Jackson Estate Opposes Stipend for Joe Jackson

CherubimII

Proud Member
Jackson Estate Opposes Stipend for Joe Jackson
Michael Jackson's estate files opposition to monthly stipend for father Joe Jackson
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES
Michael Jackson's estate is opposing a bid by the late singer's father to receive a monthly allowance.
Attorneys for estate administrators John Branca and John McClain filed papers opposing Joe Jackson's efforts to get more than $15,000 a month from his son's estate. The filing states Joe Jackson has failed to show that his superstar son supported him while he was alive.
The filings also note that the singer omitted his father as a beneficiary in his will and trust.
Joe Jackson filed for the monthly stipend in November, saying he had little income and relied on his son's help to survive.
His attorney, Brian Oxman, did not immediately return a phone message Friday.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=9635399

Jackson Estate to Joe - Off the Money Train!
Posted Jan 22nd 2010 12:15PM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's estate does not want to pay Joe Jackson an allowance, because Michael Jackson did not want his dad to be a beneficiary under the will and Joe wants to use the money for lavish expenses -- not maintenance.

According to legal docs just filed, estate lawyers say Joe was never legally dependent on Michael Jackson during his life.

And, according to estate lawyers, the so-called "maintenance expenses" Joe wants include vacations, air travel, hotels, assistants and legal fees.

And Joe Jackson says the allowance will include money so he can "support his children or grandchildren."

Read more:
http://www.tmz.com/category/celebrity-justice#ixzz0dMexVKTz

Jackson estate opposes stipend for Joe Jackson
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer Anthony Mccartney, Ap Entertainment Writer 16 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson's estate has opposed a bid by the late singer's father to receive a monthly allowance, saying it would take money away from the singer's young children.

Attorneys for estate administrators John Branca and John McClain on Thursday filed papers opposing Joe Jackson's efforts to get more than $15,000 a month from his son's estate. The filing states Joe Jackson has failed to show that his superstar son supported him while he was alive. Jackson died June 25 in Los Angeles at age 50.

The filings also note that the singer omitted his father as a beneficiary in his will and trust, and that any money paid to Joe Jackson would reduce the estate's assets available for Michael Jackson's mother and children.
The children, Katherine Jackson and various unnamed charities are the only beneficiaries of Michael Jackson's estate. Katherine Jackson and the children are receiving more than $86,000 a month, and the administrators recently moved to increase the monthly stipends. The exact allowance amount has not been released.

Joe Jackson filed for the monthly stipend in November, saying he had little income and relied on his son's help to survive. It will be up to a judge to decide whether Joe Jackson receives any money from the estate. A hearing on the petition is scheduled for Jan. 28.

A former steelworker, Joe Jackson managed and trained his children and organized the Jackson 5. He has been married to Katherine Jackson for 50 years, but he lists his home in Las Vegas. She lives at a family home in the San Fernando Valley north of Los Angeles.

He is seeking payment for expenses that include $1,200 a month on rent for his Las Vegas home; $2,500 to eat out; $1,000 on entertainment, gifts and vacations; $2,000 on air travel and $3,000 on hotels.

His attorney, Brian Oxman, did not immediately return a phone message Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100122/ap_en_ce/us_jackson_estate

what part of OUT OF THE WILL does Joe not get! Michael didn't like him why would he give his father money!? god the Jackson family needs to learn to live off someone else or learn a new craft!

damn it Joe..give it a break!!....Go get a job
Joe Jackson does not need a job. He is 80 years old, and he needs to retire.
Joe already recieves a pension and Social Security.

If he really needs more money he should
ask one of his other children or adult grandchildren to provide it for him.

damn it Joe..give it a break!!....Go get a job

mhmmm.. that's what I'm sayin'. :clapping:

But if he really needs cash that badly then he could always ask Jermaine? :rofl:

Since Jermaine seems to think that Joe shouldn't have to ask for money at all, it should just "be given to him automatically." :smilerolleyes: So come on Jermaine, give your father money, he shouldn't have to ask you. :cheeky:

Joe should be ashamed of himself. Milking out money from a son of his that he abused as a kid. Michael does not like him, he was afraid of him. His son is dead and he wants his right to Michaels money. He makes me sick, really.

Joe's being ridiculous. He doesn't NEED all that money. Michael left him out of the will for a reason.

Incredible.
Doesn't he had other EIGHT children to support him?
What about good Jermain?
Was it only to Michael to give him money? And what about his own money? I doubt he ever worked for free. If he didn't take care of his finances and always used Michael as his bank, then shame on him.

...and he dares to say he didn't abuse Michael... :ermm:

C'mon, 1000USD a month just for his "fun"... well, if you are almost starving, then make the neccessary adjustments to live according to what you have (and not have).

This is really disgusting! I totally agree we sons/daughters must support our parents, but in a positive and healthy way. This is way too much, way too wrong!!

Two weeks ago he was interviewed by a Chilean newspaper and when asked what had been the most difficult part of dealing with MJ's passing and he says.... "tracking all the money they are making with him"

Tracking all the money.... money!!!! he only cares for money for HIM, nothing else!! I was expecting him to say "miss my son", "see the kids suffering", whatever, but tracking the money????? That's disturbing, to say the least.

good. go leach of your kids that are alive not the dead ones. pathetic

Two weeks ago he was interviewed by a Chilean newspaper and when asked what had been the most difficult part of dealing with MJ's passing and he says.... "tracking all the money they are making with him"

Tracking all the money.... money!!!! he only cares for money for HIM, nothing else!! I was expecting him to say "miss my son", "see the kids suffering", whatever, but tracking the money????? That's disturbing, to say the least.

Gosh, that is really sad if true. :no:

Incredible.
What about good Jermain?
Was it only to Michael to give him money? And what about his own money? I doubt he ever worked for free. If he didn't take care of his finances and always used Michael as his bank, then shame on him.

