Jermaine Jackson on Larry King merged - Keep all here on this topic

size of the family is no damn excuse

did they organize an intervention or not? how hard is that? was everyone under the same contention that he needed help? were they kept from him?

simple flippin questions that everyone should be the same page w/. how hard is that?

if ur conflicting, then shut up. it makes no sense.

u got two jacksons talking about omer bhatti but don't know a damn thing. don't know what omer's been saying. the kid is staying at the house. how hard is it to call and ask?

u got jermaine promoting projects when u shouldbe promoting the burial of ur brother. mr. muslim, he should've beenburied after the second autopsy, immediately. u should know better.

and then katherine asking for money from the estate when jermaine is riding in a new rolls royce. c'mon.

This is just my opinion I'm not saying its the right one its just mine :): My theory is Jermaine has always been jealous of Michael as he wanted to be the best singer in the family, he reminds me of a D list celeb craving fame. He loves the attention now, singing in front of millions at Michael's memorial, being on Larry King. I don't think Katherine tells him much about what is really going on(I don't think he was keeping quiet on purpose I think he doesn't know a lot of it) who can blame her?

I don't like him for introducing Michael to Tohme http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1615320/20090706/jackson_michael.jhtml and then of course Tohme is in with Colony Capital and AEG http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-michael-jackson31-2009may31,0,1441957.story?page=1 Jermaine comes across as OTT to me about it all. I'm not saying he didn't love his brother in some way, I wouldn't know either way - I'm just saying I get a bad feeling about him. I know this tribute gig is for charity and that is the best bit about it, that bit is great. What about the bit where he seems ok with AEG when the rest of the family who have spoken don't seem to be. Then I see this on this gossip site that I swear Prince has something to do with(as some stuff written in his style and everything Prince related on there they talk about turns out to be true like performance rumours) http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2009/08/07/jermaine-jackson-cashing-on-michael-jacksons-death/ (check out the MSNBC article they have a link to on there)

You see although the tribute Jermaine is behind is for charity it seems quite a few people didn't want anything to do with it http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32323435/ns/entertainment-gossip/ (scroll down the page for Jermaine bit)

Now Janet, I respect her a lot - she is grieving in private and respecting Michael. She will be at the WMAs(not performing) for something to do with Michael and who is rumoured to be performing a tribute... Prince. I know there is always the playful who is better MJ and Prince threads on these sites and Prince's forums but you know I think he really did respect Michael and if this is true(most written on the Dr Funkenberry site is true about Prince-he has announced a few things on there) then I bet it will be amazing I really do, he was out of this world in London in 2007 and has an amazing vocal talent like Michael. He also has had record label disputes, I think he understands Michael a lot. Jermaine... just comes across as desperate for attention and my gut feelings don't trust him.

That is just my opinion.

well then someone needs to take charge, hello, angel? what the hell r u doing o rnot doing, she's the spokesperson for a reason. do ur damn job

i knew it was just a matter of time before people would start criticizing Katherine. unbelieveable

yeah who is? I think Katherine is doing a great job. Its Jermaine that concerns me.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/archives/2009/08/how_did_jermain.php
How Did Jermaine Really Feel About Michael?
By Michael Musto in Featured, Michael Jackson, celebsTuesday, Aug. 4 2009 @ 9:00AM

​A few moments after Michael Jackson died, brother Jermaine Jackson started turning up on the air to do a whitewash, as it were, and talk about Michael's unimpeachable wonderfulness and the incredible tightness of their bond.

To remind myself of his one-time truer feelings, I picked up a 2003 book called Celebrity Tantrums: The Official Dirt by Lisa Brandt, and found this passage:

"Jermaine once proclaimed, 'I could have been Michael. It's all a matter of timing and luck'. That attitude continues to gnaw away at his psyche. In 1991, he released a mediocre single called 'Word To The Badd,' notable only for its biting lyrics aimed directly at his ridiculously successful brother Michael's many eccentricities."

For those who don't remember, the song went: "Don't know who you are/Once you were made, you changed your shade/Was your color wrong?"

And that's just one verse.

Says the book, "Jermaine's ex wife claims the tune was his jealous response to producers who abandoned his recording project to work with Michael instead."

Well, finally Michael's out of the picture and no one's talking about him anymore. Right?

