L.A. County Coroner Findings

KingOfPop1

Proud Member
Please keep all updates regarding the coroner findings in this thread.

From TMZ:

The L.A. County Coroner will release Michael Jackson's cause of death in the next hour or so.

We're told the Coroner will not release the autopsy report, but we will learn what the Coroner believes killed Michael Jackson ... and what conclusions the Coroner has drawn from the death -- i.e., homicide, death at the hands of another.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0PUz79SGg

-------------------------------
Update 1:

CNN: http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/

Coroner’s conclusion on Michael Jackson expected Friday
Posted: 01:09 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) — The coroner’s conclusion on what killed Michael Jackson will likely be made public Friday, a spokesman for the coroner said.

The Los Angeles coroner was getting “everyone on board” — meaning the law-enforcement agencies involved in the investigation — for the release Friday of a portion of the autopsy report, Lt. Brian Elias said.

Elias would not say if the full autopsy report — or just a summary — would be released.

The coroner announced two weeks ago that he had completed the autopsy report but would withhold the conclusions at the request of the Los Angeles Police Department, which has been conducting a criminal investigation of the pop singer’s June 25 death.

A sworn police statement made public last week disclosed that the coroner had made a preliminary conclusion that Jackson died from a lethal level of the anesthesia propofol in his blood.

---------------------------------------

Update 2: Results

The L.A. County Coroner has just officially announced the cause of Michael Jackson's death -- Acute Propofol intoxication.

The report says "other conditions contributing to death: Benzodiazepine effect.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0PVKCzHLm

Update 3: More results

The L.A. County Coroner has just officially announced the cause of Michael Jackson's death -- Acute Propofol intoxication.

The report says "other conditions contributing to death: Benzodiazepine effect." Benzodiazepine is a group of drugs (see blow) used to treat anxiety and insomnia.

The manner of death is ruled: "HOMICIDE."

The Coroner did not release the full autopsy report -- just a press notice. It goes on:

"The drugs PROPOFOL and LORAZEPAM (Ativan) were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson's death. Other drugs detected were: Midazolam, Diazepam, Lidocaine and Ephedrine.

The final Coroner's report, including the toxicology report, will remain on security, per the LAPD.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0PVLV1VLm

Update 4: LAPD Investigation

The LAPD tells ET that the investigation into Michael Jackson's death is continuing, following the L.A. County Coroner's announcement about the cause and nature of Jackson's demise.

The LAPD, which describes itself as the "primary investigative agency" responsible for the death investigation, tells ET the investigation is "ongoing and will result in the case being presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney for filing consideration."

The LAPD adds that the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) and BNE (Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement) have launched their own independent investigations into findings the LAPD's investigation uncovered that "may not be directly related to [Jackson's] cause of death."
Keep checking back here for the latest Michael Jackson news.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/08/78047/index.html
-----------------------------------------

Update 5 - Official Press Release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RE: Coroner Case Number 2009-04415 – JACKSON, Michael Joseph

Earlier this month, the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner completed its investigation into the death of Michael Joseph Jackson, age 50, who died on June 25, 2009.

The cause of death was established as:

ACUTE PROPOFOL INTOXICATION
OTHER CONDITIONS CONTRIBUTING TO DEATH: BENZODIAZEPINE EFFECT

The manner of death has been ruled: HOMICIDE

The drugs PROPOFOL and LORAZEPAM were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson’s death. Other drugs detected were: Midazolam, Diazepam, Lidocaine and Ephedrine.

The final Coroner’s report, including the complete toxicology report will remain on Security Hold at the request of the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County District Attorney. In accordance with this request, the Department of Coroner will not comment on its completed investigation.
CRH - 08/27/2009
-------------------------------------
Update 6: California Attorney General Launches Investigation

BULLETIN -- CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERAL BROWN LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO MICHAEL JACKSON'S DEATH.

http://twitter.com/BreakingNews
-------------------------------------

Update 7: Updates from Murray's attorney and The Jackson Family

From the BNO Newsroom.

LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) -- Michael Jackson's family and the attorney of his personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, both issued statements after the Los Angeles County Coroner ruled the star's death a homicide on Friday. The earlier statement and press release from the Los Angeles County Coroner can also be found below.

Jackson family statement

"The Jackson family again wishes to commend the actions of the Coroner, the LAPD and other law enforcement agencies, and looks forward to the day that justice can be served."

