Jermaine Jackson Concert to Include Special Dedication to Jackson 5 and Michael Jackson

No turned out to be a pretty decent show. Fans came as far from NYC and Japan. He started with can you feel it went into four of his songs then went into Michael's ballads. At first seemed like he had no stage presence or ability to work the crowd but he warmed up greatly. Sang Man in the Mirror really well and did many MJ ballads that didn't get much airplay like Can't help it. I was surprised that he atttempted MJ fast songs like Beat It the biggest number off the night, wanna be startin something and even jam and they don't care about us. He didn't spend much time on J5 songs just a quick medley. Then back to MJ and Jacksons songs. As far as the crowd it was a very good crowd with lots of people waiting in line earlier to get tickets from the box office so not sure about rumor there was give away plus the people I went with were told the most expensive seats were sold out. There were some gaps which the emcee caused chaos with because he announced the show was being taped for pay per view and the crowd could fill those gaps. Fights broke out when those ticket holders arrived.

It was great to see the kids, Katherine,Joe, Tito, Austin, Genevieve and Jermaine's kids. Couldn't spot Blanket thogh I heard he was there. Concert was worth the ticket price, nice video montage to MJ. With the MJ impersonators,MJ fans and MJ music it was just a party for MJ. There were no Janet songs like I think he said he would do. You can tell Jermaine is used to playing bass which he only did for one song and still getting used to lead. Still worth the ticket price and fun to remember MJ and party with. His family.N

No turned out to be a pretty decent show. Fans came as far from NYC and Japan. He started with can you feel it went into four of his songs then went into Michael's ballads. At first seemed like he had no stage presence or ability to work the crowd but he warmed up greatly. Sang Man in the Mirror really well and did many MJ ballads that didn't get much airplay like Can't help it. I was surprised that he atttempted MJ fast songs like Beat It the biggest number off the night, wanna be startin something and even jam and they don't care about us. He didn't spend much time on J5 songs just a quick medley. Then back to MJ and Jacksons songs. As far as the crowd it was a very good crowd with lots of people waiting in line earlier to get tickets from the box office so not sure about rumor there was give away plus the people I went with were told the most expensive seats were sold out. There were some gaps which the emcee caused chaos with because he announced the show was being taped for pay per view and the crowd could fill those gaps. Fights broke out when those ticket holders arrived.

It was great to see the kids, Katherine,Joe, Tito, Austin, Genevieve and Jermaine's kids. Couldn't spot Blanket thogh I heard he was there. Concert was worth the ticket price, nice video montage to MJ. With the MJ impersonators,MJ fans and MJ music it was just a party for MJ. There were no Janet songs like I think he said he would do. You can tell Jermaine is used to playing bass which he only did for one song and still getting used to lead. Still worth the ticket price and fun to remember MJ and party with. His family.N

thanks for posting!

do you remember the whole setlist?

"AliciaJacobs: all 3 Jackson kids just took their seats in the theatre....showtime...film crew following the kids & other family members."

Oh god....

does anything surprise us anymore. tacky is as tacky does no wonder they spent 15 years trying to get mj one board if that cheap publicity event and its "success" is anything to go by.do u think he will be telling his ex and the judge he did this concert for free lol

Last edited:

Thank you :)

Why would they have to give tickets away if so many people showed up from overseas?

Sorry I tried to remember the set list but lost track as I got into the show. He started with can you feel it and ended with shake your body. Second song was dynamite. He did do what you do and daddy's home and of course let's get serious which he played bass for. He did abot 18 solo mj songs spanning from off the wall including she's out of my life to thriller including lady of my life to bad including black or white to dangerous including jam to history including you are not alone. The concert started with a rttecording of michael reading something for planet earth i wondered if it was to be included for this is it. He didn't do thriller or billie jean thogh the crowd was screaming for him too did do human nature.S
thanks for posting!

do you remember the whole setlist?

Why would they have to give tickets away if so many people showed up from overseas?

prob just tourists. like jerm fans would fly from japan etc lol like he has any in japan lol

gotta say how incredibly tacky it is him singing mjs songs.i know its all about getting attention and publicity but talk about vomit inducing. then again he did an interview sat outside at F.L so nothings surprising shame he cant do a vegas show off his on back and not ride on his bros coat tails. nothings changed.

