but I could say the same thing about Justin Bieber, and you know what they have in common? The bulk of those fanbases are composed of impressionable pre-teens and teenagers who wouldn't know music if it danced naked in front of them and slapped them in the face with a sequin glove. I give them five years to get over their "Gaga" and move on to the next trite tart who comes along. Just like Justin Bieber's fans, Gaga's present fans are superficial fans at best, because she's done nothing worthy of their lasting affection.

I would rather belong to a smaller fanbase composed of people who actually know what real music sounds like (and can recall music history, thus recognizing when someone is blatantly ripping off other artists.) I'm much happier being a fan of lesser-known artists who have no need for auto-tune, electronic beats, superficial lyrics about sex/alcohol, or desperate gimmicks, because they can carry themselves through talent alone and have the one thing neither Gaga nor most of her mainstream contemporaries possess: class.

Moral of the story: Popularity does not equate with quality--in fact, in the majority of scenarios, the more popular something is, the tackier it is, only because the majority of people have a phobia of material which actually makes them think, and a penchant for animalistic sex and violence (hence the success of mainstream music and professional sports.)

I, for one, do not adhere to such pedestrian tastes.

Last edited:

That's too harsh. Some people don't like her and they can say here. It's a MJ forum not Lady Gaga.

Back