Jay-Z Didn't Want Remake of 'We Are The World

I totally agree with Jay-Z, perfection should be left alone. However, if this new version raised money, then it did its purpose. Of course....a lot of good stuff was sacrificed for this new song in order to appeal to the younger audience--a younger audience with cash...so as much as this song leaves a sour taste in my mouth, as long as it does its job and helps Haiti, then let it be.
Oooh Michael would sooo cringe at it though, but at least it was for a good cause and he'd be happy for that.

When they change the song we are the world they destroyed one of the worlds most amazing songs! No one should ever change Michael Jackson´s masterpiece.

NOW because Michael is no longer here, i can say that i agree with the project,

if you watch the video, you cannnot avoid the CHILDREN beeing shown there, i agree that the original artistically was better, only that.

but the cause is JUST. Michael is no longer here yet MICHAEL IS HELPING BECAUSE THIS IS HIS SONG, yes Lionel add some lines and Jones produced it, but the song is MICHAEL JACKSON and MICHAEL ONLY WANTED TO HELP

So as a final i say that artistically i prefer the original one, but the melody and the MESSAGE IS MICHAELS, and MICHAEL'S MESSAGE WAS TO HELP ONE EACH OTHER TO SAVE THE WORLD, TO HEAL THE WORLD, CAUSE WE ARE THE ONES THAT CAN MAKE IT. WE ARE THE WORLD, STOP THE HATIN, (i include myself on this)

Last edited:
Is there any way of finding out how much money has been raised yet for Haiti from this WATW 25?

So as a final i say that artistically i prefer the original one, but the melody and the MESSAGE IS MICHAELS, and MICHAEL'S MESSAGE WAS TO HELP ONE EACH OTHER TO SAVE THE WORLD, TO HEAL THE WORLD, CAUSE WE ARE THE ONES THAT CAN MAKE IT. WE AE THE WORLD, STOP THE HATIN, (i include myself on this)

some like it.
some don't like it, but it's for charity so it's ok.
some don't like it and won't buy it.(if they want to help haiti they'll choose something else)
no one's hating,just talking.

The title is All Night Long (All Night). :p

my bad my bad lol....

We are the World, was the first song composed for humanitarian
I particularly do not like another music to occupy this place, I can
call selfish, in that I am and much, because the memory and legacy of Michael must prevail in all that we can maintain, and that music is one of them.
Of course i'll hear the first because it is my favorite.
But making a new Regravaçao with new artists while Michael, in addition
be an honor it is to perpetuate how Michael was valuable, and vizionario, because even
not being here, he always will be present in future
I disagree with Jay-Z, is not the issue which is the best
Jay-Z also made a not scored
Of course not had the truth and the genius of Michael

The do-over of the 25-year-old song - which features stars from Barbra Streisand to Miley Cyrus to Lil' Wayne - made its debut Friday night during the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. The single's official title is "We Are the World: 25 for Haiti."

Lil Wayne - ???? WTF??? Didnt he make some derogatory comments about Mike lately!! PRICK!!

Celine dion? Miley cryrus?? what a pile of crap!!

Celine Dion, Will I am and Kanye West were the only good additions to this disappointing remake!!!

I particularly do not like another music to occupy this place, I can
call selfish, in that I am and much, because the memory and legacy of Michael must prevail in all that we can maintain, and that music is one of them.
Of course i'll hear the first because it is my favorite.
But making a new Regravaçao with new artists while Michael, in addition
be an honor it is to perpetuate how Michael was valuable, and vizionario, because even
not being here, he always will be present in future
I disagree with Jay-Z, is not the issue which is the best
Jay-Z also made a not scored
Of course not had the truth and the genius of Michael
I'm sorry, but I don't get what you are trying to say here?

Celine Dion, Will I am and Kanye West were the only good additions to this disappointing remake!!!

I am going to say that Snoop, LL, and Will were the only good additions. Their rap break down was the best new part of the song, ans I don't usually like rap. But this is just MHO.:)

Bangladesh

I don't know what the 1st was, but We Are The World wasn't it. Band Aid's Christmas song came out before it. Bob Geldolf, who was behind Band Aid, was sort of instumental in starting USA For Africa. I think George Harrison's Bangladesh concert which took place around 1972 was one of the 1st of the charity efforts.

Re: Bangladesh

I don't know what the 1st was, but We Are The World wasn't it. Band Aid's Christmas song came out before it. Bob Geldolf, who was behind Band Aid, was sort of instumental in starting USA For Africa. I think George Harrison's Bangladesh concert which took place around 1972 was one of the 1st of the charity efforts.

oh yes,do they know it's christmas?came out before...you were there too!

ummm, I haven't even listened to it or seen the vid..I just dont want to....Probably cause I agree with Jay-z (for once in my life!!!lol)

I thought it was horrible.

And I agree, MAKE A NEW SONG.

Stop copying Michael's ideas.

Haha. Someone, somewhere in my apt building is blasting "WATW" right now. I can only faintly hear it, but I immediately recognized it as the Haiti one because of the autotune. :smilerolleyes:

I just overheard (....okay, I was totally eavesdropping. :ph34r: :blush:) this conversation from my roommates in the living room.

Nicole: "Hey, We are the world."
Charlie: "...What?"
Nicole: "Listen. The song. (Pause) (Sings) "We are the world, we are the children."
Charlie: "Ohhh yeah."
Nicole: "You know, they're doing a remake for Haiti and Jay-Z doesn't want them to."
Charlie: "Okayyy?..."
Nicole: "I don't know. That's what I saw."

[Is the Jay-Z part of the story that big of a deal? LoL. My perception on celebrity/media stuff is skewed because I only pay attention/hear about the MJ stuff. Plus, my only source is this board. =P]

I think Jay-Z is right, I mean, it's good because it has been done to help people but still, it's a song remixed by someone else than Michael, and to be fair, nobody does what Michael used to do ! So obviously it's not better than the original song, it's not even equal. Good plan though, people need that money !

and i wonder if anybody thinks that Jay Z is not a charitable person, because of his views on this. because that idea was thrown around a lot, against people who agree with Jay Z. and that idea is just nonsense. one has nothing to do with the other. after 'scholars' changed the word 'charity' to 'love' in the Bible, i stopped taking seriously any ideas like that. 'love' is a loaded word. 'charity' is specific. it's so easy to deceive with that ideology.

Back