People making up stuff as normal. I work in entertainment and the show would not have happened if nly 300 seats were sold.

Hmmmm Vegas is a tourist-driven city. Any given day, you will find people from all over the world there.

Does not mean they flew in to see Jermaine ..make a mockery of MJ's legacy.

Yeah I agree with this. Its no surprise that members of the media would be negative same as if michael was doing shows.Y
People making up stuff as normal. I work in entertainment and the show would not have happened if nly 300 seats were sold.

He said from the beginning that this was a show decicated to Jackson Family music, Michael is/was part of the family and his legacy compares to no one. Other artist have dedicated their shows to MJ and sang a bunch of his songs as form of appreciation. People who attended expected him to do Michael's songs as well as his own and J5 songs. There isn't anything tacky about that, If I was an artist I'd be flattered to have people wanting to sing my songs.

I am suprised he didn't do Janet's songs like he panned to. He said he wanted to do anytime anyplace but i didn't think that was a good idea because there would be kids in the audience lol he could ahve done some of he upbeat songs like Escapade, All for you or even come back to me.

if they had paid for the venue already it would could cost them even more to cancel it

This is so hilarious you have the same people defending JErmaine over and over again. I wonder why mainstream media hasnt catched up on this extraordinary concert event of megatar Jermaine.

So how many people were there?
Any pics?

and... of course..., anything Jermaine does, it ends up a disaster...
Its shocking to see how he has failed in all tribute gigs, as well as the Jackson family...

On the other hand... the Michaelmania is gone and I am not surprised that there is almost no interest in the Jackson tribute stuff/gigs...
and thats why I am afraid of this... in regard to the upcoming new album and the support of Michael especially in the USA.

So how many people were there?
Any pics?

and... of course..., anything Jermaine does, it ends up a disaster...
Its shocking to see how he has failed in all tribute gigs, as well as the Jackson family...

On the other hand... the Michaelmania is gone and I am not surprised that there is almost no interest in the Jackson tribute stuff/gigs...
and thats why I am afraid of this... in regard to the upcoming new album and the support of Michael especially in the USA.

What does a tribute concert by Jermaine have to do with the support about the new album....?

Michael has the most fans of any artist in the history of music..Your worrying about something that is not a reality...I don't get it.. :scratch:

Michaelmania will NEVER be gone, it is Immortal.

Michaelmania is not gone. Jermainemania is gone however. Only Jermaine doesn't know that.

Some on twitter say that the show was an hour late. Of seven thousand seats only sold three hundred.

What does a tribute concert by Jermaine have to do with the support about the new album....?

Michael has the most fans of any artist in the history of music..Your worrying about something that is not a reality...I don't get it.. :scratch:

Michaelmania will NEVER be gone, it is Immortal.

I should say - posthumous Michaelmania is gone.
And it has to do a lot with tributes, especially regarding Jermaine, do you remember the tributes in EU? Nothing happened, there was the lack of interest from fans, + PR failure... and so on.
Thats what I mean.

and... with the most fans in history of music.... well, if at least 4 mill. albums are going to sold in the USA and globally at least 10 mill. - that will be the support I would be expecting...

And it has to do a lot with tributes, especially regarding Jermaine, do you remember the tributes in EU? Nothing happened, there was the lack of interest from fans, + PR failure... and so on.

that was because those tributes were a disaster from the start.

do you remember the tribute done by Spile Lee? 50 thousand people showed up for that one.

This is so hilarious you have the same people defending JErmaine over and over again. I wonder why mainstream media hasnt catched up on this extraordinary concert event of megatar Jermaine.

And the same people putting him down over and over

i don't like Jermaine. but i hope he did well this time or many ppl would laugh at him and the J family again. ppl would think they r nothing without Michael.

Whats that? Geee, was he serious with that so.called Tribute concert?

The promo was promising, reality totally different..., right?

Prices are just $50, $65 or $80 per ticket and can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at (800-745-3000) or via their website http://www.ticketmaster.com/ and searching Jermaine Jackson. Or you can also purchase in person at the Planet Hollywood box office. Get there early for the Red Carpet!!! Gonna be lots of celebrities!

Back