Last edited:
This is just my opinion I'm not saying its the right one its just mine :): My theory is Jermaine has always been jealous of Michael as he wanted to be the best singer in the family, he reminds me of a D list celeb craving fame. He loves the attention now, singing in front of millions at Michael's memorial, being on Larry King. I don't think Katherine tells him much about what is really going on(I don't think he was keeping quiet on purpose I think he doesn't know a lot of it) who can blame her?

I don't like him for introducing Michael to Tohme http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1615320/20090706/jackson_michael.jhtml and then of course Tohme is in with Colony Capital and AEG http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-michael-jackson31-2009may31,0,1441957.story?page=1 Jermaine comes across as OTT to me about it all. I'm not saying he didn't love his brother in some way, I wouldn't know either way - I'm just saying I get a bad feeling about him. I know this tribute gig is for charity and that is the best bit about it, that bit is great. What about the bit where he seems ok with AEG when the rest of the family who have spoken don't seem to be. Then I see this on this gossip site that I swear Prince has something to do with(as some stuff written in his style and everything Prince related on there they talk about turns out to be true like performance rumours) http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2009/08/07/jermaine-jackson-cashing-on-michael-jacksons-death/ (check out the MSNBC article they have a link to on there)

You see although the tribute Jermaine is behind is for charity it seems quite a few people didn't want anything to do with it http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32323435/ns/entertainment-gossip/ (scroll down the page for Jermaine bit)

Now Janet, I respect her a lot - she is grieving in private and respecting Michael. She will be at the WMAs(not performing) for something to do with Michael and who is rumoured to be performing a tribute... Prince. I know there is always the playful who is better MJ and Prince threads on these sites and Prince's forums but you know I think he really did respect Michael and if this is true(most written on the Dr Funkenberry site is true about Prince-he has announced a few things on there) then I bet it will be amazing I really do, he was out of this world in London in 2007 and has an amazing vocal talent like Michael. He also has had record label disputes, I think he understands Michael a lot. Jermaine... just comes across as desperate for attention and my gut feelings don't trust him.

That is just my opinion.

I AGREE! I like jermaine, but I can't help but feel that he was some how always jelous of Michael. Marlon shows to be a better caring person, grieving in silence etc And Janet has all my respect. She is the 2nd most famous jackson and you dont see her running her mouth everywhere.

And second, there is a video or prince and Michael at a James brown concert during the thriller era. It has been said that they were good friends and would play basketball together and stuff. In the video James brown calls Michael to perform, and Michael to bother prince tells James brown that prince is there and that he wants to perform too. LOL it was so funny. Prince was like wtf? and MJ was just laughing! it was too cute =) and there's an interview from not to long ago where they ask prince if he thinks he can beat Michael in a fight, like boxing etc. And prince said, No i dont think he would fight. "Mike is a lover not a fighter". And then he said how one should not underestimate Michael. Prince has NEVER spoken bad about MJ at all. Considering how they were musical rivals, both born in the same year etc. They both always showed a lot of respect towards each other.

I think Jermaine is the real deal. They had a rivalry, most siblings do. But he loved his brother, and he always had his back. In 2004 he did countless interviews all over the world pushing that his brother is innocent. He would also often flaunt that Michael was still the biggest name in the business and making all the headlines. Jermaine had his back 100%. The reason he's doing these interviews now is because people want to know whats going on, he and Janet are the 2 most known members of the family now, and she isn't talking.

I don't remember any celebrities coming to Michaels aid in the media during the 2003 allegations. But Jermaine did. Janet couldn't, she still had a music career to look after, and it might not have looked good to go on tv and say her brother was innocent, but Jermaine did. He stood by Michael through the entire process.

I know we would like things more organized, tidy and all factual.. but that just can't be with someone sooooooo famous... the media is fascinated by his life and now his death...

and there are too many people that are interested in what the hell went on for Michael to die like that....

when so many snakes are on TV saying this and that.............tell the truth... if the family didn't also give their side.................many people would be upset and asking why...............

we need to hear from people that were close to Michael to understand the process ....

I feel for the entire family................loosing Michael is changing every aspect of their lives and careers............and who has the right answer always, all the time??

I don't remember any celebrities coming to Michaels aid in the media during the 2003 allegations. But Jermaine did. Janet couldn't, she still had a music career to look after, and it might not have looked good to go on tv and say her brother was innocent, but Jermaine did. He stood by Michael through the entire process.
MISSY ELLIOT
LL COOL J
ALICIA KEYS
STEVE HARVEY

man must i go on? my b rain hurts

freedom of speech is different right now cuz it's a manslaugher investigation. :doh:

Re: Jermaine Jackson on Larry King (preview)

So I'm not the only one that things something fishy is going on? I can't put my finger on what it is, but something just doesn't feel right about this to me. I wish I didn't have that feeling but I do. I'll reserve judgment or commenting further at this time..