C'mon, 1000USD a month just for his "fun"... well, if you are almost starving, then make the neccessary adjustments to live according to what you have (and not have).

This is really disgusting! I totally agree we sons/daughters must support our parents, but in a positive and healthy way. This is way too much, way too wrong!!

that's my only gripe about this whole thing... Joe has 8 other kids... You mean to tell me none of them can support him? They ought to be ashamed of themselves if their father needs his dead son to provide money for him to live when they are all sitting there in lavish houses, nice clothes and food on the table...

Incredible.
What about good Jermain?

Please don't let it be true but listening to some of Michael's own words I fear it is. I am feeling sad for Michael all over again.

Yeah, their getting all this money off of him and he is not getting all of it.

Maybe if you treated your son better instead of turning him into an ATM in life he would had supported you in death too just like your wife. We weep what we sow Joe and you are getting exactly what you deserve.

Have a nice long, peaceful life.

I have no comment...at least non that I could voice here without offense.

All I will say is I feel for Michael, what he lived with each and every day and I am just glad that at least wherever the heck he is that he doesnt have to put up this BS anymore...

ugH!

**walks out of thread**

Maybe if you treated your son better instead of turning him into an ATM in life he would had supported you in death too just like your wife. We weep what we sow Joe and you are getting exactly what you deserve.
well said. u made your bed now go lay in it

I don't get why the others in the family don't help Joe out if he is in dire straits. I don't get why Michael has to be the one all the time. The estate is for his three kids and that's it.

I don't get why the others in the family don't help Joe out if he is in dire straits. I don't get why Michael has to be the one all the time. The estate is for his three kids and that's it.
That's a good question. Joe Jackson's OTHER surviving children should step forward and give their Dad a helping hand. And by that I mean, help with his BASIC needs. To think that Joe wants all of this extra money for eating out, hotels, and airfare is beyond the norm, in my opinion. (Not to mention money for his daughter and her daughter, that's going a little too far. LOL!)

They can ALL just chip in a little each month and Joe will be fine. The fact that none of them have stepped up to the plate is very interesting.

Maybe the brothers can include Joe in their reality program. That should earn him a few extra dollars.

That's a good question. Joe Jackson's OTHER surviving children should step forward and give their Dad a helping hand. And by that I mean, help with his BASIC needs. To think that Joe wants all of this extra money for eating out, hotels, and airfare is beyond the norm, in my opinion. (Not to mention money for his daughter and her daughter, that's going a little too far. LOL!)

They can ALL just chip in a little each month and Joe will be fine. The fact that none of them have stepped up to the plate is very interesting.

Maybe the brothers can include Joe in their reality program. That should earn him a few extra dollars.

They all talk about how at the end of the day they are family and yet they can't help out their father? It doesn't make sense. The courts will see he has other children to help him. Isn't that taken into consideration? I watched the reality show and the brothers have pretty nice homes and cars etc. I don't get what the problem is.

I'd like to see how much effort some pp would put if there were only DEBTS instead to pay ....would they fight to pay with the same fervency they use to try and "get some" if the situation was the opposite?

I know! Joe has more than just one child why can't they all chip in? I really can't stand when they and others say that they are all family and that's what families do. So it's okay that Michael pays for everything? No, I don't think so. I mean if the rest of the family contributed then I would be like okay, yea that is what families do (if they all put in their share to take care of their parents). But they don't, they just like Michael pay for it all and take care of them. I think Jermaine can stop buyin' so many of his lil' scaves and chip in some money for his father. Since he seems to think Joseph is broke and needs all that money so badly. :smilerolleyes:

And Joe Jackson says the allowance will include money so he can "support his children or grandchildren."

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

Shouldn't his children and grandchildren support him??? They are old enough!

They did not feel obligated to support their own kids , so why do you expect them to bail joe out ? Non of them paid Katherine a penny all these years , at some point Marlon even refused to sign the contract for the "Jacksons an American Dream " because Katherine's share would have been double each of the siblings' shares . Katherine was devasted by that incident but later ofcourse the family blamed Carol for Marlon's behaviour .

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

Shouldn't his children and grandchildren support him??? They are old enough!

The child they are referring to is the daughter that Joe had with "another" woman. And the grandchild they are referring to is HER daughter.

Which really boggles the mind, because this daughter of Joe's is an adult, capable of taking care of herself and her daughter. Or should be able to take care of herself and her daughter.

So true, what about all those other children he has, he's got 9(!!!!) other LIVING children, yet wants the DECEASED to support him Seriously SMH :smilerolleyes: Maybe his other children who think ''he is the estate'' and just ''old school'' who don't believe he did ''anything wrong'', should step in to help their daddy dearest out, after all he made them.
Needless to say I'm beyond happy Joe should have treated Michael better.

Actually makes me sick.

Yes, Joseph makes me sick.

As they get older, the kids should take care of their parents if they need help. Isn't Katherine letting others stay at her home because they have nowhere to go? I think they don't want to help Joe because they know he isn't starving or not living comfortably but he will use the money for other things that are not necessary. He will use the money for his "ideas".

The child they are referring to is the daughter that Joe had with "another" woman. And the grandchild they are referring to is HER daughter.

Which really boggles the mind, because this daughter of Joe's is an adult, capable of taking care of herself and her daughter. Or should be able to take care of herself and her daughter.

Bingo! The Jackson family from what I see is living rather comfortably despite bogus reports of them struggling. I think JohVohnie and Joe were living together in Vegas before the falling out. And she seem like the only person that Joe will have to take care of. Marlon, Latoya, Jermaine, Janet, Rebbie, Tito, and Jackie all seem to do their own things and have thier own places.

Back