Jermaine talks: Jackson 5 to reunite - Confirmed not to include Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmitc

Proud Member
Former pop idol Michael Jackson will join his siblings in resurrecting the `70 hit band The Jackson 5, his older brother says.

Jermaine Jackson has confirmed rumours that The Jackson 5 are getting back together and says they will tour from next year.

Attending a pay TV launch in Sydney, Jackson said his siblings were all on board including Michael and Janet.

Rumours have been floating around for a year.

"This has been a long time coming for the Jackson family to get back together," Jackson told AAP.
"It is just the timing, so what we've been doing is working on the music and all the logistics.

"It is going to be more like a family affair, Janet's going to open and, of course, the original Jackson 5 ... Michael, Randy and the whole family ... we're in the studio, we're planning on being out there next year."

Jackson was the guest of honour at the Multi Channel Network's 2009 launch to advertisers in Sydney. Other guests included US actor Jenna Elfman, Sarah Murdoch and Olympian Ian Thorpe.

Among new Australian programs to be launched next year are a reality boxing show called The Contender and a local version of US hair styling competition Sheer Genius.

Andrew Denton will produce a new advertising TV show called 30 Seconds, while comedian Peter Moon will also get a new show.

Second series for Project Runway and Football Superstar were also announced.
Three new pay TV channels will be launched on Saturday and MCN boss Anthony Fitzgerald said there would be more next year.

Foxtel boss Kim Williams also spoke, adding that the channel was confident in their sports line-up following Network Ten's announcement that it would launch a sports channel.

"Bring it on," he said.

Article link: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=657329

Note: Jermaine in Sydney, Australia! I'm now suspicious that he'll be on Australian Idol this Sunday night for "Michael Jackson night"

ugcEnvironment = new UGC.Environment(); ugcEnvironment.hostType = "live"; ugcEnvironment.jsonRequestUrlBase = "http://data.ninemsn.com.au/ugc/"; var flock_count = 6; var flock_id = 240936; var flockSecurityKeyPair = {key : "DF8B9827344C0ACC2AF53880019FCD559FAA49893DB6DB04", message: "7CAFA3D1A6E2BB017386C5B2A992DD8382A6A3C0B2F3886C"}; UGC.Flock.init();

Re: World exculsive: Jackson 5 to reunite

I think they should do a regular TV show!! It'd be awesome....

LOL, don't think so.

Last edited:

THEY could be the ones that bring Musical-Variety back to Television!!

I understand what you mean by not beliveing a word of this, but I'll remain optimistic on this one!

Jermaine has said this for the last 20 odd years.

its overdue :p all the talk is michael will make his comeback next year, this would boost his new album as well

Jermaine say's in almost every interview he does that the Jackson 5 are to reunite and that he's been in the studio with Michael and his brothers recording songs for the supposed new album, and it never happens.

I never believe a word of what Jermaine say's about a Jackson 5 reunion. Michael Jackson has a much bigger career and a far more important comeback to make. I hope the Jackson 5 will reunite for an album and tour one day. I've never attended a Jackson 5/ The Jacksons concert before, so I would be very excited, but after a Michael Jackson album and tour.

Jermaine said in early 2007 on the Richard & Judy Show that he was putting together a book about the Jackson 5. I hope he follows that through, as that's something more realistic at present and also something that would be of great interest to fans.

This is just what Jermaine is dreaming of doing for the last 20 years!

Last edited by a moderator:

If Jermaine is sooo much into touring, why doesn`t he make one by himself? :lol:

I for one dont liek this idea...if any reunion is happening on stage it should work like this....

Janet Jackson - Support Act (Opening)
Michael Jackson Concert - A 20 minute segment with his bros doing the J5 songs.