I'm with u there.
Can't figure out his real character.
My Q. would be, what was his day time job before mj died?
Cause now he says he is dedicating his life to keeping mj's legacy.
I believe he does love mj, but is he doing it also for fame, holding onto mj's fan base for love, or....money?
But was his REAL job before???

But was his REAL job before???
user_online.gif
he didnt have one

I think Jermaine is the real deal. They had a rivalry, most siblings do. But he loved his brother, and he always had his back. In 2004 he did countless interviews all over the world pushing that his brother is innocent. He would also often flaunt that Michael was still the biggest name in the business and making all the headlines. Jermaine had his back 100%. The reason he's doing these interviews now is because people want to know whats going on, he and Janet are the 2 most known members of the family now, and she isn't talking.

I agree with you Tyler. I am really shocked that some of you have turned on Jermaine like this! He absolutely adores Michael and has been a rock for him. Michael used to go and stay with him in the middle east to get a bit of time out. Jermaine is SO genuine, if he's holding back any information right now it's because it's in the interest of his family and they have a right to keep things under wraps until they are ready. This is potentially a MURDER case of course he has to be careful what he discloses at this time. Michael was a private person so perhaps Jermaine doesn't know everything. Whether Omar is Michael's son or not should really be the least of our concerns right now and if Jermaine is saying he doesn't know then that's fine - maybe the kid doesn't know one way or the other. This family is under serious pressure right now, the last thing they need is fans bitching about them. I also feel that so far Jermaine has been the most helpful to us. HE made the statement confirming Michael's death, HE is putting on this tribute for MICHAEL AND US! He even stated that he didn't feel enough of us fans got a chance to be part of the memorial. He is donating the money to charity and he wants to continue Michael's work in healing the world - something that Michael would be proud of. And BTW There is a question mark over Michael charities at the moment, the HTWF are currently not taking donations - see that thread for details.

Re: Jermaine Jackson on Larry King (preview)

I really hope those kids are able to pick up where Michael left off with films because I know that was his next conquest and he would have been awesome at it.

They definitely have his way of looking at the world too so I think in another 20 or so years we can expect great things from the young Jacksons. :)

I hope those kids stay as far away from the music/film business as possible.

Let us line the kids up so that we can pay money to look at them.

Do you(meaning everyone) wanna know why people get rich and famous and die young?

We make that happen.

I hope they never do anything because of who they are. They are rich and free to live their life. If they want to do film, that is their choice. But I won't be tracking Mj's kids through the media to see what they are doing.

As fans we should respect Michaels wish to shield the children from this madness.

But we don't, so now the media are talking about them everyday, without thinking about the damage they could cause them.

And what about Omer Bhatti?

He can't go anywhere now, everyone think he is Michaels son.

Tribute 2009 - A Royal Goodbye for the King of Pop - Vienna, Austria

Jermaine Jackson announced on Larry King the other night that for one night, Michaels music will be brought back to life, in a tribute and in memory of Micheal in Vienna, Austria to honor his brother and his legacy. They will have live streaming video on a site where everyone around the world will be able to watch the concert. The date isn't officially announced on the site, but on Larry King he said it's suppose to be in September. Apparently they were going to hold a birthday event for Michael, in August, but since his sudden passing, Jermaine wanted to make this tribute concert, for his brother. I think that is an amazing idea and wonderful thing they will be doing for Micheal. They did mention the Larry King Cardiac Foundation and Earth Cares Foundation will be getting proceeds from this concert. Here is the link for everyone, to the Tribute 2009 website:

http://www.tribute2009.com/event.asp

Re: Tribute 2009 - A Royal Goodbye for the King of Pop - Vienna, Austria

Jermaine Jackson announced on Larry King the other night that for one night, Michaels music will be brought back to life, in a tribute and in memory of Micheal in Vienna, Austria to honor his brother and his legacy. They will have live streaming video on a site where everyone around the world will be able to watch the concert. The date isn't officially announced on the site, but on Larry King he said it's suppose to be in September. Apparently they were going to hold a birthday event for Michael, in August, but since his sudden passing, Jermaine wanted to make this tribute concert, for his brother. I think that is an amazing idea and wonderful thing they will be doing for Micheal. They did mention the Larry King Cardiac Foundation and Earth Cares Foundation will be getting proceeds from this concert. Here is the link for everyone, to the Tribute 2009 website:

http://www.tribute2009.com/event.asp

This post sounds like a promo ad

Re: Tribute 2009 - A Royal Goodbye for the King of Pop - Vienna, Austria

This post sounds like a promo ad

had you even read the post before commenting? a promo ad?

