Jackson Family announces burial plans

ElleBella

Proud Member
I guess Joe was right (for once..)
Michael Jackson -- Burial Announced

Posted Aug 18th 2009 10:10AM by TMZ Staff

The spokesman for the Jackson family says Michael Jackson will be laid to rest at Holly Terrace in the Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park on Saturday, August 29 at 10 AM. That would have been Michael's 51st birthday.

The ceremony will be limited to family and close friends

I'm confused.. why would they announce it?

I thought the whole idea of an unmarked grave was so no one would no where he was buried, now there are gonna be helicopters all over the place (and ground media if they can weasel their way in).

Either this isnt true or the family really hasnt been thinking this through.

I really dont like the idea that we will be remembering his burial and his birthday on the same day.

I'm sure it was announced because of all the rumors and speculation going around.

omg why on his birthday? :no:
I can't even imagine how many people will be there,media,everything :(

I'm confused.. why would they announce it?

I thought the whole idea of an unmarked grave was so no one would no where he was buried, now there are gonna be helicopters all over the place (and ground media if they can weasel their way in).
Part of Forest Lawn is blocked off form the public and is under security, no one is able to get back there. So more than likely that is where he will be buried.

From ForestLawn.com

ContentTheGreatMausoleum1.jpg

With its architectural inspiration coming from the world-famous Campo Santo in Genoa, Italy, the Great Mausoleum has been called the "New World's Westminster Abbey" by Time Magazine. Shown here is Memorial Terrace, the entrance to the Last Supper Window and the Memorial Court of Honor, where exact reproductions of the greatest works of Michelangelo are on display.

17945984.jpg

3462856.jpg

i cant beleive they are doing it on his birthday and announced it. just when u think it cant get any worse it does

getting teary-eyed again :cry: now I'm going to have a mental picture of the place where he is going to lye for all eternity...no more lavish houses or apartments but a grave

seems so final :( i go away on this day to America am going to a bit :| on this day i guess.
i would of liked him to have been buried at neverland, but i spouse the family have there reasons to why hes not getting buried there. Forest Lawn looks really nice though.

I for one will NOT be celebrating his death on Aug. 29th.
I will be having my own quiet birthday party.
In fact, I got him a card and a pack of gum.

This will be a day for happy thoughts. No tears. No pain.
I hope his family have a special day planned as well and not just this.

at least its inside so no one can see. maybe they will take him to the ranch later. as it appears to be crypts that they use in there. this is killing me:cry:

Oh wow, I can't believe they went for his birthday... that's so wrong :(

By the looks of it the place is completely off limits to those who aren't family, so much for being able to visit him :cry:

it's in a mausoleum so he won't be buried underground. sort of like a crypt.how they did it in the french quarter

Good. He didn't want to be buried.

From ForestLawn.com

ContentTheGreatMausoleum1.jpg

With its architectural inspiration coming from the world-famous Campo Santo in Genoa, Italy, the Great Mausoleum has been called the "New World's Westminster Abbey" by Time Magazine. Shown here is Memorial Terrace, the entrance to the Last Supper Window and the Memorial Court of Honor, where exact reproductions of the greatest works of Michelangelo are on display.

17945984.jpg

3462856.jpg

Thanks for the pix. Beautiful place. It's grand and elegant. Perfect place for him, I think. The family have done an awesome job, imo. They can visit in private and his body will be safe and secure in there. I was kinda hoping they would put him at this one instead of the other Forest Lawn property. Bittersweet moment tho as we'd prefer he were still alive, of course. :(

at least its inside so no one can see. maybe they will take him to the ranch later. as it appears to be crypts that they use in there. this is killing me:cry:

He won't be going to that ranch ever, imho. Thank God.

Sry. I dont get it... what do u mean he wont be buried underground?

A crypt is where a person can be buried above-ground.

I'm not too concerned about it being on his birthday. It was going to be a sad day anyway becuz it would be the first b-day without him alive. And his official day of death will always be June 25th, not the day he was buried.

sigh... this is so depressing. But it's comforting to know he's getting HIS wishes in death. Bless his family.

Oh wow, I can't believe they went for his birthday... that's so wrong :(

By the looks of it the place is completely off limits to those who aren't family, so much for being able to visit him :cry:

Yes it is completely off limits,

MJ's Final Resting Place -- No Visitors, Please

If you're planning on going to Michael Jackson's burial site at Forest Lawn Memorial Park and dropping off some flowers, think again -- the mausoleum where he's being buried on August 29 isn't open to the public.

0818_mausoleum_forest_lawn.jpg

The Great Mausoleum -- where stars like Clark Gable, Jean Harlow and Nat King Cole were laid to rest -- is considered a private area, where only property owners and family members are allowed to go. It's monitored by security cameras to catch any trespassers who snoop around.

As for being on his birthday.....my cousin was buried on her birthday, can give loads of closure

Back