Statement by Dr. Murray's lawyer
"This press release contains nothing new. For two months we have been hearing the same information, usually from leaks out of the coroner's office. One has to wonder why the coroner felt compelled to release anything to all if the police investigation is not yet complete.

In any case, this has all the earmarks of police gamesmanship, and we will not be responding until we get a full autopsy report, including the entire list of drugs found in Mr. Jackson, their quantities, and all other data that would allow independent medical experts to analyze and interpret."

http://twitter.com/BreakingNews
-----------------------------

Update 8: More info about the Attorney General

California Attorney General Jerry Brown is launching an independent investigation into the death of Michael Jackson.

Brown says the investigation comes at the request of the LAPD and will focus on several doctors connected to Jackson.

Brown said police have met with representatives of the attorney general's Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement and the DEA about what evidence has been uncovered.

The attorney general's office won't name the specific doctors their investigation is targeting.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0PWVKJjVU

ok on CNN they said the results are in , the coroner will announce them shortly

Time for anoher shock?! :(

This is final, soon all this mess is over.

R.I.P MJ

they have already given the preiliminary results can we stop with the drama it helps no one.

I'm afraid the questions will be more than the answers after the results are made public , but will they tell us the time of death or they will leave that out ?

i dont understand, why they are not announcing the results of the autopsy? When they can draw conclusions so they could tell because of which results.

I'm afraid the questions will be more than the answers after the results are made public , but will they tell us the time of death or they will leave that out ?

I hope so - I remember hearing that the paramedics found lividity on Michael's body, which means he died WAAAAY before Dr. Death Murray said he stopped breathing.

My guesstimate: Michael died between 1:00am and 6:00am.

CNN: http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/

Coroner’s conclusion on Michael Jackson expected Friday
Posted: 01:09 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) — The coroner’s conclusion on what killed Michael Jackson will likely be made public Friday, a spokesman for the coroner said.

The Los Angeles coroner was getting “everyone on board” — meaning the law-enforcement agencies involved in the investigation — for the release Friday of a portion of the autopsy report, Lt. Brian Elias said.

Elias would not say if the full autopsy report — or just a summary — would be released.

The coroner announced two weeks ago that he had completed the autopsy report but would withhold the conclusions at the request of the Los Angeles Police Department, which has been conducting a criminal investigation of the pop singer’s June 25 death.
A sworn police statement made public last week disclosed that the coroner had made a preliminary conclusion that Jackson died from a lethal level of the anesthesia propofol in his blood.

why is he only releasing his findings on cause of death and not the entire autopsy results?

I'm not sure.

I want to scour over the report - but I think if there's an ongoing investigation, that info is only for prosecutor/defense & police.

Any paralegals or lawyers in the house who want to clear this up?

Also - please don't google it under images. Supposedly there are some fake but very sick pictures of an actual autopsy label as Micahel's. I highly doubt those crime photos will ever see the light of day.

us the time of death or they will leave that out ?
depends imo if uare gonna arrrest afterwards. if u are still investigating then no and considering its not gonna be the full report maybe no arrests straight away

going by that its the media who are creating the story

maybe the family don't want the full autopsy released.
maybe it should be kept private from the public anyway.
the media/public dont have a right to ALL the info do they?

depends imo if uare gonna arrrest afterwards. if u are still investigating then no and considering its not gonna be the full report maybe no arrests straight away

going by that its the media who are creating the story

*&%)%$*)@#$!!!!!!!!!

oooh, if they don't arrest SOMEBODY today after this is released....

:mad:

I hope so - I remember hearing that the paramedics found lividity on Michael's body, which means he died WAAAAY before Dr. Death Murray said he stopped breathing.

My guesstimate: Michael died between 1:00am and 6:00am.

More like 8:30 am and 9:30 am IMO (I feel very strong about this time frame)

I'm not sure.

I want to scour over the report - but I think if there's an ongoing investigation, that info is only for prosecutor/defense & police.

Any paralegals or lawyers in the house who want to clear this up?

Also - please don't google it under images. Supposedly there are some fake but very sick pictures of an actual autopsy label as Micahel's. I highly doubt those crime photos will ever see the light of day.

thanks shimar.
i have to say in my search's i have stumbled across some very sad and sick photo's... makes me damn mad .

they should publish the time of death, so if people who saw murray leave or come into the house or at some other place would know that what they have may be of great interest to the investigation.

Elvis autopsy results were not published and won't be made public until 2027 , well, at least that's what i've read somewhere.

Back