it was "news" and information to share with other members, nothing more, nothing less.

admin, good idea to merge all the larry king threads and posts into one. keep up the good work!

Last edited:

I'm totally agree with you and Janet didint speak becasue she is busy with the movie and she has no time to do the interview and involve these things .
I think Jermain is doing the great job .

the concert will be on 26th of September and tickets will be on sale on 20th of Aug. I think

I don't know why fans are turing on Jermaine, he is the only person who really takes on the media on Michael's behalf, and has done so since 2003.

I know Jermaine was once jealous of Michael, I remember seeing him on an early morning breakfast televison show in 1989 in the UK and the presenter asked Jermaine how Michael was and he said "There are plenty of ther members in our family as well as Michael". I've read his comments about how he felt he could have had Michael's success and it was just down to timing (Jermaine just doesn't have what it takes to be a solo star, even half as famous as Michael), and I remember when the nasty Word 2 The Badd came out in 1991 same same week as the Black Or White or Dangerous album was released. But I think since the false 1993 abuse allegations Jermaine's jealously of Michael's success ended and he became the protective older brother of Michael again, even though in my opinon I think Michael kept Jermaine at a distance for the rest of his life.

It's kind of a difficult position for Jermaine, because on one hand he appears to love the new level of fame he's gained since Michael's death. But on the other hand Michael is his brother and obviously Jermaine loved him as you could clearly see how upset Jermaine was when annoucing Michael's death at the press conference. Someone has to be the media face for Michael, and until Michael's 3 children are old enough Jermaine is the right person to talk about and defend Michael in the media. And the media do take Jermaine seriously, which is a good thing for Michael's legacy.

its interesting that the 2 siblings who are mainly speaking about Michael now ... ie jermaine and la toya

are the 2 that did big brother in this country

and the two that have in the past done very harsh things to MJ

and Jermaine is also the one that kept banging on to the press about J5 reunions that MJ had to keep denying.. and kept saying michael had converted religions.. which also wasnt true...

there was no need for this Larry interview.. jermaine had nothing to add... i realise he's respecting the authorities wishes and cant comment on an ongoing investigation.. but why keep doing these interviews?

desperate for attention?? much??

u don't make a song called word to tha badd and then be all nice again. it just don't fly like that.

and i wonder, what would jermaine say about that book thing rf is talking about. i wanna see his reaction. that would tell/show everyone on how real or fake it is. stacy brown used to be friends w/ teh family. he knows rebbie and nathan...

and he wrote a book w/ bob jones using the info bob provided. so what's so out of line to think he would be writing a book w /jermaine? just the fact that the book may not have been so damn positive?

u don't make a song called word to tha badd and then be all nice again. it just don't fly like that.

and i wonder, what would jermaine say about that book thing rf is talking about. i wanna see his reaction. that would tell/show everyone on how real or fake it is. stacy brown used to be friends w/ teh family. he knows rebbie and nathan...

and he wrote a book w/ bob jones using the info bob provided. so what's so out of line to think he would be writing a book w /jermaine? just the fact that the book may not have been so damn positive?

I don't remember him releasing an official statement about the book proposal, but I do remember the media claiming that Jermaine said he was "duped" into confiding into Stacey Brown, who he believed was a family friend. But then again, Stacey could have simply fabricated the whole thing. I wouldn't put it past him.

EDIT:

Monday, 17 March 2006

JERMAINE JACKSON DENIES BOOK ALLEGATIONS

Michael Jackson's older brother Jermaine has denied recent reports from the New York Daily News claiming he was shopping a negative book about his brother to potential publishers.
Jermaine appeared on CNN's Larry King Live in the U.S. to provide his side of the story. The article claimed that the book portrayed the older brother to be concerned about Michael's behaviour, an allegation vehemently denied by the alleged author.

