Jacksons To Be Honored as BMI Icons - will Michael attend?

Joseph & Katherine has to be very proud of their children for real. :yes:
You got that right!

And seeing their sons TOGETHER on stage would, I'm sure, be priceless for both Katherine and Joseph. Makes me get a little "choked up" just thinking about it, as a parent.

Right on, elusive. Besides this award is to celebrate the Jacksons' 40 years of musical achievements, really, and not just the Jackson 5 or Michael or Janet or even the Jacksons as a group. :)

Joseph & Katherine has to be very proud of their children for real. :yes:

Forty years of service and Mike's only 50 this month. Imagine working ALL your life and still having much more to give. Congrats to the entire family.

The Jacksons deserve this award because they have done so much for the music industry.:clapping:I do think Michael will be there with his brothers because heck he is the lead singer.
:punk:

well we know he was there back in 1990 when he received the first BMI Michael Jackson award / lets hope he will attend and celebrate with his brothers /:clapping::clapping:

003.jpg

009.jpg

Last edited:
Very happy for you, Jacksons! Congratulations!

:clap: :flowers:

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/05/arts/05arts-JACKSONSTORE_BRF.html?ref=arts

Jacksons to Reunite

Compiled by Julie Bloom
Published: August 5, 2008

The Jackson brothers will be honored at the Urban Awards next month, The Associated Press reported. With the exception of Michael Jackson, all have confirmed that they will attend the awards show, which honors hip-hop and R&B artists and is hosted by BMI. It is scheduled to take place at the Wilshire Theater in Beverly Hills on Sept. 4. The Jackson Five, which included Michael, Marlon, Jackie, Tito and Jermaine, were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997. The group later became the Jacksons, with Randy, another brother, replacing Jermaine.

So that doesnt mean MJ wont appear but rather that he hasnt accepted at this time. Or they just could be keeping mum.

Maybe he will go...After all the award is for the whole Jackson 5... which might give him more incentive.... I'LL PROBABLY GO!..haha.. I know its a private event...I live in LA...so I'll check the updates! :)

I sure hope Michael can attend...it would be just so nice to see them all together again....

I know he loves his brothers...they've been through a lot together...and this is SUCH an honor...

Hey Mike!! I'll take care of the kids! Just drop em off at my house...Just go!! LOL!!

I hope he goes i really can,t see him not afterall it is about the honor of the Jackson,s. Oh yeh they better get a bigger place than that if they have Michael there . Can you just imagine how crasy it will be. i wish them all the best .

I'd love to see this either way, whether Mike is there or not. I wish them all the best, too. :flowers:

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald....html?id=074495e7-af77-4bad-a3a3-31cb106679ee

The Jacksons to be honored in L.A.

Reuters
Published: Tuesday, August 05, 2008

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Jacksons will receive a lifetime achievement award during performing rights group BMI's eighth annual Urban Awards on September 4.

Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael Jackson will be bestowed with the Icon award during the ceremony, which honors the most-performed R&B/hip-hop songs of the past year in the BMI repertoire.

A BMI spokeswoman said Michael Jackson has yet to confirm his attendance, but the others will on hand at the Wilshire Theatre in Beverly Hills. As honorees, the Jacksons will not perform. Other artists, as yet unannounced, will take the stage to cover the group's songs.

Starting out as The Jackson 5 in their hometown of Gary, Ind., the siblings found fame at Motown Records where they enjoyed a string of hits beginning with 1969's "I Want You Back."

Later smashes included "Enjoy Yourself," "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)" and "State of Shock" with Mick Jagger, released in 1984 at the height of Michael Jackson's stardom.

Since this event is apparently closed to the general public, and the Jackson's themselves will not perform, for some reason it seems to increase the odds of Michael being there in my mind.

Rarely do I get hyped by "possible" appearances, but this is one I really hope comes to fruition regarding Michael attending.

Back