That is all I want, People want to see MICHAEL not his brothers who noone out of the fan community can even name! lol

OMG:.is Jermaine in SYDNEY???
What pay TV launch??
Where is he staying?
OMG OMG I GOTTA see him!

i hope it happens. i want a J5 reunion concert/tour soooo bad. all of the previous times jermaine mentioned a J5 reunion show he never actually confirmed it. he would always say "i hope", "we're discussing it", "it'll happen eventually" blah blah blah
this time he actually confirmed it. he said with absolute certainty that it will happen next year. he said whos going to open, he said that everyone including michael will be there. i dont think he'd give such details if it wasnt true.

also remember how in the beginning of the year janet said her bros were planning a tour and were all trying to convince michael to be a part of it ? thats why i believe this is going to happen. also tito and randy i believe when they were at the BMI awards in sept they both said that they're planning a Jackson family reunion tour.

Someone are stil believe him? OMG, he's such a pain in the neck!

He is simply doing it for his own publicity. Sorry..

That is all I want, People want to see MICHAEL not his brothers who noone out of the fan community can even name! lol

Maybe not people your age, but I reckon people 40 and up remember them all quite well. Jermain was a successful solo singer for a while and the Jacksons as a whole are remembered well. Maybe not by the younger crowd like your or I, but there is definitely a crowd for a Jacksons reunion.

Just because Michael is a global superstar, don't let that eclipse the popularity of the Jacksons/Jackson 5.

With that said, I am taking this "report" with a grain of salt.

With that said, I am taking this "report" with a grain of salt.

That's the smartest comment in this thread :yes: Gotta love Jermaine but he has been spinning the tale for a long time now. I for one would love to see Michael on stage with his brothers again. However, I'm more interested in Michael get on that stage solo first :yes:

Re: Jermaine talks: Jackson 5 to reunite

its not just jermaine who said it. many of his siblings have also said it. this time jermaine actually confirmed it. michael has been quiet for such a long time. i dont know why u guys find this hard to believe. he'll be out with a bang when nobody expects it and then most of u will have a heart attack lol

I for one dont liek this idea...if any reunion is happening on stage it should work like this....

Janet Jackson - Support Act (Opening)
Michael Jackson Concert - A 20 minute segment with his bros doing the J5 songs.

Actually, some people do want to see the brothers.
MJ had his origines in the black community and he started with his brothers. There are many MJ fans who are fans of the Jackson brothers and would like to see them all together again. Many other bands are reforming. the Rolling stones ahave reformed.
Also, jermaine is not the only one who said they were working at it. Janet, Jackie and latoya said so as well.
just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it isn't a work in progress.
MJ said he started with his brothers and he will end with them, this maybe his last tour and he may want to end it that way.
The Jackson family touring together, nothing could be bigger.:D

its not just jermaine who said it. many of his siblings have also said it. this time jermaine actually confirmed it. michael has been quiet for such a long time. i dont know why u guys find this hard to believe. he'll be out with a bang when nobody expects it and then most of u will have a heart attack lol
Well said Roxanne.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Actually, some people do want to see the brothers.
MJ had his origines in the black community and he started with his brothers. There are many MJ fans who are fans of the Jackson brothers and would like to see them all together again. Many other bands are reforming. the Rolling stones ahave reformed.
Also, jermaine is not the only one who said they were working at it. Jackie and latoya said so as well.
just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it isn't a work in progress.
MJ said he started with his brothers and he will end with them, this maybe his last tour and he may want to end it that way.
The Jackson family touring together, nothing could be bigger.:D

yeah that would be a dream come true for me. i'm a hardcore fan of the entire jackson family and i'd prefer to see a jacksons tour than a michael solo one. they're ALL awesome. i would love to see them all touring together again.

There's a little more truth in it this time.... ;)

Regardless if the article is true, (and i'm not gonna take it as the gospel), I want a J5/Jacksons reunion. I want them to have a full concert, and not just a segment in a show that is mostly based on Michael. We already got that with the 30th anniversary. They have so many great, classic songs I'd love to see live.

And to the person who said that many fans on this board don't even know the brothers names, that's not ENTIRELY true. You kinda jumped the gun on that statement. I love the Jacksons just as much as I love Michael. Honestly!

So like I said....regardless if this thing is true, because it probably isn't.....I still want this to happen. I don't care when, and I don't care how, just as long as I can watch it or be there to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back