When asked by King, Jermaine said he did have a book proposal tentatively called Legacy that was not taken up by a publisher due to the lack of sensationalism, "I'm very, very upset because they were very interested in it and then they turned it down because there was no negativity. There was nothing of any sort of what's being said now."

During the conversation, legal action became an issue with the Let's Get Serious singer stating he will decide on the best course of action against the Daily News writer Michelle Caruso and Stacy Brown the ghost writer who, Jermaine claims, is responsible for this negative proposal. "Michael's people called me and they asked me was this true and I told them no and I sent them my manuscript, which is totally different from what was said," Jermaine proclaimed. "They traced an e-mail of a very ugly manuscript back to (Brown)."

The 51-year-old former Jackson 5 bass player was bemused at the fact that no one from the Daily News tried to confirm the claims by Brown with him. He then got angry, "I'll tell you what there are some sick people out there and they saw my love and my support for my family and Michael and they want to use me and I'm the wrong one to use because I talk and I'm speaking now."

Jermaine passionately continued, "I mean (Michael is) still trying to rebuild his life back, not just Michael, the family, our children, everybody. People don't realise what we went through and (they) just... create more lies. Leave us alone. Let us do what we know how to do but leave us alone."

Show host King then enquired about Michael's well being, the proud elder brother was glad to inform him that his younger sibling was getting into shape while staying in Bahrain.

"(Michael is) doing wonderful. He's gained some weight. He's happy and he's running on the beach. I spoke to him. He's doing 300 pushups a day and doing sit-ups. He's getting those muscles back and he's getting ready."

The CNN broadcaster then asked if Michael was going to sing again, "Of course," Jermaine quickly replied, "He's going to make music. We did a song for the hurricane victims, which is doing very, very... it's coming along well. It's been taking a bit of time to get out there but it's going to be released." He also confirmed that Michael's children were also doing well in their peaceful surroundings in the Middle East.

Last edited:
no i think if he said he was duped into confiding, then that means what stacy is saying is what jermaine said. he had him on audio etc...

grace wanted to say the same thing but forgot the day before her friend defendedher saying she was tricked. if jermaine didn't say those things, he'd say it was patently false. not he was tricked.

no one can make u say shit u don't wanna say.

its interesting that the 2 siblings who are mainly speaking about Michael now ... ie jermaine and la toya

are the 2 that did big brother in this country

and the two that have in the past done very harsh things to MJ

and Jermaine is also the one that kept banging on to the press about J5 reunions that MJ had to keep denying.. and kept saying michael had converted religions.. which also wasnt true...

there was no need for this Larry interview.. jermaine had nothing to add... i realise he's respecting the authorities wishes and cant comment on an ongoing investigation.. but why keep doing these interviews?

desperate for attention?? much??

Exactly - Jermaine and Latoya have a hunger for fame, a desperation even and I'm not disputing whether or not they loved Michael, that is something only they know in their hearts. I'm just saying they do seem to be using his death to raise their own profiles which IMO is sick especially as they say Michael may not even be buried yet. Jermaine though is clever he always says what the fans want to hear... I still just don't trust him. I'm not 'turning' on him either as I never liked him that much before. Latoya just loves attention, I think there maybe some truth to what she has said but sadly due to the way she has been before you can't take any of it seriously. Jermaine though, its his connections to Tohme that concern me... http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1615320/20090706/jackson_michael.jhtml
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-michael-jackson31-2009may31,0,1441957.story?page=1

As I said its just my opinion folks but please don't say 'you are wrong etc...' back to me as I'm not saying that to you, we should just agree to disagree :)

Show host King then enquired about Michael's well being, the proud elder brother was glad to inform him that his younger sibling was getting into shape while staying in Bahrain.

"(Michael is) doing wonderful. He's gained some weight. He's happy and he's running on the beach. I spoke to him. He's doing 300 pushups a day and doing sit-ups. He's getting those muscles back and he's getting ready."

The CNN broadcaster then asked if Michael was going to sing again, "Of course," Jermaine quickly replied, "He's going to make music. We did a song for the hurricane victims, which is doing very, very... it's coming along well. It's been taking a bit of time to get out there but it's going to be released." He also confirmed that Michael's children were also doing well in their peaceful surroundings in the Middle East.

Hmmm... if it went so well out there why did he move on... and was MJ ever spotted 'running on the beach'? I just can't help but feel Jermaine is full of BS 'at times' like some of what he says is true and then he spices it up a bit, do you get me? (its ok if you don't :) )

Back